OK, FYI: The program did nothing. I took heart and removed the Bold from the PC and did a battery pull. And it booted normally - as if nothing ever happened. Strange!
    07-21-13 05:15 AM
    Ah, what a pity. The RC18 with .1003 OS doesn't work with my Bold: The GPS does still not work. I don't get it. I really regret buying this device. Dust in the display, strange GPS behaviour, bad accuracy (my Curve was 2m better!)... I shoul've waited for the FairPhone.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk.
    07-21-13 09:19 AM
    Ah, what a pity. The RC18 with .1003 OS doesn't work with my Bold: The GPS does still not work. I don't get it. I really regret buying this device. Dust in the display, strange GPS behaviour, bad accuracy (my Curve was 2m better!)... I shoul've waited for the FairPhone.

Try to refresh your GPS, it's better to do it out door.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Kevin Lim and anon5913172 like this.
    07-21-13 10:56 AM
    can i use this hybrid to my Blackberry Porsche Design 9981 ?
    07-21-13 01:21 PM
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/21/qegaderu.jpg

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Hey, Sator!

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it! You gave me that hint before and I tried it (outside) but it didn't work. :/

07-21-13 02:35 PM
    Bad installed or your 3rd app. Settings, it's been tested on various phones: 9320, 9810, 9900, 9860, 9930 with great results.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    Also 9790, base 923 with great results
    Sator and Kevin Lim like this.
    07-21-13 10:05 PM
    Hi LE & Santers,
    First i run full erase V2.1, the i run bbhtools, load os, set device , delete vendor file, shrinks os , save and lastly launch loader. loader cant detect my device. Not sure which steps have gone wrong, please advise.
    anon5913172 likes this.
    07-22-13 06:15 AM
    Hi LE & Santers,
    First i run full erase V2.1, the i run bbhtools, load os, set device , delete vendor file, shrinks os , save and lastly launch loader. loader cant detect my device. Not sure which steps have gone wrong, please advise.
    Hi Kevin,

Good work your BB Device is 100% wiped and cleared at this stage you should be getting a blinking red led light?

1 - Boot up your windows 7 or Windows 8...

2 - Pull your Battery Out...(leave SIM Card in and Micro Card) just remove the battery

3 - Go to Windows Program Files/ Common Files/ ( if your running a 64-bit OS ) then go to Program file x32/ then common files/ and enter Research In Motion file, then enter AppLoader/ then run Loader with full admin permissions/ wait for the installer pop up to start and then plug in your usb cable to your BB Device and click next and wait 30 seconds/ and when your PIN number is shown click next and reinstall your battery and you will now be able to install your OS on your device...

Santers
    Sator and Kevin Lim like this.
    07-22-13 07:11 AM
    Hey Santers!
    Thanks for your reply. I don't get it, alas. How could the network provider be the problem for the GPS?

Hi Phipson,

Its has nothing to do with your OS or Device, the problem is with your Service Provider Wi-Fi and GPS Section, you perhaps need to contact them and let them know that your not able to get connected to GPS, GPS is run by Towers and Satellite and your Service provider has 3 things going wrong that's why your not able to connect...

1 - Old Com-Switches and they need to be Upgraded... (millions to update these switches and not done over night)

2 - Your Service provider didn't or has corrupted the data base within the GPS and they need to re-assign and get your device online again with the GPS Networks, and this can be an easy fix to restack and re-register yours and every-one who is affected in a few hours...
    or
    3 - Your Service Provider didn't pay their monthly bill for GPS service and they whoever you are with has been cut off the GPS side of things that's for your provider to sort out... ( This could take forever to resolve)

Santers
    07-22-13 07:26 AM
    Hi Kevin,

Good work your BB Device is 100% wiped and cleared at this stage you should be getting a blinking red led light?

1 - Boot up your windows 7 or Windows 8...

2 - Pull your Battery Out...(leave SIM Card in and Micro Card) just remove the battery

3 - Go to Windows Program Files/ Common Files/ ( if your running a 64-bit OS ) then go to Program file x32/ then common files/ and enter Research In Motion file, then enter AppLoader/ then run Loader with full admin permissions/ wait for the installer pop up to start and then plug in your usb cable to your BB Device and click next and wait 30 seconds/ and when your PIN number is shown click next and reinstall your battery and you will now be able to install your OS on your device...

Santers
    Sounds good to me, I found 2 Vendor files with the .1033 base which is quite unusual these days. This could be why loader is not detecting the OS.
    deezy87 and Kevin Lim like this.
    07-22-13 07:40 AM
    santers,
    This is what i did , the launch laoder not respond so i go to stage 3.
    anon5913172 likes this.
    07-22-13 08:14 AM
    Hi Phipson,

Its has nothing to do with your OS or Device, the problem is with your Service Provider Wi-Fi and GPS Section, you perhaps need to contact them and let them know that your not able to get connected to GPS, GPS is run by Towers and Satellite and your Service provider has 3 things going wrong that's why your not able to connect...

1 - Old Com-Switches and they need to be Upgraded... (millions to update these switches and not done over night)

2 - Your Service provider didn't or has corrupted the data base within the GPS and they need to re-assign and get your device online again with the GPS Networks, and this can be an easy fix to restack and re-register yours and every-one who is affected in a few hours...
    or
    3 - Your Service Provider didn't pay their monthly bill for GPS service and they whoever you are with has been cut off the GPS side of things that's for your provider to sort out... ( This could take forever to resolve)

Santers
    Santers,

many, many thanks for the info. You are talking specifically about A-GPS, am I right? I'll contact my provider and check your stated points out. It is strange, nevertheless, that I have a nice GPS signal when using the regular .862 OS. Any other newer OS will fail to deliver that. I don't see the connection to my provider here. :S I guess I've just bought a crappy device on eBay and have bad luck with it.
    Many thanks again for your effort!

anon5913172 likes this.
    07-22-13 08:17 AM
    santers,
    This is what i did , the launch laoder not respond so i go to stage 3.
    Hi Kevin,

Where you able to install your high performance Hybrid BL OS?

If yes Bravo good work and enjoy your device and please do a dew battery pulls and wait 10mins before you put or apply your battery back in to your device do at least 6 battery pulls and you will be 100% and your OS will be settled down by this coming weekend...

or ---

If your still have problems please uninstall your BB Desktop Manager, and everything that is related to for BB Devices within Software and please uninstall everything you see that is RIM or BlackBerry Related...

Then go to Windows and Windows options and show all files and reboot your PC and when your done that go back to windows and delete anything and everything that's related to RIM and BlackBerry within all the sections within Windows, Start with Program files and keep going to Users and delete everything and the reboot and reinstalled a fresh copy of BB Desktop and the your base OS and IE BB add on, and reboot your PC and the copy and past Sators Hybrid updated java files across and over the base OS and reboot again and you will be fine just make sure the battery is out and run the loader in full admin rights...

Run BBHtool and hit 3 times Delete Vendor.xml and reboot 1st and run your bb loader through windows and wait a few seconds till the loader windows opens and then plug in your usb cable from your PC to BB Device

Santers
    Kevin Lim likes this.
    07-22-13 08:30 AM
    Santers,

many, many thanks for the info. You are talking specifically about A-GPS, am I right? I'll contact my provider and check your stated points out. It is strange, nevertheless, that I have a nice GPS signal when using the regular .862 OS. Any other newer OS will fail to deliver that. I don't see the connection to my provider here. :S I guess I've just bought a crappy device on eBay and have bad luck with it.
    Many thanks again for your effort!

Hi Phipson,

No worries, try this

Back your BB Device up fully...

Remove SIM and Memory Card and just leave battery and turn off Radio and Wifi off...

Wipe with BBSAK wait till it come back on pull battery for 5 mins...

Wipe again with BBH tool don't forget to not enter (wipe) wait till it boots up again and pull battery for another 5mins

Now runs Sators BB Format and Wipe Tools run that with full Admin Rights this can take up to 5 to 10mins till the dos screen goes off by its self and there will be lots of press any key to continue watch out for these prompts very important you don't skip any....

Then pull your batter out for another 5mins and leave it out and run loader with full admin rights windows7 or windows 8 and when the loader has detected your pin hit next and put in battery again and let the loader load your OS with Sators Hybrid performance pack...

Let us know!

That's is a problem of buying anything from EBay that's used electronics and smartphones, most have been abused or not taking good care of and most of the times, most BlackBerry's and iPhones, and any of these used Smartphone have been swimming or dropped in water, and when a smartphone goes swimming it just a matter of time when slowly part by part starts shutting down from Water Damage... ( I have serviced hundreds of all makes of Smartphones that have went swimming and there are 3 areas that always need to be looked at :

1 - Replace Keyboard...

2 - Replace SIM Card Reader and Port...

3 - Replace Screen

Santers
    Last edited by santers; 07-22-13 at 08:59 AM.
    Phipson likes this.
    07-22-13 08:40 AM
    5 min battery pull is a little excessive but good advice,

And

1 - Replace Keyboard...

3 - Replace Screen

would be taking it a bit too far.

lol
    07-22-13 09:44 AM
    Hi Phipson,

No worries, try this

Back your BB Device up fully...

Remove SIM and Memory Card and just leave battery and turn off Radio and Wifi off...

Wipe with BBSAK wait till it come back on pull battery for 5 mins...

Wipe again with BBH tool don't forget to not enter (wipe) wait till it boots up again and pull battery for another 5mins

Now runs Sators BB Format and Wipe Tools run that with full Admin Rights this can take up to 5 to 10mins till the dos screen goes off by its self and there will be lots of press any key to continue watch out for these prompts very important you don't skip any....

Then pull your batter out for another 5mins and leave it out and run loader with full admin rights windows7 or windows 8 and when the loader has detected your pin hit next and put in battery again and let the loader load your OS with Sators Hybrid performance pack...

Let us know!

That's is a problem of buying anything from EBay that's used electronics and smartphones, most have been abused or not taking good care of and most of the times, most BlackBerry's and iPhones, and any of these used Smartphone have been swimming or dropped in water, and when a smartphone goes swimming it just a matter of time when slowly part by part starts shutting down from Water Damage... ( I have serviced hundreds of all makes of Smartphones that have went swimming and there are 3 areas that always need to be looked at :

1 - Replace Keyboard...

3 - Replace Screen

Santers
    Okay, Santers, one last desperate try. I'll try your way and will report. But before, two things: Could you please upload BBH-Tools for me? I tried to find it on the web but the source homepage seems to be offline and other sources were no good. And, secondly, which OS/SFI do you recommend? I'd try the .1003 one to be on the newest one. What's your guess? I'm excited if that'll do!

Edit: I mean the 7.1.0.1033 OS.

anon5913172 likes this.
    07-22-13 10:38 AM
    Oh, and I bought my 8900 on eBay as well. And that device was perfectly fine. My Bold is the first bad experience I have on that platform. There's always a first time, isn't it?

anon5913172 likes this.
    07-22-13 10:41 AM
    Sator, thank you so much for RC18. I didn't realize Visual Voice Mail and password vault were already shrunk out. Could someone tell me which COD files I need to copy from the original OS (1033) to get them back on my phone? Thanks very much!

EDIT: Used BBH tool and copied over needed CODS. Love that handy tool!!
    Last edited by HowardShap; 07-22-13 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Update
    07-22-13 10:43 AM
    Okay, Santers, one last desperate try. I'll try your way and will report. But before, two things: Could you please upload BBH-Tools for me? I tried to find it on the web but the source homepage seems to be offline and other sources were no good. And, secondly, which OS/SFI do you recommend? I'd try the .1003 one to be on the newest one. What's your guess? I'm excited if that'll do!

Hi Phipson,

Web site for BBH Tools: BBHTool-pub.zip

I like and always use T-Mobile USA OS's, something is always right! about them! and anytime and all times, ( really don't run after the most current and new OS that comes out cuz all of these new and updated OS's are designed for a specific region and service provider ( in other words the new BB OS's that come out don't all work well by region and service providers)

Santers

Hit Unsupported Browser and it will take you to T-Mobiles USA Update Site...

Web Site: Unsupported Browser
    Last edited by santers; 07-22-13 at 11:12 AM.
    Phipson likes this.
    07-22-13 10:54 AM

OK, disregard my request for BBH-Tools. Found it in another CB-Forum. But thanks anyway!

07-22-13 10:55 AM
    Oh, and I bought my 8900 on eBay as well. And that device was perfectly fine. My Bold is the first bad experience I have on that platform. There's always a first time, isn't it?

Hi Phipson,

We all have been through it buying anything used that's electronics from off Ebay can be tricky and a risk, I have bought stuff from EBay and when I have received it, it goes right into the garbage its the nature of the beast, we win some and lose some part of life...

If this current BB Device went swimming,

1 Order a new Keyboard and Keyboard Membrane, ( $25.00) ( if the keyboard circuit goes it will start to affect networks and screen and everything in time...

1 SIM Card and Port ( $10.00) ( this is where the GPS and WiFi section is....)

1 New Screen ($40 to $60.00)

Replace everything on the list wipe and install a new base BB OS and sell it back on EBay someone will buy it and it will work for many years problem free...

Santers
    07-22-13 11:02 AM
    Hi Phipson,

We all have been through it buying anything used that's electronics from off Ebay can be tricky and a risk, I have bought stuff from EBay and when I have received it, it goes right into the garbage its the nature of the beast, we win some and lose some part of life...

If this current BB Device went swimming,

1 Order a new Keyboard and Keyboard Membrane, ( $25.00) ( if the keyboard circuit goes it will start to affect networks and screen and everything in time...

1 SIM Card and Port ( $10.00) ( this is where the GPS and WiFi section is....)

1 New Screen ($40 to $60.00)

Replace everything on the list wipe and install a new base BB OS and sell it back on EBay someone will buy it and it will work for many years problem free...

Santers
    I don't think that it went swimming. Concerning the marks on the device it seems more likely that it has fallen to the ground multiple times. When this last attempt fails, I'll just leave it with the OS switches. So cross fingers.

And selling it again isn't really a solution as it has dust in the display (and the seller hasn't stated that beforehand). I guess I'd have a huge loss selling it again. Bought it for 200€ and I guess I won't even hit the 100€ if I sold it. So I have to live with it and hope that it will break soon.
    07-22-13 11:13 AM
    I don't think that it went swimming. Concerning the marks on the device it seems more likely that it has fallen to the ground multiple times. When this last attempt fails, I'll just leave it with the OS switches. So cross fingers.

And selling it again isn't really a solution as it has dust in the display (and the seller hasn't stated that beforehand). I guess I'd have a huge loss selling it again. Bought it for 200€ and I guess I won't even hit the 100€ if I sold it. So I have to live with it and hope that it will break soon.
    Hi Phipson,

Gotchya!

Try to use a T-Mobile OS for your BB Device next time around... I think T-Mobile BB OS for your device will sort out many problems with your hardware

Keep us posted and cheers!!!

Santers
    07-22-13 11:18 AM
    Hi Phipson,

Gotchya!

Try to use a T-Mobile OS for your BB Device next time around... I think T-Mobile BB OS for your device will sort out many problems with your hardware

Keep us posted and cheers!!!

Santers
    Okaydoke. Deinstalling .1033 and downloading the .912 from T-Mo now. The download is REALLY slow so I don't know if I will be able to try it today. But I'll keep you folks posted.
    07-22-13 11:32 AM
    Okaydoke. Deinstalling .1033 and downloading the .912 from T-Mo now. The download is REALLY slow so I don't know if I will be able to try it today. But I'll keep you folks posted.
    Hi Phipson,

Good choice and smart move to use T-Mobile I think you will be good from this point onward...

Santers
    Phipson likes this.
    07-22-13 11:43 AM
10,888 ... 388389390391392 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD