With the 9720 os leaked, how about creating a hybrid out of that OS.

Posted via CB10
    * THIS

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 10:23 PM
    Santer , LE.
    Yesterday i have already install RC18, but i have found that the chinese language in my bb cannot be display. I have shrunk os without selecting english uk, chinese and German (must be selecteds system default). In apploader i select chinese language . Please give me some tips please.
    You have to use language folder that comes with RC 18.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    Kevin Lim likes this.
    08-05-13 11:17 PM
    What app or feature do you guys use to tell you the battery discharge rate. Also, when you buy an app or apps from app world how do you wipe and upgrade the os and get it back? Do you just re-download it like the free ones?
    08-05-13 11:32 PM
    You have to use language folder that comes with RC 18.

Thanks chief, I did copy the language file into 1033 os. The last R17 i did the same but i did not use bbtool to shrink and i can have language desire. This time i use bbtool for R18 but language cant be display.please see sample attached
    08-06-13 12:26 AM
    Thanks chief, I did copy the language file into 1033 os. The last R17 i did the same but i did not use bbtool to shrink and i can have language desire. This time i use bbtool for R18 but language cant be display.please see sample attached

So you're using OS base .1033 and .1033 sfi? If yes, it should be no problem.
    08-06-13 12:30 AM
    BerryLicio.us Ultimate hybrid for most OS 7.1 devices-language.jpg

This in the option/typing and language
    08-06-13 12:30 AM
    So you're using OS base .1033 and .1033 sfi? If yes, it should be no problem.
    OS V1033 + RC18 ( java extract + language )
    08-06-13 12:34 AM
    OS V1033 + RC18 ( java extract + language )
    I think accidentally you shrunk some of the languages cods. out.

Last edited by Sator; 08-06-13 at 03:10 AM.
    Kevin Lim likes this.
    08-06-13 01:10 AM
    Why is there so much complexity on wiping a BB?

Can you not just do a full erase?

It seems the BB have many mechanisms for storing info in places the normal erase and wipes do not do in one go.
    I Second your point and 100% Agree with you... West Minist

Just run a full cycle of BlackBerry Erase and I don't think there is anything stronger or better in the current market to wipe/format any of these BB Devices then BlackBerry Erase, like the one Mr Sator, has uploaded for all users to use...

Again Very Good Point West Minist...
    Kevin Lim likes this.
    08-06-13 09:30 AM
    I Second your point and 100% Agree with you... West Minist

Just run a full cycle of BlackBerry Erase and I don't think there is anything stronger or better in the current market to wipe/format any of these BB Devices then BlackBerry Erase, like the one Mr Sator, has uploaded for all users to use...

Again Very Good Point West Minist...
    Yes, but even then, look at the recommendations. Wipe and then full erase.

Another recommendation also advice "kinda" full erase every once in a while.

From the erase terminologies being highlighted, there have to be other mechanism in the BB that the programs don't touch.

Sabor or anyone, can you chime in?

Is BB10 like this
    Kevin Lim likes this.
    08-06-13 06:56 PM
    Yes, but even then, look at the recommendations. Wipe and then full erase.

Another recommendation also advice "kinda" full erase every once in a while.

From the erase terminologies being highlighted, there have to be other mechanism in the BB that the programs don't touch.

Sabor or anyone, can you chime in?

Is BB10 like this
    I use 3 tools, BBHtool, Triple wipe, and Full erase. I use BBHtool when I'm lazy or in the hurry, mostly I use Triple wipe and I use Full erase only once in a while. If we use Full erase it's not necessary for us to use Triple wipe since Full erase is a complete tool, it also does Factory reset, it means we will rejoin our ввм� groups.

Kevin Lim likes this.
    08-06-13 07:59 PM
    I use 3 tools, BBHtool, Triple wipe, and Full erase. I use BBHtool when I'm lazy or in the hurry, mostly I use Triple wipe and I use Full erase only once in a while. If we use Full erase it's not necessary for us to use Triple wipe since Full erase is a complete tool, it also does Factory reset, it means we will rejoin our ввм� groups.

Hi Sator,

I have been using BBSAK - have not had any issues - do you think BBHTools is better than SAK - and do you think Triple Wipe is even better than BBHTools to use before loading a new OS?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    08-06-13 08:28 PM
    Hi Sator,

I have been using BBSAK - have not had any issues - do you think BBHTools is better than SAK - and do you think Triple Wipe is even better than BBHTools to use before loading a new OS?

Hi Don, personally I like BBHtool better than bbsak since it's been updated to work with OS 7.1, and I like Triple wipe since it also erases SFI file.

Kevin Lim likes this.
    08-06-13 09:26 PM
    Hi Don, personally I like BBHtool better than bbsak since it's been updated to work with OS 7.1, and I like Triple wipe since it also erases SFI file.

Is Triple Wipe difficult to use? And is there any increased danger of nuking or bricking (I have a corporate device and they don't know I do hybrids - would be bad deal if anything happened . . )

08-06-13 09:42 PM
    Is Triple Wipe difficult to use? And is there any increased danger of nuking or bricking (I have a corporate device and they don't know I do hybrids - would be bad deal if anything happened . . )

It's easy to use Don, backup your data, run Triple wipe and wait until it's finished (your screen will be totally blacked out and flashing red light), load your new os with app.loader (check apps./options you wan to install) and do a selective restore from your backup

Kevin Lim likes this.
    08-06-13 09:59 PM
    I think accidentally you shrunk some of the languages cods. out.

chief,
    I think will reinstall again the RC18, what i notice is that after i shrunk os. There is one removed file appeared in the java file. shall i leave it or deleted it .BerryLicio.us Ultimate hybrid for most OS 7.1 devices-java.jpg
    08-06-13 11:24 PM
    It's easy to use Don, backup your data, run Triple wipe and wait until it's finished (your screen will be totally blacked out and flashing red light), load your new os with app.loader (check apps./options you wan to install) and do a selective restore from your backup

Thanks very much, Sator!!
    08-07-13 12:10 AM
    chief,
    I think will reinstall again the RC18, what i notice is that after i shrunk os. There is one removed file appeared in the java file. shall i leave it or deleted it .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	java.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	190291
    There is a removed folder inside the java folder after you shrunk the OS with bbhtool, you can leave the folder there.

Kevin Lim likes this.
    08-07-13 12:29 AM
    Has anyone looked at the leaked 9720 OS?
    Surprisingly, It is an autoloader.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 12:30 AM
    Has anyone looked at the leaked 9720 OS?
    Surprisingly, It is an autoloader.

Posted via CB10
    I haven't downloaded yet, and yes its an autoloader.

08-07-13 01:43 AM
    Hi all,
    2 days ago I installed RC18 (BL Ultimate 1st Anniversary) on my 9900,
    it boots up quicker and locked on network quicker as well,
    but there is no improvement in battery life. its exactly the same as FOS 7.1.0.923
    anyone else experienced the same? thanks
    Last edited by icedgorilla; 08-07-13 at 04:02 AM.
    08-07-13 03:50 AM
    icedgorilla,
    You have to do battery pull between 6hours apart, In a few days it will settle down.
    08-07-13 04:23 AM
    hey everyone...I'm new to this whole thing...and of course I'm having some problems with the install. I've tried the install twice with the same results - getting "uncaught exception" errors just after the first boot after the hour glass icon. I'm hoping someone can help me out here...I've searched this thread on what I may be doing wrong but could not find any answers.

I'm using a Bold 9900 on the Rogers network....7.1 Bundle 2108 (v7.1.0.746, Platform 5.1.0.546).

Using these instructions: http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...hybrid-750854/

I downloaded this BL: BL Ultimate 1st Anniversary for .9xx & .10xx sfi

Is this the right BL to use with my device? What is an SFI? what does that mean?

I apologize for the questions here...which are possibly repeated....very new this "hybrid OS" but also very interested in trying it!! Thanks in advance!!!
    08-07-13 09:55 PM
    Okay first of all, your current OS will not work with RC19. So download the latest OS for 9900 here

Install that file on your computer, deleting the 7.1.0.746 one.

A SFI is the file on the UMTS folder of the OS.

Follow that steps and you're ready to go.
    Sator, Kevin Lim and Dino DaCosta like this.
    08-07-13 10:40 PM
    just in case you want a mega link for the 9720 autoloader.
    i tried to extract it, but could not.
    https://mega.co.nz/#!OdxikZxQ!JkCAPH...vC4LdL5iMM9Pxg

I haven't downloaded yet, and yes its an autoloader.

Sator likes this.
    08-07-13 10:50 PM
10,888 ... 393394395396397 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD