Sator

Can I just inject the cods from the RAR with BBH Tools instead of saving on the phone and running the .jad ?
    Yes you can inject the cods, but it's better to run the .jad, after the installation you can delete the file from your phone anyway.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-08-12 10:38 AM
    First working day on V2 since loaded.

Spent all morning in a building with very poor signal, 2 bars of anything is a bonus, and had to make quite a few voice calls.

Despite the poor signal and voicecall minutes I am sitting on an ADR of 2.1% per hour since off charge 7 hours ago.

As with V1, I find the power management with this .sfi very impressive with weak signals.
    10-08-12 10:39 AM

Spent all morning in a building with very poor signal, 2 bars of anything is a bonus, and had to make quite a few voice calls.

Despite the poor signal and voicecall minutes I am sitting on an ADR of 2.1% per hour since off charge 7 hours ago.

As with V1, I find the power management with this .sfi very impressive with weak signals.
    I was just about to comment on this... Am also on V2 -- I'm in a major city so normally my connection is excellent except when I'm in the basement and even then I get usually 2-3 bars. Yesterday, I went about 2 hrs into the country and was there for about 8 hours with very weak to no signal and had an ADR (4.47%) which was noticably LOWER than it has been for the prior 3 days (typically 5.0-5.5%). My avg # modules was down by about 25 to 76. That's understandable as I didn't try to push it knowing I had horrible service, so I was just trying to do BBM, often unsuccessfully. For the 24 hour period, I didn't have one module that was over 1% (CPU use). In fact the highest was 0.59%. When I was in the country, data was on the whole time, as was Bluetooth, but WiFi was shut off by SmartWifi.
    NB> I also run the Intermittant Connection Test (with Dev Analyser) and in the same 24 hours I had 2G 13%, 3G 70%, No coverage 16%, and had 0-2 bars (36%), which is MUCH more than my typical day. For comparison purposes, on an earlier day, I had 2G 7%, never had no coverage and 0-2 bars 10%.
    Last edited by sheldonbk; 10-08-12 at 11:29 AM.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-08-12 11:18 AM

I was just about to comment on this... Am also on V2 -- I'm in a major city so normally my connection is excellent except when I'm in the basement and even then I get usually 2-3 bars. Yesterday, I went about 2 hrs into the country and was there for about 8 hours with very weak to no signal and had an ADR (4.47%) which was noticably LOWER than it has been for the prior 3 days (typically 5.0-5.5%). My avg # modules was down by about 25 to 76. That's understandable as I didn't try to push it knowing I had horrible service, so I was just trying to do BBM, often unsuccessfully. For the 24 hour period, I didn't have one module that was over 1% (CPU use). In fact the highest was 0.59%. When I was in the country, data was on the whole time, as was Bluetooth, but WiFi was shut off by SmartWifi.
    NB> I also run the Intermittant Connection Test (with Dev Analyser) and in the same 24 hours I had 2G 13%, 3G 70%, No coverage 16%, and had 0-2 bars (36%), which is MUCH more than my typical day. For comparison purposes, on an earlier day, I had 2G 7%, never had no coverage and 0-2 bars 10%.
    Signal strenght is also a network dependant, attached signal patch .rar for you guys to try, use BBH tool to inject them, after reboot do another batt. pull, I hope it works for you guys.
    Attached Files
    ifraser, Legal Eagle and jjc392 like this.
    10-08-12 12:51 PM
    Signal strenght is also a network dependant, attached signal patch .rar for you guys to try, use BBH tool to inject them, after reboot do another batt. pull, I hope it works for you guys.
    Hi Sator

Wasn't criticising the build in the slightest, quite the opposite.
    What I was tring to say was that I was in a building where the signal is ALWAYS very poor and V2 power management coped with the low signal very well
    10-08-12 01:03 PM
    Hi Sator

Wasn't criticising the build in the slightest, quite the opposite.
    What I was tring to say was that I was in a building where the signal is ALWAYS very poor and V2 power management coped with the low signal very well
    Oh Ok. So I was misunderstood, my bad..LOL

Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-08-12 01:08 PM
    Oh Ok. So I was misunderstood, my bad..LOL

No problem, installed the cods anyway, anything that might help the signal even just a little is always a good thing.

Just rebooting after batery pull
    Thanks as always
    Sator and jjc392 like this.
    10-08-12 01:15 PM
    Sator, should I inject these also? What do they do?
    10-08-12 06:42 PM
    Installing now. Coming up from Alpha Prime by Mecca. My wife is on the stock 7.1 and her phone is lightning fast now. Hoping I get as good results.
    Sator likes this.
    10-08-12 06:56 PM
    Sator, should I inject these also? What do they do?
    If you feel that you don't have any problems with the signal or wifi strenght/locking, you don't have to inject them. But It's no harm to inject them>
    10-08-12 07:08 PM
    Hi Sator,

I noticed all the .cods in the signal patch package are "wlan" - to me, this implies "wireless LAN" (WiFi) - does this patch in any way help carrier wireless network signal, or just signal over WiFi?
    10-08-12 09:05 PM
    Hi Sator,

I noticed all the .cods in the signal patch package are "wlan" - to me, this implies "wireless LAN" (WiFi) - does this patch in any way help carrier wireless network signal, or just signal over WiFi?
    Yes, it also helps network signal eventhough not to much. The Original V2 I used 714 cods, and the signal patch are 694 cods. If you don't have any problems with your signal strenght, I think It's better for you to stick to the V2 cods (.714)

10-08-12 09:24 PM
    Is there any change in this hybid that would effect the proximity sensor? I have a problem with all the 7.1.versions including the latest from AT&T where the phone will put callers on hold, switch to speaker or dial another number while on a call. The only OS I have been able to use without issues is the original AT&T 7.0.576.

Thanks,
    Jack
    10-09-12 07:00 AM
    There is nothing that would control the proximity sensor in particular. That tends to more part of the hardware so it could be that you have a slightly too sensitive light sensor. Bit like the iphone one.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    10-09-12 07:24 AM
    I'm not having very good battery life yet depite battery pulls, and restarts. I have the usual humdrum of apps and besides whatsapp and bbm and facebook and twitter, the other apps that i can say i really use perhaps often is sugarsync, ddnotes and podtrapper. The app that i at times use alot is bbm and thats when i notice battery hurtling down. I dont have any groups or alot of people that i chat to so I have a feeling I should have steller battery life. However I have advance OS and another battery meter called battery watch and thinking that perhaps those two are conflicting with each other similar to a someone's experience with two two apps in one of the other forums. Will try reload today again for the second time and observe if there is any changes. If not i will have to revert to v1 of the hybrid.
    10-09-12 07:53 AM
    There is nothing that would control the proximity sensor in particular. That tends to more part of the hardware so it could be that you have a slightly too sensitive light sensor. Bit like the iphone one.

Thanks, that was my thinking also, unfortunately AT&T didn't see it the same way. They told me it was an app conflict, hard to swallow when there were no apps installed. Now my back button is acting up so maybe that will justify a replacement.
    10-09-12 07:55 AM
    I'm not having very good battery life yet depite battery pulls, and restarts. I have the usual humdrum of apps and besides whatsapp and bbm and facebook and twitter, the other apps that i can say i really use perhaps often is sugarsync, ddnotes and podtrapper. The app that i at times use alot is bbm and thats when i notice battery hurtling down. I dont have any groups or alot of people that i chat to so I have a feeling I should have steller battery life. However I have advance OS and another battery meter called battery watch and thinking that perhaps those two are conflicting with each other similar to a someone's experience with two two apps in one of the other forums. Will try reload today again for the second time and observe if there is any changes. If not i will have to revert to v1 of the hybrid.
    I have seen Whatsapp reported many times as being a bettery killer.
    Sator likes this.
    10-09-12 07:56 AM
    Whatsapp and advanced OS also can effect the battery life.

Some of the apps can have funny effect and we don't unfortunately test all apps so if you use them then the battery life is what you make of it.

Sator likes this.
    10-09-12 08:03 AM
    Unfortunately i need whatsapp for those friends who do not have bbm yet and Advance OS is being used in place of like four other apps (screen muncher, battery meter, torch and led light app) with V1 the battery would last a day atleast. from morning i would get home around 6 with like 40%. Average drain rate of say 4 to 5% is cool but now at like 7% and i'm not doing anything battery dies too quick. Will report back with results as soon as i get to the bottom of it
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-09-12 08:24 AM
    Unfortunately i need whatsapp for those friends who do not have bbm yet and Advance OS is being used in place of like four other apps (screen muncher, battery meter, torch and led light app) with V1 the battery would last a day atleast. from morning i would get home around 6 with like 40%. Average drain rate of say 4 to 5% is cool but now at like 7% and i'm not doing anything battery dies too quick. Will report back with results as soon as i get to the bottom of it
    If you are looking for good ADR and since you are not an AT&T user, i would reccomend the latest BL release RC6b2. It will give you an awesome battery life !
    Sator likes this.
    10-09-12 08:32 AM
    What's the link and is the net fast too on that one coz this hybrid has .714 cod files which by itself has the fastest browsing speeds /net speeds. I'm willing to check out anything that will give me proper battery life because I dont even use my phone as much as most of you do yet my battery life on average is not even close to the hours that most of you guys get.

PS: Just found it however which base OS would you recommend me to use as I have a torch 9810? Or can I use any base OS of my liking?
    10-09-12 09:00 AM
    What's the link and is the net fast too on that one coz this hybrid has .714 cod files which by itself has the fastest browsing speeds /net speeds. I'm willing to check out anything that will give me proper battery life because I dont even use my phone as much as most of you do yet my battery life on average is not even close to the hours that most of you guys get.

PS: Just found it however which base OS would you recommend me to use as I have a torch 9810? Or can I use any base OS of my liking?
    RC6b2 is build around the .658 base so would suggest you stick to it for best results.
    Phly_kid likes this.
    10-09-12 09:16 AM
    I replied too quickly before reading the post carefully. Downloading it as I post.
    maxx71 likes this.
    10-09-12 09:26 AM
    Sorry for being dense, but how do you work with the RAR file?? My system does not recognize it...
    10-09-12 09:59 AM
    Sorry for being dense, but how do you work with the RAR file?? My system does not recognize it...
    RAR is a compressed file, please press extract on the top left corner when u click open and extract to a new folder to the location of your choice in your laptop/pc
    10-09-12 10:04 AM
743 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD