Hey guys,

First off I want to thank you for your continued support for my awesome 9900.

I'm having a weird issue that started when I loaded RC16 over OS. 991. Whenever the battery would reach about 40 or 30 percent, it would immediately jump down to 2% and the radios would turn off. I lived with this for a few weeks trying to see if it would resolve itself,but it didn't. So I decided to upgrade to RC18 over .1033. Same problem, only worse. Now the battery is draining considerably faster and dying at 40-50%.

I'm not sure if this is a hardware or software issue for me, so any help would be appreciated.

And honestly, I'm willing to live with the bad battery because my phone is so much faster with this hybrid.

Thanks
    08-01-13 01:39 PM
    Guys what the F is goin on here? What is hybrid ?Which one am I going to download? I have a BB 9900 with v.7.1.0.1033 which one am I gonna download? Damn CONFUSED :S
    Take a DEEP BREATH, and calm down....good to go?

A hybrid OS is a mixture of various files optimized to make your device run like it was on horse steroids....many benefits such as quick GPS, signal, wifi locking, and of course the battery life [depending on your usage, apps, etc]

Now drink some cold water and breathe in through your nose, and out of your mouth for about a minute or two.

Navigate your stressed self to PAGE ONE of this thread...easy, right?

Now you're going to scroll down and look for BL Ultimate 1st Anniversary, here is a link if the process seems too painful BL Ultimate 1st Anniversary for .9xx & .10xx SFI.rar

Now I really hope you know what to do from here on out, good luck kiddo! There are also steps in loading on....wait for it.....PAGE ONE OF THIS THREAD

Hey guys,

I'm having a weird issue that started when I loaded RC16 over OS. 991. Whenever the battery would reach about 40 or 30 percent, it would immediately jump down to 2% and the radios would turn off. I lived with this for a few weeks trying to see if it would resolve itself,but it didn't. So I decided to upgrade to RC18 over .1033. Same problem, only worse. Now the battery is draining considerably faster and dying at 40-50%.

I'm not sure if this is a hardware or software issue for me, so any help would be appreciated.

And honestly, I'm willing to live with the bad battery because my phone is so much faster with this hybrid.

Thanks
    Mr. Skyline!

Sad to hear, and it seems your battery may be nearing the end of its life....get a new battery. When I used the 9900 I always had a full charged battery on me at all times!

Depending on where you are and where you look, you can get a new one for relatively cheap, I found one for $20 Canadian, not too shabby!

The hybrid performance won't change because your battery is fried, just get a new one and you'll be a happy camper!
    Kevin Lim, Sator, JC61 and 2 others like this.
    08-01-13 01:53 PM
    Hey guys,

Thanks
    Sounds more like a software issue, it's incorrectly displaying the battery levels. Have you checked with BBDA what's causing this? It could be an app. Does your battery drain at a normal rate to 40 percent and then drop? Or can you use it the entire day and then it drops?

Depending on which is which it's either hardware or software.
    Try a full wipe and a reinstall with the hybrid, if it's still occuring, it's time for a new battery... or a BB10 phone
    08-01-13 01:56 PM
    Sounds more like a software issue, it's incorrectly displaying the battery levels. Have you checked with BBDA what's causing this? It could be an app. Does your battery drain at a normal rate to 40 percent and then drop? Or can you use it the entire day and then it drops?

Depending on which is which it's either hardware or software.
    Try a full wipe and a reinstall with the hybrid, if it's still occuring, it's time for a new battery... or a BB10 phone
    Hey wout000, I recall having issues similar with battery problems, upon the BBDA analysis and all that jazz, I had a sh1tty battery.

But thanks for pointing that out, I overlooked that in my other post lol *d'oh!*

Also the Q10 is not a bad device at all.... *hint, hint*
    08-01-13 01:59 PM
    Hey wout000, I recall having issues similar with battery problems, upon the BBDA analysis and all that jazz, I had a sh1tty battery.

But thanks for pointing that out, I overlooked that in my other post lol *d'oh!*

Also the Q10 is not a bad device at all.... *hint, hint*
    Thanks for the help, guys. BBDA is giving me no clues as to what's causing the problem, so I fear Sharma might be right. I only need my 9900 to last until March when my contract expires and I can get a BB10 phone.
    08-01-13 02:24 PM
    Thanks for the help, guys. BBDA is giving me no clues as to what's causing the problem, so I fear Sharma might be right. I only need my 9900 to last until March when my contract expires and I can get a BB10 phone.
    I'm sure you'll be able to find a cheap battery, brand new as well.

I was at a mall and asked some dude in a kiosk where I might be able to find a battery for my 9900. It was an old man that did watch repairs and sold those calling cards lol. $20 later I was happy, gave it to me sealed with the sticker intact and all. Worst case scenario if you go to a big box store, you might pay $40'ish or so.

And in MARCH?!?!?! Gosh..that's a while lol, keep the Q10 in mind!!
    Sator and sleekskyline120 like this.
    08-01-13 02:39 PM
    https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...3C6D7A522D3AE2

this is the new os 7.1.0.1033 for 9900 from O2, UK. I heard that this os is more stable than the previous (leaked?) .1033. maybe a little modification for rc 18?
    08-01-13 03:27 PM
    sharma0702 thanks for your help dude you are kind enough to tell me everything step by step.thanks again.
    only i have one question i did everything as posted.how am i supposed to know that I did it right?
    08-01-13 04:02 PM
    sharma0702 thanks for your help dude you are kind enough to tell me everything step by step.thanks again.
    only i have one question i did everything as posted.how am i supposed to know that I did it right?
    Well before the loader launches, near the top right you can view properties or something of that nature.

If you see mixture of different OS files that means you're about to load the hybrid!

Posted on my Q10SQN100-5/10.1.0.4687 - via CB10
    08-01-13 04:21 PM
    Installed 7.1.0.1011 O2 UK on my 9320 last night and it far better along with the battery life loving the build. Just thought I let you people know

I had vodafone before and that was just soo poor..
    Sator likes this.
    08-02-13 03:25 AM
    Hey guys,

Thanks
    I've been through this kind of problem. It has actually been discussed in this thread, a few pages back.

Most likely, there is a swelling/bulge in your battery pack. You should physically inspect it. If confirmed, replace your battery and you're good as new.
    08-02-13 07:43 AM
    Hi Everyone...

For all the folks who have a BlackBerry Curve, in this case it doesn't matter what model/number/series/

I suggest you get the latest and most current OS from your service provider, and use this BL Hybrid: ( BL Ultimate RC7 Beta 1)

You will be very please in the Performance for any BB Curve... with the use of the most current OS from your Service Provider, and the BL Ultimate RC7 Beta 1, there is nothing better on the Entire Internet for as far a Hybrid's go and perform, This Is Only for BlackBerry Curves...

Great Performance
    Super Battery Life
    Great Wifi-and Radio Connections

Give it a try and you will be very pleased in my findings...

PS: Keep in mind not all leaked or new BB OS'S work better, or solve all problem and performance, This BL Ultimate RC7 Beta 1 mix is outstanding and trust me, Old Hybrids like BL Ultimate RC7 Beta 1 is Top Notch! and it doesn't and I don't think you will ever get a better mix for a BlackBerry Curve...

Santers...
    08-02-13 09:30 AM
    hello everyone, there is a rom for 9720 OS7.1 https://1upshare.com/wp-login.php
    Sator likes this.
    08-02-13 09:22 PM
    hello everyone, there is a rom for 9720 OS7.1 https://1upshare.com/wp-login.php
    Thanks, and what is the OS version?, since I have no time yet to look at it, I have to register first.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    08-02-13 10:12 PM
    Hi Everyone...

For all the folks who have a BlackBerry Curve, in this case it doesn't matter what model/number/series/

I suggest you get the latest and most current OS from your service provider, and use this BL Hybrid: ( BL Ultimate RC7 Beta 1)

You will be very please in the Performance for any BB Curve... with the use of the most current OS from your Service Provider, and the BL Ultimate RC7 Beta 1, there is nothing better on the Entire Internet for as far a Hybrid's go and perform, This Is Only for BlackBerry Curves...

Great Performance
    Super Battery Life
    Great Wifi-and Radio Connections

Give it a try and you will be very pleased in my findings...

PS: Keep in mind not all leaked or new BB OS'S work better, or solve all problem and performance, This BL Ultimate RC7 Beta 1 mix is outstanding and trust me, Old Hybrids like BL Ultimate RC7 Beta 1 is Top Notch! and it doesn't and I don't think you will ever get a better mix for a BlackBerry Curve...

Santers...
    Why are you recommending RC7? We've had RC17 and anniversary edition. I assume RC7 was released early this year or even last year?

And why is it only for Curve models? So this RC7 is not for 9900/9930 devices?

And where is the download link? First page?
    anon5913172 likes this.
    08-02-13 10:33 PM
    Thanks, and what is the OS version?, since I have no time yet to look at it, I have to register first.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm sorry, its not a rom ,it looks like a factory os.BerryLicio.us Ultimate hybrid for most OS 7.1 devices-4-g-j0_khm2-nhd-wcxx.jpg
    08-02-13 11:19 PM
    I'm sorry, its not a rom ,it looks like a factory os.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4~G{}J0_KHM2@])NHD~WCXX.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	188597
    Oh Ok. I'll take a look at it when I have time, thanks...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-02-13 11:51 PM
    [QUOTE=limsandy;8939032]Why are you recommending RC7? We've had RC17 and anniversary edition. I assume RC7 was released early this year or even last year?

And why is it only for Curve models? So this RC7 is not for 9900/9930 devices?

Hi Limsandy,

Very good questions, I personally do like the older Hybrid Mixes made by Sator, and time to time I do some testing with all of Sator's old and most current Hybrid mix's

Yes for all BlackBerry Curves, please do go and down load the recommended OS from your service provider and this OS could be older or most current doesn't matter just make sure that it is from your service provider, and copy and past all the files that are in the Java folder from Sator's BL Ultimate RC7 Beta 1 and shrink only what is not needed, be careful in shrinking... ask for help from members and back up your current information that you might require and then wipe your BB Curve at least 2 to 3 times and do 1 factory reset...

You will be able to find BL Ultimate RC7 Beta 1 on the very 1st page...

I personally do like the older Hybrids for all of my current BlackBerry Devices, I really don't care about LED contact LED Lights and some little stuff like that, I like performance and battery life, and the only Hybrids that are able to do this for me are the:

BL BL Ultimate RC7 A1 Java Only for OS 7 Devices

BL Ultimate RC7 A1 for Bold 9900

BL Ultimate RC7 Beta 1

All of these RC7 Series are Gems to me!

Mr Sator, Thank you!!!

Newer BB OS's sometimes are not as good as the older BB OS's I am learning check it out yourself/yourselfs and you will agree...
    Whatever works well and performs very well keep it, that's my thoughts and vision about all of these Hybrid made by BL or others...

Let me know if you need any more assistance and Sator will always be around if you need assistance or have any questions...

And where is the download link? First page? Yes Sir, 1 page
    limsandy likes this.
    08-03-13 07:41 AM
    With the 9720 os leaked, how about creating a hybrid out of that OS.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 12:40 AM
    Santers, thank you for answering my questions. Do you also recommend RC7 for Bold devices (9900/9930) ? Will the RC7 work with latest OS from those smartphone? In my case it's OS 7.1.0.991 bundle 2705.
    08-04-13 12:54 AM
    I am giving this a shot. Running the Verizon .991 base/sfi with the BL18 java. So far it's running excellent! Less than 24 hours in... 1.1% drain, 42% free mem. No lock-ups. Great signal. Smooth as butta. GPS locked much faster than when I was running the 1033 java. Thanks devs!
    How is the WIFI lock? I've really been having issues for a month or so. Currently running BL18. I tried the WIFI fix here in the forums and it basically worked for a while but of late my wifi has been spotty. Don't feel like dis-assembling the phone again.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-04-13 01:15 PM
    Santers, thank you for answering my questions. Do you also recommend RC7 for Bold devices (9900/9930) ? Will the RC7 work with latest OS from those smartphone? In my case it's OS 7.1.0.991 bundle 2705.
    limsandy,

Everyone has their own experiences with hybrids and everyone is entitled to their own opinions . .

I have been running BL builds on my 9810 (same CPU and memory as 9900/9930) since their first build. There have been considerable improvements all along with every new build.

I am currently running RC17 and am about to move up to RC18 - in my experience (and I am a heavy power user), as good as the earlier BL builds were, the most recent builds are significantly better.

Santers suggestion of RC7 for your other device may be a good one - my suggestion (and I bet other 99XX and 9810 users would agree) would be to go with RC18 for your 99XX device.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    limsandy and Legal Eagle like this.
    08-04-13 02:10 PM
    Do a wipe + full erase and finally install OS V1033 + RC18 shrunk it. Both thumb up for the BL team, thanks for the effort and hard work guys. Solid mixture from chief ,really put up a satisfation smile.
    08-05-13 06:38 AM
    Why is there so much complexity on wiping a BB?

Can you not just do a full erase?

It seems the BB have many mechanisms for storing info in places the normal erase and wipes do not do in one go.
    anon5913172 likes this.
    08-05-13 11:09 AM
    Santer , LE.
    Yesterday i have already install RC18, but i have found that the chinese language in my bb cannot be display. I have shrunk os without selecting english uk, chinese and German (must be selecteds system default). In apploader i select chinese language . Please give me some tips please.
    08-05-13 09:11 PM
10,888 ... 392393394395396 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD