I started effing with BL at around RC2....I haven't even loaded a new leak, unless BL did a twist to it!!

No Looking Back after seeing what these folks are capable of...
    05-18-13 10:45 AM
    ah, seems so long for the 972 to get released >_<
    give it a month to be released be a carrier. its just been certified not released.
    05-18-13 02:56 PM
    I started effing with BL at around RC2....I haven't even loaded a new leak, unless BL did a twist to it!!

No Looking Back after seeing what these folks are capable of...
    i have to agree to this very statement.
    deezy87 likes this.
    05-18-13 02:57 PM
    need a complete tutorial for installing on 9930 please...i am newbie,,thanks, any help would be appreciated
    05-18-13 05:23 PM
    need a complete tutorial for installing on 9930 please...i am newbie,,thanks, any help would be appreciated
    First and foremost, are you tech shy?
    I'm asking because there is a little dabbling that has to happen to insure everything loads well.

The steps are on the first post of the thread.

If you're unclear about anything just shoot me an email [email protected] and I might be able to help you further. If anything feel free to add me on ввм as well, pin:289E6351

Sent from my BlackBerry� Bold� 9900 smart phone - Powered by BerryLicio.us ULTIMATE 7.1 hybrid system (RC15) - 9900/7.1.0.923 (B2534)
    05-18-13 06:10 PM
    First and foremost, are you tech shy?
    I'm asking because there is a little dabbling that has to happen to insure everything loads well.

The steps are on the first post of the thread.

If you're unclear about anything just shoot me an email [email protected] and I might be able to help you further. If anything feel free to add me on ввм as well, pin:289E6351

Sent from my BlackBerry� Bold™ 9900 smart phone - Powered by BerryLicio.us ULTIMATE 7.1 hybrid system (RC15) - 9900/7.1.0.923 (B2534)
    are you able to login in your windmobile.blackberry.com account from a browser?
    05-18-13 07:11 PM
    no, its a carrier email
    05-18-13 07:57 PM
    no, its a carrier email
    i know its a carrier mail, i am trying to get registered on wind mobile blackberry site but it always says pin and imei doesn't match.
    do you think i am dont use bbm thats why it is not recognizing my imei and bbm?
    05-18-13 08:46 PM
    i know its a carrier mail, i am trying to get registered on wind mobile blackberry site but it always says pin and imei doesn't match.
    do you think i am dont use bbm thats why it is not recognizing my imei and bbm?
    You'll need to set it up with the email set up function, just add carrier mail and you should be good to go!
    05-19-13 10:57 AM
    been running rc15 for wks now on my 9860 912 os, and it is great .. thought i had a battery problem with random reboots and inconsistent battery life but the problem was that full wipe creates a rom problem with my device.. sorted it out by using triple wipe and then reloading os with rc15 hybrid and now my device works like a dream. waiting a new os and hybrid but can't think of what can be improved on my legacy device ...
    05-20-13 09:29 AM
    Been running RC15 for over 4 weeks now and it is showing no signs of slowing down or dropping memory.

Just do a battery swap with my spare once a week and all is good, only lose around 0.4mb between pulls.

That said, can't wait for a new OS to drop so we can have even more awesomness with RC16.

Thanks as always to Sator and the team. Who needs a Q when our 9900's have better functionality and run so well. Lot of life left in Legacy devices thanks to these Hybrids.
    05-20-13 10:05 AM
    Been running RC15 for over 4 weeks now and it is showing no signs of slowing down or dropping memory.

Just do a battery swap with my spare once a week and all is good, only lose around 0.4mb between pulls.

That said, can't wait for a new OS to drop so we can have even more awesomness with RC16.

Thanks as always to Sator and the team. Who needs a Q when our 9900's have better functionality and run so well. Lot of life left in Legacy devices thanks to these Hybrids.
    agreed on the memory leak,

when ever i think my device is slowing down or memory leak is beyond acceptable criteria i just wipe the phone and reinstall the os and now i dont even have to wait for it to settle down ( i know the potential of rc15 and it will let me do my thing without crashing)
    Legal Eagle and Sator like this.
    05-20-13 01:33 PM
    Dear Farrris,
    Can u give some guidance on how to upgrade my bb9900 to this hybrid, i am total lost bcos u all have gone too far of 362pages. please give me some basic steps please.
    1cx.
    05-23-13 02:41 AM
    Dear Farrris,
    Can u give some guidance on how to upgrade my bb9900 to this hybrid, i am total lost bcos u all have gone too far of 362pages. please give me some basic steps please.
    1cx.
    Uninstall all OS's you currently have on your PC.

Download and install the base stock OS that you intend to use. you don't say which device you have so can't say which one to use but in general use the latest released OS for your phone.

Download RC15 and unzip.

Copy the Java files from RC15 and paste (overwriting) the existing files in the Java folder for the base OS you have installed.

Delete Vendor.xml file(s) and shrink to your individual taste with BBH Tools.

Backup your device with DM then wipe your phone with BBSAK.

Run App loader, restore your data and enjoy the Hybrid.

I would also advise not restoring any 3rd party apps from backup, it is better to do fresh installs from App World

For the first 2-3 days do at least 2 battery pulls a minimum of 6 hours apart.
    05-23-13 11:04 AM
    Many thanks Legal Eagle,
    How about the language file and also they also mention on the alx file, from the dakota zip file.

Sincerely
    kevin
    05-23-13 10:44 PM
    Many thanks Legal Eagle,
    How about the language file and also they also mention on the alx file, from the dakota zip file.

Sincerely
    kevin
    .alx file no longer needed.

If English is your prime language then you do not need the language pack.

If you do need it then open the file and paste it into the Base Java.
    Sator likes this.
    05-24-13 02:20 AM
    Once again thanks Legal Eagle,
    I am very excited with the Hybrid RC15 + V7.1.0.923 docomo japan, seen these huge community of die hard Blackberry user are very happy on the performance of this hybrid version. I never try installing hybrid and my current version on decent 746. Will give it a try .thanks
    05-24-13 06:20 AM
    just did another install with selective restore of backup and now giving it time to settle down.
    Sator likes this.
    05-24-13 08:59 PM
    Uninstall all OS's you currently have on your PC.

Download and install the base stock OS that you intend to use. you don't say which device you have so can't say which one to use but in general use the latest released OS for your phone.

Download RC15 and unzip.

Copy the Java files from RC15 and paste (overwriting) the existing files in the Java folder for the base OS you have installed.

Delete Vendor.xml file(s) and shrink to your individual taste with BBH Tools.

Backup your device with DM then wipe your phone with BBSAK.

Run App loader, restore your data and enjoy the Hybrid.

I would also advise not restoring any 3rd party apps from backup, it is better to do fresh installs from App World

For the first 2-3 days do at least 2 battery pulls a minimum of 6 hours apart.
    I have a Curve 9360 with .907. Do I need to upgrade to the latest version (.912) or I can use .907 as my base OS?
    05-24-13 11:35 PM
    I have a Curve 9360 with .907. Do I need to upgrade to the latest version (.912) or I can use .907 as my base OS?
    You can use .907 as your base, but with .912 you'll have a higher radio file/sfi.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    sallynaayue likes this.
    05-25-13 12:15 AM
    You can use .907 as your base, but with .912 you'll have a higher radio file/sfi.

I think I'll just use .912 as my base. Oh btw, after copy pasting the Java files do I need to wipe first before installing the Hybrid OS? And what loader is used to install the Hybrid?
    05-25-13 01:11 AM
    I think I'll just use .912 as my base. Oh btw, after copy pasting the Java files do I need to wipe first before installing the Hybrid OS? And what loader is used to install the Hybrid?
    It's recommended to wipe your phone before installing new OS/Hybrid. Please use loader .exe instead of DM

05-25-13 02:43 AM
    It's recommended to wipe your phone before installing new OS/Hybrid. Please use loader .exe instead of DM

Thanks! I'll try that now.
    05-25-13 09:43 AM
    A simple question, I'm Italian.. How I can Add my language?
    05-26-13 07:34 AM
    Dear Farrris,
    1cx.
    Thanks to Legal Eagle. I didnt notice that Kevin Lim asking me. Are you from Malaysia Kevin ?
    05-26-13 09:19 AM
10,888 ... 360361362363364 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD