I have now TWO F5... (stole the key from Clie610 ) ...
    Is it Friday already?
    07-18-13 03:55 AM
    you don't understand me,I can call and send sms and surf the Internet ,but sometimes it can't connect the Internet ,I must restart my 9900.
    so I want the vsm of China Unicorn whose ID is 617
    Goodmorning haoggmj,

If that's the case it for sure is a network or hardware problem!

Two things to check:

1 get a working or someone else's SIM card that is currently online and see if the connection problem is still there?
    2 call your service provider and ask tech support to send the network stacks back to your Blackberry they are able to do that only?

If both suggestions don't work you better start looking for a good used Blackberry Bold 9900 on EBay, looks like your network chip is cooked and within the next few days or weeks your device will black out do to a board problem within your current device network section.

Santers
    haoggmj likes this.
    07-18-13 06:52 AM
    My GPS with RC18/.1033 SFI.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/18/y6urumet.jpg

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    That looks promising!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk.
    07-18-13 09:01 AM
    I have now TWO F5... (stole the key from Clie610 ) ...
    Is it Friday already?
    I am done with my F5 key
    07-18-13 09:23 AM
    For 9xx and 10xx SFI

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    thanks for the news, i have installed gmaps and deleted them after an hour, didnt worked as good as bbmaps.

i have another question.

it dosent matter how much i shrink the os, in phone memory it always shows 230 or 232 mb free memory and fater installation of apps it is 225 mb, i have tried different shrinking methods but memory gain is not that much, any suggestions? these days i am using bbh tool for shrinking.
    Kevin Lim likes this.
    07-18-13 05:39 PM
    how can i like my own posts?
    07-18-13 05:39 PM
    thanks for the news, i have installed gmaps and deleted them after an hour, didnt worked as good as bbmaps.

i have another question.

it dosent matter how much i shrink the os, in phone memory it always shows 230 or 232 mb free memory and fater installation of apps it is 225 mb, i have tried different shrinking methods but memory gain is not that much, any suggestions? these days i am using bbh tool for shrinking.
    You have 225 MB available memory, it is pretty good, a lot of people have less than 200 MB available memory...

Kevin Lim and 2c like this.
    07-18-13 06:43 PM
    RC17 not work for my davis 9220, any suggestion

Sent from Blackberry 9220 via Tapatalk
    07-18-13 10:03 PM
    RC17 not work for my davis 9220, any suggestion

Sent from Blackberry 9220 via Tapatalk
    Not working in which sense?

Posted on my Q10SQN100-5/10.1.0.4651 - via CB10
    07-18-13 10:12 PM
    You have 225 MB available memory, it is pretty good, a lot of people have less than 200 MB available memory...

Yeah, like me: Got around 114 MB available (using standard .863 OS). Could be better and I hope for RC18 with that .1XXX OS.

Correction: Using .862 OS.

07-19-13 01:54 AM
    Goodmorning haoggmj,

If that's the case it for sure is a network or hardware problem!

Two things to check:

1 get a working or someone else's SIM card that is currently online and see if the connection problem is still there?
    2 call your service provider and ask tech support to send the network stacks back to your Blackberry they are able to do that only?

If both suggestions don't work you better start looking for a good used Blackberry Bold 9900 on EBay, looks like your network chip is cooked and within the next few days or weeks your device will black out do to a board problem within your current device network section.

I will try,thx

Santers
    anon5913172 likes this.
    07-19-13 02:06 AM
    where can we down RC18? I want to test.
    07-19-13 02:07 AM
    Looking forward for the RC18, tempting to load it on top of my 9790 , yay!
    07-19-13 02:40 AM
    Yeah, like me: Got around 114 MB available (using standard .863 OS). Could be better and I hope for RC18 with that .1XXX OS.

Correction: Using .862 OS.

You will have to shrink the OS to free up memory no matter what OS you use.

BBH Tools does a very good job, I have 235mb free after shrinking the latest Hybrid installed over 1033

lyricidal / @theiexplorers Home Page
    anon5913172 and Kevin Lim like this.
    07-19-13 07:26 AM

BBH Tools does a very good job, I have 235mb free after shrinking the latest Hybrid installed over 1033

legal eagle,
    Can you give me some tutorial or simple step how to use this BBHtools , i need to shrink mine just like you and sator. which have alot free memory.
    anon5913172 likes this.
    07-19-13 07:50 AM
    legal eagle,
    Can you give me some tutorial or simple step how to use this BBHtools , i need to shrink mine just like you and sator. which have alot free memory.
    Working from memory as I don't have my Laptop with BBH installed with me right now.

You shrink the OS prior to install, there is a function to remove items direct from the phone but I wouldn't advise trying it.

Download the tool go to the shrink tab, select which OS on your PC you want to shrink, then check the boxes of the features you want to remove and click the Shrink Button.

It's virtually fool proof as it won't let you shrink out things that the OS needs to function.

e.g., if you try to shrink out all Fonts the tool gives you a message that one particular font must be left in the OS

There is one item called tasks that you must not remove though.

You can also return the OS to it's original state by clicking on the Put It Back button.

Again, from memory, I'm sure that somewhere in the early days of this thread Sharma found a full list that gave an explanation of each item in the shrink menu, but the thread is so huge I have no idea where it is. Maybe Sharma can remember where he got the list from and post it again if we ask him nicely even though he is now a "Q" user !!!
    Sator, limsandy and Kevin Lim like this.
    07-19-13 08:02 AM
    legal eagle,
    Hi Kevin, and LE

Here you go take a look below:

Here is an in depth explanation: Amazon MP3 Store: Shop 17 million songs and play your music on your BlackBerry Application Center: Application Center is for your carrier to push applications to you. (not needed usually as you can get your select apps from AppWorld AT&T Hotspot: Free AT&T Wi-Fi access at thousands of hotspot locations nationwide (works only on select devices for AT&T Users only, check with your carrier) Backup Assistant: Performs the same functions as the the regular back up through DM, works only for Verizon customers and is not needed! Chinese Dictionary: As the title says, if you're not chinese, shrink it! City ID: Shows the number of the caller and their state, only works with a few carriers and is safe to shrink. DocsToGo: Office like apps for your BlackBerry (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to view & edit Microsoft Office files. DoD Certificates: Department of Defence use encrypted cetrificates which are enbedded on CAC card this module allows the Blackberry to read the information on the card correctly so the user can actually use their handheld. If you don't work for the Department of Defense, shrink it! Event Log Viewer: Shows the event log of your BlackBerry, only useful if you are having constant problems and want to give the information to a tech-support agent. G3eWalk: Chinese module that is a potential malware feeder, SHRINK IT! Help Files: BlackBerry help files for n00bies, safe to shrink IT Policy Viewer: The IT policy viewer permits a user to view IT policy rules from the Security policy group and Password policy group that have values configured. If you are not using a work BlackBerry, shrink it! Lunar Calendar: Chinese calendar to display the Tiong Hua Tiong Hua calendar year. Safe to srhink. Memopad: Useful app for taking notes on your BlackBerry. Mobile Stock: No additional info found music.cn: useless chinese music app Mobile Market: useless app, shrink safely
    Mobile Reader: useless app, shrink safely movitalk: useless carrier pushed app, safe to shrink MyFaves: useless T-Mobile pushed apps, safe to shrink Password Keeper/Wizard: An app that stores all your passwords safely, shrink it if you don't use it PIMClient: no additional info found, shrink if you've never used it Setup Wizard: Setup wizard for e-mails, BBM, Wifi, Bluetooth. Not recommended to be shrunk. Sure Type T12: Suretype works when you can spell, or use words that are not common Slacker: Personal Radio for your BlackBerry, safe to shrink if you don't use it. S/MIME Support: Blackberry S/MIME is a component of the Blackberry Enterprise Server. T-Mobile Backup: If you are not a T-Mobile customer, shrink this Tasks: Useful app for sheculing your tasks. TeleNav: Carrier pushed app, shrink if you don't use it TTY (Hearing-Impaired): TTY is for the hearing impaired. You would only use TTY if you're going to attach a TeleType device. VCAST Music: Verizon pushed app that can identify a song you hear using the VCast Song ID, Useless! VCAST Raphsody: Works with VCAST Music to identify songs, useless!! Verizon Push-To-Talk: PTT app for Verizon customers only; shrink if you are not one. Visual Voice Mail: Allows users to view their voice mail messages in a message list and quickly see the details of a voice mail message, such as the sender, the length of the voice mail message, the date, and the time. Only works on a few carriers. Vodafone Music App: Vodafone Music is developed by RealNetworks, Inc. and only works for Vodafone users. Shrink safely if you don't use it. Voice Activated Dialing: Gives you the ability to say the name of the person you wish to call. Useful app but shrink if you don't ever use it.
    Voice Notes Recorder: Enables you to record voice notes rather than type them. Useful app and not recommended to be shrunk. VZ Navigator: Verizon pushed app that tells you where you are and what's nearby, providing turn-by-turn directions to get to your destination on time. Shrink safely if you don't use it. YouTube: as the name implies, an app that enables you to easil view YouTube videos on your BlackBerry Accessibility options: Includes many features that facilitate use by persons with disabilities. Bluetooth: Essential for the functionality of Bluetooth connectivity on your device. Only shrink it if you never use Bluetooth. Camera: Essential for the functionality of the Camera (still shots) on your device. Only shrink it if you never use the camera. Video Camera: Essential for the functionality of the Camera (Video Recording) on your device. Only shrink it if you never use the camera. Default 102DM: If you don't know what this is, then you probably shouldn't be shrinking it. Engineering Screen: Hidden menu for the purpose of debugging for developers in Blackberry mobile phone which is named as Engineering Mode and contains some hidden options. Shrink if you don't need it. OTA Upgrade: essential if you rely on updating your device Over The Air (carrier OS), shrink if you usually update yourself. MBP Files: Mobile Books, I have always shrunk this with 0 problems.
    Attached Thumbnails BerryLicio.us Ultimate hybrid for most OS 7.1 devices-blackberry-shrinked-list.jpg  
    07-19-13 08:18 AM
    Hi everyone,

Anyone seen Sator yet? any news in regards to the update for the new RC18 patch yet?
    07-19-13 08:28 AM

Thanks for the hint. But I already did so. Don't know what the problem is. I think I have a very "special" 9900. (For instance does my GPS not work when I use an OS other than the .862. )

anon5913172 and Kevin Lim like this.
    07-19-13 08:33 AM
    Hi everyone,

Anyone seen Sator yet? any news in regards to the update for the new RC18 patch yet?
    Last I heard was from Ian yesterday when he said that RC18 was almost ready for release.

Sure it won't be too long now.
    Kevin Lim and anon5913172 like this.
    07-19-13 08:34 AM
    Thanks for the hint. But I already did so. Don't know what the problem is. I think I have a very "special" 9900. (For instance does my GPS not work when I use an OS other than the .862. )

Hi Phipson,

Looks like its a network bug within your service providers networks system looks like they are running very old teli-com switches not much you can do at this time...
    07-19-13 08:46 AM
    Last I heard was from Ian yesterday when he said that RC18 was almost ready for release.

Sure it won't be too long now.
    Thanks LE,

Hopefully this new update gets uploaded soon, I have my usb cable around my neck and all ready to install
    Kevin Lim likes this.
    07-19-13 08:47 AM
    Thanks LE,

Hopefully this new update gets uploaded soon, I have my usb cable around my neck and all ready to install
    Hahaha lol
    Be careful with those cable around your neck
    #kidding

Simple girl Post via Z10
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    07-19-13 09:25 AM
    Hahaha lol
    #kidding

Simple girl Post via Z10
    LOL@Sally,

No kidding if I have to wait any longer I will replace with USB Cable with a Rope! ( just joking a bit of humor joke and just waiting for Doctor Sator to upload the Breakfest treat for me and everyone ) hehehehhehehehehe
    Kevin Lim likes this.
    07-19-13 09:35 AM
    Hahaha lol
    #kidding

Simple girl Post via Z10
    Hey Girl, how are you doing ???

Still getting mad at the Zed ???

Sators latest brew is as awesome as ever !!!

Finished work for the week, got a new OS and many beers with my name on them, doesn't get much better than that !!!
    deezy87 and Kevin Lim like this.
    07-19-13 09:37 AM
10,888 ... 385386387388389 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD