issue resolved !
    Last edited by jetspeedz; 07-13-14 at 08:02 PM.
    Sator likes this.
    07-13-14 07:32 PM
    This hybrid could use for BlackBerry 9320? Thanks
    08-20-14 10:42 PM
    This hybrid could use for BlackBerry 9320? Thanks
    Yes you can at least use rc21

Posted via CB10
    drtiendiep likes this.
    08-20-14 10:58 PM
    Yes you can at least use rc21

Posted via CB10
    Can It use RC22?
    08-20-14 11:10 PM
    Can It use RC22?
    Yes base os is 1098

Posted via CB10
    drtiendiep likes this.
    08-20-14 11:29 PM
    hi everyone i came from the Android world and forums, new to BB, i dont have one yet. On weekend im going to buy a 9900, hope its a good choice (looking for something cheap)
    So as an android user, cant have a stock system. i think ive understood everything but i have a few questions left, hope u dont mind answer them, im kindly asking

- The new files are pasted over the base and replaced? just that?
    - Shrink - how do i know what to shrink and what not? i assume we are talking about the alx files (seems to be like the android APK)
    - Do i really need the SFI File for the 9900? why not the base one?
    - Does this includes Spanish language? hope so, but if not hope someone tell me how to add it.

Thats all i think

Thanks in advance people, and thanks to the OP for this, seems to be the most popular around here.
    08-21-14 01:23 AM
    Yes base os is 1098

Posted via CB10
    Yes! I install 7.1.0.1098.
    08-21-14 01:37 AM
    hi everyone i came from the Android world and forums, new to BB, i dont have one yet. On weekend im going to buy a 9900, hope its a good choice (looking for something cheap)
    So as an android user, cant have a stock system. i think ive understood everything but i have a few questions left, hope u dont mind answer them, im kindly asking

- The new files are pasted over the base and replaced? just that?
    - Shrink - how do i know what to shrink and what not? i assume we are talking about the alx files (seems to be like the android APK)
    - Do i really need the SFI File for the 9900? why not the base one?
    - Does this includes Spanish language? hope so, but if not hope someone tell me how to add it.

Thats all i think

Thanks in advance people, and thanks to the OP for this, seems to be the most popular around here.
    1: Yes, it is a s simple as that, you paste (overwrite) the files in the base OS with those from RC22 to create the Hybrid OS to load up.

2: You shrink the OS using either BBH tools OR BB Boss.

BB Boss 2.2 Setup

JD's Blog | Your BlackBerry Download Resource

3: You do use the .sfi from the base OS

4: If the Base OS has Spanish Language then the Hybrid will provided you do not shrink it out.

Hope that you enjoy your 9900.

Any problems with the Hybrid just post in here or PM Sator who designed it and is a very helpful bloke.
    ChavitoArg, Sator and Kevin Lim like this.
    08-23-14 05:18 AM
    (...)
    Hi, now i have a 9900, but im having problems installing the Hybrid OS, the installation procedure runs totally ok but when the phone boots up there is a white screen with just text on it and this error on the middle of the screen �uncaught exception net.rim.device.api.i18n.missingresourceexception�
    ive done exactly the same thing pointed here and other tutorials but i didnt not succed even once.

I really dont know what im doing wrong

Ps, if i install just the base OS it runs totally fine.

Thanks for your reply buddy

edit:

here is what im doing, download the file RC22

extract, copy and paste the java and alx files on their respective folders, delete the vendor file, then wipe the device with BBSAK, and finally run the loader. but im stuck at boot ://
    08-23-14 09:48 PM
    Guys ,
    When will blackberry new hybrid OS launching date? . Apple launches it new goodies today,
    09-10-14 05:49 AM
    Your awesome Sator! Thanks for your amazing work with these hybrids. I've been on RC13 with the .861 base and it has been wonderful. I find that once in a while these phone need to be wiped and reload to run great again. Usually about a year to a 1 1/2 years I do this. I could tell that it was time so I usually just wipe and load this same OS. But I decided to try RC22 with .1098. Boy, am I glad I did. This is just amazing. The hotspot works flawlessly, just like RC13 did. But I don't know if I'm imaging it or wishing but the signals seem better. I seem to stay on the T-mobile network longer than before, if I even drop out at all. I seem to stay on 4g longer as well. The other huge improvement is that battery seems to last longer. I made several calls, sent out several emails and text and even browsed the Internet and of course check out CB. I went for 14+ hours before it died. I have never been able to do that before with the stock battery. Only with a fatty pack on the back could I do that. Even when I would set it to 2g only could I possibly get that many hours out of the stock battery. So many many thanks as I love my 9900 more than ever. I used the Q10 for over 9 months, but there is nothing like OS 7.1 to date with yet. And you made it even better. I get more done and faster with my 9900 than anything else. Hopefully, BB10 will get there and get there soon! Thanks Sator for your hard work and contributions to CB fans all over the world.
    09-15-14 09:44 PM
    Thanks for your feed back Rick, and we're glad RC22 works great for you.
    09-15-14 11:14 PM
    It looks as though I am going to be the proud owner of a shiny new Passport in the next week or so meaning that my trusty 9900 will be pensioned off and that I have loaded my last BL Hybrid.

It is fair to say that had it not been for these amazing OS's the Bold would have been pensioned off some time ago, so a huge vote of thanks has to go to Sator and all the BL team for their sterling work over the years, cheers guys.

Must also say thanks to all the regular contributors to what was the best thread on CB before BB10 arrived, you guys know who you are.

I will continue to lurk in here after the Passport arrives to try and answer any questions that folks may have.

It's been a blast !!!
    Sator, Kevin Lim and BoldAlways like this.
    09-25-14 12:56 PM
    It looks as though I am going to be the proud owner of a shiny new Passport in the next week or so meaning that my trusty 9900 will be pensioned off and that I have loaded my last BL Hybrid.

It is fair to say that had it not been for these amazing OS's the Bold would have been pensioned off some time ago, so a huge vote of thanks has to go to Sator and all the BL team for their sterling work over the years, cheers guys.

Must also say thanks to all the regular contributors to what was the best thread on CB before BB10 arrived, you guys know who you are.

I will continue to lurk in here after the Passport arrives to try and answer any questions that folks may have.

It's been a blast !!!
    Wow....it's a good news Legal, and welcome to BlackBerry 10. We'll still be seeing each other on BB10 threads. Hopefully our team can get the pasports this early November so that we can make SIC wipe and load that also support Passport. Thank you for being a very good supporter all this years...
    BoldAlways likes this.
    09-25-14 08:09 PM
    Hello, so can i install BL Ultimate For OS6 RC1 on my 9650 bold? Thanks
    10-04-14 04:42 PM

It's been a blast !!!
    Welcome to BB10! I�m still enjoying my Z and my 9900... But looking at the Passport .
    I think you will manage just fine and fast... It�s a splendid OS...
    Sator and Legal Eagle like this.
    10-07-14 10:32 AM
    Welcome to BB10! I�m still enjoying my Z and my 9900... But looking at the Passport .
    I think you will manage just fine and fast... It�s a splendid OS...
    Hi Luis

You are so right, I have taken to the Passport like the proverbial duck to water. Stop looking at the Passport and get one bought !!!

BB10 is quite intuitive to use, still finding hidden menus and learning new tricks but overall I love the phone. I no longer need to carry a Lap Top to get through a working day.

What has really surprised me is that I am not missing the tool belt, though selecting and editing text seems to be quite fiddly without a track pad, but I'm sure that it will become second nature with more practise.

Now that I am comfortable with the phone and OS it's time to look at updating the OS for the first time which is going to be quite scary. After so many Hybrid loads on the Bold I could do a legacy update with my eyes closed but BB10 is all new to me.

Thankfully, Sator as always has been most helpful in helping me deal with the transition.

Hope to see lots of familiar BL folks in the Passport Forum soon.
    Sator and BoldAlways like this.
    10-10-14 07:31 AM
    Hello,Can I ask how will I know if I successfully installed the hybrid os?
    my current os version after installing is 7.1 bundle 2965 (v7.1.0.1121, platform 5.1.0.705)
    tia...
    10-12-14 08:31 PM
    Hello,Can I ask how will I know if I successfully installed the hybrid os?
    my current os version after installing is 7.1 bundle 2965 (v7.1.0.1121, platform 5.1.0.705)
    tia...
    jcdelight, you've successfully installed the hybrid since it shows OS 7.1.0.1121

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    10-12-14 09:21 PM
    yay..tnx it was a success..tnx for the hybrid os..
    while I wait for the classic I want to hold on to 9900 as much as possible,but it drains battery even on standby mode and not really using it or even touching it,all communication modes are off except the gsm of course,and all settings are on the low side..
    last night around 9:47 pm I left it with 60% battery,then the alarm on my phone wake me up at 5 am so i checked the battery and its 25%,I use the turn on/off phone feature..is this kind of battery drain normal?or should I get a new battery?coz I bought my 9900 as a 2nd hand device,before I got a 9780 and lasts for 3 days,but I sold it and I switched to xperia z1 compact,love the phone but I just really miss the keyboard and the battery life so I bought a 9900 coz it looks really sleek,I dont like the q5 and q10 coz of no trackpad and navigation buttons so Ive been waiting for the classic..if not for the battery life of the 9900 I would have already sold my z1c already,(I use it as a backup phone lol).
    if the new battery does not solve my problem I think I'll switch to the q5 or q10,I dont like the passport,ITS TOO DAMNED BIG
    10-12-14 09:43 PM
    yay..tnx it was a success..tnx for the hybrid os..
    while I wait for the classic I want to hold on to 9900 as much as possible,but it drains battery even on standby mode and not really using it or even touching it,all communication modes are off except the gsm of course,and all settings are on the low side..
    last night around 9:47 pm I left it with 60% battery,then the alarm on my phone wake me up at 5 am so i checked the battery and its 25%,I use the turn on/off phone feature..is this kind of battery drain normal?or should I get a new battery?coz I bought my 9900 as a 2nd hand device,before I got a 9780 and lasts for 3 days,but I sold it and I switched to xperia z1 compact,love the phone but I just really miss the keyboard and the battery life so I bought a 9900 coz it looks really sleek,I dont like the q5 and q10 coz of no trackpad and navigation buttons so Ive been waiting for the classic..if not for the battery life of the 9900 I would have already sold my z1c already,(I use it as a backup phone lol).
    if the new battery does not solve my problem I think I'll switch to the q5 or q10,I dont like the passport,ITS TOO DAMNED BIG
    If a new battery does not fix your issue, try re installing the OS after a SIC Wipe, and don't restore any apps from backup, add them from BB World one at a time and monitor how the battery is doing.

BTW, I thought that the Passport probably wouldn't suit me but gave it a try moving from a 9900 and I just love it.
    BoldAlways and Sator like this.
    10-13-14 05:18 AM
    really should start making hybrids for 9720 lol...all the once i try give me App Error 602....lol
    10-16-14 01:52 PM
    really should start making hybrids for 9720 lol...all the once i try give me App Error 602....lol
    Unfortunately almost all of the BL members have moved to BlackBerry 10....

jdesignz likes this.
    10-17-14 04:56 AM
    Unfortunately almost all of the BL members have moved to BlackBerry 10....

Cheers to that!
    Sator likes this.
    10-23-14 03:29 PM
    Guys I have a BlackBerry Bold 9900 and I was wondering which version I should install (which is the latest?). Thank you very much.
    01-05-15 04:24 PM
10,888 ... 432433434435436
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD