Hey Ian.. not clear who you're replying to but I assume it's me. (I see post earlier was from jojo but I have same package 1997 -- LOL)
    I first installed 694, then copied sfi from hybrid over 694 pure sfi (don't know why LOL). Copied Java COD's into 694 file. Then shrunk.
    If it is me you're talking to, that would explain my less than stellar experience on this AT&T v2
    Sorry Sheldon it was JoJo i had replied to and your bundle number should be 1997 which is ok as this is 694 though your OS version should show 7.1.0.714.
    sheldonbk likes this.
    10-07-12 07:58 AM
    Hi guys!
    Just have a little question...
    I had to format my laptop, so I lost everything (the structure) about RIM in c:.
    So, to install RC7, I must first install some other OS, then erase the files and procedure as usual replacing them with RC7, right?
    Thanks
    10-07-12 07:58 AM
    I hope deleting AOS works (but not really as i too like that app and it was you who got me to use it) , no 2 ways it's a fantastic app and would hate to let go of it !
    The fact that it has happened to you in RC7 and V2 but when you were beta testing for AOS i guess you were on RC6 ?
    Yes, I was running RC6 when I was Beta testing AOS and didn't have this issue.
    Started last Sunday evening after installing RC7
    Despite this, I don't really see how it can be an OS thing rather than an app thing unless there is something in RC7 and V2 that was not in RC6. Over to Sator to answer that one !!!
    EDIT
    Having thought about it I was on Special Edition V1 when I was testing AOS Beta
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 10-07-12 at 08:11 AM.
    maxx71 likes this.
    10-07-12 08:00 AM
    AOS led too has been acting up on my hybrid built. Here is my observation. I loaded v2 as i wanted to see how better it is than v1. But due to a blonde moment i read "battery pull" as Restart. So i restarted my phone after the apps were installed AND even after 6hours gap. Only later did i realize i was to do a battery pull. Furthermore I had network issues and I couldn't test much. Hence the reason I am about to reload v2 again and see how it fares over the week.
    As for AOS, I left it running and my ADR has always been high plus OS hadn't even settled down. but i received an sms at night around 1am. when i woke up, I used AOS to check battery drain and all was level throughout the night apart from the hours of 1am to 2am where the "screen" section - the part that shows you how much time the screen was on - showed 60mins. I was shocked at how that can be 60mins since led light is only set for 5mins so typically it would alert me for 5mins and go off and either way the screen wouldn't come on either.
    The reason i mentioned is due to the fact that you may receive a message or anything that might cause the led light to go on which may result in a high drain rate at night than during the day. Mind you I wouldn't mind to have such ADR be it night or day as its way better than what I'm getting.

With regards to v2 of the hybrid, it runs cooler than v1, still as smooth as v1. Will report with more later once I reload and test.
    By the way, the first post mentions an overnight charge - Does this mean that the battery should be left to charge all night till morning, or just charged till its full then unplugged from the charger?
    This means I do a battery pull before I go to bed and leave it on the Desktop Stand as my alarm clock

It is then fully charged when I get up in the morming.

Hope this helps
    Phly_kid likes this.
    10-07-12 08:01 AM
    Hi guys!
    I had to format my laptop, so I lost everything (the structure) about RIM in c:.
    So, to install RC7, I must first install some other OS, then erase the files and procedure as usual replacing them with RC7, right?
    Thanks
    Are you using a 9900? is so install 7.1.0.714, overwrite the OS folder with the Hybrid fo 9900,
    shrink if required, Backup then wipe your phone, and install..

If another phone model, just overwrite the Java not the rest of the OS directory.
    sofes likes this.
    10-07-12 08:04 AM
    Hi guys!
    Thanks
    Yes, you are right.......you need to install .714 base and download RC7 (Full OS for 9900) and post that i guess you know the drill........
    sofes likes this.
    10-07-12 08:06 AM
    Are you using a 9900? is so install 7.1.0.714, overwrite the OS folder with the Hybrid fo 9900,
    shrink if required, Backup then wipe your phone, and install..

If another phone model, just overwrite the Java not the rest of the OS directory.
    Yes, I do have a 9900.
    I'll do that.
    Thanks a lot!
    S
    10-07-12 08:13 AM
    I have always resisted wiping my device before installing a new OS.

Maybe the number of loads I have done over the past few weeks has caught up with me ?

If the problem presists I will have to do a wipe and see if that sorts me out.

Following a wipe can I still use DM to reload the OS ???
    10-07-12 08:17 AM
    Yes, you are right.......you need to install .714 base and download RC7 (Full OS for 9900) and post that i guess you know the drill........
    Just noticed that I've posted in the thread of AT&T (still sleepy, sorry...), witch is not my provider.
    But It's exactly the same procedure, right?
    10-07-12 08:24 AM

Egads Eagle, there's your problem--stay away from that DM!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-07-12 08:42 AM
    Thanks everyone. I reloaded the OS and got it working. Now to add all my apps again.
    Sator likes this.
    10-07-12 08:44 AM
    Egads Eagle, there's your problem--stay away from that DM!

What is wrong with using DM ?
    I have loaded dozens of OS's using it without a problem.
    Not sure what my current problem is but can's see how it is related to the OS load as it only happens after midnight every day.
    Phone runs absolutely fine other than the higher overnight ADR.
    10-07-12 08:46 AM
    What is wrong with using DM ?
    I have loaded dozens of OS's using it without a problem.
    Not sure what my current problem is but can's see how it is related to the OS load as it only happens after midnight every day.
    Phone runs absolutely fine other than the higher overnight ADR.
    Although Desktop Manager appears to do a proper wipe I have now had a couple of people loading the hybrid then seen
    funny issues with fonts etc, doing a full wipe and reinstall then sorted the issues.

However it is still everyone to their own choice of that one.
    10-07-12 09:01 AM

Maybe the number of loads I have done over the past few weeks has caught up with me ?

You can use DM, but I only use it to do my backup, then wipe using bbh and use loader .exe for the OS install, then
    I restore from DM before turning my connections back on. Doing battery pulls after each main step of course.

There are times that I have reloaded 3-4 times a week and i can do a complete reload in under 40 mins.
    10-07-12 09:03 AM
    Although Desktop Manager appears to do a proper wipe I have now had a couple of people loading the hybrid then seen
    funny issues with fonts etc, doing a full wipe and reinstall then sorted the issues.

However it is still everyone to their own choice of that one.
    Ian

If i do a BBH Wipe could i still install the new OS with DM or would I have to use App Loader ?
    10-07-12 09:04 AM
    Ian

If i do a BBH Wipe could i still install the new OS with DM or would I have to use App Loader ?
    Ian already answered it, yes you can use DM.
    If you wanna wipe your device, it's good to do a factory reset as well..

ifraser likes this.
    10-07-12 09:10 AM
    Ian already answered it, yes you can use DM.
    If you wanna wipe your device, it's good to do a factory reset as well..

In any particular order, or doesn't it matter ?

What does Factory Reset do in addition to wipe ?
    10-07-12 09:12 AM

You can use DM, but I only use it to do my backup, then wipe using bbh and use loader .exe for the OS install, then
    I restore from DM before turning my connections back on. Doing battery pulls after each main step of course.

There are times that I have reloaded 3-4 times a week and i can do a complete reload in under 40 mins.

The only thing a factory reset will effect is any BBM groups that you have you will then need to rejoin them.
    Legal Eagle and sheldonbk like this.
    10-07-12 09:16 AM
    It is time to do I wipe I think, thanks as always for the advice.

I don't want to lose MeterBerry and now Mobihand has gone can not re install from there.

I have a download from somewhere on CB that contains 4 MeterBerry cod files and 1 jad file.

If I paste the 4 cod files into the OS Java prior to install will this load Meterberry for me ?

I recall seeing a MeterBerry .alx file in some of the early full RC OS's. Would I need to add this file also ?

I do have a purchase activation code and am not trying to get the app for free.
    ifraser likes this.
    10-07-12 09:41 AM
    Legal,
    you just need the meterberry .alx and there is just one .cod Place alx in main folder the other .alx, and the cod in java. this has worked for me many times. then after you load the OS, just put in you lic key
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-07-12 10:07 AM
    Legal,
    you just need the meterberry .alx and there is just one .cod Place alx in main folder the other .alx, and the cod in java. this has worked for me many times. then after you load the OS, just put in you lic key
    Thanks

The MeterBerry download I have has 4 cod files so not sure which to use from there.

However, I have gone back to the RC3 9900 RAR and found 1 MeterBerry cod in the Java and 1 MeterBerry .alx file in with the other .alx's, so I guess that if I use those 2 files I will be good.
    10-07-12 10:15 AM
    It is time to do I wipe I think, thanks as always for the advice.

I don't want to lose MeterBerry and now Mobihand has gone can not re install from there.

I have a download from somewhere on CB that contains 4 MeterBerry cod files and 1 jad file.

If I paste the 4 cod files into the OS Java prior to install will this load Meterberry for me ?

I recall seeing a MeterBerry .alx file in some of the early full RC OS's. Would I need to add this file also ?

I do have a purchase activation code and am not trying to get the app for free.
    Legal, here is the Meterberry .jad
    Attached Files
    10-07-12 10:19 AM
    Yes, i was going to suggest RC5A. these will work. BTW i am on ATT V2. last night i did battery pull, then reset device analizer. Plugged in phone over night. left radio's on and 10 hours later got up and ADR was at .11
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-07-12 10:21 AM
    Legal, here is the Meterberry .jad
    Save on phone and run .jad ?
    10-07-12 10:23 AM
    Save on phone and run .jad ?
    Save on your memory/SD card and run .jad
    10-07-12 10:34 AM
743 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD