See...what I told you Eagle...694 is awesome...lol

Let's hope that BL RC7 will perform better than this 694 at&t...lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    ... And the expectation starts ... Take a break guys!
    Sator likes this.
    09-28-12 05:02 AM
    See...what I told you Eagle...694 is awesome...lol

Let's hope that BL RC7 will perform better than this 694 at&t...lol

Don't you just hate it when somebody says "told you so" LOL

What I would like to see in RC7 is improved power management when making calls.

Hard to see how you can improve speed, smoothness or Browser.
    maxx71 likes this.
    09-28-12 06:32 AM

Yes, you are right Eagle it's hard for me to improve speed, smoothness and browser of BL 694 at&t...

Let's see what is the team decision after they have tested the build, they will start the test within 24 hours from now...

09-28-12 06:39 AM
    Yes, you are right Eagle it's hard for me to improve speed, smoothness and browser of BL 694 at&t...

Let's see what is the team decision after they have tested the build, they will start the test within 24 hours from now...

hmmm... Watching ... But you managed to improve energy consumption during calls (as Legal refered)?
    Speed, smoothness and browser are just perfect. I guess nothing to do there
    Legal Eagle and ifraser like this.
    09-28-12 06:48 AM

Don�t get me wrong, I�m inlove with this built, and i can�t get over 10% even under heavy use (i remenber some "official os�s" that under the same usage would go over 20%)
    Just trying to get perfection even more perfect (if possible)
    Thanks for all you and the team have made for us!
    09-28-12 06:56 AM
    hmmm... Watching ... But you managed to improve energy consumption during calls (as Legal refered)?
    Speed, smoothness and browser are just perfect. I guess nothing to do there

What do you guys found out about energy consumption during calls, Which one is better BL 658 or BL 694?

09-28-12 07:12 AM
    What do you guys found out about energy consumption during calls, Which one is better BL 658 or BL 694?

Only been on .694 for a day so hard to give an objective opinion, sorry.
    ifraser likes this.
    09-28-12 07:18 AM

.658 had better energy consumption !
    09-28-12 07:20 AM
    Sorry Maxx but i disagree...
    I�ve been making a lot of calls and i do get better results with this one.
    (But then it could be the carrier/phone/coverage).
    09-28-12 07:26 AM

Ok. The 694 build I didn't touch the cods that have connections with the call performance, to prevent Mic issue.

Thank you guys for your inputs..

I'll try to modify a lil bit different for the next 714, I hope it will get better in enegery call consumption...

Last edited by Sator; 09-28-12 at 07:29 AM.
    maxx71 and ifraser like this.
    09-28-12 07:26 AM
    Since i have been on this OS the few things that i have noticed over the .658 (RC6b1) :

Super quick OS overall and very snappy
    Reboot time somehow is slower in this build compared to RC6b1
    Browser is super quick ( fastest among all RC's till date)
    Fantastic connectivity and wifi locking ( hardly seen 3bars )
    Temp is higher hence i am not getting a great battery life but still better than any official OS i have used this far.

Rest is Fantastic !
    Sator likes this.
    09-28-12 07:27 AM

I agree with all the points Legal has made and one thing i would like to add is if the temp can run a little cooler ( somewhat like the .658sfi, that was super cool).
    09-28-12 07:33 AM
    Since i have been on this OS the few things that i have noticed over the .658 (RC6b1) :

Super quick OS overall and very snappy
    Reboot time somehow is slower in this build compared to RC6b1
    Browser is super quick ( fastest among all RC's till date)
    Fantastic connectivity and wifi locking ( hardly seen 3bars )
    Temp is higher hence i am not getting a great battery life but still better than any official OS i have used this far.

Rest is Fantastic !
    Strange, although only on the build for 24 hours so still settling, despite higher battery temp battery has been better for me from the start.

Took of charge before bed last night and on idle it went 5 Hours before first battery drop.

Boot time has improved, last one I did after loading the latest Beta AOS was almost on a par with RC61B

Agree 100% with everything else you said.
    maxx71 likes this.
    09-28-12 07:34 AM
    Strange, although only on the build for 24 hours so still settling, despite higher battery temp battery has been better for me from the start.

Took of charge before bed last night and on idle it went 5 Hours before first battery drop.

Boot time has improved, last one I did after loading the latest Beta AOS was almost on a par with RC61B

Agree 100% with everything else you said.

Personally I like this build Eagle..

maxx71 likes this.
    09-28-12 07:36 AM
    Mine was good after the 1st couple of days, change over to my 2nd battery the other night and wouldnt you know it, the ADR actually halfed on the other battery.
    maxx71 likes this.
    09-28-12 07:48 AM

@Sator,
    If the temp on the device is higher does the ADR go up ? OR is it that i might have goofed up during my install ?
    09-28-12 07:48 AM

Me too despite it being early days.

Was reluctant to move from RC6B1 but glad I was persuaded to do so.

Potentially best one yet given time.
    09-28-12 07:50 AM
    In theory Maxx, yes, when the battery is warmer it becomes less efficient.

Also if the radio/phone is running warm then it could be processing harder.

I can say that with this build my phone doesnt heat up at all which i think shows that different radio files work better at different Network Bands.
    maxx71 likes this.
    09-28-12 08:02 AM
    In theory Maxx, yes, when the battery is warmer it becomes less efficient.

Also if the radio/phone is running warm then it could be processing harder.

I can say that with this build my phone doesnt heat up at all which i think shows that different radio files work better at different Network Bands.
    Having said that Ian, do you suggest that i reload with a full wipe or get back to RC6b1 ?
    09-28-12 08:11 AM
    @Sator,

If the temp on the device is higher does the ADR go up ? OR is it that i might have goofed up during my install ?

A Hybrid takes time to settle in, usually about 48 hours-72 hours, during settle in we'll experince some lags, temp heat up, ADR and MDR a lil high, after the hybrid settle in than we'll have the real indications of all the above. It's also depends on the sfi. and the cods. characteristics....

maxx71 likes this.
    09-28-12 08:15 AM
    I would recommend you wait till it settles correctly, The build is good and if you stick with it you could find it better.
    maxx71 and Sator like this.
    09-28-12 08:17 AM
    A Hybrid takes time to settle in, usually about 48 hours-72 hours, during settle in we'll experince some lags, temp heat up, ADR and MDR a lil high, after the hybrid settle in than we'll have the real indications of all the above. It's also depends on the sfi. and the cods. characteristics....

Thanks for that Sator, so i will cling on to it for a couple of more days and see how it shapes up.
    Don't get me wrong but the temp thing just got into my head.....LOL
    Sator likes this.
    09-28-12 08:21 AM
    I would recommend you wait till it settles correctly, The build is good and if you stick with it you could find it better.
    Will do.....
    Sator and ifraser like this.
    09-28-12 08:22 AM
    Thanks for that Sator, so i will cling on to it for a couple of more days and see how it shapes up.

Don't get me wrong but the temp thing just got into my head.....LOL

Yes, it's better for you to cling to it until the next BL_RC7A_7.1.0.714 released.

For my network, I must say 658 sfi runs cooler than 694 or 714 sfi, the next RC7A runs with 658 sfi or 714 sfi, so you guys will have a choice which sfi suits you the best...

maxx71, Legal Eagle and sheldonbk like this.
    09-28-12 09:06 AM
    Yes, it's better for you to cling to it until the next BL_RC7A_7.1.0.714 released.

For my network, I must say 658 sfi runs cooler than 694 or 714 sfi, the next RC7A runs with 658 sfi or 714 sfi, so you guys will have a choice which sfi suits you the best...

Will look forward to it, though i must admit apart from the temp issue i feel this OS is as good as it gets !
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    09-28-12 09:18 AM
743 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD