just loaded this up and i have noticed that my bbm messgaes are taking a while to be delivered, but as soon as i put my wifi on delivery service of messages is normal,not sure if its my network or smthing else,will see how it goes for teh next 2 days and report back.
    09-25-12 12:35 PM
    just loaded this up and i have noticed that my bbm messgaes are taking a while to be delivered, but as soon as i put my wifi on delivery service of messages is normal,not sure if its my network or smthing else,will see how it goes for teh next 2 days and report back.
    Sounds like carrier issue, please update your profile

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    09-25-12 12:43 PM
    thought so as well,but seems like im the only one having that issue,i also have a bb 8520 but no issues with that,first time im having such an issue with one of these hybrids(any issue i should say),everything else works as smooth and as perfect as can be.
    09-25-12 12:56 PM
    thought so as well,but seems like im the only one having that issue,i also have a bb 8520 but no issues with that,first time im having such an issue with one of these hybrids(any issue i should say),everything else works as smooth and as perfect as can be.

Maybe your device is experiencing low memory during settle in period since this build is pretty fast ( I use light app. to help regain my device low memory during settle in period), please do battery pull every 6 hours apart, it helps your device settle in faster. I hope this will solve your problem.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-25-12 01:15 PM
    Question....I deleted files from base os, copy pasted the Full OS Hybrid into the now empty base folder then ran bbyhybrid and did a shrink...I now have only 60 or so mb to install

So far correct?

Ran loader...asking me to keep the newer system apps that I have installed or downgrade..
    Chose downgrade..

Where is Blackberry Messenger, Device Analyzer, Resource monitor? Tasks?
    Looking at the os folder, they are not there..
    09-25-12 01:24 PM
    Question....I deleted files from base os, copy pasted the Full OS Hybrid into the now empty base folder then ran bbyhybrid and did a shrink...I now have only 60 or so mb to install

So far correct?

Ran loader...asking me to keep the newer system apps that I have installed or downgrade..
    Chose downgrade..

Where is Blackberry Messenger, Device Analyzer, Resource monitor? Tasks?
    Looking at the os folder, they are not there..
    If it is like the other BL series builds then the Java will already be pre shrunk to a large degree.

You are better to overwrite the Hybrid Java files over those in the base OS and then shrink to your own taste to make sure that you have all teh functionallity you need.
    Sator and hamsterwheel like this.
    09-25-12 01:28 PM
    Ok thanks very much...I will do that then,

Cheers and thanks for always helping me out!
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    09-25-12 01:32 PM
    Ok thanks very much...I will do that then,

Cheers and thanks for always helping me out!
    No problem, after all, it's my fault that you are here in the first place !!!

It's not so long ago that I was the one asking the questions, but the BL guys and other regular posters have provided me with a great free BB hybrid education.
    Sator and hamsterwheel like this.
    09-25-12 01:44 PM
    No problem, after all, it's my fault that you are here in the first place !!!

It's not so long ago that I was the one asking the questions, but the BL guys and other regular posters have provided me with a great free BB hybrid education.
    LOL! Yes you've made me a junkie!! lmao

Ok ---copy, pasted files over what was already there, did a shrink and got to about 72 mb or so.
    Installing now
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    09-25-12 02:21 PM
    LOL! Yes you've made me a junkie!! lmao

Ok ---copy, pasted files over what was already there, did a shrink and got to about 72 mb or so.
    Installing now
    LOL

I'm Hamster and I'm a Hybridaholic !!!

We're going to have to start a new thread, BL Hybrids Users Anonymous !!!

At least there are plenty of Shrinks in here to help !!!
    09-25-12 02:28 PM
    LOL

I'm Hamster and I'm a Hybridaholic !!!

We're going to have to start a new thread, BL Hybrids Users Anonymous !!!

At least there are plenty of Shrinks in here to help !!!
    HAHAHHAHAHA!

Too funny. But's it's true

Ok, installed...just setting everything back up without whatsapp, and will do a battery pull..
    Let's hope this is the one!!
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    09-25-12 02:48 PM
    I too am facing slow delivery of bbms
    09-25-12 03:17 PM
    Thanks for this Hybrid...it's my first. Put it on my 9810 and it's been smooth sailing from the start. I don't do much crazy with the phone, just like it to work well, quickly, and this certainly helps that!
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    09-25-12 03:19 PM
    I have never installed a hybrid before and thought I would give it a try after using .694 on my AT&T 9900.

Maybe I should have read twice and loaded once. I only replaced the java contents and had loader back up and restore. Did this method defeat the purpose or am I missing anything by not doing the full OS?

My biggest complaint is battery life coming from .3xx to .694. I stream music almost every night and saw the discharge rate go from about 15%/hr to more then 20%/hr. might I see a difference using this hybrid?
    09-25-12 03:28 PM
    I have never installed a hybrid before and thought I would give it a try after using .694 on my AT&T 9900.

Maybe I should have read twice and loaded once. I only replaced the java contents and had loader back up and restore. Did this method defeat the purpose or am I missing anything by not doing the full OS?

My biggest complaint is battery life coming from .3xx to .694. I stream music almost every night and saw the discharge rate go from about 15%/hr to more then 20%/hr. might I see a difference using this hybrid?
    Have a read at post 6 on page 1. IFraser was reporting minimal battery loss when streaming media using this hybrid.

Best method to install is to overwrite the Java Files in the Base OS with those from the Hybrid and then shrink to your own taste.
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 09-25-12 at 03:41 PM.
    Chaddface likes this.
    09-25-12 03:36 PM

Best method to install is to overwrite the Java Files in the Base OS with those from the Hybrid and then shrink to your own taste.
    I'm fairly certain that is what I did. I am only 1/2 hour into my hybrid experience but it seems like the clicking through the menus is faster.

Thanks for taking the time to explain and thank you to the makers for building it.
    Sator likes this.
    09-25-12 04:01 PM
    I'm fairly certain that is what I did. I am only 1/2 hour into my hybrid experience but it seems like the clicking through the menus is faster.

Thanks for taking the time to explain and thank you to the makers for building it.
    You should also find that the browser is lightning fast too.

The Hybrid will generally take at least 3 days to fully settle and give you maximum performance.

Remember to do your battery pulls over the first couple of days at least 6 hours apart to help the settling process.
    ifraser, Sator, sheldonbk and 2 others like this.
    09-25-12 04:09 PM
    Finally got around to upgrading to this after being with RC3 so damn long. Browser is definitely blazing fast. Can't wait for this baby to settle. Well done BL team and all the help found in these threads
    Sator likes this.
    09-25-12 08:54 PM
    So far so good Browser is fast! I'm gonna wait before I post any battery results..but
    the other thing I have noticed is that my wifi signal is stronger..Always had a weak signal on this bold...but it seems a little better...

OMG. Thank-you!!
    Sator, Legal Eagle, jjc392 and 1 others like this.
    09-25-12 09:58 PM
    Sounds like 694 suits AT&T hardware well.
    ifraser and jjc392 like this.
    09-26-12 02:50 AM
    OK. Question (or two or five). Hamsterwheel mentioned being asked to keep newer versions of apps or use the older ones in the hybrid build.

1) Does that choice make a difference when installing a hybrid? Especially since we're likely to upgrade afterwards, anyway?

2) If that does make a difference, which normally is the right choice? Or does that depend on the hybrid?
    09-26-12 11:40 AM
    The part that hamster was asking was when apploader asks you to keep the existing os or overwrite it.

As you are trying to install the hybrid you will always tell it to overwrite otherwise you won't install anything from the OS.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    kraski likes this.
    09-26-12 11:53 AM
    I am having intermittent browser issues with this build. I think it is. Due to the .694, as I had the same issues on plain .694 without the hybrid. The issues I am having are when I hit the back button the browser either a) says it had to close unexpectedly, b) won't go back to the page I was on previously and I have to close and reopen the browser, or c) freezes the whole phone and I have to do a battery pull. I have never had any of these issues until I tried .694 standalone and this hybrid.
    09-26-12 06:15 PM
    WOW! Its only been a few hours but this hybrid is great on my TMO 9900. Since I've installed so many different hybrids over the past few weeks since learning about them I've decided to only install a few apps instead of taking the time installing and setting them all up.

I'm beginning to think that the BL team only takes cat naps.

Thanks again for the great work.
    Sator likes this.
    09-26-12 06:28 PM
    I am having intermittent browser issues with this build. I think it is. Due to the .694, as I had the same issues on plain .694 without the hybrid. The issues I am having are when I hit the back button the browser either a) says it had to close unexpectedly, b) won't go back to the page I was on previously and I have to close and reopen the browser, or c) freezes the whole phone and I have to do a battery pull. I have never had any of these issues until I tried .694 standalone and this hybrid.

Maybe you can do a security wipe, wipe your device and re install the hybrid, please do a selective restore from your back up data to remove junks. I hope it will solve your problem

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sator; 09-27-12 at 12:58 AM.
    09-26-12 11:44 PM
743 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD