I am sorry if I am not following. Would someone tell me why OS 6.0 Hybrid is being released? might it be better than the 7.1 hybrid in the case of stability?
    08-11-12 02:50 PM
    I am sorry if I am not following. Would someone tell me why OS 6.0 Hybrid is being released? might it be better than the 7.1 hybrid in the case of stability?

Its meant for devices running Os6 like 9800s, 9780s, 9700s etc. Just tweaked with some Os7 cods. Correct me if I'm wrong pls.
    ifraser likes this.
    08-11-12 03:15 PM
    OS6 Hybrid is strictly for OS6 device(s) only. The 7.1 Hybrid is only for OS7 devices.
    Last edited by Slayohslay; 08-11-12 at 03:49 PM.
    08-11-12 03:37 PM
    working like a charm after 2 days running my 9900 thankz for the great post guys the battery life is amazing
    08-11-12 05:51 PM
    Hi, I need help, after installing the hybrid on my 9900 which ran ok without issue... Whenever I click on a link(youtube or other streaming sites) from facebook or other social apps it says it is unabel to open the file and would ask if I'd like to download. Which will download just the link. It does nt do this before. However when I go directly to a streaming site and play videos no issues doing so.. Did I miss any file or this is part of the hybrid... Thanks..
    08-12-12 01:03 AM
    Does anyone have link to where I might get the Smart Accessories APP from? Currently when I open this app all options are empty, and not able to set one up? Apparently some phones have the ability to do so, though all OS7 phones have the App. Iv'e searched the phone using BBH Tool and cant find any reference to it. I'm asking in here as there are a lot of knowledgeable people
    08-12-12 07:50 AM
    Tried the os6 hybrid. Disappointed, to say the least. Many issues solved in Wu-Wei's hybrid have surfaced here, some have been amplified. For example I was unable to open the media apps, any of them, and options would open, but if you click anything it would immediately crash, but be in the background and be unusable. Shocking result considering the success of blff/bl5/bl6
    08-12-12 03:53 PM
    Tried the os6 hybrid. Disappointed, to say the least. Many issues solved in Wu-Wei's hybrid have surfaced here, some have been amplified. For example I was unable to open the media apps, any of them, and options would open, but if you click anything it would immediately crash, but be in the background and be unusable. Shocking result considering the success of blff/bl5/bl6
    Apologies for this , the OS6 Hybrid has been extensively tested for the last couple of weeks which is why its taken so long to appear, I will enquire as to your issues as I havent been one of the testers personally.

Having checked with the test team this issue wasnt one that appeared over the period of testing, it could be an app causing the media to crash. what base OS did you use?
    Last edited by ifraser; 08-13-12 at 03:52 AM.
    08-13-12 03:28 AM
    i Also had a problem with the Os 6, but i had the problem of bbm crashing every half hour or so not sure why didnt experience any other problems had to uninstall and revert back to bl6. bbm would freeze and with it freeze the phone only thing i could do was battery pull after which i would have to uninstall bbm n re-install that would only fix it for another half hour. i used 723 base 9700. thanks in advance.
    08-13-12 06:17 AM
    Guys, we arent sure what is causing the issues but are recommending using .723 as the base sfi but make sure you get 706 or 719 as the base OS to make sure you get the most reliable cods.

If more people are having issues let us know as the build package may need to be removed until we can guarantee it is up to the BL standard.

OS7.1 Ultimate users, you are all safe, the build is solid.
    Last edited by ifraser; 08-13-12 at 06:58 AM.
    maxx71 likes this.
    08-13-12 06:41 AM
    Apologies for this , the OS6 Hybrid has been extensively tested for the last couple of weeks which is why its taken so long to appear, I will enquire as to your issues as I havent been one of the testers personally.

Having checked with the test team this issue wasnt one that appeared over the period of testing, it could be an app causing the media to crash. what base OS did you use?

i used .723 as the base.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    08-13-12 07:06 AM
    ok thanks, I have changed my last post as I have been advised it was only the 723 radio that was to be used. Apologies.
    08-13-12 07:08 AM
    I have now been on RC2 with .523sfi for my 9790 and have the following to report :

Battery after 14 hours of usage is on 69% ( i had around 14 call with 3 of them lasting for more than 10mins, 23 bbm and 2 brodcast msgs, 43 emails and 22 sms)> WOW.
    WiFi, is latching on to the newtwork instantly and signal strenght is awesome ( used the browser for around 20 mins and wifi was on for around an hour > WOW
    The best part is the mobile network which is showing on 5 bars for 96.66% ( i never had network on 5 bars for more than 80% before this> WOW

All the above and i have done only two battery pulls and had a memory loss of less than 1.5%.

RC2 with .523sfi has worked wonders for my device and i feel this is the first time i never missed my 9780 for battery etc.

Thanks Zocster & Ian for this awesome hybrid and now can safely quote " this is the best OS for my device till date". The WOW effect !

Thanks & God Bless !
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    08-13-12 08:36 AM
    hi guys,

i have got the hybrid working but would like to try the 523 sfi, do i need to reload the whole thing or can i just insert it to the phone somehow?

Sorry for the simple question...
    08-13-12 09:01 AM
    hi guys,

i have got the hybrid working but would like to try the 523 sfi, do i need to reload the whole thing or can i just insert it to the phone somehow?

Sorry for the simple question...
    Sorry, you have to modify the OS on your computer and re load.

No other way to do it.
    ifraser likes this.
    08-13-12 09:05 AM
    Guys I have a problem, I installed RC2 on a 9900 base of 569 with fsi 523, the installation was completed I will reboot continuously. I think it lacks a file code, long ago I had the same thing happened, but now I can not remember which file I was prompted to enter, perhaps that of the fonts. I state that I come from the same version with fsi 569. Someone can help me? Thank you.
    08-13-12 10:25 AM
    Guys I have a problem, I installed RC2 on a 9900 base of 569 with fsi 523, the installation was completed I will reboot continuously. I think it lacks a file code, long ago I had the same thing happened, but now I can not remember which file I was prompted to enter, perhaps that of the fonts. I state that I come from the same version with fsi 569. Someone can help me? Thank you.

Make sure you install over a fresh OS base. And don't shrink task.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 powered by BerryLicio.us
    ifraser likes this.
    08-13-12 10:45 AM
    Sorry, you have to modify the OS on your computer and re load.

No other way to do it.
    Sigh - Thanks
    08-13-12 11:16 AM
    But the version fsi 569, I'm not going all that, why?
    Last edited by cobracam; 08-13-12 at 11:22 AM.
    08-13-12 11:20 AM
    But the version fsi 569, I'm not going all that, why?

I don't understand, going all what? And no one else having any issues?

cobracam likes this.
    08-13-12 11:54 AM
    zoc which one is best? BL7.1 with .523 sfi. or RC2 with .523 sfi.

I want more battery life. I dont care about memory leak

I am using 9900.
    Last edited by mansooriqbal; 08-13-12 at 01:11 PM.
    08-13-12 01:02 PM
    what program do you use to shrink?
    08-13-12 01:05 PM
    Can AT&T wireless user use your hubrid with out any mic issues? Builds .500 and up have mic issues on about 90% of calls ingoing and out! maybe you could take out the .cod that casue the mic issues and replace them from the 7.1.0.437?
    08-13-12 01:08 PM
    Can AT&T wireless user use your hubrid with out any mic issues? Builds .500 and up have mic issues on about 90% of calls ingoing and out! maybe you could take out the .cod that casue the mic issues and replace them from the 7.1.0.437?
    I believe that it is the .sfi (radio file) that causes the mic issue and that this file can not be tampered with.

Sorry, but you are stuck with stock .437 or .391 for now as these .sfi files do not work with the Hybrid Java.
    Willard814 and maxx71 like this.
    08-13-12 01:11 PM
    I don't understand, going all what? And no one else having any issues?

Sorry, I resolved by uninstalling everything from the PC, and reinstalling everything from scratch, everything works now, hopefully well, hello, thanks.
    08-13-12 04:24 PM
10,888 ... 2829303132 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD