I never use DM, always use loader i.e. Launch Loader from BBHTools. Never failed me yet. The only time I use DM is to sync contacts
    09-16-12 06:36 AM
    When I go to Messages > Options > Email Account Management I get an error message -

"This application has encountered an error and cannot continue"

Any suggestions?
    09-16-12 06:41 AM
    No problem here!!! Have you tried a reset?
    09-16-12 06:48 AM
    When I go to Messages > Options > Email Account Management I get an error message -

"This application has encountered an error and cannot continue"

Any suggestions?

I'm on RC5B2, and I don't have any issue with the email acct. Management, try soft/hard reset, I hope it will solve your problem.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-16-12 06:53 AM
    Don't know if it is something you guys have aimed for in the build or it was just freak conditions, but when I was out and about last night I was getting a better 3G signal in places where I usually struggle to get more than 2 bars.

Used same .sfi in this build as all previous ones.

Yes B2 has more stable signal strenght, I changed around 92 cods., IMO...over all 5B2 is more stable than 5B.

09-16-12 06:58 AM
    Why radio and Wifi off when using DM ?

I have always used DM with radio and WiFi on when doing updates and touch wood never had any issues at all.

If you Backup with the Radio on you run the risk of losing data that come in while the backup is running. So we always recommend a backup with the radio off, then restore again before you turn the radio back on at the other end.

Also if anyone was having issues with the Java only download link in my signature it has been sorted.
    09-16-12 07:42 AM
    Problem fixed thanks to TMO new security feature. I logged into my BIS on the computer but did not validate the email accounts. Then tried it again on the phone and was told I had no email services setup. It then let me validate my accounts.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 running Hybrid RC5B using Tapatalk
    ifraser likes this.
    09-16-12 07:44 AM
    Problem fixed thanks to TMO new security feature. I logged into my BIS on the computer but did not validate the email accounts. Then tried it again on the phone and was told I had no email services setup. It then let me validate my accounts.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 running Hybrid RC5B using Tapatalk
    Good stuff, That happens with my accounts every 2nd reload. You learn to live with it, I just re-enter all my passwords and the service books come in ok.
    09-16-12 07:53 AM
    Yes. Even I have experienced better signal with RC5b2 keeping Same sfi and base. Great work by the team.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    Legal Eagle, Sator and ifraser like this.
    09-16-12 08:11 AM
    I downloaded full os for 9900 BL Ultimate for OS 7 RC 5 Beta 2

Which base do I need to download and anything else I need to do except replacing the base with the download?
    09-16-12 08:19 AM
    If you are using the 9900 you can install any base and just overwrite the directory with the files from the download,

We normally suggest using 7.1.0.523 just now as the radio file is from this version, however some are finding the radio file from 7.1.0.569 works well also.

If you need any more help let us know.
    09-16-12 08:28 AM
    Thank you.

And how to understand I have the hybrid running after loading it on the phone?
    09-16-12 09:20 AM
    and is it running on your Pearl 8120!!!!!!!
    ifraser likes this.
    09-16-12 09:32 AM
    Haha,forgot to update my profile for a while
    09-16-12 09:37 AM
    Thank you.

And how to understand I have the hybrid running after loading it on the phone?
    Thats a hard one, apart from the obvious increased performance and the Battery life being better the only other way is to look at the help screen (alt aA + h) , you will be showing OS version 7.1.0.658
    sofes likes this.
    09-16-12 09:48 AM
    I'm on the T-Mobile network here in South Florida and there are some areas where my signal is poor at best. Most of the time when I go into a building I have little or no signal. This morning I went out for breakfast then to the supermarket and I had 4 out of 5 bars. Amazing! I've been thinking of terminating my service early and switch to AT&T but if this continues I just saved $200.00 in ETF.

Thanks guys.
    Legal Eagle and Sator like this.
    09-16-12 10:27 AM
    $200 between how many on here!!!! lol
    Sator and eds817 like this.
    09-16-12 10:51 AM
    Yes B2 has more stable signal strenght, I changed around 92 cods., IMO...over all 5B2 is more stable than 5B.

Well worth the effort, others are also reporting a better signal too.

Great job Sator.
    Sator and ifraser like this.
    09-16-12 10:58 AM
    Can I use this hybrid for 9350 device with base OS 7.1.0.580?

And tutorial to shrink this hybrid, (which module must be shrink, must be not)
    09-16-12 01:23 PM
    $200 between how many on here!!!! lol
    Nudge, Nudge, wink, wink, donation button lol
    09-16-12 01:26 PM

Any base higher than .523 will work, if .580 was the best for you, use it.

As per shrinking, grab a program called BBH Tool, just shrink out what you don't need. It is next to impossible to shrink anything that it not important...I'll add a screen shot of what I shrunk out.
    09-16-12 01:26 PM

If the 7.1.0.580 OS i your base of choice then install that and overwrite the Java directory using the RC5 Beta 2 files from the download.

This should work without issue.

As for what to shrink it is hard to put that into a tutorial as a lot of it is down to personal choice and common sense.

When I am shrinking i leave any apps which I normally use, remove any languages I dont need and fonts but leave the latin, times and courier fonts. In fact see screenshot picture.

Attachment 117085

Except you need a magnifying glass with my screenshot Thanks Sharma for helping also
    deezy87 and likklek like this.
    09-16-12 01:32 PM
    Any base higher than .523 will work, if .580 was the best for you, use it.

As per shrinking, grab a program called BBH Tool, just shrink out what you don't need. It is next to impossible to shrink anything that it not important...I'll add a screen shot of what I shrunk out.
    I just looking for your screenshot, on advance panel, Are it's safe to remove :
    *accessbility option
    *ota upgrade
    *enginering screen
    ??

By the way, How to add this hybrid?
    Just add to java folder without removing the base module,
    or remove all base module java folder first and then paste hybrid to it?
    09-16-12 01:39 PM
    There is a post somewhere explaining the shrink options in BBHTools. Whats safe to shrink out, and what to keep. Cant remember who posted it now, may have been Rorry or Roys ???? Apologies to whoever it is
    ifraser likes this.
    09-16-12 01:41 PM
    I just looking for your screenshot, on advance panel, Are it's safe to remove :
    *accessbility option
    *ota upgrade
    *enginering screen
    ??

By the way, How to add this hybrid?
    Just add to java folder without removing the base module,
    or remove all base module java folder first and then paste hybrid to it?
    If you are going to shrink it yourself after copying the files you could just copy the java over it but I would recommend removing all files then putting the hybrid java in.

As for removing the bits above, I dont normally do that myself but it would work. I cant see any use for them normally.

That would be rroyy btw...lol
    09-16-12 01:42 PM
10,888 ... 126127128129130 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD