Thanks for that Sator, so i will cling on to it for a couple of more days and see how it shapes up.
    Don't get me wrong but the temp thing just got into my head.....LOL
    What temp is yours running at Maxx ?

Mine seems to sit at around 25c whereas .658 would be around 19c
    09-28-12 09:19 AM
    What temp is yours running at Maxx ?

Mine seems to sit at around 25c whereas .658 would be around 19c
    In the range of 31-33c.....and .658 would be around 19-21c
    09-28-12 09:22 AM
    In the range of 31-33c.....and .658 would be around 19-21c
    That is considerably warmer than mine which is odd given that we are on the same network, presuming that you are on Voda UK.

Can't be network incompatibility if that is the case.

Maybe it was a bad install after all ?
    09-28-12 09:32 AM
    Yes, it's better for you to cling to it until the next BL_RC7A_7.1.0.714 released.

For my network, I must say 658 sfi runs cooler than 694 or 714 sfi, the next RC7A runs with 658 sfi or 714 sfi, so you guys will have a choice which sfi suits you the best...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    .714 base with .658 .sfi installed.

Ready and waiting for an RC7 Java to drop into it !!
    Sator likes this.
    09-28-12 10:16 AM
    .714 base with .658 .sfi installed.

Ready and waiting for an RC7 Java to drop into it !!

Patience.., just now RC7A is being tested by our team.

09-28-12 10:35 AM
    It looks like I picked a good time to explore hybrid options. This is my first hybrid OS and I have nothing bad to say about it. The high streaming drain rate on the official .694 is what prompted me to look around. With this hybrid I am almost back to .3xx drain rates while streaming and the OS overall is much faster. My wife and I have 9900's. Hers with AT&T official .694 and mine with this hybrid. Doing side by side comparisons really shows off how much faster the phone is overall. Thanks again.
    sheldonbk, Legal Eagle and ifraser like this.
    09-28-12 10:39 AM
    It looks like I picked a good time to explore hybrid options. This is my first hybrid OS and I have nothing bad to say about it. The high streaming drain rate on the official .694 is what prompted me to look around. With this hybrid I am almost back to .3xx drain rates while streaming and the OS overall is much faster. My wife and I have 9900's. Hers with AT&T official .694 and mine with this hybrid. Doing side by side comparisons really shows off how much faster the phone is overall. Thanks again.

Your welcome.., and enjoy this great build from BL.

09-28-12 10:48 AM
    Really great to have a side by side comparison of the Official and the Hybrid OS.

Guess that an hour of your weekend is going to be spent loading the Hybrid on your other halfs 9900 !!!
    Sator and sheldonbk like this.
    09-28-12 11:05 AM
    Welcome! You'll never regret installing a hybrid from the BL group. I've only been doing it for a few weeks and my 9900 has never been better.

The only problem is these guys never sleep, they just keep pumping out a better hybrid.
    Legal Eagle, Sator and sheldonbk like this.
    09-28-12 11:25 AM
    Feel free to install the Hybrid and enjoy its benefits.

One of our team is always at hand to help and if not the fellow users on the threads can usually shed light on issues also.

Remember we have install instructions on the first post of the thread, the download links for the hybrid files are also in my signature below.
    Sator and sheldonbk like this.
    09-28-12 11:31 AM
    Krasky, try what I suggested. Open winrar as admin by right clicking the icon and selecting run as administrator.

Then try extracting the files into the OS directory.
    That worked. Going to do a late night install, tonight. I see WinRar is no longer free. Guess I'm investing in future use on that one. <grin>
    09-28-12 01:28 PM
    That worked. Going to do a late night install, tonight. I see WinRar is no longer free. Guess I'm investing in future use on that one. <grin>
    Free WinRAR
    09-28-12 01:30 PM
    Whoa!! Winrar is and always will be free. Make sure you go to the winrarlabs website.

I installed it for someone just the other day so I know it is there.

Krasky, glad that helped. Usually the way to sort a permissions issue.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    09-28-12 01:37 PM
    I personally use and like 7-Zip. Give that a shot
    09-28-12 02:13 PM
    For those of us in the IT industry 7-zip is a pain. Using rar or zip should be enough. Adding another in the mix is just a nightmare.

09-28-12 02:28 PM
    For those of us in the IT industry 7-zip is a pain. Using rar or zip should be enough. Adding another in the mix is just a nightmare.

Really? I find it easier to use and I think it opens more file extensions. Could be wrong tho
    09-28-12 03:00 PM
    Its just not an industry standard. Someone sent us log files for a machine the other day and we then had to go find 7-zip just to open them. Where rar would have done the same job.

09-28-12 03:05 PM
    Ok. The 694 build I didn't touch the cods that have connections with the call performance, to prevent Mic issue.

Thank you guys for your inputs..

I'll try to modify a lil bit different for the next 714, I hope it will get better in enegery call consumption...

Sator and team!

After running for SO LONG in str8 .391 (UGH!) because of the mic issue - the "ATT Special" is freaking awesome - in every way - so as you seek to improve and maybe come out with an "ATT Special RC7" - PLEASE don't accidentally bring the mic issue back!!!!
    Sator likes this.
    09-28-12 04:31 PM
    Should be receiving my 9900 this week...thinking about installing this OS instead of the official .694. I live around Detroit, MI. I will let you know how it works out for me.
    Sator and ifraser like this.
    09-28-12 11:37 PM
    Great to hear about the side by side comparison!!

The only negative I've experienced on the hybrid (and just about every other OS I've been on in ages except pure 694) is echo on the calls and it's a noticable difference so somehow the sfi (which is the same) and related files are causing a different result for me on Rogers. Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your post. I really find it most interesting and wish I had a similar situation with my wife but she prefered the 9360 to the 9900.. go figure. LOL
    09-29-12 01:37 AM
    One of our team is always at hand to help and if not the fellow users on the threads can usually shed light on issues also.
    This truly is amazing and so unbelievable, not only is the BL team not working on OS development for RIM, but they put so much time into putting the hybrids together to improve all of our appreciation of our beloved BlackBerries, and they support it like we're all paying an annual subscription for such amazing service.

I've been installing your hybrids for a very long time and I can't recall if I donated to Zocs ages back when I didn't know there was a team (or perhaps when he was doing hybrids before the team was put together) but reflecting on my thoughts above, I feel like I have to donate to the team now. Thanks again for all your great work and support.

>> Edit >> Just sent you guys a little something via the donate button on the first link - I keep meaning to and know you don't ask for it or insist on anything but what BL does for us all here is tremendous!
    Last edited by sheldonbk; 09-29-12 at 01:47 AM.
    Sator, ifraser and maxx71 like this.
    09-29-12 01:42 AM
    This truly is amazing and so unbelievable, not only is the BL team not working on OS development for RIM, but they put so much time into putting the hybrids together to improve all of our appreciation of our beloved BlackBerries, and they support it like we're all paying an annual subscription for such amazing service.

I've been installing your hybrids for a very long time and I can't recall if I donated to Zocs ages back when I didn't know there was a team (or perhaps when he was doing hybrids before the team was put together) but reflecting on my thoughts above, I feel like I have to donate to the team now. Thanks again for all your great work and support.

>> Edit >> Just sent you guys a little something via the donate button on the first link - I keep meaning to and know you don't ask for it or insist on anything but what BL does for us all here is tremendous!

Thanks for the compliments Sheldon and the donation it is most appreciated.

As for Berrylicio.us the team has known each other for number of years. Some more than others. When we started the Blog back in Dec last year if became more of a venture and we all try to play our part whether it be creating the OS, or promoting and testing them.

We will be about for a long time hopefully and try to keep you all happy.

maxx71 and Sator like this.
    09-29-12 04:00 AM
    Sator

Here are a few of my observations that may or may not seem to make sense and may or may not asist you with future developments.

Currently on Special Edition.
    Smoothest, fastest OS so far.
    .sfi runs 5% hotter than .658 and signal in weaker signal areas is not as good.

Came from RC61B
    Was smoothest overall until used Special Edition
    .658 ran really cool (even cooler thyan .523) and picked up 3G signal very well in poor reception areas.

So why am I getting better overall ADR with Special Edition when signal is worse and it runs hotter ???

Only logical conclusion to me is that Special Edition power management is superior to RC6B1 as uses less juice with worse .sfi

Hope that this makes some kind of sense to you and may assist in future builds

Wondering what SE power characteristics with .658 .sfi would be like, awesome comes to mind !!!

Legal
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 09-29-12 at 05:00 AM.
    Sator and maxx71 like this.
    09-29-12 04:57 AM
    Sator

Here are a few of my observations that may or may not seem to make sense and may or may not asist you with future developments.

Currently on Special Edition.

Smoothest, fastest OS so far.

.sfi runs 5% hotter than .658 and signal in weaker signal areas is not as good.

Came from RC61B

Was smoothest overall until used Special Edition

.658 ran really cool (even cooler thyan .523) and picked up 3G signal very well in poor reception areas.

So why am I getting better overall ADR with Special Edition when signal is worse and it runs hotter ???

Only logical conclusion to me is that Special Edition power management is superior to RC6B1 as uses less juice with worse .sfi

Hope that this makes some kind of sense to you and may assist in future builds

Legal

The easy answer to the is that even though you are getting slightly hotter reading (mine was really cold btw) it doesn't mean it till effect the actual ADR.

Prob just means the radio is using more power but the OS is compensating elsewhere to stop too much drain.

I have used both and found the signal similar with both although 694 pickup was a little slower at 3G locking.

As for the ADR, until yesterday the ATT mix was running 1.83% ADR which has to be good.

maxx71 likes this.
    09-29-12 05:04 AM
    Odd thing, for me, is the battery life? I seem to get better life with the .694 installation, then the Hhybrid installation?

Any thoughts?
    09-29-12 10:52 AM
743 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD