Try to look for a program called easy zero, its like the same thing.
    fahar and Legal Eagle like this.
    04-19-13 01:04 PM
    .... unless anyone out there can come up with an alternative. Shame really cos it sounds like a cool tool
    Maybe you can try WIPE COMPLETED... It's also wipe totally,including sfi
    Attached Files
    deezy87, rgshah3, Mi.key and 2 others like this.
    04-19-13 01:05 PM
    Actually, my experience is not that good, yet. My ADR is at 5.56 at the moment and it started at 6.5 or so. That's weird, isn't it? And GPS isn't working either.

I think I have to stick with .862 forever with my cursed 9900.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk.
    04-19-13 03:08 PM
    Actually, my experience is not that good, yet. My ADR is at 5.56 at the moment and it started at 6.5 or so. That's weird, isn't it? And GPS isn't working either.

I think I have to stick with .862 forever with my cursed 9900.

Maybe you can try: backup your data, do a factory reset, wipe with bbhtools or triple wipe/complete wipe/bb easy Zero, re install the OS and do a selective restore frm your backup data.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-19-13 05:59 PM
    Yea, I tried that. Same results, AV wont even let me download lol

Maybe you can try WIPE COMPLETED... It's also wipe totally,including sfi
    Thanks!
    04-19-13 10:20 PM
    Welp, after some troubles with insanely slow restores, my contacts disappeared, WhatsApp stopped working, etc. Eventually, I got everything to work alright. Buuuut, I STILL have the issue with the network not coming back if it is turned off. So, unfortunately using Triple Wipe didn't help. ( I am going to have to say it is a hardware or SIM card issue.

Now that it has settled, the performance is still awesome, though.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 on T-Mobile using Tapatalk.
    04-19-13 10:57 PM
    Welp, after some troubles with insanely slow restores, my contacts disappeared, WhatsApp stopped working, etc. Eventually, I got everything to work alright. Buuuut, I STILL have the issue with the network not coming back if it is turned off. So, unfortunately using Triple Wipe didn't help. ( I am going to have to say it is a hardware or SIM card issue.

Now that it has settled, the performance is still awesome, though.

Try to clean your sim card first before you change it.

04-19-13 11:15 PM
    Installed RC 15 with 907 for the 9320. Strange error I have is with whatsapp. If autodownload is off , I get a null pointer error while trying to download the images. With auto download on , it works fine.
    Any changes that' whatsapp has done ?
    04-19-13 11:47 PM
    Maybe you can try: backup your data, do a factory reset, wipe with bbhtools or triple wipe/complete wipe/bb easy Zero, re install the OS and do a selective restore frm your backup data.

Yeah, I thought so, too. Had the same AV issue with Triple Wipe so I just used the single one in BBSAK. I'll try that Complete Wipe thingy later on.
    Thanks for the advice and your work! I'll report my findings later, then.

ifraser likes this.
    04-20-13 12:14 AM
    Just wanted to post a warning.

NB! Please note that "complete wipe" app, although very good, has no GUI (Graphical User Interface). This means that the app will not ask you whether to wipe phone or anything. Your phone will just go dark while it does its work in the background. You'll notice this if you check in the process and see that its listed there. Upon completion no message/notification either and only way to find out is if you see the phone led flashing red and in the processes running on PC complete wipe won't be there anymore.

I plugged my phone to copy some files over to the pc and decided to "check out complete wipe app" while phone was still connected. It asked twice about some cjp.... file overwrite. Before I knew it my phone was blank and in the process of being completely wiped.

Not trying to alarm anyone but just keep in mind that BEFORE you run the app you have backed up important info and you are dead ready to wipe & reinstall OS.
    Legal Eagle, ifraser and deezy87 like this.
    04-20-13 06:55 AM
    Another one that can't get past my Antivirus !!!

Looks like I'm stuck with BBH and BBSAK.

Shame that these .sfi wiping tools can't get loaded on my PC.

NB

I'm running Avast Antivirus and MS Security Essentials.
    04-20-13 07:17 AM

NB

Complete wipe does not raise any alarm as far as Avira is concerned which is the only AV i use. i don't bog my pc down with countless AV's and malware apps when a simple good AV plus abit of common sense can go a long way. BBSAK is still good. I don't know how thorough it is though but if you cant momentarily pause/stop your AV to run the app then stick to them.
    Sator likes this.
    04-20-13 07:42 AM
    For me my anti virus hate triplewipe too, But what i do i just turn it off and wipe and then get it back to work no worries :P
    Mi.key likes this.
    04-20-13 12:41 PM

NB

Like I said earlier, open your MSE, go to the options, disable Real-Time Protection, and apply. MSE will turn red, but will let you run the tools instead of blocking them. This is in addition to turning off Avast! temporarily. Don't forget to turn real-time protection back on when you are done!

ifraser likes this.
    04-20-13 02:17 PM
    Triple wipe is only a suggestion not a requirement.

If you can't get it to work just use bbh tools.

Posted via CB10
    Sator likes this.
    04-20-13 05:13 PM
    Triple wipe is only a suggestion not a requirement.

If you can't get it to work just use bbh tools.

Posted via CB10
    Yea but it'd be nice to COMPLETELY wipe a phone and see how that affects things (adr, mdr, signal, etc....). I use Avast free, and there's an option to turn off the shields (10mins, 1 hour, etc). So I did that, ran the program, then turned the shields back on.
    Sator likes this.
    04-20-13 07:12 PM
    It would be but if you catch the reload early enough you replace the sfi at low level anyway.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 10:07 AM
    It would be but if you catch the reload early enough you replace the sfi at low level anyway.

Posted via CB10
    Hey Ian,

Can you explain "if you catch the reload early enough"? I use BBSAK to wipe - then load OS (with sfi of course) after 507 - is this "early enough"?

Thanks!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    04-21-13 01:01 PM
    Yea but it'd be nice to COMPLETELY wipe a phone and see how that affects things (adr, mdr, signal, etc....). I use Avast free, and there's an option to turn off the shields (10mins, 1 hour, etc). So I did that, ran the program, then turned the shields back on.
    To whom it may concern (or care). I just finished my last experiments: I used the "Wipe Complete" application and installed RC15 but the results were the same as before. No GPS. Installed the .862 again and the GPS works flawlessly. Don't know what that might be! I guess it really might be a very odd hardware issue. But I don't know.

04-21-13 02:42 PM
    Day 3 of RC14 on my 9790 with .907 base. Seems to be working much better than RC13 so far. Hopefully the wipe by BBSAK did the trick.

Sent from my BlackBerry
    04-21-13 05:10 PM
    tried wipe complete and triple wipe on my 9860 ... wipe complete does not seem to completely wipe the sfi whereas triple wipe really wipes everything off my phone ... and effects are a blinking red light only after the wipe ... bl hyrid loaded easier with triple wipe than with wipe complete ... my antivirus identified triple wipe as a trojan but i was able to use it anyway ... have to see how my phone behaves over the next few days with 912 base ... 912 sfi and RC15 after triple wipe ...
    04-21-13 08:12 PM
    I just can't wait for a Q10, because I am freakin' SICK of Blackberry Browser crashing all the dang time... I see "closed unexpectedly" more often than not... Grrrr!!! It's a lot of the time due to Disqus, but I feel like I have to constantly worry and tiptoe about in Browser, knowing not "if" but "when" it will crash/close/whatever. And it isn't a Hybrid issue, as I've had the problem from Day 1 -- stock, hybrid, beta, final, etc.

Sorry just venting... LOL!

wokwo14 likes this.
    04-21-13 09:08 PM
    I just can't wait for a Q10, because I am freakin' SICK of Blackberry Browser crashing all the dang time... I see "closed unexpectedly" more often than not... Grrrr!!! It's a lot of the time due to Disqus, but I feel like I have to constantly worry and tiptoe about in Browser, knowing not "if" but "when" it will crash/close/whatever. And it isn't a Hybrid issue, as I've had the problem from Day 1 -- stock, hybrid, beta, final, etc.

Sorry just venting... LOL!

It seems that the 9900 has really weird problems! Has anyone an idea why some phones work perfectly fine and some others don't? And it sounds to as if those problems were software ones and not hardware related...

04-22-13 01:15 AM
    I like my 9900 but always thought battery etc was os 7 related, I now have a 9810 and 9320 in the family, unfortunately they show the battery issues are 9900 not os, particularly the drain when in use!

Regards

Damian
    04-22-13 01:35 AM
    tried wipe complete and triple wipe on my 9860 ... wipe complete does not seem to completely wipe the sfi whereas triple wipe really wipes everything off my phone ... and effects are a blinking red light only after the wipe ... bl hyrid loaded easier with triple wipe than with wipe complete ... my antivirus identified triple wipe as a trojan but i was able to use it anyway ... have to see how my phone behaves over the next few days with 912 base ... 912 sfi and RC15 after triple wipe ...
    Yes, I found out the samething as you did, that's why I changed to Triple wipe, it's also important to do a factory reset once in a while and do a selective restore.

ifraser likes this.
    04-22-13 01:54 AM
10,888 ... 352353354355356 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD