If you are using RC15 you need to use base OS from the 8xx or 9xx series except .862

Install the base OS, download the RC15 file and open the Java folder.

Copy the files in the RC15 Java and paste (overwriting) the files in the Base OS Java file. DO NOT DELETE ALL THE FILES IN THE BASE OS JAVA FILE

Shrink to taste, backup and wipe device and then run apploader to install the OS.

I susect that you replaced the Java files in the base OS rather than overwriting them with the RC15 files which is why your BB would not boot up.

Follow my instructions and you will be fine.
    Thanks for your response

question please if i select java files and the paste them in o/s java file it asks do you want 'copy and replace' those files i said yes - is this procedure not the same as overwriting?

plus what is best tool to shrink?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-03-13 06:56 AM
    Thanks for your response

question please if i select java files and the paste them in o/s java file it asks do you want 'copy and replace' those files i said yes - is this procedure not the same as overwriting?

Yes, it is the same.
    05-03-13 07:07 AM
    Thanks for your response

plus what is best tool to shrink?

Sounds like you did teh right thing but something seems to have gone wrong.

I would start again from scratch, uninstall all OS's from your PC and download and install a new base.

When pasting the RC15 Java files into the base windows should prompt you to decide to replace existing files, when it does make sure that you say yes to replacing all conflicts and that when windows asks for confirmation say yes.

Immediately the past has taken place you should see the replaced files in the Java folder highlited in grey as you scroll down the folder. From memory, there are usually around 500 files that get replaced, windows should tell you the exact number when asking you to decide i.e. do you want to perform this action for the next 503 conflicts or similar.

For shrinking I use BBH Tools, it won't let you shrink out anything vital to the phones basic functions working

http://www.theiexplorers.com/BBHTool/BBHTool-pub.zip

Most of us on here also wipe the BB before we install the new Hybrid OS, BBH Tools or BBSAK will do this for you, but remember to back up first.

Also, in general it seems to be prefereble to reinstall your apps from app world rather than restore them from a backup.

Any more questions ask away.
    Sator and maxx71 like this.
    05-03-13 07:21 AM
    Has anybody had problems with BBM showing the delivered and read flags? I noticed this a couple of days ago in the middle of a conversation.
    05-03-13 08:07 AM
    I had a question:
    I need to get my keyboard changed but the guy at the service center came to know that i have the .923 os installed and told me its not available in india, then he entered the imei and realized the device is from india
    problem is he thinks the keyboard problem is due to the 'foreign' os, and i think its impossible as the keyboard will work no matter what os version i use. he is ready to replace it but a seed of doubt has been planted in my mind, i still think its impossible that the os affects how the keyboard works especially when there is so much proof

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    05-03-13 08:29 AM
    what problem? what version of bbm are you on?

05-03-13 08:31 AM
    what problem? what version of bbm are you on?

Some of the messages showed as sent but not delivered even though the later messages in the conversation show the flags and the recipient was replying to the unflagged message. It was the latest BBM and the one included with the hybrid.

I don't have the phone booted now, as I got a Q10 a few days ago. I just thought I should figure out if it is an OS problem or just a glitch in the BBM network. If it is an OS problem, I will just reinstall the latest Rogers OS before I put the 9900 away as a spare.
    05-03-13 08:48 AM
    Well, the latest rogers os will be mostly outdated.

Download the latest os from the CB forums and install that, and dont install bbm when installing the os. download the latest version of bbm from your phone.

my friend was having a problem where she would recieve the alert, but the message was nowhere to be seen, however others could read messages she sent. upgrading bbm solved the problem.

05-03-13 09:31 AM
    while playing youtube video in the browser its saying apn not configured.

any thoughts?
    05-03-13 09:53 AM
    I had a question:
    I need to get my keyboard changed but the guy at the service center came to know that i have the .923 os installed and told me its not available in india, then he entered the imei and realized the device is from india
    problem is he thinks the keyboard problem is due to the 'foreign' os, and i think its impossible as the keyboard will work no matter what os version i use. he is ready to replace it but a seed of doubt has been planted in my mind, i still think its impossible that the os affects how the keyboard works especially when there is so much proof

OS 7.1.0.923 is an Official released from Docomo Japan. Your keyboard issue is related to a hardware problem not related to the OS/software, if it's related to the OS/apps, you'll get an uncaught exeption error.

05-03-13 10:48 AM
    Well, the latest rogers os will be mostly outdated.

Download the latest os from the CB forums and install that, and dont install bbm when installing the os. download the latest version of bbm from your phone.

my friend was having a problem where she would recieve the alert, but the message was nowhere to be seen, however others could read messages she sent. upgrading bbm solved the problem.

When I checked AppWorld, the BBM on the phone was the same as the latest in Appworld. I did this via AppWorld on the phone and it showed I had the latest BBM. I may just try uninstalling and reinstalling BBM if it allows me to uninstall it.
    05-03-13 11:06 AM
    When I checked AppWorld, the BBM on the phone was the same as the latest in Appworld. I did this via AppWorld on the phone and it showed I had the latest BBM. I may just try uninstalling and reinstalling BBM if it allows me to uninstall it.
    right now bbm is experiencing server issues.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=8418646

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Sator; 05-03-13 at 11:51 AM.
    05-03-13 11:32 AM
    anyone got a problem that when you press the Space key once, it acted like you pressed it twice and showing the period? sometimes its really irritating I'm using .923 base w RC15.
    05-03-13 12:08 PM

yes? mine is working normally.

05-03-13 12:09 PM

I had seen that and it reminded me of the problem I had seen on my 9900 a few days ago.

BBM is working fine here in Nova Scotia, actually quicker than usual.
    05-03-13 12:40 PM
    Sounds like you did teh right thing but something seems to have gone wrong.

I would start again from scratch, uninstall all OS's from your PC and download and install a new base.

When pasting the RC15 Java files into the base windows should prompt you to decide to replace existing files, when it does make sure that you say yes to replacing all conflicts and that when windows asks for confirmation say yes.

Immediately the past has taken place you should see the replaced files in the Java folder highlited in grey as you scroll down the folder. From memory, there are usually around 500 files that get replaced, windows should tell you the exact number when asking you to decide i.e. do you want to perform this action for the next 503 conflicts or similar.

For shrinking I use BBH Tools, it won't let you shrink out anything vital to the phones basic functions working

http://www.theiexplorers.com/BBHTool/BBHTool-pub.zip

Most of us on here also wipe the BB before we install the new Hybrid OS, BBH Tools or BBSAK will do this for you, but remember to back up first.

Also, in general it seems to be prefereble to reinstall your apps from app world rather than restore them from a backup.

Any more questions ask away.
    Legal Eagle - once again thanks for your advice, installed hybrid with RC15 so far so good.

cheers

Sator, deezy87 and fahar like this.
    05-03-13 05:15 PM
    Legal Eagle - once again thanks for your advice, installed hybrid with RC15 so far so good.

cheers

I was a little out of the loop, but I'm glad Legal, and others were able to give you a little bit of guidance, gotta love this community!
    fahar likes this.
    05-03-13 11:42 PM
    I was a little out of the loop, but I'm glad Legal, and others were able to give you a little bit of guidance, gotta love this community!
    you are right! i like the CB community more than say xda.
    people on CB are so much more helpful.

05-04-13 03:09 AM
    while playing youtube video in the browser its saying apn not configured.

any thoughts?
    apn settings has to be checked in order to use the bb browser via the network........you will find it in options>device>advanced system settings>TCp IP and enable apn settings, you can then play you tube videos
    Sator and fahar like this.
    05-04-13 06:03 AM
    hi

i have made the jump and have installed hybrid o/s

i attempted in install latest o/s with replaced java file, o/s installed but phone would not boot up it crashed half way through loading, and phone repeaterly attempted to boot up.

i had to revert back to original o/s on 1st page but now now password keeper which is an app i use

question please can you install java over any installed o/s on your pc?

thanks

you have to wipe your phone before re install RC 15, since you already had a bad install. Otherwise you'll have a bad performance ( bad ADR, MDR etc.)

05-04-13 10:20 AM
    anyone got a problem that when you press the Space key once, it acted like you pressed it twice and showing the period? sometimes its really irritating I'm using .923 base w RC15.
    I've had this for a while. I've noticed it before this hybrid (I don't remember which RC/base I was using prior) and just assumed it was a hardware issue.
    eddietta likes this.
    05-04-13 10:49 AM
    I am having problems since the last couple of hybrids issues with running my contacts from the home menu. No issues in the call menu. It just hangs. Rebooting the ph doesnt always fix it. If it works, after a while it stops working. Anyone have this issue?

Also notice in time she is slowing down and pausing to do stuff. Same apps installed since loading the RC15. Rebooting doesn't cure and problem. Its almost like a fragmented system storing files.
    Last edited by west_minist; 05-04-13 at 08:43 PM.
    05-04-13 08:02 PM
    apn settings has to be checked in order to use the bb browser via the network........you will find it in options>device>advanced system settings>TCp IP and enable apn settings, you can then play you tube videos
    problem solved thanks allot.
    05-04-13 10:39 PM
    I am having problems since the last couple of hybrids issues with running my contacts from the home menu. No issues in the call menu. It just hangs. Rebooting the ph doesnt always fix it. If it works, after a while it stops working. Anyone have this issue?

Also notice in time she is slowing down and pausing to do stuff. Same apps installed since loading the RC15. Rebooting doesn't cure and problem. Its almost like a fragmented system storing files.
    Do a Security wipe, wipe your device (bbhtool/triple wipe) and reinstalll RC15, also do a selective restore only from your backup data. I hope it will solve your issues.

05-04-13 11:19 PM
    I had the same problem - fix for me was that somehow REDUCED virtual keyboard had been set - once set back to FULL, the problem went away.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    05-05-13 11:43 AM
10,888 ... 356357358359360 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD