Thanks..ok will give that a go.

Well, it's day 6 now, and my ADR around 6-7

I'm not a heavy user by any means...BBM, texts, a few emails...don't browse much either. Maybe 1 or 2 calls/day.

Apps:

Whatsapp

BeWeather (set to manually update)

AOSLED

Twitter

FB

BB Maps (which I haven't even used yet lol...just in case I get lost you know)

BatteryEx

App World

Fishloader

Photobucket Mobile

QW

Tapatalk

I have to mention that I had all these on my 9810 and never had a drain this bad

And I ALWAYS close everything.

So that's it...I will try the ATT Special and see how that works for me

I think it's your 3rd apps. that drains your battery, maybe it's whatsapp (always click exit) or twitter (always set never refresh), just turn the Application Resource Monitor it may help reduce your battery drains.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    09-24-12 10:34 AM
    What is UMTS?Forgive me for the noob question.Am i supposed to deal with SFI?What was sfi anyway?
    UMTS is the folder for your .sfi file. Sfi is your radio file. Java file is your .cods file.

.sfi = Radio files
    .cod = Java files
    Sator likes this.
    09-24-12 10:42 AM
    Hi mate... not yet
    Been away the last couple of weeks since all the fun stuff dropped for the 9900. Still running my old .658 Java with .523 sfi brew, but looking forward to loading up the latest BL Ultimate RC when I return next week.
    Not looking forward to the weather though! Prefer this...
    Click to view quoted image
    Dead right about the weather back home, not stopped raining for 24 hours !!!

Worth getting wet to try the latest BL brew though !!!
    09-24-12 11:22 AM
    Havent received an email yet ???? why
    it went BUT bounced back ... ... dunno why
    BigwhiteUK likes this.
    09-24-12 12:08 PM
    If I uninstall the BBOS and DM from my PC and delete whatever is left in the directories and wipe my phone then re-install the OS, DM and Hybrid why would I get this?
    09-24-12 12:21 PM
    If I uninstall the BBOS and DM from my PC and delete whatever is left in the directories and wipe my phone then re-install the OS, DM and Hybrid why would I get this?
    Just pick the bottom one. This hybrid contains older - latest version of .cods. That is why you are getting that. correct me if im wrong
    09-24-12 12:25 PM
    No that is once again correct. Always over write with the hybrid.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    09-24-12 12:27 PM
    Just pick the bottom one. This hybrid contains older - latest version of .cods. That is why you are getting that. correct me if im wrong
    But if it's a clean install and there's nothing on the phone how does it know there's an older version? That's where I'm confused.
    09-24-12 12:29 PM
    But if it's a clean install and there's nothing on the phone how does it know there's an older version? That's where I'm confused.
    It is a clean install, yes. But the 'Hybrid' contain alot of version of .cods which is from olderrrrrr to the latest version. So, your Apploader detect lower version of .cods, so that is why it knows!
    09-24-12 12:34 PM
    Slay is collecting gold stars
    Its whats on PC, not phone
    audio_engr likes this.
    09-24-12 12:36 PM
    I want a gold star...BUT my boss just handed me a green sapphire, a lose stone at .85 carats! Guess he likes me, and the work I do for him
    BigwhiteUK and audio_engr like this.
    09-24-12 12:43 PM
    Actually it is the sfi and the cod version that the Apploader checks. It compares your phones current OS to the files in the OS directory.

deezy87 likes this.
    09-24-12 12:43 PM
    I hate to say it but Zocster currently has similar ADR and he is a very high user.

Thats on a 9320 running RC6 alpha
    I know everything is relative, but I'd say I'm a pretty light user. 10-15 emails per day, barely call, mostly text (20-30/day). I don't bbm.

Only apps I have are facebook, beweather, screengrabber, once touch flashlight. Facebook checks feeds every hour and beweather updates every 3 hours. I have a few games installed but almost never play them.

Should I give 658 + RC6b1 a try?
    ifraser likes this.
    09-24-12 12:53 PM
    I was assuming that, thanks for clarifying this Ian!
    09-24-12 12:55 PM
    I know everything is relative, but I'd say I'm a pretty light user. 10-15 emails per day, barely call, mostly text (20-30/day). I don't bbm.

Only apps I have are facebook, beweather, screengrabber, once touch flashlight. Facebook checks feeds every hour and beweather updates every 3 hours. I have a few games installed but almost never play them.

Should I give 658 + RC6b1 a try?
    Yes, that would be a good mix, the 658 radio file has been getting very good results
    09-24-12 01:00 PM
    Yes, that would be a good mix, the 658 radio file has been getting very good results
    Do you mean battery wise? Because I feel like the signal strength has been pretty good.
    09-24-12 01:26 PM
    Im just trying to help, not expecting any gold nor stars lol im not a Hybrid God nor Blackberry pro's, but least i can help
    deezy87 and BigwhiteUK like this.
    09-24-12 01:33 PM

I'm not a heavy user by any means...BBM, texts, a few emails...don't browse much either. Maybe 1 or 2 calls/day.
    Apps:
    Whatsapp
    BeWeather (set to manually update)
    AOSLED
    Twitter
    FB
    BB Maps (which I haven't even used yet lol...just in case I get lost you know)
    BatteryEx
    App World
    Fishloader
    Photobucket Mobile
    QW
    Tapatalk

I have to mention that I had all these on my 9810 and never had a drain this bad
    And I ALWAYS close everything.

So that's it...I will try the ATT Special and see how that works for me
    Its time to go back to your 9810... Haha lol

Its whatsapp that's causing the drain

My drain was 13% when I had whatsapp! Today, a day without whatsapp and its 6%.. The best I've ever got
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    09-24-12 01:45 PM
    Day 6 ???

Thought that you only installed the Hybrid on Friday/Saturday !!!

Takes around 3 days to settle fully.

RGSHAH is right about Whatsapp though, I have seen it mentioned as a battery killer in several threads.
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 09-24-12 at 01:55 PM.
    09-24-12 01:49 PM
    i'm worried my .714 mix with rc6 beta 1 wont be as good as it would be on .658 WAHHH
    09-24-12 01:57 PM
    High Ian

Thanks for all the great work the BL team does.
    I wanted to ask what the main benefits in battery life, ADR, signal locking and overall performance that everyone has found with RC6 beta1 with .658 sifi over base .658 compared to RC5 beta2 with .523 sifi over base .523 for the 9900?
    09-24-12 02:02 PM
    I think the battery life is very similar. But RC6 mixes have been smoother and the browser faster.

09-24-12 02:04 PM
    Its time to go back to your 9810... Haha lol

Its whatsapp that's causing the drain

My drain was 13% when I had whatsapp! Today, a day without whatsapp and its 6%.. The best I've ever got
    Even if it's closed? I always exit out of it

Day 6 ???

Thought that you only installed the Hybrid on Friday/Saturday !!!

Takes around 3 days to settle fully.

RGSHAH is right about Whatsapp though, I have seen it mentioned as a battery killer in several threads.
    I installed it last Thurs so ok Day 5

But I need whatsapp - for all those defectors and those other phones "that shall not be mentioned" users. lol
    Legal Eagle and deezy87 like this.
    09-24-12 02:21 PM
    I think the battery life is very similar. But RC6 mixes have been smoother and the browser faster.

Thanks for the quick reply.
    Would you say that .658 sifi is better at signal locking and coverage compared to sifi .523 in the UK?
    09-24-12 02:38 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply.
    Would you say that .658 sifi is better at signal locking and coverage compared to sifi .523 in the UK?
    Certainly no worse than .523 for me on Voda UK but it's still early days.
    09-24-12 02:41 PM
10,888 ... 160161162163164 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD