used .714 base with this hybrid on my 9360 and on the first boot up it loads 3/4 of the way then my blackberry restarts and boots up agains and does the same thing. i have wiped and installed 2 times.
    Pretty sure that you are only supposed to use this one with .694 base as it is a special one off mix to work with just that .sfi
    Sator and likklek like this.
    09-24-12 12:30 PM
    will try that
    09-24-12 12:35 PM
    will try that
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9360-t-746016/
    likklek likes this.
    09-24-12 12:39 PM
    Yes, this java mix is definetely 694 base ONLY!!

It hasn't been tested with any other and was created specifically for the 694 users

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    likklek and Tbonist like this.
    09-24-12 12:41 PM
    Just installed this Hybrid & have to say it feeling good. This is my first Hybrid OS & it was challenging to say the least, but with the help of the members here it was painless.

Want to thank Ops for the post, Legal Eagle for directing me here & Vecharo for her detail step by step which made it so painless.

Feels like a new Phone so far. I'll update more with my findings.

RoseBud.
    Legal Eagle and vecharo like this.
    09-24-12 01:47 PM
    Enjoy the Hybrid, hope it helps the battery issues you have been having, remember, take whatapp off to make sure you test the battery life properly.
    6-7% battery drain

Improved drastically after uninstalling whatsapp
    09-24-12 01:54 PM
    Good to hear both of are getting good results. Let it settle and it might even improve.

As for wireless signal and lock I have 2 different access points in the house and 2 in the office and 694 has had no issues in either.

09-24-12 02:00 PM
    Hi, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the hybrid. If you are in any doubt it won't do you any harm to reinstall the base os on you pc then just overwrite it with the hybrid data.

The only difference it that we have shrank the package down but you will still get the benefits of the hybrid doing it the other way. Just more of the base os left.

I have already tried reinstalling everything and it still does not work. How do I get it to ask me if I want "charge only" or "usb drive" again?

*Edit* Oh, I see you mean to not delete the original os files and just overwrite. Actually I didn't try that yet. Would it work if I reinstall the original OS, overwrite with hybrid files without deleting original OS files, and then shrink the OS and install (I previously had shrunken at&t OS installed)?
    Last edited by crackheadberry666; 09-24-12 at 02:14 PM.
    09-24-12 02:04 PM
    I have already tried reinstalling everything and it still does not work. How do I get it to ask me if I want "charge only" or "usb drive" again?

*Edit* Oh, I see you mean to not delete the original os files and just overwrite. Actually I didn't try that yet.
    May well not be an OS problem at all.

I have had the same thing on and off with my 9900 for months, during which time I have had many different OS's on the phone.

My solution is to just "jiggle" the USB connector in the port in teh phone a couple of times and this usually brings up the menu to charge/sync/usb drive.

Faulty plug on my data cable or dodgy usb port I think.
    09-24-12 02:10 PM
    just disconnect blackberry from pc den plug it back in and it should pop up on the screen.
    09-24-12 02:11 PM
    It seems you might have media card support deselected in the storage section.

Options, device, storage.

09-24-12 02:23 PM
    It wasn't the media card support. It worked when i reinstalled it by overwriting, but not deleting, the original OS with your hybrid. To be safe the only things I shrunk out with BBHTool were vvm, vad, and docs to go. How much performance do you think I am losing out on by having to install it without deleting all of the original OS?
    ifraser likes this.
    09-24-12 03:39 PM
    Having a bit of an issue. Installed fine, boots up fine. As all the apps are coming up, I get a crash. It happens right after the LED starts to bleep, I believe it might be an incompatibility with Advance OS and LED by Snooz. I've diasbled the app, and it has stop the reboot cycle...

Nope. Just happened again. I think I'll be going back to stock. Shucks.
    09-24-12 04:31 PM
    Having a bit of an issue. Installed fine, boots up fine. As all the apps are coming up, I get a crash. It happens right after the LED starts to bleep, I believe it might be an incompatibility with Advance OS and LED by Snooz. I've diasbled the app, and it has stop the reboot cycle...

Nope. Just happened again. I think I'll be going back to stock. Shucks.
    I would almost guarantee that your issue is one of your apps, the Hybrid is tested as an OS with most of the common apps,

I would try taking the odd ones like your Advanced OS one off 1st as they are most likely to case issues, that and Whatsupp is know to cause excess drain which we cannot take into Consideration when creating every OS the same as RIM wont either.
    09-24-12 04:55 PM
    It wasn't the media card support. It worked when i reinstalled it by overwriting, but not deleting, the original OS with your hybrid. To be safe the only things I shrunk out with BBHTool were vvm, vad, and docs to go. How much performance do you think I am losing out on by having to install it without deleting all of the original OS?

If you have used the hybrid then you have added the files needed, the only reason we shrink out is to cut down the unnecessary cod files to save space on your handset.
    09-24-12 04:57 PM
    If you have used the hybrid then you have added the files needed, the only reason we shrink out is to cut down the unnecessary cod files to save space on your handset.
    But wouldn't the device run faster and smoother with more things shrunk out? Would my device run slower than someone's with the same hyrbid who did have the files shrunk out?
    09-24-12 05:36 PM
    i tested this .694 with hybrid (special) on 9860 yesterday. Not satisfied with battery and signal strength compare to .714. So comeback to original .714 again and wait for your next release with base and sfi .714.
    09-24-12 07:33 PM
    i tested this .694 with hybrid (special) on 9860 yesterday. Not satisfied with battery and signal strength compare to .714. So comeback to original .714 again and wait for your next release with base and sfi .714.

,714 is a pretty good OS, just stick to what's best for you...

We can't judge a hybrid is good or not if we install it just for 24 hours, a Hybrid takes time to settle in (heats up and lags), usually around 48 hours and a few reboots/batt. pulls, after that you'll get the best of it...

I personally have tested this build on 9900, 9860, 9360 and have great results. Battery drain is better than .714 and the signal strenght is a par with .714.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    maxx71 and BoldAlways like this.
    09-24-12 08:53 PM

We can't judge a hybrid is good or not if we install it just for 24 hours, a Hybrid takes time to settle in (heats up and lags), usually around 48 hours and a few reboots/batt. pulls, after that you'll get the best of it...

I think I said something similar earlier too

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    09-24-12 09:20 PM
    I would almost guarantee that your issue is one of your apps, the Hybrid is tested as an OS with most of the common apps,

I would try taking the odd ones like your Advanced OS one off 1st as they are most likely to case issues, that and Whatsupp is know to cause excess drain which we cannot take into Consideration when creating every OS the same as RIM wont either.
    Ian

AOS has run faultlessly on for me on all of the conventional RC builds, so I can't see why this one should be any different.

It's not a battery drainer either in my experience.

i think that Sharma is an AOS user too and don't recall him reporting any issues either.

Legal
    maxx71 likes this.
    09-25-12 03:31 AM
    Ian

AOS has run faultlessly on for me on all of the conventional RC builds, so I can't see why this one should be any different.

It's not a battery drainer either in my experience.

i think that Sharma is an AOS user too and don't recall him reporting any issues either.

Legal
    +1 on that !
    I have installed AOS with RC6b1 on a .658 base and for sure it is not a battery drainer and runs pretty well with the hybrid.
    09-25-12 05:55 AM
    ,714 is a pretty good OS, just stick to what's best for you...

I personally have tested this build on 9900, 9860, 9360 and have great results. Battery drain is better than .714 and the signal strenght is a par with .714.

tested on a 9790 with very good results !
    Sator likes this.
    09-25-12 05:58 AM
    Thanks for your comments:

1) The .694 build mays have fixed the mike issue but was made up of lots of very outdated files, the hybrid brings the updated OS's like 714 into play also.

2) Tethering if you get it for free we can't help with the hybrid, but ur lucky that way. We aim to please but can't perform miracles.

3) See answer 1, we have made a more up to date OS, Browser is smooth, media playback gives minimal battery drain, and the response of the apps and phone is lightening fast.

4) As for updating to the hybrid, that is personal choice so we can't make comment on that apart from check out the feedback from current users.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the detailed response so quickly.

Having switched to .694, I no longer have free hotspot on the phone. Time to figure out an alternative.

As for my choice, I'll probably DL, but wait a little longer. The fact that you're using pieces of .714 and that's had some issues, I think I'll wait a little longer to see if any of that shows up in your hybrid. I suspect I'll be loading it by the weekend. The fact that you have such a rabid fanbase says a lot about the quality of your hybrids.
    Legal Eagle, maxx71 and Sator like this.
    09-25-12 09:56 AM
    As follow up to my earlier thread. Started from scratch, and wow, early indications are that this is a dream. No resets from 694, no mic issues, and things that used to work sproadically (navigator, american airlines) seem to work pretty well.

No incompatibilities to speak of thus far, solid solid. I will also note, it says "714" as my build not 694 (which was the base). Really cool so far thanks guys!
    Legal Eagle, Sator, maxx71 and 1 others like this.
    09-25-12 10:20 AM
    As follow up to my earlier thread. Started from scratch, and wow, early indications are that this is a dream. No resets from 694, no mic issues, and things that used to work sproadically (navigator, american airlines) seem to work pretty well.

No incompatibilities to speak of thus far, solid solid. I will also note, it says "714" as my build not 694 (which was the base). Really cool so far thanks guys!
    Thank you for your feedback and welcome to the Hybrid world......
    maxx71 likes this.
    09-25-12 11:02 AM
743 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD