Sorry i commented before reading your last paragraph

Dont be scared of losing your groups, follow the following instructions:

Radio off
    Backup with DM
    Wipe and install OS
    Restore Data
    Check groups have restored before turning radio on

I can do this 4 or 5 times a week with no loss of group access.

Obviously there are battery pulls within that set of instructions but just use common sense for them.

Glad everyone is finding good results with the latest OS.
    Sator likes this.
    10-18-12 06:09 AM
    Just noticed that I have lost my ability to synch my contacts with WiFi on Rc6B2

Not shrunk out anything different, but I now longer have the check box in my contacts list.

Used to synch with G.Mail which is sole contacts list. DM is only allowing me to synch with Outlook, no G.Mail option available at all.

Any suggestion guys ???
    10-18-12 06:36 AM
    unfortunately I've never tested BL hybrids on 9930, if you wanna try go for RC5B2 with .580 SFI or RC7B1 with .649 /.580 SFI
    I am running RC7B1 on 9930 with a .649 base with no problems. Have basically been running all the hybrids with the .649 without any issues.
    Sator, ifraser and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    10-18-12 06:44 AM
    " Just noticed that I have lost my ability to synch my contacts with WiFi on Rc6B2

Not shrunk out anything different, but I now longer have the check box in my contacts list.

Used to synch with G.Mail which is sole contacts list. DM is only allowing me to synch with Outlook, no G.Mail option available at all.

Any suggestion guys ??? "

i just installed rc7b1 but had rc6b2 on previously and did not have this issue... my contact were syncing perfectly with gmail...

try deleting the email account and re adding...? seems to always work for me when i have syncing issues
    Sator and Legal Eagle like this.
    10-18-12 07:39 AM
    Thanks!! Could you please give the download link?
    Im a newbie i have a question, can you explain the "shrinking" progress? im so sorry!

Thank you very very much for your help!
    10-18-12 07:44 AM
    I am running RC7B1 on 9930 with a .649 base with no problems. Have basically been running all the hybrids with the .649 without any issues.
    Thanks for your feed back...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    ifraser likes this.
    10-18-12 07:48 AM
    I have noticed that ADRs are greatly influenced by the condition in which the phone is installed, for e.g. A Clean Wipe to 507 using JL_Cmdr / BBSAK / BBHTools before an install would be ideal - but am $hiT scared of doing this as I don't wanna lose my BBM Groups.

Using DM & doing a Full Backup >> then doing a Full Wipe to 507 >> then install using DM with the phn Radio OFF >> then Restore using DM - - - - will this ensure that BBM Groups are fully retained ?

Gurus plzz comment !
    Homie, just make sure that ALL of your connections are OFF...

go to Desktop Manager

back that thang up

Use either BBH Tool/BBSAK/ jl_cmder to wipe

Shrink to you liking

Load that beast

ENJOY!!!!

Nothing to be scared of, I do this all the time and come out unscathed
    10-18-12 08:04 AM
    Im a newbie i have a question, can you explain the "shrinking" progress? im so sorry!

The download link for what?

And shrinking is basically removing the bulk sh!t that you don't need on your device, thus freeing up memory....It is impossible to shrink something that is important, unless you get into the advanced area...I shrink my OS to about 77MB and have no ill effects at all. Use BBH Tool to shrink, you can get BBH Tool HERE
    Sator and Pierina like this.
    10-18-12 08:16 AM
    " Just noticed that I have lost my ability to synch my contacts with WiFi on Rc6B2

Any suggestion guys ??? "

i just installed rc7b1 but had rc6b2 on previously and did not have this issue... my contact were syncing perfectly with gmail...

try deleting the email account and re adding...? seems to always work for me when i have syncing issues
    Worked like a dream.

Thanks
    ifraser likes this.
    10-18-12 08:24 AM
    I see a lot of people use MeterBerry. Does anyone know if it's still available and if it is how do you get it? When I go to the MeterBerry site it directs you to the closed Mobihand site and I don't see it on App World.
    10-18-12 08:42 AM
    Running RC7B1 with Voda UK .714 large jAllLang sfi.
    No high temps or ADR here...
    http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/i...LTQ0LmpwZw.jpg
    Great work as per, BL team
    Thanks for sharing Phill, I have the same configuration with you. So I have no doubt as per your comment.
    10-18-12 08:42 AM
    I see a lot of people use MeterBerry. Does anyone know if it's still available and if it is how do you get it? When I go to the MeterBerry site it directs you to the closed Mobihand site and I don't see it on App World.
    MeterBerry has never been on App World.
    Officially, it's gone... unofficially however, just Google it
    ifraser likes this.
    10-18-12 09:15 AM
    It is on the way back

Posted by Giant Cashew on 16th October 2012

Hi all. For what it's worth, I just wanted to say I'm sorry for not keeping people informed on how they can get MeterBerry and keep it updated after MobiHand went under. I've been extremely busy with family stuff this year and my full-time job and just haven't had much time to dedicate to MeterBerry. But again, I'm sorry. I did get burned by MobiHand, along with many other developers, but that doesn't mean you should.
    I am currently in the process of bringing it over to App World. I applied for an App World account and got that approved. I then had to change MeterBerry's licensing model to work with App World's. I also had to change MeterBerry's name, as any app with the word "Berry" in the title isn't allowed in App World. I also developed some new server code that will allow people to retrieve lost activation codes and/or swap devices. I am planning on submitting the updated app to App World very soon. Sorry for the delay, really. Some of you I'm sure will say too little too late, but I just wanted to let you know.
    10-18-12 09:37 AM

Download link for the Hybrid files are on the 1st page,

If its a base OS have a look around the cb forums, our blog, or the blackberry carrier downloads page.

Hope this helps.
    Pierina likes this.
    10-18-12 09:37 AM
    As always Phill, thank you. I was able to download from Meter Berry 2.5.rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

There are 5 .cod and 1 .jad files. I tried installing with the .jad from the phone and it failed and I tried one of the .cod and there was an error. The .cod files vary in size between 23 and 60kb.

I also remember in an earlier BL Hybrid it had MeterBerry but it asked me for a license key. If I install from the above link will I still need this?
    10-18-12 09:45 AM
    As always Phill, thank you. I was able to download from Meter Berry 2.5.rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

There are 5 .cod and 1 .jad files. I tried installing with the .jad from the phone and it failed and I tried one of the .cod and there was an error. The .cod files vary in size between 23 and 60kb.

I also remember in an earlier BL Hybrid it had MeterBerry but it asked me for a license key. If I install from the above link will I still need this?
    MeterBerry was/is a paid app so you would need a license key specific to the PIN of your device.

See my post above, MeterBerry will soon be available on App World.
    10-18-12 09:53 AM
    Hi All,

Been away for some time and am back !
    Well in the meantime i did install RC7b1 and tried it for a couple of days but somehow was not very comaptible with my device. The ADr was high and the idle ADR was around 3%. I believe it might be a bad install but i did wipe and install everything app one by one, so don't know what went wrong ?
    Since then i am on AT&Tv2 and it is working like a charm ! Although the temp is the the late twenties but nothing to complain !

Wow ! meterberry coming to app world is welcome news, hope there are some updates too this time. Thanks Legal for that piece !!!!
    10-18-12 10:04 AM
    Hi All,

Well in the meantime i did install RC7b1 and tried it for a couple of days but somehow was not very comaptible with my device. The ADr was high and the idle ADR was around 3%. I believe it might be a bad install but i did wipe and install everything app one by one, so don't know what went wrong ?
    Since then i am on AT&Tv2 and it is working like a charm ! Although the temp is the the late twenties but nothing to complain !

Wow ! meterberry coming to app world is welcome news, hope there are some updates too this time. Thanks Legal for that piece !!!!
    10-18-12 10:05 AM

Copy all the files to your memory card, then run the .jad file to install.
    As for the licence key, yes you will still need one... keep Googling
    10-18-12 10:10 AM
    Hi All,

Hi Maxx

Still on RC6B2 and that has got to be some sort of a record, same OS for a whole week !!!

Not planning on changing anytime soon unless a new build comes out. RC7B1 though on the PC looks like it will not get installed on the Bold.

Zero issues with 6B2 so why change when there seem to be some varied reactions to 7B1.
    10-18-12 10:12 AM
    I just installed rc7b1 with 714 base and sfi will update u guys soon, my last install of rc6b2 didn't work out that well with me I was getting 4-6% ADR, installed that version twice..
    10-18-12 10:18 AM
    I just installed rc7b1 with 714 base and sfi will update u guys soon, my last install of rc6b2 didn't work out that well with me I was getting 4-6% ADR, installed that version twice..
    Yeah, it's odd how some peoples phones seem to react better with one OS than another. guess that different .sfi's work better with some carriers than others.
    Vodafone seems to like .658 better than .714 for example.
    Maybe your carrier will work better with the .714 you have just installed, hope so mate.
    maxx71 likes this.
    10-18-12 10:28 AM
    Hi Legal,

CB is updating i guess, it does not allow me to delete my double post and reply to thread and press the liked or thank buttons as well but fortunately allows me to reply to thread.....thank goodness for that ! lol

Yes, it will be a record .........same OS for a whooolllllle week ! Jeez, we must be crazy.
    The rate BL has come up with RC's is amazing !!!!
    7a & b were not good for my device alongwith RC4 ! Rest all have been pretty good and one better than the last time.

I wish if AT&Tv2 could run a bit cooler !!!
    10-18-12 10:34 AM
    Hi Legal,

CB is updating i guess, it does not allow me to delete my double post and reply to thread and press the liked or thank buttons as well but fortunately allows me to reply to thread.....thank goodness for that ! lol

Yes, it will be a record .........same OS for a whooolllllle week ! Jeez, we must be crazy.
    7a & b were not good for my device alongwith RC4 ! Rest all have been pretty good and one better than the last time.

10-18-12 10:35 AM
    Hi Legal,

AT&T V2 had great battery for me but not so good on signal particularly in weaker signal areas.
    .658 is the new .523 for now, runs cool with strong signal.
    Might give 7B a try with .658 base rather than .714. @ Audio Engineer seems to be getting good results on Voda with that package.
    maxx71 likes this.
    10-18-12 10:39 AM
10,888 ... 209210211212213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD