please check (click BB symbol) your apps running in the background (example; whatsapp, Line, or twitter).
    My multitasking grid consists only the default apps...anyway the battery life is not bad...it's still the same as RC19

Sent From My BlackBerry Bold 9790
    11-19-13 04:54 AM
    Thanks for this, RC20 running cool on my 9790
    aphorist likes this.
    11-19-13 07:42 AM
    Thanks, just one question for what i see to install the rom on my BB i need to have windows pc? or i can do it on a MAC?
    linux would be great
    11-19-13 01:28 PM
    linux would be great
    thanks i will instal ubuntu to that
    11-19-13 07:40 PM
    It was installed after wiping OS by BBSAK only! The issue is still there and i can see posts for 9790 running RC 20 smooth. Shall i try reinstalling the OS once more after complete bb wipe ? Is there anything that I may have possibly missed during installation, can someone share the latest RC20 download link ?

It happens to me once.. Just wait for a day or less.. Eventually they will fix it.
    Been 5-6 days, it's the same even after multiple battery pulls.
    11-20-13 12:06 AM
    Hi. Is anyone else experiencing problems with Whatsapp using RC20? Uninstalled the app multiple times. Countless battery pulls as well to no avail. The app refuses to start.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 <RC20 1098Sfi> using Tapatalk
    11-20-13 01:54 AM
    RC20 with .1098 on 9320

The steps:
    1. Uninstall old base (.1033)
    2. Download and install new base (.1098)
    3. Download and extract RC20
    4. Copy, paste and overwrite files from RC20 to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9320AllLang_v7.1.0.1098_P9.49.0.127
    5. Backup 3rd apps and Wipe 9320 using BBSAK.
    6. Delete vendor.xml in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader
    7. Run Loader.exe in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader
    8. Wait patiently until the BB completely reboot (first time boot take long time)
    9. key in BBID, Setup BBM, BIS, Emails, Wifi, Settings, Browsing etc.
    10. Do Pull Battery
    11. Reinstall 3rd apps using BBSAK
    12. Open and set all the 3rd apps
    13. Do Pull Battery
    14. Enjoy the new hybrid for 2 days
    15. Do Pull Battery

Review:
    light and responsive. browsing is snap with strong signal.
    I think overall performance is the same with RC19, but RC19 safe more battery compare to RC20

Note:
    Everytime I install new app, the battery drain faster. But a Pull Battery solves it.

Thanks again for Sator and BL Team.
    We appreciate much your efforts...
    11-20-13 02:24 AM
    It was installed after wiping OS by BBSAK only! The issue is still there and i can see posts for 9790 running RC 20 smooth. Shall i try reinstalling the OS once more after complete bb wipe ? Is there anything that I may have possibly missed during installation, can someone share the latest RC20 download link ?

Been 5-6 days, it's the same even after multiple battery pulls.
    It's better to wipe your phone with BBHtool and reinstall the OS, you can find RC2o download link on the first page.

Sent from my SM-T311 using CB Forums mobile app
    aphorist likes this.
    11-20-13 03:34 AM
    Hi. Is anyone else experiencing problems with Whatsapp using RC20? Uninstalled the app multiple times. Countless battery pulls as well to no avail. The app refuses to start.
    Yes, Whatsapp is working fine with RC20. Make sure that you are using the latest version & have BIS activated. Try this: delete whatsapp > battery pull > download it from the app world > battery pull.

If the above tip isn't helping, go to whatsapp.com from your bb browser & download direct from site.
    free_styler likes this.
    11-20-13 07:21 AM
    Hi guys! I see you have 20th release so far. I would be greatfull if you tell me the best combo for bold 9900?As I see 7.1.0.1098 + RC 20 is the option for now?Are there any releases for bold 9900? Any changes in the OS or the promise to have some features of bb10 are false? Could you say witch OS .1098 to use or it doesn' matter?
    11-20-13 07:31 AM
    It's better to wipe your phone with BBHtool and reinstall the OS, you can find RC2o download link on the first page.
    Same problem again.
    11-20-13 08:16 AM
    Hi guys! I see you have 20th release so far. I would be greatfull if you tell me the best combo for bold 9900?As I see 7.1.0.1098 + RC 20 is the option for now?Are there any releases for bold 9900? Any changes in the OS or the promise to have some features of bb10 are false? Could you say witch OS .1098 to use or it doesn' matter?
    Hi. As mentioned earlier by Sator, you can use .1098, .1047, .1033 or .861. These are all compatible with RC20. I am using .1098 with my 9900 but Im thinking of changing to .1047 because I have lost the ability to switch to only 2g option under network settings.

dark0ne_ likes this.
    11-20-13 10:15 AM
    Hi. As mentioned earlier by Sator, you can use .1098, .1047, .1033 or .861. These are all compatible with RC20. I am using .1098 with my 9900 but Im thinking of changing to .1047 because I have lost the ability to switch to only 2g option under network settings.

I have just loaded the new Hybrid and I can switch to 2g.I think you should wipe and reinstall.
    11-20-13 01:30 PM

Sator what is the difference in wiping with BBSAK or BBHTOOL?Is it true that BBM is free from BIS even on os 7.1 devices?
    Last edited by dark0ne_; 11-20-13 at 01:50 PM.
    11-20-13 01:37 PM
    Sator what is the difference in wiping with BBSAK or BBHTOOL?Is it true that BBM is free from BIS even on os 7.1 devices?
    BBSAK hasn't been updated to work with 7.1, BBH tools is updated. You don't need BIS to run BBM on OS10 but still need BIS for the BBOS

dark0ne_ likes this.
    11-20-13 07:19 PM
    Wait, i thought the 2g 3g option is network specific. from all the hybrids i have been trying i have not yet gotten one that has given me the 2G ONLY option. its either plain 3G or 2G aka EDGE and 3G in which it will revert to 3G where there is signal and down to 2G when there isn't. Also can i request the link to "triple delete" think that was the name. used to work wonders for wiping the SFI.
    11-21-13 03:29 AM
    Wait, i thought the 2g 3g option is network specific. from all the hybrids i have been trying i have not yet gotten one that has given me the 2G ONLY option. its either plain 3G or 2G aka EDGE and 3G in which it will revert to 3G where there is signal and down to 2G when there isn't. Also can i request the link to "triple delete" think that was the name. used to work wonders for wiping the SFI.
    yes, 2G or 3G option is network specific, I used an unlock Dakota with no Carrier's Logo, I had EDGE, 2G&3G and 3G only. Triple wipe doesn't wipe the SFI, it does multiple wipe (3 times), Full erase is the one that wipes the SFI and the Intro Video.
    11-21-13 03:59 AM
    The original os from my carrier (Mtn South Africa) had 2g, 3g, 2g/3g. When i install the .1098 Sfi (Carrier:O2 UK), I loose the 2g only option.
    I am only aware of the O2 UK .1098 download. Is there any other .1098 OS from a different carrier that someone has tried and can confirm the 2g only option under network settings. Thanks for any assistance..

11-21-13 06:56 AM
    BBSAK hasn't been updated to work with 7.1, BBH tools is updated. You don't need BIS to run BBM on OS10 but still need BIS for the BBOS

Somehow I am working with BBSAAK and it wipes my bold?
    11-21-13 10:52 AM
    Somehow I am working with BBSAAK and it wipes my bold?
    Yes it does wipe os 7.1 but not as good as bbhtools, also for injecting multiple java cods, some times it fails, bbhtool or bbbos is better then bbsak.

11-21-13 10:57 AM
    Hi Sator

See post #10486

Seems like aphorist has not solved his BBM issue, I'm all out of ideas, any suggestions from you would be much appreciated.

Legal
    aphorist and Sator like this.
    11-21-13 11:09 AM
    Hi Sator

See post #10486

Seems like aphorist has not solved his BBM issue, I'm all out of ideas, any suggestions from you would be much appreciated.

Legal
    Thank you dear legal eagle.

Tried reinstalling, all same. Tried using another BBID also. Everything cool except BBM.
    Error msg : "Cannot access BBM services. Check that your device date & time is correctly set, and try again. "
    11-21-13 12:09 PM

Tried reinstalling, all same. Tried using another BBID also. Everything cool except BBM.
    Error msg : "Cannot access BBM services. Check that your device date & time is correctly set, and try again. "
    Just currious, did your device actually show the correct date and time?
    Coz once i experience that my device don't show the correct time after hybrding.
    It was happen when i turn off all the signal (suggested by other forum) before hybriding. And when it was done, the device shown the time before it was hybridize. It was about 5-10 minutes late. I wait for a whole day assuming that the time will synchronize by it self (I put to automatically synchronize in the setting). but I was wrong. I connect the device with BDM when it usually synchronize time with the PC. it was still late. I checked the device setting and it actually shown that the device time was different with the network's time. After 2 days of frustration. I hybridized the device again with the signal on, and somehow the device shown the correct time after hybriding.
    11-21-13 09:44 PM

Hi aphorist, is your BIS actived ? if yes try to check your time zone (click clock>set time, and set: update time automatic, check your time zone and set manually if it's not correct, set auto update time zone: automatic and save), and then turn your device off, pull your battery out and take out your sim card for a moment, and then put your sim card and battery back, and try to setup BBM again after your phone is on idle (not busy indexing). I hope it will solve your problem.
    sennayan and aphorist like this.
    11-21-13 09:46 PM
    Yes it does wipe os 7.1 but not as good as bbhtools, also for injecting multiple java cods, some times it fails, bbhtool or bbbos is better then bbsak.

So do I need to wipe it with bbhtools?I gues there will be difference?It might clear more storage?
    11-22-13 10:14 AM
10,888 ... 418419420421422 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD