so you finding .569 better than .523 ? as your device is different from mine will that still determine whether 569 may not actually be brilliant on my device?
    I would say 523 was more stable on my device but the 569 one with RC6A is looking good.
    likklek likes this.
    09-19-12 09:15 AM
    I had no heat problems with 649, or now with 569 using the RC5 mixes.

The only issue was the rebooting after wifi connection as lost which we are trying to fix as well..

Here is a full OS download for the 9900 with .569 sfi file.

BL Ultimate RC6 Alpha 1 for 9900
    I just used the java, I think I'll stay put where I am lol until maybe RC6A2 lol

Sounds like more experimental sfi being leaked. Hmmm RIM!

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    I see Zocs' creative juices will begin to flow....yet again
    ifraser and maxx71 like this.
    09-19-12 09:17 AM
    I had weird issue last night as per wifi connecting...wiped and loaded again, voila! Wifi works now lol....I wonder what I do to make these bumps come up every once in a while.
    BoldAlways and maxx71 like this.
    09-19-12 09:19 AM
    That's the reason it fails to excite me whenever RIM releases a leaked OS, the more recent ones that i can remember is the .402 & .649 for the 9900/9790, which was crappy to say the least in more ways than one.

Let's hope that we get an Official release for 9900 so that Zocs and team can whip up some more magic, the kind which are used to getting over here.
    And i remenber one (.437 i think) that not went to my phone! Well, even if RIM releases a new sfi i will keep my old friend .523 in my computer... just in case
    maxx71 likes this.
    09-19-12 09:22 AM
    I had weird issue last night as per wifi connecting...wiped and loaded again, voila! Wifi works now lol....I wonder what I do to make these bumps come up every once in a while.
    Nothing like a reload . Everything smooth and fast for know. Too soon to say more, but, by now we already know what kind of awesome job this team does!
    sheldonbk likes this.
    09-19-12 09:24 AM
    And i remenber one (.437 i think) that not went to my phone! Well, even if RIM releases a new sfi i will keep my old friend .523 in my computer... just in case
    I have .523 small and big sfi( our trusted and faithful friend) to be on the safer side, anyone needs it, you know whom to PING
    BoldAlways and ifraser like this.
    09-19-12 09:29 AM
    Ohh, it may be one too many tequila shots !!!!! lol
    Now it is official, having tequila & loading BL hybrid don't go together......
    sheldonbk, ifraser and Sator like this.
    09-19-12 09:32 AM
    am staying put with RC-5b[2] + 523 sfi .. and am damn happy !!

RIM's experimental sfi's are all a big waste - -
    09-19-12 09:39 AM
    Yeah, just been going through teh files and notice docs to go etc shrunk out.

Will follow Bold Always and paste over RC5B Java.
    I always reinstall OS from scratch. There's no need to examine the hybrid closely before. I've installed hybrids previously where VAD (which I use daily) was shrunk because it wasn't used by the hybrid dev. So, even though I've now installed (and live by) Berrylicious hybrids, I figure you never know what the hybrid dev doesn't use.

I also figure that uninstalling and reinstalling a base, then deleting any remaining folders and rebooting, is like wiping the device before. There's less chance of something having gone wrong with the OS install. So my results are less likely influenced by a bad install, and only adversely effected by whatever apps or themes I install.

>> I should add that I always shrink (any OS, including hybrids) using BBHybrid Tools to reduce OS size and give the most available free space.
    Last edited by sheldonbk; 09-19-12 at 03:07 PM.
    maxx71 and BigwhiteUK like this.
    09-19-12 09:42 AM
    does the base you use with the hybrid have a big impact? im guessing latest base is not always the best.
    09-19-12 09:54 AM
    i think a new thread an a FAQ is required
    BoldAlways likes this.
    09-19-12 09:59 AM
    does the base you use with the hybrid have a big impact? im guessing latest base is not always the best.
    Agree, latest is just higher number, not always the best.
    maxx71 likes this.
    09-19-12 10:01 AM
    The base radio file does have a big impact, if you are only using the directory then no, As you are on the 9360 then pick the most reliable radio for your phone then use the Java download.

As for the Development of the BL Hybrid we tend to shrink out all the apps we can just to keep the Java size down, these can be re-added before install from your own choice of OS, eg. I add Social Feeds in because I use them.

@Ria - this is the FAQ
    BoldAlways, maxx71 and likklek like this.
    09-19-12 10:02 AM
    i think a new thread an a FAQ is required
    Sounds Right !
    This has become One Epic thread of Gigantic proportions........
    Last edited by maxx71; 09-19-12 at 10:26 AM.
    ifraser likes this.
    09-19-12 10:03 AM
    Agree, latest is just higher number, not always the best.
    ........but the BL team is capable of picking the bits (the good ones, offcourse) and create another delicious brew out of the crapiest of OS builds !
    09-19-12 10:08 AM
    This java is to go over a fresh install of base.

If you wanna use the 714 leaked then use it.

We never said to delete the content of your java

I copied and pasted the files from RC6 Alpha, as I did with the other hybrids I never deleted. Isn't it you copy and replace files in the Java folder with the ones from the hybrid?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    09-19-12 11:38 AM
    Ohh, it may be one too many tequila shots !!!!! lol
    Now it is official, having tequila & loading BL hybrid don't go together......
    True...I am mangled by the time I get home so, I'll try to do it sober'er next time around lol.

Maxx71 I just sent you a BBM request!
    09-19-12 11:41 AM
    I copied and pasted the files from RC6 Alpha, as I did with the other hybrids I never deleted. Isn't it you copy and replace files in the Java folder with the ones from the hybrid?

Yes copy the hybrid java over the base OS java*, and BOOM! You're good to go!

It will ask if you want to replace blah blah blah....YES TO ALL, and then you're OFFICIALLY good to go
    Last edited by sharma0702; 09-19-12 at 11:45 AM.
    09-19-12 11:42 AM
    Yes copy the hybrid java over the base OS java, and BOOM! You're good to go!

Yes I did that and loaded the hybrid onto my phone, but the radio was never installed. I did the installation twice and still got the same results.

09-19-12 11:44 AM
    Yes I did that and loaded the hybrid onto my phone, but the radio was never installed. I did the installation twice and still got the same results.

Are you sure you didn't delete anything? You go into shared/app loader/WHATEVEROSYOU'RE USING AS A BASE/java<- copy files into the java DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING
    09-19-12 11:47 AM
    Are you sure you didn't delete anything? You go into shared/app loader/WHATEVEROSYOU'RE USING AS A BASE/java<- copy files into the java DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING

I'm sure I didn't delete anything, all I did was uninstall all the other OS' on my laptop so that I had one 9360 OS' which is the .714 then I copied the files into the Java folder which asked me to replace the ones which where already in there and clicked "YES" then installed the hybrid TWICE.

09-19-12 11:52 AM
    Just_D0nny try this way now...go get your base OS [anything higher than .523] that worked best for you, install that b!tch to your computer, take which ever hybrid/java files hybrid and COPY either your java or full OS to where the base is saved onto your computer....DELETE VENDOR FILES!! shrink if you want and launch loader. Your base will look like this

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Reasearch In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9900...

Now 9900... is whatever it is you downloaded as a base, if you enter that you'll see java and UMTS...If you got the java just copy the files INTO THE JAVA

If you have the full OS version of the hybrid just copy the entire contents over to loader files under the 9900...*phew* lol no worries though, we're here to help!
    ifraser likes this.
    09-19-12 11:54 AM
    I'm sure I didn't delete anything, all I did was uninstall all the other OS' on my laptop so that I had one 9360 OS' which is the .714 then I copied the files into the Java folder which asked me to replace the ones which where already in there and clicked "YES" then installed the hybrid TWICE.

Beats the sh!t outta me....um....perhaps after getting a base os and loading the hybrid and deleting vendor files, restart your laptop? I don't know why this is causing you grief, it sucks.
    ifraser likes this.
    09-19-12 11:58 AM
    Beats the sh!t outta me....um....perhaps after getting a base os and loading the hybrid and deleting vendor files, restart your laptop? I don't know why this is causing you grief, it sucks.
    Some have said that running CCleaner can help.
    sheldonbk likes this.
    09-19-12 12:03 PM

Hahaha, will try your steps though, will use RC5B2 and see what happens and maybe try out base .523 as seems like my battery is drained faster with .714.

Thank you for your help.

09-19-12 12:10 PM
10,888 ... 138139140141142 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD