Did you have fm radio when you had standard 714 installed?

ok, i managed to load it now, still no FM radio app, do u have it?from the version number, i think its installed correctly..

btw, nice seeing other 9360 fellow here

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    10-14-12 01:03 AM
    I read in the blackberry dev forum that the duplicate modules are in fact required for the other apps installed on ones blackberry to access. However, this does not mean multiple modules are being installed and using up storage space. If you go to Application Management and then press the menu button and then select Modules- you sould see that only one of each is actually installed.

WHen I view the modules via Application Management and then selecting the Blackberry Device Software and scrolling down, there are dupliate copies of modules listed.

Now go to Application Management and click the menu button and select Modules, you should only see that one of each is installed.

Maybe I'm wrong, I'm in no way saying what I learned is factual.

My partner's Torch 9810 running .391 was installed upon OS release. I get same results checking modules via App Management.
    My torch 9810 running .658 sfi with RC6B2.
    10-14-12 02:00 AM
    It is entirely up to the person to use the alx or not.

Running non duplicate alx has no errors produced on 9320/7.1.0.714 (B1909) or previous.

I always trim mine down and add fonts accordingly, for faster loading of ввм. I had trimmed mine down from OS6 and now 7 and have saved roughly 1 mb.

I have learned mine and I am sticking to it lol.

I read in the blackberry dev forum that the duplicate modules are in fact required for the other apps installed on ones blackberry to access. However, this does not mean multiple modules are being installed and using up storage space. If you go to Application Management and then press the menu button and then select Modules- you sould see that only one of each is actually installed.

WHen I view the modules via Application Management and then selecting the Blackberry Device Software and scrolling down, there are dupliate copies of modules listed.

Now go to Application Management and click the menu button and select Modules, you should only see that one of each is installed.

Maybe I'm wrong, I'm in no way saying what I learned is factual.

My partner's Torch 9810 running .391 was installed upon OS release. I get same results checking modules via App Management.
    My torch 9810 running .658 sfi with RC6B2.

BerryLicio.us
    10-14-12 02:11 AM
    I tried an earlier version of this hybrid and it was missing the email setup program, that connects to BIS and configures your email addresses. Is it included in the latest version?
    10-14-12 02:53 AM
    This java hybrid is to overlay a fresh install of .714

If you don't shrink it, then BIS should be there.
    I tried an earlier version of this hybrid and it was missing the email setup program, that connects to BIS and configures your email addresses. Is it included in the latest version?

BerryLicio.us
    10-14-12 03:09 AM
    Did you have fm radio when you had standard 714 installed?

yes, i have fm radio on standard .714 bundles 2039,but not on hyrbid..

BerryLicio.us
    10-14-12 03:21 AM
    I just love RC6B2

40 hours off charge. Light weekend use. ADR 0.6 % 77% battery remaining Memory Loss 0.3mb.

If it ain't broke don't mend it.

RC7B will be staying on the PC for now.
    Mi.key and sheldonbk like this.
    10-14-12 05:43 AM
    We are looking into this for curve owners.

Other apps are installing and running fine just can't get this fm radio to show.

BerryLicio.us
    10-14-12 05:45 AM
    As zoc says the hybrid should be overlayed on a fresh install of 714 so anything that you need should be there if you don't shrink.

We don't remove any modules that are required for everyday running.

I also have had no issue at all running the trimmed down alx files on the 9900. And I have tested every OS for BL before launch.

As for the radio issue, we will try to get to the bottom of it for all you curve owners.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    10-14-12 07:08 AM
    We are looking into this for curve owners.

Other apps are installing and running fine just can't get this fm radio to show.

BerryLicio.us
    i see, it seems that u tested it yourself, im glad i did nothing wrong in reloading BB os, as this is my first time mod-ing a BB, coming from android..

As zoc says the hybrid should be overlayed on a fresh install of 714 so anything that you need should be there if you don't shrink.

We don't remove any modules that are required for everyday running.

I also have had no issue at all running the trimmed down alx files on the 9900. And I have tested every OS for BL before launch.

As for the radio issue, we will try to get to the bottom of it for all you curve owners.

OMG..thanks for this!i hope BL team can fix this, although im not FM radio as much as MP3 player, but i would like to have all os 7.1 feature..
    running os for 16 hours, ADR still at 7%, i dont believe i can achieve below 4% this curve battery is so small, 1000mAh only, but ill keep continue in testing, seems fine so far, all app are working fine here..
    10-14-12 07:29 AM
    No probs, we always heavily test the OS's but just for your usual functionality.

Because the FM radio function is unique to the curves it leaves us limited for testing.

We are currently trying to pinpoint what file is not working when the radio files are added as it should be ok using the overlay process.

Other than that you will get full functionality from your phone.

As for ADR. After 4 days I was on 0.97% adr on the 9900 with its 1200mAh battery

koax94 likes this.
    10-14-12 07:35 AM
    BL team! Thanks for another great build!.
    I installed RC7B1 over .714OS and radio sfi onto my BB9900. This is day two and all so far is well. Will continue with the battery pulls for the next 3-4 days.
    Sator likes this.
    10-14-12 08:09 AM
    Don't mentioned it, the RC7 Beta1 build has been a really successful
    One for the battery. And has been fast as well.

Once a new OS appears we will need to see what we can improve.

That's going to be a hard job.

Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-14-12 09:05 AM
    I just love RC6B2

40 hours off charge. Light weekend use. ADR 0.6 % 77% battery remaining Memory Loss 0.3mb.

If it ain't broke don't mend it.

RC7B will be staying on the PC for now.
    I know I'm a bit late, but I've been busy. Going to give RC6B2 a shot and see how that goes. RC7B1 will be silently waiting.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-14-12 10:33 AM
    Ok, 4 days settling I guess, if u look at my graph and that's it settled to 0.97% adr today.
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/13/u2eny2ys.jpg

ifraser, at the beginning of each day you have a flat line. I'm assuming its when you were charging your phone overnight?
    10-14-12 10:35 AM
    That sure is.

I use my phone as an alarm clock on the desk stand.

I don't really get folk that don't charge at night, unless they use their phone 24/7. Lol

hamsterwheel likes this.
    10-14-12 10:56 AM
    Start of day four with RC6B2, after all battery pulls--- today BDR an incredible .37%! on just a couple emails and a handful bbm. Outfreaking standing BL.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Legal Eagle and Sator like this.
    10-14-12 11:29 AM
    Hi Sator, Zocs and Ifraser. Thanks for all your efforts. I loaded .714 with Dakota alx and hybrid .714 Java overlay. When shrinking with BBH Tool I kept the Latin and Times fonts. After install. I tried opening my presentation and failed. I checked the installed fonts and found that Times was not there. Must I re-install without the Dakota Alx files?
    10-14-12 11:47 AM
    When shrinking with BBH Tool I kept the Latin and Times fonts. After install. I tried opening my presentation and failed. I checked the installed fonts and found that Times was not there. Must I re-install without the Dakota Alx files?
    You need to modify one of the alx files from Zoc's Dakota zip bundle for the Times font to be automatically installed.
    Just open the BlackBerry alx file with Notepad, scroll down to net_rim_font_timesx.cod and remove the x at the end. Back out and save.
    Without this mod you'll have to inject the Times font cod manually with BBSAK/BBH Tool for it to work.
    Sator likes this.
    10-14-12 12:16 PM
    Has anyone tried installing BlackBerry App World 4.0 Beta with this os? I'm running it with 7.1.0.714 and wondering if there will be any issues.
    10-14-12 12:22 PM
    Has anyone tried installing BlackBerry App World 4.0 Beta with this os? I'm running it with 7.1.0.714 and wondering if there will be any issues.
    Yup... and no issues
    Sator likes this.
    10-14-12 12:37 PM
    No issue with BlackBerry Appworld 4.0, I'm also using it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-14-12 12:38 PM
    I see there is RC7B1 and RC7A1 .. .which one is the newer one. I had some hiccups while trying RC7B1. I had to re download the entire .714 base coz somehow mine was not decompressing giving me errors. After a successful download and install I overlayed the RC7B1 java I wiped my phone with bbsak as i normally do, closed it and opened loader but strangely loader cud find any OS installed. I had to use bbh tool. tried to shrink with it but don't think it was done. I opened loader via bbh tool and ran it and that's how i got it to find the OS on my phone. Have installed since about 3hrs ago, have everything set up. waiting to do a battery pull and then an overnight charge before i sleep. Phone feels hot although temps are around 30.
    Net speed is the only reason i went with the .714 base. Its freakin fast. downloads and all. even my apps installed in a fraction of the time they normally take. My two concerns are now temps and battery life. That's it. The rest is all awesome so far. Will give it a full week to see how it fairs. If all fails I revert back to the one mix that seems to work for me and that is .694 AT&T + AT&T java hybrid V1. Much respect and many thanks to the BL Team.
    Sator likes this.
    10-14-12 12:55 PM
    I don't really get folk that don't charge at night, unless they use their phone 24/7. Lol
    I think that's because, for a long time, the idea was that its not good to overcharge phones. I think it was widely accented that leaving it on the charger too long after the battery reaches 100% would damage the battery and reduce the overall capacity of the battery. Since charging normally takes ~2hrs, that would mean ~4-6hrs overcharge. I guess its hard to let go of old habits. That'.s why I usually charge during the day

I think, at least on my phone, it takes approximately 20 mins after battery shows 100% to actually reach full charge.
    10-14-12 02:18 PM
    Just inject the font cod files. I keep times, latin and courier, use the modified alx files and never have problems with docs to do.

As for charging, I agree that possibly is the reason and it doesn't really make a difference when you charge, but overnight does also let it settle as well without any background usage.

10-14-12 02:26 PM
10,888 ... 202203204205206 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD