Off topic......enjoying the Bledisloe, Zocster?
    08-25-12 03:06 AM
    Off topic......enjoying the Bledisloe, Zocster?

Kids got the remote! Don't wanna budge from cartoon channel.

My heart is with the green and gold, its a secret though

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    08-25-12 03:18 AM
    Can I use this RC4B9900M_v7.1.0.649_P5.1.0.480.zip for my 9860?

I've downloaded the file and planning to use it with 7.1.0.649...

There is a separate one for 9860

BerryLicio.us
    08-25-12 03:19 AM
    Kids got the remote! Don't wanna budge from cartoon channel.

My heart is with the green and gold, its a secret though

BerryLicio.us
    I know the feeling. I'm at work with a 55" screen all to myself. Happy days. Green and gold must win to force the 3rd game. fingers crossed. Now back to topic.
    08-25-12 03:22 AM
    There is a separate one for 9860
    I'm sorry if this question is annoying, but where can I find the one for 9860?

Right now I'm running the RC2 on the 7.1.0.523 for a week and me likey...
    I've just bought the phone a week ago and go straight to this hybrid since out of the box.
    08-25-12 03:58 AM

I've just bought the phone a week ago and go straight to this hybrid since out of the box.
    RC4B.zip

Linl to RC4 Java for non 9900 devices
    08-25-12 04:04 AM

Over at the leak section where it titles "new leak bla bla.." you will get your base. Stick to the 523 radio you already have.

BerryLicio.us
    anon(4057073) likes this.
    08-25-12 04:08 AM
    Over at the leak section where it titles "new leak bla bla.." you will get your base. Stick to the 523 radio you already have.

BerryLicio.us
    Thanks!!
    08-25-12 04:13 AM
    That's just to show the state of your PC lol.

Remove all OS from PC, delete apploader folder.

Reboot PC, reinstall base.

You've corrupted apploader folder.
    i changed my usb port and its working!!!!

woah

i thought it was a windows 8 error

i'm on pure .569 just now.. i'll try rc4b in a while!

do i need to wipe again??

there is nothing on my device anyways
    08-25-12 04:44 AM
    How to back up 3rd party apps completely.

Hi Zocster

After reading all the reviews on RC4, I am now very keen to load this.

Just one question, for the past few OS installs I have had to reload my 3rd party apps and cannot backup them up fully, only a few get backed up. I've tried DM, BBSAK and BBHtool, but the result is the same with all methods and I cannot backup my 3rd party apps fully.
    Any advice and help with this will be very much appreciated.

Thanks
    08-25-12 05:03 AM
    i changed my usb port and its working!!!!

woah

i thought it was a windows 8 error

i'm on pure .569 just now.. i'll try rc4b in a while!

do i need to wipe again??

there is nothing on my device anyways
    Good to hear that ! I once struggled to load RC3 on my device and could not after all the help i got, eventually i let go that day and loaded OS the next day without facing any issues. It was one of those days where nothing worked for me !
    Glad you got over that issue !
    08-25-12 05:05 AM
    How to back up 3rd party apps completely.

Hi Zocster

After reading all the reviews on RC4, I am now very keen to load this.

Just one question, for the past few OS installs I have had to reload my 3rd party apps and cannot backup them up fully, only a few get backed up. I've tried DM, BBSAK and BBHtool, but the result is the same with all methods and I cannot backup my 3rd party apps fully.

Any advice and help with this will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

I for one do manually load my 3rd apps, as I don't want to carry over a bad backup

BerryLicio.us
    ifraser and SheeB like this.
    08-25-12 05:09 AM
    I tried BBH tools and couldn't exactly figure out how to load the OS. I did manage to wipe with BBH, got the 507 error. Loaded the OS with DM. Ton of stuff missing but it is on RC4. How do I reload the OS with BBH? I try to wipe and the program(BBH) acts like its successful but the phone is not. :/
    08-25-12 05:22 AM
    Good to hear that ! I once struggled to load RC3 on my device and could not after all the help i got, eventually i let go that day and loaded OS the next day without facing any issues. It was one of those days where nothing worked for me !
    Glad you got over that issue !
    it only happened after i installed windows 8

going to install rc4b, wish me luck
    08-25-12 05:26 AM
    I tried BBH tools and couldn't exactly figure out how to load the OS. I did manage to wipe with BBH, got the 507 error. Loaded the OS with DM. Ton of stuff missing but it is on RC4. How do I reload the OS with BBH? I try to wipe and the program(BBH) acts like its successful but the phone is not. :/
    Exactly what is missing ?

Zocs pre shrunk the RC4 Java so if you did not overlay it over .569 then certain functions will not be there.
    Crypt1c likes this.
    08-25-12 05:30 AM
    successs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

finally managed to reach device initialization

.649 with .536 sfi

its apparently the biggest sfi in size among all the OSs present
    ifraser and maxx71 like this.
    08-25-12 05:30 AM
    Exactly what is missing ?

Zocs pre shrunk the RC4 Java so if you did not overlay it over .569 then certain functions will not be there.
    Once again meterberry was missing, facebook, twitter, my emails weren't connecting(even after I add the password). I used .649 as suggested. And I actually replaced java folder with RC4 java folder, umts replaced with RC4, all .649 .alx deleted and RC4 .alx copy and pasted.
    08-25-12 05:40 AM
    successs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

finally managed to reach device initialization

.649 with .536 sfi

its apparently the biggest sfi in size among all the OSs present
    Stay away from .649 Zocs says it is horrible.

Stick with .523 .sfi and .569 base for best results
    08-25-12 05:42 AM
    Once again meterberry was missing, facebook, twitter, my emails weren't connecting(even after I add the password). I used .649 as suggested. And I actually replaced java folder with RC4 java folder, umts replaced with RC4, all .649 .alx deleted and RC4 .alx copy and pasted.

Hmm full OS has beta FB and Twit, email setup all complete.

BerryLicio.us
    ifraser and Crypt1c like this.
    08-25-12 05:42 AM
    As Legal has mentioned this is a pre-shrunk OS, if you want more of the default app you are better installing a full base os, than copying the RC4 files over it, however we cant comment on how much this will effect the Hybrid.

You can load through BBH using the SHrink my OS page, select run loader.

Either that or just run Loader from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion if you have windows 7 or 8

The wipe takes a good number of minutes to finish so be patient.

The Install Process has been tried and tested by lots of us so if your having issues with Apps etc just ask and we will try to help.
    Last edited by ifraser; 08-25-12 at 05:47 AM.
    Crypt1c and maxx71 like this.
    08-25-12 05:44 AM
    As Legal has mentioned this is a pre-shrunk OS, if you want more of the default app you are better installing a full base os, than copying the RC4 files over it, however we cant comment on how much this will effect the Hybrid.

You can load through BBH using the SHrink my OS page, select run loader.

Either that or just run Loader from: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion if you have windows 7 or 8

The wipe takes a good number of minutes to finish so be patient.
    it is, but not asking for anything that isn't included in Zoc's build. He just said it has fb and twitter. I don't even have that. I am using BBH 2.4.9.7a, I click run Loader and it takes 10 mins to come up then it really does nothing else. To run loader now and reload the OS I would still have to wipe the device right? BBH says its finished and "succesful" instantly.
    Last edited by Crypt1c; 08-25-12 at 03:17 PM.
    08-25-12 05:50 AM
    Stay away from .649 Zocs says it is horrible.

Stick with .523 .sfi and .569 base for best results
    .523 is not available for my phone...

.649 is apparently solid for the 9810

and zocs told me to install rc4b with .649 base and .536 sfi
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    08-25-12 05:51 AM
    it is, but not asking for anything that is included in Zoc's build. He just said it has fb and twitter. I don't even have that. I am using BBH 2.4.9.7a, I click run Loader and it takes 10 mins to come up then it really does nothing else. To run loader now and reload the OS I would still have to wipe the device right? BBH says its finished and "succesful" instantly.
    Thats ok, was just answering a couple of posts about things missing.

You can remove fb and twitter on install by deselecting it as normal.

I would forget running it through BBH then, I would reboot your phone (battery pull) then try BBH again to wipe.
    Mine says its complete then the phone has traffic for about 5 mins then it reboots once its wiped.

Use loader.exe to install. One you have opened it, reboot your phone, as soon as the pc pick up the phone on the cable it will show the PIN in Loader, then click next.

It should take you through the standard install process now.
    maxx71 and Crypt1c like this.
    08-25-12 05:57 AM
    device is 35 degrees
    Last edited by rgshah3; 08-25-12 at 06:01 AM.
    08-25-12 05:57 AM
    Thats ok, was just answering a couple of posts about things missing.

You can remove fb and twitter on install by deselecting it as normal.

I would forget running it through BBH then, I would reboot your phone (battery pull) then try BBH again to wipe.
    Mine says its complete then the phone has traffic for about 5 mins then it reboots once its wiped.

Use loader.exe to install. One you have opened it, reboot your phone, as soon as the pc pick up the phone on the cable it will show the PIN in Loader, then click next.

It should take you through the standard install process now.
    after your last comment i went to loader.exe in the common files, and it gave me options add those so I am waiting for it too finish booting to see if its fixed now.
    Last edited by Crypt1c; 08-25-12 at 03:18 PM.
    ifraser likes this.
    08-25-12 06:00 AM
10,888 ... 6263646566 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD