Hi all, as promised I am starting a new thread specially for AT&T users, this will be updated as questions come.

First of all you will need to install 7.1.0.694 for AT&T for your selected devices

Please do not try this over difference base versions as we cannot guarantee the results.

Then you drop this java mix into the java folder, shrink to your liking and run your loader.exe

If you have a Bold 9900 you can use our Full OS package here Full ATT OS 9900 just extract it over the installed 7.1.0.694 directory.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AT&T Special Edition v2

Java Only - BLUltimateATTv2Java.rar

9900 Full OS - 9900M_v7.1.0.694BL_ATTv2.rar

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the modified 4a mix

Instructions:
    Install your base, copy and paste the full OS or the java for other devices into the install folder, following the OS files/folder structure.

Shrink

Run your loader

As always, Install and enjoy the BL experience,

Goku image credits to longai

I will try and answer what I can. This hybrid has been tested on 9900, 9860 (running 523) and 9810.

Those that says no settling period is needed, can take a hike.

Last edited by zocster; 11-17-12 at 01:35 PM.
    09-23-12 05:22 AM
    Hi guys this is the new mix for ATandT users, it has been tested and has no mike issue,

It is not exclusively for AT&T either as it has been tested on multiple networks with huge success.
    Last edited by ifraser; 09-23-12 at 05:36 AM.
    09-23-12 05:27 AM
    The BL team keeps it's Word to the AT&T users........they will wake up to a pleasent Sunday gift from the BL team.

Way to go Team ! Great job as usual
    Last edited by maxx71; 09-23-12 at 05:40 AM.
    ifraser and wesside_paki like this.
    09-23-12 05:37 AM
    yes true BL Team has been full marks for keeping promises. I will rather wait for your .714 based hybrid for my 9860.
    09-23-12 06:25 AM
    yes true BL Team has been full marks for keeping promises. I will rather wait for your .714 based hybrid for my 9860.

Hi, this is already available, please see our other thread, BL Ultimate series for OS7 devices.

The latest version is in my signature under java download just overlay your base os and load.

That version is RC6 Beta 1. Ignore the directory name within the archive.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    09-23-12 06:40 AM
    After running this OS for the last two days on Everything Everywhere UK it is one of the smoothest mixes we have around,

Even playing media constantly for a couple of hours hardly drained the battery. Call quality is excellent and the Mike issue that usually discounts AT&T users has been tested and does not happen with this OS.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    09-23-12 12:12 PM
    Ok guys,newbie here when loading a hybrid. Is there a Step by step inst. Thanks.
    09-23-12 01:17 PM
    Ok guys,newbie here when loading a hybrid. Is there a Step by step inst. Thanks.
    Download and install the base OS on your computer.

Dowload the Hybrid Full OS if you are on 9900 Java only if on another device.

Copy the files from the Hybrid Java Folder and Paste into the Java Folder of your installed OS making sure to agree to replace the files.

For the 9900 copy and paste the .alx files into the installed OS as above.

Shrink and load as usual.

Simples !!!

If you get stuck or are not sure of anything just ask.

You are gonna love the OS when it is loaded.

Battery Pull after installing apps then prior to going to bed on day of install with an overnight charge.

Following 2 days do a further 2 battery pulls per day at least 6 hours apart.
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 09-23-12 at 01:28 PM.
    RoseBud68 and Chaddface like this.
    09-23-12 01:23 PM
    Thanks for the reply legal. Was making my dinner.

If you have any issues just drop us a line. Someone will always reply. Be it one of the BL admin staff. Or one of them many BL users.

Legal have you tried the att build?

09-23-12 01:26 PM
    Thanks for the reply legal. Was making my dinner.

If you have any issues just drop us a line. Someone will always reply. Be it one of the BL admin staff. Or one of them many BL users.

Legal have you tried the att build?

Hi Ian

What, you have time to eat !!!

Not tried the AT&T Build yet as only installed RC6B1 yesterday so want to run that for a few days before trying the AT&T so I can make a fair comparison of the two.

However it is all made up and ready to go.

Legal
    BoldAlways likes this.
    09-23-12 01:31 PM
    Download and install the base OS on your computer.

Dowload the Hybrid Full OS if you are on 9900 Java only if on another device.

Copy the files from the Hybrid Java Folder and Paste into the Java Folder of your installed OS making sure to agree to replace the files.

For the 9900 copy and paste the .alx files into the installed OS as above.

Shrink and load as usual.

Simples !!!

If you get stuck or are not sure of anything just ask.

You are gonna love the OS when it is loaded.

Battery Pull after installing apps then prior to going to bed on day of install with an overnight charge.

Following 2 days do a further 2 battery pulls per day at least 6 hours apart.
    Thanks L.E. I'll give it a try. Also what with all the battery pulls after the install.
    09-23-12 01:52 PM
    Thanks L.E. I'll give it a try. Also what with all the battery pulls after the install.
    Battery Pulls are necessary for Hybrid OS to settle properly and give you maximum performance.

Schedule recommended by Zocster many pages ago in the main thread.

If you like it (which I'm sure that you will) spread the word to all you AT&T using buddies.
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    09-23-12 01:55 PM
    Battery Pulls are necessary for Hybrid OS to settle properly and give you maximum performance.

Schedule recommended by Zocster many pages ago in the main thread.

If you like it (which I'm sure that you will) spread the word to all you AT&T using buddies.
    Cool, so I have the 9900, all I need to do is down load the Full OS package, will I also need to drop the Java fix into the java folder as well. Again thanks as this is all new to me.
    09-23-12 02:22 PM
    Downloading

Will load it tomorrow morning

1 am here...
    09-23-12 02:28 PM
    So I'm a BB user that defected to Android for a year, and got into all the custom ROM madness over there, then decided to stop and stick with one ROM regardless of its little bugs and issues, I just got tired of restoring things every other week.

Now I'm back with BlackBerry and have an unlocked 9900 on AT&T that I immediately loaded with RC5B1 on top of .569, and it's been heavenly...no issues at all. Without much of a frame of reference since I've only had the device for 9 days and 1 OS, what can I expect to gain by loading this release? Is it worth setting everything back up again over what I'm currently running?
    09-23-12 04:06 PM
    Seriously, yes. Just make sure you back everything up fully. Or run from desktop manager but this hybrid has been tested on your network and
    I am currently running it on my UK network and it is really quick and has great battery life also.

It shouldn't cause you too much disruption if done properly. And you then have an offficial att OS with tweaks.

09-23-12 04:18 PM
    I've never installed a full hybrid so I have a question. If I understand correctly you install the base OS on the computer and then copy the hybrid files into their appropriate file folders. My questions is do you copy them in without deleting the files that are originally in there? Or do you delete the files and then copy the news ones in?

Thanks in advance for the help.
    09-23-12 04:25 PM
    That is the correct process yes, the hybrid is pre shrunk so if there are apps that you use from the standard OS then overwrite the java rather than delete it.

If you just want the hybrid experience then remove the original java and replace with the hynrid java.

Any apps can be added afterwards anyway.

If you have a 9900 you can just use my full os download. Its a replica of what I am running just now.

howards likes this.
    09-23-12 04:39 PM
    Mobile hotspot included in this one? I've found that mobile hotspot works great on my current setup, and I'm not a hotspot subscriber...
    09-23-12 05:08 PM
    Yes mobile hotspot is included. Usually people on 267 are able to use without a subscription. Higher OS's will require a subscription if you are on ATT.
    09-23-12 05:11 PM
    I'm on .569 (+hybrid RC5B1) but my 9900 isn't AT&T branded, it was purchased unlocked and is branded "tigo", whatever that is...maybe that's why it works on mine on AT&T?
    09-23-12 05:15 PM
    Hi guys this is the new mix for ATandT users, it has been tested and has no mike issue,

It is not exclusively for AT&T either as it has been tested on multiple networks with huge success.
    Hi Ian,

With the UTMOST RESPECT AND APPRECIATION for Zoc and the BL team for doing this for us AT&T prisoners - I would like to ask if it has been tested for the mic issue problem by someone in one of the following "bad" areas in the US:

Mic problems were reported in the following areas:
    Baltimore (MD), Boise (ID), Cleveland (OH), Cincinnati (OH), Denver (CO), Detroit (MI), Eugene (OR), New Jersey, NY, Central PA, Philladelphia (PA), suburbs of Philadelphia, Phoenix (AZ), Portland (OR), Seattle (WA), St. Louis and Kansas City (MO), Wilmington (DE), Washington DC, Wisconsin, Minneapolis (MN), Wichita (KS), Glenwood Springs and Aspen (CO)

If it has not been tested by someone in one of these regions, there is no way to know if the problem will be there. Presumably because the BL ATT Special uses the .694 official sfi, it should work . . . but again would be nice to know if this is confirmed.
    09-23-12 05:31 PM
    Hi Ian,

With the UTMOST RESPECT AND APPRECIATION for Zoc and the BL team for doing this for us AT&T prisoners - I would like to ask if it has been tested for the mic issue problem by someone in one of the following "bad" areas in the US:

Mic problems were reported in the following areas:
    Baltimore (MD), Boise (ID), Cleveland (OH), Cincinnati (OH), Denver (CO), Detroit (MI), Eugene (OR), New Jersey, NY, Central PA, Philladelphia (PA), suburbs of Philadelphia, Phoenix (AZ), Portland (OR), Seattle (WA), St. Louis and Kansas City (MO), Wilmington (DE), Washington DC, Wisconsin, Minneapolis (MN), Wichita (KS), Glenwood Springs and Aspen (CO)

If it has not been tested by someone in one of these regions, there is no way to know if the problem will be there. Presumably because the BL ATT Special uses the .694 official sfi, it should work . . . but again would be nice to know if this is confirmed.
    Hi,
    Yes it has. I live outside of Philly and have been plagued with the mic issue. I've been testing this build and haven't had any issues.
    ifraser, Sator, BoldAlways and 1 others like this.
    09-23-12 05:33 PM
    Hi,
    Yes it has. I live outside of Philly and have been plagued with the mic issue. I've been testing this build and haven't had any issues.
    Thanks, vecharo . . we have ALL BEEN WAITING FOR A LONG, LONG TIME FOR THIS - THANKS, ZOC AND THE BL TEAM!!!!!
    ifraser likes this.
    09-23-12 06:17 PM
    That is the correct process yes, the hybrid is pre shrunk so if there are apps that you use from the standard OS then overwrite the java rather than delete it.

If you just want the hybrid experience then remove the original java and replace with the hynrid java.

Any apps can be added afterwards anyway.

If you have a 9900 you can just use my full os download. Its a replica of what I am running just now.
    Thanks so much. I did download the full OS version. Sorry about being dense tonight, but with the full version do I delete all the original files and then copy these into the appropriate folders? Will I have to re-download my third party apps if I do this?
    09-23-12 06:59 PM
743 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD