Yes I did a fresh install of all apps. Im thinking the culprit could be WhatsApp or Viber even though I usually Exit out of both when not in use. I will do a wipe and clean install later and see if that helps. Also, when i did a backup before I used BBSAK to back up my apps so I would know which ones to reinstall, could that have anything to do with it?
    Check your whatsapp's settings, set save chats never or on memory card and media on memory card, always delete old chats/recent updates/caches (whatsapp, BBM chats/groups, Viber etc.)
    Jandrsn36 likes this.
    09-30-13 08:15 PM
    I posted about this in the 9900 forum, but I should have just come straight here. I've had the problem of the phone getting app error 601 when using desktop services to view the installed applications. The problem started quite a while ago, and has been around through several os installs and using different computers, so it must be the phone. Since there is a new OS out, I'm thinking of installing it and I'd like to try and fix this problem at the same time. I haven't wiped the phone for a while, but I was wondering if I should use the regular wipe or something more "heavy duty" like triple wipe. Anyone else experience this problem? If so, what was the fix? Any suggestions which type of wipe to use? I will probably install .1047 and run it for a while, then install this hybrid over top. Thanks in advance.
    10-01-13 12:38 AM
    I posted about this in the 9900 forum, but I should have just come straight here. I've had the problem of the phone getting app error 601 when using desktop services to view the installed applications. The problem started quite a while ago, and has been around through several os installs and using different computers, so it must be the phone. Since there is a new OS out, I'm thinking of installing it and I'd like to try and fix this problem at the same time. I haven't wiped the phone for a while, but I was wondering if I should use the regular wipe or something more "heavy duty" like triple wipe. Anyone else experience this problem? If so, what was the fix? Any suggestions which type of wipe to use? I will probably install .1047 and run it for a while, then install this hybrid over top. Thanks in advance.
    If I were you I will use triple wipe, backup your data, do a factory reset, wipe your phone with triple wipe, do a clean install and also do a selective restore (delete:unimportant data files: apps. permission, call logs/history/recent calls, purge messages, attachments etc.), and finally isntall all your apps.
    10-01-13 01:03 AM
    If I were you I will use triple wipe, backup your data, do a factory reset, wipe your phone with triple wipe, do a clean install and also do a selective restore (delete:unimportant data files: apps. permission, call logs/history/recent calls, purge messages, attachments etc.), and finally isntall all your apps.
    Thanks for the reply. Are there any instructions for using triple wipe? Does it make any difference that my phone uses BES? Also, I searched back in the thread and noticed that you mentioned full erase. What's the difference between full erase and triple wipe?
    10-01-13 02:17 AM
    Thanks for the reply. Are there any instructions for using triple wipe? Does it make any difference that my phone uses BES? Also, I searched back in the thread and noticed that you mentioned full erase. What's the difference between full erase and triple wipe?
    If we wanna use triple wipe, connect our phone to PC, click run triple wipe and then wait until it's finished (disapperar), the difference is that full erase also wipe the start up video, if you wanna put the video back, you can install it back when you load.your next OS and the process is also takes a lil bit longer than triple wipe, since full erase also being used to solve 75% stuck booting.
    flyingsolid likes this.
    10-01-13 06:46 AM
    Where can I get "Full Erase"? THank you
    anon5913172 likes this.
    10-01-13 09:33 AM
    Google is your friend.
    ifraser likes this.
    10-01-13 09:42 AM
    If we wanna use triple wipe, connect our phone to PC, click run triple wipe and then wait until it's finished (disapperar), the difference is that full erase also wipe the start up video, if you wanna put the video back, you can install it back when you load.your next OS and the process is also takes a lil bit longer than triple wipe, since full erase also being used to solve 75% stuck booting.
    Thanks Sator. I will try triple wipe. I hope it fixes the problem.
    10-01-13 09:43 AM
    here you go: https://app.box.com/s/ma45hin6ncxi7wfqs780
    Full erase V2.1 (Xp 32 bit)
    10-01-13 10:25 AM
    Google is your friend.
    No it is not. I tried and went on all kinds of tangents.
    10-01-13 12:09 PM
    here you go: https://app.box.com/s/ma45hin6ncxi7wfqs780
    Full erase V2.1 (Xp 32 bit)
    Sator, thank you!
    10-01-13 12:10 PM
    I installed .1047 on my PC and shrank it. Then I backed up my phone. I tried running triple wipe and it set off the anti-virus software, so I tried full erase. Not such a good idea. (In fact, maybe I should be more emphatic: USE FULL ERASE AT YOUR OWN RISK.) I followed the prompts, "hit key to continue", ... and when it finally exited, my phone was doing a double blink. I tried to reload the OS using desktop services and for some reason, it installed a blackberry software updater on my PC, which directly installed .1047 unshrunk on my phone. After that, the desktop software was not happy with the inconsistent configuration so it did another update of the OS. After that was done, it still wasn't happy so wanted to do the update again, and so on. This did not end, so I removed the device software, re-shrunk it, wiped the phone with bbhtools and reinstalled the OS. Of course, when desktop services installed the software updater, it rebooted my PC, dropping the vpn so desktop services could not connect with the BES over the network. Since the OS was wiped, I no longer have the software token on the phone to get back on the vpn, so the enterprise activation wouldn't start. Sigh. After reinstalling the OS, desktop services was still not happy. I looked at the details and it seems to be indicating that there is no SFI installed. I don't see how the phone could be working if there is no sfi.

UPDATE: After trying a couple of updates, which don't seem to work, desktop services is still reporting that the module rim0x07001204.sfi is not installed and that version 5.1.0.695 is available to install. It tries to update this, but not successfully. Anyone know how to fix this?
    Last edited by bimmerdriver; 10-02-13 at 02:42 AM.
    10-02-13 01:13 AM
    I installed .1047 on my PC and shrank it. Then I backed up my phone. I tried running triple wipe and it set off the anti-virus software, so I tried full erase. Not such a good idea. (In fact, maybe I should be more emphatic: USE FULL ERASE AT YOUR OWN RISK.) I followed the prompts, "hit key to continue", ... and when it finally exited, my phone was doing a double blink. I tried to reload the OS using desktop services and for some reason, it installed a blackberry software updater on my PC, which directly installed .1047 unshrunk on my phone. After that, the desktop software was not happy with the inconsistent configuration so it did another update of the OS. After that was done, it still wasn't happy so wanted to do the update again, and so on. This did not end, so I removed the device software, re-shrunk it, wiped the phone with bbhtools and reinstalled the OS. Of course, when desktop services installed the software updater, it rebooted my PC, dropping the vpn so desktop services could not connect with the BES over the network. Since the OS was wiped, I no longer have the software token on the phone to get back on the vpn, so the enterprise activation wouldn't start. Sigh. After reinstalling the OS, desktop services was still not happy. I looked at the details and it seems to be indicating that there is no SFI installed. I don't see how the phone could be working if there is no sfi.

UPDATE: After trying a couple of updates, which don't seem to work, desktop services is still reporting that the module rim0x07001204.sfi is not installed and that version 5.1.0.695 is available to install. It tries to update this, but not successfully. Anyone know how to fix this?
    this are the steps:
    1. Turn your Radio and data connection Off (until you've finished the installation) and connect your phone to your PC, open BDM and Backup your Data
    2. Do a security wipe frm your phone
    3. Wipe your phone with BBHtools or triple wipe (no worries, triple wipe will make your device blinks)
    4. Go to: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader, use App. loader instead of BDM to load your OS, click LOADER....
    5. make sure you click the apps (boxes) that you wanna install, and click next....
    6. when it"s done (do not disconnect your device), close app loader and open BDM to do a selectives restore....
    7. when the selective restore is done, disconnect your device, do a batt pull....after reboot, turn your radio and data connection on.....
    ifraser and flyingsolid like this.
    10-02-13 04:03 AM
    i always use full erase before any installation and never faced any problem.
    10-02-13 10:58 AM
    this are the steps:
    1. Turn your Radio and data connection Off (until you've finished the installation) and connect your phone to your PC, open BDM and Backup your Data
    2. Do a security wipe frm your phone
    3. Wipe your phone with BBHtools or triple wipe (no worries, triple wipe will make your device blinks)
    4. Go to: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader, use App. loader instead of BDM to load your OS, click LOADER....
    5. make sure you click the apps (boxes) that you wanna install, and click next....
    6. when it"s done (do not disconnect your device), close app loader and open BDM to do a selectives restore....
    7. when the selective restore is done, disconnect your device, do a batt pull....after reboot, turn your radio and data connection on.....
    Thanks for your reply. As I said, I can't run triple wipe because my anti-virus software thinks it has a virus or Trojan. For some reason, there is no such problem with full erase. Do you know if there is a work-around for this? Also, when the OS is installed, the radio gets automatically turned on.
    10-02-13 12:47 PM
    Thanks for your reply. As I said, I can't run triple wipe because my anti-virus software thinks it has a virus or Trojan. For some reason, there is no such problem with full erase. Do you know if there is a work-around for this? Also, when the OS is installed, the radio gets automatically turned on.
    Turn your anti-virus software completely off first. Back up all necessary data then run triple wipe (or full erase). When you click to run one of those 2 software your phone will start being erased. It will end up with black screen and blinking red led. Keep your cable connected and run the loader.exe to load your new os. It will recognise your phone without any problems.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Sator and flyingsolid like this.
    10-02-13 01:43 PM
    Turn your anti-virus software completely off first. Back up all necessary data then run triple wipe (or full erase). When you click to run one of those 2 software your phone will start being erased. It will end up with black screen and blinking red led. Keep your cable connected and run the loader.exe to load your new os. It will recognise your phone without any problems.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I can't turn it off. If I could have turned if off, I would have used triple wipe instead of full wipe in the first place.
    10-02-13 02:03 PM
    i always use full erase before any installation and never faced any problem.
    Does full erase ask you to press a key to continue several times before it completes? I was not clear whether it was finished or not until it exited. It seemed to do the same thing each time I pressed a key to continue. Is that the normal behavior?
    10-02-13 03:17 PM
    Does full erase ask you to press a key to continue several times before it completes? I was not clear whether it was finished or not until it exited. It seemed to do the same thing each time I pressed a key to continue. Is that the normal behavior?
    yes it does asks me to press a key to continue several tiles and when the process is complete it shuts down automatically without any warning
    Sator likes this.
    10-02-13 07:16 PM
    bad news, i dropped my phone in a cup o coffee, right now i have out it in the rice and while travelling home i was holding it in front of the heater of the car, if it dosent boot up i may have to jump the ship now with z10 or iphone 5 in few hours.
    anon5913172 and ifraser like this.
    10-02-13 07:37 PM
    yes, the radio gets automatically turn on, but the data connection stills off. This method will avoid us frm BBM group rejoin (it won't work if we do a sec wipe)
    10-02-13 07:47 PM
    bad news, i dropped my phone in a cup o coffee, right now i have out it in the rice and while travelling home i was holding it in front of the heater of the car, if it dosent boot up i may have to jump the ship now with z10 or iphone 5 in few hours.
    That's bad.....I also dropped my Z10 a few weeks ago and the LCD screen cracked, so I'm waiting for the new Z30. Go for the Z10...hahahaha, now it's pretty solid with the latest OS Leaked.
    10-02-13 08:16 PM
    I hope you rinsed it with water before drying it.
    10-03-13 01:24 AM
    yes it does asks me to press a key to continue several tiles and when the process is complete it shuts down automatically without any warning
    Okay, that's the way it worked for me also. I guess it ran properly. No idea what caused the reload to get messed up, other than desktop services. Thanks for the reply.
    10-03-13 01:27 AM
    Sorry to ask an off-topic question, but maybe someone knows the answer. When I reloaded the OS, made the mistake of starting to activate it before restoring the messages. As a result, I have emails on the phone that are not in the back up. I can't seem to restore the original emails without the new ones getting removed. There used to be a tool called abc amber ipd merger that would merge multiple backup files, but it's no longer available. Does anyone know of another way to either merge backup files or load a backup without removing existing data?

Also, after all of this, my phone still randomly crashes when I desktop services displays the applications. I'm looking forward to leaving this dying platform.
    anon5913172 likes this.
    10-03-13 01:33 AM
10,888 ... 408409410411412 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD