Hi Phipson,

Good choice and smart move to use T-Mobile I think you will be good from this point onward...

Santers
    OK, here's my report. To start with the outcome: It works (yet)! I used BBSAK to wipe the device, then the battery pull. Afterwards I used "Full Erase V2.1", I guess it's the program Santers recommended. Thet nuked the device and made the LED flash. Then I installed the T-Mobile .912 OS, put the RC18 upon it, shrunk and installed it. At first, the GPS didn't do it's job but suddenly it did. I really hope that this will stay that way.

Many thanks for your help, folks! I really do appreciate it!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 (RC18 over .912 SFI).
    anon5913172 likes this.
    07-22-13 03:33 PM
    Oh, I just checked and I have mistakenly (really) installed the .1033 OS. And I have the Device Analyzer in my options. Curious.
    My WiFi drops from time to time and I experience some slowdowns. But I think that this will end after some regular battery pulls.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk.
    anon5913172 likes this.
    07-22-13 03:44 PM
    Oh, I just checked and I have mistakenly (really) installed the .1033 OS. And I have the Device Analyzer in my options. Curious.
    My WiFi drops from time to time and I experience some slowdowns. But I think that this will end after some regular battery pulls.

Good Job! Now leave it alone and do a battery pull and wait for 5mins and do this till the weekend and don't tuch this OS again. Leave it at is ...

Santers

Phipson likes this.
    07-22-13 04:38 PM
    Yeah, willdo! I just noticed how bad my accuracy was. Hope, that this will get better over the time. But I'll leave it with that for the time being.

Really strange: My phone says that .1033 is installed but on my PC there's the .912 OS installed. Oh, well, whatever.
    anon5913172 likes this.
    07-22-13 04:48 PM
    Yeah, willdo! I just noticed how bad my accuracy was. Hope, that this will get better over the time. But I'll leave it with that for the time being.

Really strange: My phone says that .1033 is installed but on my PC there's the .912 OS installed. Oh, well, whatever.
    Hi there,

You installed everything correctly and Sators hybrid pack confirm with Sator or Sator will confirm with you later on that the reading of 1033 is right on and that's all from Sators hybrid mix java files

Good work man I think you are going to really enjoy your device now power by T-Mobile OS and Sators #18 Great Hybrids ....

Hats Off for Sator, Thanks Man

Santers
    Phipson and Kevin Lim like this.
    07-22-13 05:33 PM

You've installed RC18 correctly, it shows OS .1033, I think Full erase solved your GPS issue, it cleanes up all the junks and also does a Factory reset (it's good to do a selective restore after we wipe our phone). I recommend you to use triple wipe for your regular OS upgrades, and use Full erase once in a while.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Sator; 07-22-13 at 08:26 PM.
    Phipson and Kevin Lim like this.
    07-22-13 06:26 PM
    Hey Sator,

I've been running RC17 on Telstra .912 on my 9810 for about a week - LOVE 17 (and looking forward to 18) - but have been experiencing lots of dropped calls. Prior to loading 17, I had not used .912 before, and I havent had any dropped call problems for over a year.

This could be an ATT problem - but seems too coincidental that problems started with .912.

Do you think the TMOB .912 sfi might be different/better? And if yes, could I use Telstra but replace the sfi with the one from TMOB - or should I just use TMOB .912?

Thanks!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    07-22-13 10:53 PM
    Hey Sator,

I've been running RC17 on Telstra .912 on my 9810 for about a week - LOVE 17 (and looking forward to 18) - but have been experiencing lots of dropped calls. Prior to loading 17, I had not used .912 before, and I havent had any dropped call problems for over a year.

This could be an ATT problem - but seems too coincidental that problems started with .912.

Do you think the TMOB .912 sfi might be different/better? And if yes, could I use Telstra but replace the sfi with the one from TMOB - or should I just use TMOB .912?

Thanks!!

Hi Don, you could try the Tmob .912, drop calls or weaker signal strength it's also carrier's dependent.

07-22-13 11:00 PM
    You've installed RC18 correctly, it shows OS .1033, I think Full erase solved your GPS issue, it cleanes up all the junks and also does a Factory reset (it's good to do a selective restore after we wipe our phone). I recommend you to use triple wipe for your regular OS upgrades, and use Full erase once in a while.

Hi (Santers and Sator)!

Thanks alot for your info and backup. I did two battery pulls now - and now my GPS doesn't work at all. Really strange behavior! Best weather (not a single cloud) and no signal. I did try to refresh my position from the options menu but that does not work, either. Yesterday, as I installed the OS, it was the same, first. Let's see what it does after I showered.

07-23-13 12:48 AM
    Not to sound repetitive, but Ian also said that a 5 minute battery pull was excessive. I've done long battery pulls, and more times than none the issue gets resolved...

I've never had the issues you're experiencing with GPS, although it did take a while for the location refreshing to complete, and all was well. Try a long ( 5 minute) battery pull and see where it takes you.

Posted on my Q10SQN100-5/10.1.0.4651 - via CB10
    Phipson and fahar like this.
    07-23-13 01:00 AM
    Not to sound repetitive, but Ian also said that a 5 minute battery pull was excessive. I've done long battery pulls, and more times than none the issue gets resolved...

I've never had the issues you're experiencing with GPS, although it did take a while for the location refreshing to complete, and all was well. Try a long ( 5 minute) battery pull and see where it takes you.

Posted on my Q10SQN100-5/10.1.0.4651 - via CB10
    Thanks for your support. I will try to do a longer pull later (have to finish a podcast beforehand ). Will report my findings.
    07-23-13 02:15 AM
    So, I did a long pull (about 10 minutes) and just checked it out. The GPS did work, but it took a while to get a signal. Accuracy isn't great, either (about 8 meters). With the older OS I had about 5-7m. I'll stick with RC18 at least until the weekend and hope that those pulls will add some performance.

Thanks y'all for the support and heads-up.
    07-23-13 03:12 AM
    So, I did a long pull (about 10 minutes) and just checked it out. The GPS did work, but it took a while to get a signal. Accuracy isn't great, either (about 8 meters). With the older OS I had about 5-7m. I'll stick with RC18 at least until the weekend and hope that those pulls will add some performance.

Thanks y'all for the support and heads-up.
    Great....finally it works for you, +/- 8 m accuracy is pretty good, and accuracy also depends on the weather conditions.

Phipson likes this.
    07-23-13 04:14 AM
    Great....finally it works for you, +/- 8 m accuracy is pretty good, and accuracy also depends on the weather conditions.

Yeah, still quite amazed that it works. Actually, I had accuracy of about three meters with my Curve 8900 (same provider and so on). Don't get it! And I have clear sky, here. I'm curious: What's your numbers with the Z?

Edit: Better accuracy would be great as I do geocaching with this device. I still hope for those battery pulls to do the trick.

07-23-13 04:49 AM
    Yeah, still quite amazed that it works. Actually, I had accuracy of about three meters with my Curve 8900 (same provider and so on). Don't get it! And I have clear sky, here. I'm curious: What's your numbers with the Z?

Edit: Better accuracy would be great as I do geocaching with this device. I still hope for those battery pulls to do the trick.

Try turn off device analyzer and application resource monitor

edited: strange language
    Last edited by clie610; 07-23-13 at 06:26 AM.
    Phipson likes this.
    07-23-13 05:13 AM
    almost a week on rc18 and i have noticed battery performance improvement.
    Legal Eagle and Kevin Lim like this.
    07-23-13 08:12 AM
    Noticed the same on my 9900 but wasn't sure if it was down to the 1033 .sfi, but I should never have doubted that it was Sator's magic brew !!!
    2c, Kevin Lim, BoldAlways and 2 others like this.
    07-23-13 08:56 AM
    Hey Sator,

Thanks!!

If you have the time to re load then I guess that trying the T Mo .912 is worth a shot.

I can only speak for the 9900 .sfi but found the Telstra .sfi stronger than the T Mo one.

Overall, I have found .912 to be the worst of the recent 9900 releases, with both .923 and .1033 .sfi's outperforming the .912 versions on Vodafone UK, but as Sator has said, it is carrier dependant and what works for me may well not be the best choice for you.

What you really need is a new OS for your device as .912 has been around for a while.
    Sator, Kevin Lim and Phipson like this.
    07-23-13 09:32 AM
    Noticed the same on my 9900 but wasn't sure if it was down to the 1033 .sfi, but I should never have doubted that it was Sator's magic brew !!!
    well Sator is very good at his voodoo which he very good do do.
    07-23-13 10:21 AM
    well Sator is very good at his voodoo which he very good do do.
    Hahahahah...... I'm just an ordinary man with a lil bit of knowledge and luck.

Legal Eagle, 2c, Kevin Lim and 3 others like this.
    07-23-13 11:01 AM
    Hahahahah...... I'm just an ordinary man with a lil bit of knowledge and luck.

Not forgetting a huge degree of modesty !!!
    2c, BoldAlways, Phipson and 1 others like this.
    07-23-13 11:06 AM
    Not forgetting a huge degree of modesty !!!
    along with a little bit of free time on hands to help other.
    Kevin Lim, BoldAlways and Sator like this.
    07-23-13 11:07 AM
    along with a little bit of free time on hands to help other.
    Yea he is very helpful

Simple girl Post via Z10
    Kevin Lim, Phipson and Sator like this.
    07-23-13 11:17 AM
    Yea he is very helpful

Simple girl Post via Z10
    Very true, if it wasn't for the RC Hybrids I might be struggling with a Zed !!!
    Sator, Kevin Lim and Phipson like this.
    07-23-13 11:19 AM
    F that. That's reason enough for me to upgrade when I'm free.
    Kevin Lim likes this.
    07-23-13 11:40 AM
10,888 ... 389390391392393 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD