DM is so old fashion. Use loader, copy and paste the java only link on a fresh install of 569 with 523 sfi.

Make sure vendor files deleted.

I didn't do too much modifications, just perfecting what I had before.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 powered by BerryLicio.us
    Thanks Zocster,
    I tried both ways, DM and app loader and it did not work but when i repeated the RC2 drill it worked. Maybe, its just not my day.
    I will put it to rest for now and give it a shot tomorrow !
    08-18-12 06:43 AM
    What's wrong with DM ? Doesn't it do a wipe for you as part of the process rather than having to do a BBH one ?

I have always used it and it has worked faultlessly for me.
    It has worked always for me as well, just not detecting the OS.
    At the same time when i reloaded the OS with RC3 it worked like a charm.
    It could be that either i am doing something wrong or it's just not my day !
    Last edited by maxx71; 08-18-12 at 06:50 AM.
    08-18-12 06:46 AM
    So if I don't want Porsche theme, facebook and twitter I can just delete the relevant .alx files prior to install or do I need to shrink out with BBH Tool ?
    08-18-12 06:54 AM
    finish update RC3 :
    - install os base 569
    - delete all base os, replace with RC3 java
    - delete all .alx (using modified .alx)
    - only try Facebook beta (having bad relationship with BBM hybrid )

hope my steps are correct...?
    Last edited by will_chrome; 08-18-12 at 08:35 AM.
    08-18-12 07:15 AM
    So if I don't want Porsche theme, facebook and twitter I can just delete the relevant .alx files prior to install or do I need to shrink out with BBH Tool ?
    Yes, just delete the alx. That you don't want. It's better to copy and paste on top of .569 Java, so you will have all standart OS apps. like Vad etc.
    Last edited by Sator; 08-18-12 at 07:28 AM.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    08-18-12 07:15 AM
    Yes, just delete the alx. That you don't want. It's better to copy an paste on top of .569 Java, so you will have all standart OS apps. like Vad etc.
    Don't use VAD so have just deleted the .569 Java completely and replaced with the RC3 Java.

Deleted .alx for Porsche Theme, Facebook and Twitter none of which I use.
    I do have Meterberry already so left that one in.

Ready to take the plunge, thanks for everyones help, still a relative newbie to the world of Hybrids so much appreciated.
    08-18-12 07:27 AM
    Just noticed an .alx file for quicklaunch.

Presume that that is related to an app of the same name and can be removed if the app is not used (I'm an Advance OS man myself)
    08-18-12 07:32 AM
    the links on post 1 lead me to a site i have to pay for?

**edit: nevermind found the free way lol
    08-18-12 07:40 AM
    Up and running

Installed via DM with no issues.

Seems quick and smooth, but then all brand new OS's seem to be like that. Having said that RC2 never seemed to lose that "brand new install" feeling and I see no reason why RC3 won't be the same.

Thanks as always to Zocs, Ian, Phill and the team.

Managed to make 3 better OS's than RIM have so far !!!
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 08-18-12 at 09:19 AM.
    maxx71, BigwhiteUK and deezy87 like this.
    08-18-12 09:09 AM
    Up and running

Installed via DM with no issues.

Seems quick and smooth, but then all brand new OS's seem to be like that. Having said that RC2 never seemed to lose that "brand new install" feeling and I see no reason why RC3 won't be the same.

Thanks as always to Zocs, Ian, Phill and the team.

Managed to make 3 better OS's than RIM have so far !!!
    I did not delete the original files in .569. I was told by Zocster and others to just copy and paste over them replacing what was already there. I did not delete all the Java, UMTS and .alx I simply copied and replaced. I wonder what is the proper way of doing this or does it not matter?
    08-18-12 09:40 AM
    I did not delete the original files in .569. I was told by Zocster and others to just copy and paste over them replacing what was already there. I did not delete all the Java, UMTS and .alx I simply copied and replaced. I wonder what is the proper way of doing this or does it not matter?
    The question has been asked but no one has given a definitive answer.

I installed fresh .569

Deleted all .569 Java and pasted in RC3

Deleted all .569 .alx and pasted in RC3 deleting Twitter, Facebook and Quicklauch files

Replaced .569 .sfi with .523 .sfi

Everything seems to be working fine so far.

Zocs said that RC3 is a complete OS for the 9900 whereas RC1 and RC2 were not so I presume that only part of the Java in the original OS was replaced in those first 2 releases.
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 08-18-12 at 09:58 AM.
    08-18-12 09:54 AM
    if i'm not mistaken. for RC 3 full OS, the cod had been pre shrink by zocster (he only add cod that be useful for his personal use).

zocter's advice that you replacing base os java is that you still get full application (just in case you needed other application that desn't exist in zocster's RC3).

CMIIW
    08-18-12 10:06 AM
    The question has been asked but no one has given a definitive answer.

I installed fresh .569

Deleted all .569 Java and pasted in RC3

Deleted all .569 .alx and pasted in RC3 deleting Twitter, Facebook and Quicklauch files

Replaced .569 .sfi with .523 .sfi

Everything seems to be working fine so far.

Zocs said that RC3 is a complete OS for the 9900 whereas RC1 and RC2 were not so I presume that only part of the Java in the original OS was replaced in those first 2 releases.

Aye, no definitive answer. But if you delete all java, umts and .alx from fresh install of .569 then paste java, umts and .alx from Zocs's brew, isnt that the same as installing directly his OS since it is a full OS?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-18-12 10:16 AM
    if i'm not mistaken. for RC 3 full OS, the cod had been pre shrink by zocster (he only add cod that be useful for his personal use).

zocter's advice that you replacing base os java is that you still get full application (just in case you needed other application that desn't exist in zocster's RC3).

CMIIW

This is what i gathered as well, I could be wrong though.

08-18-12 10:17 AM
    Aye, no definitive answer. But if you delete all java, umts and .alx from fresh install of .569 then paste java, umts and .alx from Zocs's brew, isnt that the same as installing directly his OS since it is a full OS?

Guess that it is, but I wanted to be sure that DM would pick it up to install.
    08-18-12 10:18 AM
    @Sator, I think as well. This is day 2 with RC3 loaded, and it is settling in nice. Seems too perfect, I have the 523 sfi [deadly combination] as it worked out the best for me.
    BigwhiteUK likes this.
    08-18-12 10:50 AM
    Anyone noticed anything new different with BBM ? And a big thank you to all the team who have given their time and hard work to produce such an outstanding OS.... RIM take note!
    08-18-12 11:51 AM
    Anyone noticed anything new different with BBM ? And a big thank you to all the team who have given their time and hard work to produce such an outstanding OS.... RIM take note!
    Nothing visual, but as with the everything else with this OS it seems mega quick.
    08-18-12 11:55 AM
    @Sator, I think as well. This is day 2 with RC3 loaded, and it is settling in nice. Seems too perfect, I have the 523 sfi [deadly combination] as it worked out the best for me.
    Now that's not something that I've seen written about a BB OS before, an OS that is too perfect !!!!

It's just a pity that RIM can't produce one that could even be described as close to perfect, never mind too perfect.

Nice one Zocs, now about RC4 ...........
    fahar and deezy87 like this.
    08-18-12 12:10 PM
    application resource monitor is v 1.0.0.29 in beta zone
    08-18-12 12:19 PM
    Now that's not something that I've seen written about a BB OS before, an OS that is too perfect !!!!

It's just a pity that RIM can't produce one that could even be described as close to perfect, never mind too perfect.

Nice one Zocs, now about RC4 ...........
    Well the radio for .523 for me is SOLID, combined with RC3 I feel like I have a 9900 that is itching to open up a can of some serious kicking!
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    08-18-12 12:45 PM
    Well the radio for .523 for me is SOLID, combined with RC3 I feel like I have a 9900 that is itching to open up a can of some serious kicking!
    I have also found the .523 to be better suited to my service provider than .569 plus it has the added benefit of running cooler.

Worked beautifully with RC2, only had RC3 on for a matter of hours, but am expecting even greater things as it settles.
    08-18-12 12:50 PM
    God! I have been out for the afternoon and had to catch up with 4 page of the thread.

All u guys sorted now that have had issues?
    08-18-12 02:33 PM
    no issues here, though only been 8 hours or so lol
    08-18-12 02:34 PM
    Lmao...I think rc4 could be once a new os appears. trying to fit the BB10 files into it for a hybrid.
    08-18-12 02:35 PM
10,888 ... 3738394041 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD