I never update application in my hybrid phone...coz I'm happy with it...maybe other person can answer your question...
    aphorist likes this.
    11-14-13 07:44 PM
    I normally install Whatsapp, Evernote, Opera, Ucbrowser & ScreenGrabber. Is it all fine to install all these & update regularly ? (always got 102 or other JVM errors though )
    11-15-13 11:22 AM
    I normally install Whatsapp, Evernote, Opera, Ucbrowser & ScreenGrabber. Is it all fine to install all these & update regularly ? (always got 102 or other JVM errors though )
    Running the Hybrid OS should not affect the installation of apps.

Before you install Opera, give the standard browser a try, the Hybrid OS improves it's performance from stock quite considerably.

If you do get any errors post details of the problem on here and I am sure that Sator will give you any advice you need.
    aphorist likes this.
    11-15-13 12:11 PM
    Surely, above all I'm overwhelmed by the humility of everyone here. Highly appreciable.

Thanks a lot for putting in so much time for others.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    11-15-13 12:45 PM
    Followed instructions and Installed the OS. Don't know whether its the same browser BB releases or not, its simply superb & I'm not thinking about installing other browsers as of now.

The Hybrid is all cool. But BBM is showing some error (maybe just for me), BerryLicio.us Ultimate hybrid for most OS 7.1 devices-screen_20131116_143359.jpg
    Kindly guide me to get it right.
    11-16-13 03:21 AM
    Followed instructions and Installed the OS. Don't know whether its the same browser BB releases or not, its simply superb & I'm not thinking about installing other browsers as of now.

The Hybrid is all cool. But BBM is showing some error (maybe just for me), Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen_20131116_143359.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	124.3 KB 
ID:	221358
    Kindly guide me to get it right.
    Have you try set up the date and time before setting up the BBM? or using wifi?
    aphorist likes this.
    11-16-13 03:57 AM
    Tried both already, the error is still there.
    11-16-13 04:44 AM
    Tried both already, the error is still there.
    I think theres a problem with BBM server.. i hope so.. i got those error once.. i have to wait at least a day..

maybe you can try revert to older version or try the bbm beta.. good luck dude.

Edit: Is your BlackBerry Connected to BIS?
    11-16-13 05:32 AM
    Thanks buddy. But trying not to uninstall & go back to older OS if I can do so.

BIS is activated, and tried every possible trick available (from google). It's the same. I'm just waiting for legal eagle, sator, zocster & other seniors to guide through.
    11-16-13 06:07 AM
    Thanks buddy. But trying not to uninstall & go back to older OS if I can do so.

BIS is activated, and tried every possible trick available (from google). It's the same. I'm just waiting for legal eagle, sator, zocster & other seniors to guide through.
    You don't need to uninstall the entire OS, you can just uninstall BBM from App Management, do a battery pull, reinstall from App World, do battery pull and see if that sorts your issue.

Good to hear that you are finding the Hybrid browser to your liking.

EDIT

I have been skipping through CB and noticed a few people on various devices complaining about BBM so it may be a BBM issue and not your phone.
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 11-16-13 at 08:47 AM.
    aphorist, imadorkx and Sator like this.
    11-16-13 07:18 AM
    You don't need to uninstall the entire OS, you can just uninstall BBM from App Management, do a battery pull, reinstall from App World, do battery pull and see if that sorts your issue.
    Unfortunately, that didn't solve my issue. How to fix BBM in this case ?
    11-16-13 11:11 AM
    Unfortunately, that didn't solve my issue. How to fix BBM in this case ?
    See my edit to an earlier post, it may actually not be a fault with your phone but a BBM issue

http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...00000545.pngIs it just me but is bbm down?

Picked this up in a BB10 thread earlier.

You could also try posting a query in the BBM Forum where I suspect the BBM experts lurk. I don't use it myself so it's not really my area of expertise.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bbm-central-f403/
    aphorist and zocster like this.
    11-16-13 11:16 AM
    Sure, will keep posted about it here.
    11-16-13 12:08 PM
    Sure, will keep posted about it here.
    It happens to me once.. just wait for a day or less.. eventually they will fix it.
    11-16-13 12:43 PM
    Has anyone else experienced a kind of "shelf life" on these installs? I notice that my phone starts to bugger up after a few weeks.

Not complaining, just asking a question.
    11-17-13 09:01 AM
    Has anyone else experienced a kind of "shelf life" on these installs? I notice that my phone starts to bugger up after a few weeks.

Not complaining, just asking a question.
    I've not had that problem on 9900 or on 9720, both had earlier rc for 6 months or so !

Just updated bold9900 to rc20 - definitely noticing better signal and browser seems snappier.

As the 9720 is my daughters I'm sure I'd have heard if it was crashy or buggered up.

I have previously found certain apps (regardless of OS - official or hybrid) kill the phone - imo.im was notorious for me - desperate for a skype client for even chat, im+ seems better.

My bold 9900 has gone 'nuclear' 3 times - basically cooks itself flat, battery gets super hot - did it with stock rom some glitch in the phone / os in general - never found the cause!

Regards

Damian
    11-17-13 02:03 PM
    i'm new at the blackberry roms and i see in other post that this custom rom should work in my BB 9220
    if it is possible anyone could help me to install that ?

thanks
    11-17-13 05:55 PM
    RC19 runs better than the new one in my 9790!!
    11-17-13 09:07 PM
    i'm new at the blackberry roms and i see in other post that this custom rom should work in my BB 9220
    if it is possible anyone could help me to install that ?

thanks
    use the latest OS .1033 for your 9220, you can install RC19 or RC20 (the latest hybrid frm BL), and read the first page for youir guidance...
    11-17-13 10:30 PM
    RC19 runs better than the new one in my 9790!!
    RC19 is a great build, RC20 is smoother......always wipe your phone before you install a new OS in order to have your phone's best performance.
    clie610 and Kevin Lim like this.
    11-17-13 10:34 PM
    Agreed that RC20 is smoother on my 9790, everything is faster except the battery life XD

Sent From My BlackBerry Bold 9790
    11-18-13 06:05 AM
    Which rc20 version is better please? 1098 sfi only or the multi one?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-18-13 12:17 PM
    Agreed that RC20 is smoother on my 9790, everything is faster except the battery life XD

Sent From My BlackBerry Bold 9790
    please check (click BB symbol) your apps running in the background (example; whatsapp, Line, or twitter).
    11-18-13 11:13 PM
    Which rc20 version is better please? 1098 sfi only or the multi one?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Both are the same build...
    Uzi likes this.
    11-18-13 11:14 PM
    use the latest OS .1033 for your 9220, you can install RC19 or RC20 (the latest hybrid frm BL), and read the first page for youir guidance...
    Thanks, just one question for what i see to install the rom on my BB i need to have windows pc? or i can do it on a MAC?
    11-19-13 04:14 AM
10,888 ... 417418419420421 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD