I did some research and I read some are having troubles in updating to 7.1 using 9930.
    My 9930 came from verizon and it was unlock. If ever I update it to 7.1 using this hybrid, would it loose from being unlocked?
    09-10-12 06:49 AM
    Will this work on Bold 9930? Is there a chance that the unlock will be removed? Thanks.
    Hi, the Java will work on the 9930 but as you are CDMA you will need to get the base OS from your phone model,

You have the choice of 7.1.0.649 and .580 also.

As for a network lock, no that will not remove it however if you send me a PM with your IMEI and PRD number from under the battery i should be able to get an unlock code for you.
    siele likes this.
    09-10-12 06:49 AM
    I did some research and I read some are having troubles in updating to 7.1 using 9930.
    My 9930 came from verizon and it was unlock. If ever I update it to 7.1 using this hybrid, would it loose from being unlocked?
    The Unlock is related to the hardware, no the OS so if it is unlocked, then it stays unlocked.

As for the update, we havent had any reports of issues but people on att and t-mobile in the US have seen a few issues to do it the versions of OS they choose
    Last edited by ifraser; 09-10-12 at 07:28 AM.
    siele likes this.
    09-10-12 06:52 AM
    So it means if Im using only GSM, I can update from any OS 7.1?

Thank you for enlightening me, ifraser.

I really appreciate it. Thanks.
    09-10-12 07:11 AM

No can do i am afraid, your phone is a CDMA phone and will not work with the gsm UTMS file at all i am afraid.

DOwnload one of the latest 9930 Base os`s then follow the non-9900 instructions to install the hybrid.

Hope you enjoy it.
    09-10-12 07:28 AM

580 radio should work well with rc5B

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    ifraser likes this.
    09-10-12 07:34 AM
    Take a bow Zocs and all the team.

RC5B is looking like your finest work so far which makes it the best 7.1 OS that has been made.

Very grateful for all your efforts.
    BigwhiteUK, Sator, maxx71 and 2 others like this.
    09-10-12 07:44 AM
    To have no BL hybrid 7.0 is sad, I want to use 2G when i use my cellphone for call n sms
    Sator likes this.
    09-10-12 07:59 AM
    To have no BL hybrid 7.0 is sad, I want to use 2G when i use my cellphone for call n sms
    09-10-12 08:07 AM
    Take a bow Zocs and all the team.

RC5B is looking like your finest work so far which makes it the best 7.1 OS that has been made.

Very grateful for all your efforts.

I agree with you, RC5B is the best by far and it's hard to beat..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-10-12 08:16 AM
    There would be no point in using OS 7.0 as a base,

and why can you not use 2g for calls,

mine lets me lock to 2g, 3G or both in the settings.

I have a feeling it could be your network that is stopping you changing the gsm data setting.
    09-10-12 08:23 AM
    Hi All,

Have been on RC5b for almost two days but had to reinstall yesterday since the browser patch was posted.
    Here is what i have done: installed .649 as base this time alongwith RC5b with the browser patch ( Thanks Sator) and .523sfi ( smaller one), the results for me have been Phenomenal.
    I do normally have a heavy usage and batter my device for most of the day and post 14 hours off charge, i am still left with 56%.
    The changes in this OS is dramatic in context to browser speeds, being very fluidic , lightning reboots and better battery life than all RC's till date.

FYI, this time i wiped my device with BBSAK ( that was the first time i did that) and reloaded using the DM (as the app loader exe. was painfully slow and the Adreneline rush was at its peak).

Great build guys, three cheers to all who contributed.

For the 9790, as i have used it as well the .523 sfi is the best till date as compared to .569 and .649 and for base OS .569 worked out pretty well, that's just an Input for those interested.
    Last edited by maxx71; 09-10-12 at 09:02 AM.
    Sator, Legal Eagle and piziyu2005 like this.
    09-10-12 08:33 AM
    There would be no point in using OS 7.0 as a base,

and why can you not use 2g for calls,

mine lets me lock to 2g, 3G or both in the settings.

I have a feeling it could be your network that is stopping you changing the gsm data setting.
    It is network dependent, I just checked my baby brother's baby bold and he has the option of 2G and 3G separately where as my buddies are varied with network mode, hope that helps!
    ifraser likes this.
    09-10-12 08:58 AM
    Hi All,

Have been on RC5b for almost two days but had to reinstall yesterday since the browser patch was posted.
    Here is what i have done: installed .649 as base this time alongwith RC5b with the browser patch ( Thanks Sator) and .523sfi ( smaller one), the results for me have been Phenomenal.
    I do normally have a heavy usage and batter my device for most of the day and post 14 hours off charge, i am still left with 56%.
    The changes in this OS is dramatic in context to browser speeds, being very fluidic , lightning reboots and better battery life than all RC's till date.

FYI, this time i wiped my device with BBSAK ( that was the first time i did that) and reloaded using the DM (as the app loader exe. was painfully slow and the Adreneline rush was at its peak).

Great build guys, three cheers to all who contributed.

For the 9790, as i have used it as well the .523 sfi is the best as compared to .569 and .649 and base .569 worked out well, that's just an Input for those interested.
    Do you think wiping with BBSAK made a difference?
    I thought using the apploader it wipes the OS and then loads the new one so what's the point of wiping beforehand, like taking a shower before actually taking one.
    09-10-12 09:01 AM
    Do you think wiping with BBSAK made a difference?
    I thought using the apploader it wipes the OS and then loads the new one so what's the point of wiping beforehand, like taking a shower before actually taking one.
    Wiping with BBSAK is like cleaning your device of all previously loaded OS and when error .507 appears, it is more or less like a whiteboard with nothing written on it.

Though we have earlier discussed this topic on this thread and agreed to disagree, as there is no right or wrong way to get this done as long as the end user is happy with what they have.
    Legal Eagle and radi33idar like this.
    09-10-12 09:20 AM
    Wiping with BBSAK is like cleaning your device of all previously loaded OS and when error .507 appears, it is more or less like a whiteboard with nothing written on it.

Though we have earlier discussed this topic on this thread and agreed to disagree, as there is no right or wrong way to get this done as long as the end user is happy with what they have.
    I was just curious, kinda wonder if performance is better with wiping a 2nd time, back when I was using barracuda's hybrids, I'd wipe with BBSAK sometimes and other times I didn't, I didn't notice much of a difference.
    09-10-12 09:24 AM
    I agree with you, RC5B is the best by far and it's hard to beat..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    ...+1.

It�s going to be hard to beat this one up..!
    And it�s very hard to keep up with this thread! Four days out and more than 20 pages to update...?!

Many thanks to all, specially to BL Team Zocster and IFraser!
    maxx71 likes this.
    09-10-12 09:27 AM
    I was just curious, kinda wonder if performance is better with wiping a 2nd time, back when I was using barracuda's hybrids, I'd wipe with BBSAK sometimes and other times I didn't, I didn't notice much of a difference.
    No, it just wipes your device once and to restore when you use DM the process starts from loading JVM ( 2nd step post back up and erase device data), so its like having the shower once only....LOL
    Last edited by maxx71; 09-10-12 at 09:34 AM.
    ifraser and BDKira like this.
    09-10-12 09:30 AM
    No, it just wipes your device once and to restore when you use DM the process starts from loading JVM ( 2nd step post back up and erase device data), so its like having the shower once only....LOL
    Thanks =)
    Just had 2 make sure xD
    maxx71 likes this.
    09-10-12 09:32 AM
    Glad you lot enjoying. Thanks to the team

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    09-10-12 09:32 AM

Enjoying it is a huge understatement !!!

You have set yourself a massive task to make RC6 even better when the time comes !!!
    BoldAlways, maxx71 and ifraser like this.
    09-10-12 09:34 AM

In my view and i'm sure most will agree that it's the best till date, three cheers to all who made it possible
    09-10-12 09:37 AM
    Enjoying it is a huge understatement !!!

You have set yourself a massive task to make RC6 even better when the time comes !!!
    the ambition of the perfect OS
    09-10-12 09:38 AM
    just loaded RC5B
    ifraser likes this.
    09-10-12 09:42 AM
    just loaded RC5B
    Good decision, you won't regret it.

As there are so many pages in this thread, just wanted to make sure that you have not missed the brower patch kindly provided by Sator. It's a must have.
    maxx71 and Sator like this.
    09-10-12 09:45 AM
10,888 ... 105106107108109 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD