Save on your memory/SD card and run .jad
    Problem, don't have a memory card.
    10-07-12 10:36 AM
    ...then I restore from DM before turning my connections back on.
    ifraser, doesn't the signal turn on right after an install automatically? OR have I been doing something wrong?
    10-07-12 10:40 AM
    Problem, don't have a memory card.
    save it on your phone memory, it's the same.
    Legal Eagle and ifraser like this.
    10-07-12 10:48 AM
    Yes, i was going to suggest RC5A. these will work. BTW i am on ATT V2. last night i did battery pull, then reset device analizer. Plugged in phone over night. left radio's on and 10 hours later got up and ADR was at .11
    I very rarely turn my radio off, only when i am doing an OS reload do i turn it off intentionally.

Night times I just put the phone to bedside mode.
    10-07-12 11:49 AM
    ifraser, doesn't the signal turn on right after an install automatically? OR have I been doing something wrong?
    It shouldnt no, I have had 2 occasions when mine has though and you have to catch it quickly if you need to
    restore bbm groups. As soon as your BB registers with the BIS system your looking at group rejoins

I am not sure what triggered mine to turn on but think it was registering the apps and I possibly chose to
    connect to BBM, that might auto turn on the radio.
    10-07-12 11:51 AM
    I don't use BBM, should I still worry about it being on?
    10-07-12 12:11 PM
    I don't use BBM, should I still worry about it being on?
    Most apps and even app world communicate and interact with bbm now a days so even if
    you dont use it, the phone needs it I do know a few folk that remove it but not sure how the phones
    and apps react.
    Mi.key likes this.
    10-07-12 12:18 PM
    The backlight doesn't automatically turn off while it is charging.. Need to press the lock button, else it stays on forever
    10-07-12 01:20 PM
    I have been doing some digging for you and it looks like your answer is in a reload the way we suggest.

No one has the issue with the recent versions of the hybrid and anyone who had it before changed their loading process.

Just make sure you backup and then wipe. Shouldn't take u long and it makes your phone feel like new.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    10-07-12 02:35 PM
    I have a couple questions , im new to this hybrid and I have another OS on my phon e right now . Should i wipe my device than put the v2 on it ? or what are the correct steps to doing this and as for the battery pulling , I have a otterbox on my 9900 , is there a possible way to reset the phone , from the phone if that makes sense , thank you
    10-07-12 02:51 PM
    I have a couple questions , im new to this hybrid and I have another OS on my phon e right now . Should i wipe my device than put the v2 on it ? or what are the correct steps to doing this and as for the battery pulling , I have a otterbox on my 9900 , is there a possible way to reset the phone , from the phone if that makes sense , thank you
    1st of all welcome to the thread, if you are on AT&T and want to try it then it is definitely worth a go, if you aren't on AT&T I would wait a couple of days and keep an eye on our other thread as there is a new mix about to be released with very similar properties to AT&T v2.

There are instructions on the 1st posts of all our BL threads.

Tools you need:

A pc/laptop
    The base OS of choice
    Hybrid of choice
    Desktop manager
    BBh-tools, bbsak or similar

Your phone most importantly

The Battery pull process is important so you might need to whip the otter off for an hour or so when doing the install.
    There is no way to do a proper battery pull without physically doing it.

If you need more details have a look in the thread or please post and someone shall help.

Sator likes this.
    10-07-12 03:35 PM
    Do I have to be on AT&T ? I live in Canada and have a bb 9900 with bell , but unlocked , will I still be able to use this OS , thank you
    Sator likes this.
    10-07-12 04:25 PM
    Do I have to be on AT&T ? I live in Canada and have a bb 9900 with bell , but unlocked , will I still be able to use this OS , thank you
    Hi Moezy,

No - you do not have to be on AT&T - you may not have heard, but there was a problem for AT&T subscribers in the US whereby using ANY 7.1 OS higher than .391 would have a problem (called "the mic issue" whereby when on a call, the person you were talking to could not hear you (but you could hear them). We all lived with this problem for many, many months - meaning we could not use a higher version OS, or any hybrids.

Then a couple of weeks ago, AT&T released 7.1.0.694 which solved the problem - unfortunately, it was not a very "speedy" or good battery life OS - so, the BL team developed a special hybrid, based on the AT&T .694 sfi (radio file) - so now we no longer have the mic issue, and we also now have a very good performing hybrid. THANK YOU BL TEAM!!!!!

So - since you are in Canada and not on AT&T - you do not have to use this AT&T Special hybrid - you can use any of the BL hybrids for your 9900.

However, you CAN use this AT&T Special with no problems - and I can tell you, after having V1 for a week, and now V2 for 2 days - these are superbly crafted hybrids and you would be very happy.

If you DO choose to use the AT&T Special make sure you use the AT&T official .694 release as your base OS, since the AT&T Special was created to run on top of that specific OS.

I hope this helps
    Sator likes this.
    10-07-12 06:23 PM
    Ive installed the OS on my phone , so far it is really fast and I like it hope it gets better over time !
    Sator likes this.
    10-07-12 06:28 PM
    The backlight doesn't automatically turn off while it is charging.. Need to press the lock button, else it stays on forever
    BL 694 AT&T V2 has been tested by our team, it's confirmed there is no issue with the backlight, I think your issue is caused by your 3rd app which is not fully compatible yet with OS 7.1
    10-07-12 07:20 PM
    I honestly didn't know that this phone could be this quick and smooth , it makes me love it even more . Thank you guys
    sheldonbk likes this.
    10-07-12 07:53 PM
    I honestly didn't know that this phone could be this quick and smooth , it makes me love it even more . Thank you guys
    Thank you Moezy and enjoy it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-07-12 08:21 PM
    Legal,
    you just need the meterberry .alx and there is just one .cod Place alx in main folder the other .alx, and the cod in java. this has worked for me many times. then after you load the OS, just put in you lic key
    I'm in the same boat with a MeterBerry license purchased from Mobihand... but that's not why I wanted to reply..
    I wanted to add if you forget to add them into the OS before install, just use BBSAK or BBHybrid Tools to inject them after. Or, you could use the Applications feature in Desktop Manager, but I find that's a bit awkward and slow at times.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-07-12 08:47 PM
    I accidentally shrunk out Docs to Go before installing this a week ago (v1 and I really love it). Is there a way to get that back without having to reload of the OS? Thanks!
    Sator likes this.
    10-07-12 10:54 PM
    I accidentally shrunk out Docs to Go before installing this a week ago (v1 and I really love it). Is there a way to get that back without having to reload of the OS? Thanks!
    Maybe you can try 694 at&t V2. It's better than V1, I think you'll love this one more than V1, and this time please don't shrink your Docs to Go...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    howards likes this.
    10-07-12 11:03 PM
    Yes, go into BBH tools hit restore, then uncheck docs to go etc, hit shring again, launch the loader again, it will just update the docs (i think this will work, I dont know 100%)
    howards likes this.
    10-08-12 12:16 AM
    Thanks all for you praise, it does take a fair amount of development work by sator and zoc to get the OS's the way they are.

As for Docs to Go. Rather than reload you could just push the cods to your phone using BBH tool. Just select all the ones that have " to go" at the end.

howards likes this.
    10-08-12 01:07 AM
    Yes, go into BBH tools hit restore, then uncheck docs to go etc, hit shring again, launch the loader again, it will just update the docs (i think this will work, I dont know 100%)
    Thanks for your help. I knew about the restore in BBH, but was trying to avoid reloading the OS again. But since it seemed the only way, I loaded the newer V2 and made sure not to shrink out Docs 2 Go again
    10-08-12 10:04 AM
    Thanks all for you praise, it does take a fair amount of development work by sator and zoc to get the OS's the way they are.

As for Docs to Go. Rather than reload you could just push the cods to your phone using BBH tool. Just select all the ones that have " to go" at the end.

I decided to reload the OS as it gave me an opportunity to update to v2. Thanks for letting me know there was a way to do this without reloading.
    10-08-12 10:08 AM
    Legal, here is the Meterberry .jad
    Sator

Can I just inject the cods from the RAR with BBH Tools instead of saving on the phone and running the .jad ?
    10-08-12 10:24 AM
743 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD