I did some experiments, too. I just went outside and tried BB Maps and the location refresh thingy. And both are really inaccurate. I got measurements on the maps between 28 meters. With the original OS I got some 7 meters.
    The refreshment is even worse: "accuracy" of about 100m, even outside. :/ Any thoughts about that?

For an amateur like me it sounds quite odd as it's the same hardware (and most likely the same drivers)...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk.
    Don't worry, sometimes bad weather has effect on the satellites/GPS accuracy, you'll get your GPS accuracy back. I never mess around with the GPS or Maps cods (all are from OS .912)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    ifraser likes this.
    04-12-13 12:23 PM
    Hi Sator

Yes, shrunk all fonts other than Latin.

Just been doing some experimenting, it only affects attachments sent to my bt internet account.

If I send to my g.mail account attachement comes through as a word doc and docs to go reads it fine.

Very strange indeed !!!
    We need the times font in order to open a ppt. file and Sometimes we can't open an excel/words docs that come from 3rd parties (forwarded), it's not our BB, but it's from the server email settings (yahoo, Gmail etc.)

Legal Eagle likes this.
    04-12-13 12:29 PM
    Don't worry, sometimes bad weather has effect on the satellites/GPS accuracy, you'll get your GPS accuracy back. I never mess around with the GPS or Maps cods (all are from OS .912)

Indeed, weather's bad at the moment. Quite a lot of clouds. I'll check again one other day wether the accuracy comes back.
    Thanks again for your time and help. Appreciate it!

ifraser likes this.
    04-12-13 12:38 PM
    We need the times font in order to open a ppt. file and Sometimes we can't open an excel/words docs that come from 3rd parties (forwarded), it's not our BB, but it's from the server email settings (yahoo, Gmail etc.)

Thanks as always for the advice.

Will keep Times in future.
    04-12-13 12:42 PM
    There is now an Asia .912 available for the 9900.

Maybe the smaller .sfi may work better for some ?

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...F19CDE633555A7
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 04-12-13 at 01:50 PM.
    Sator and fahar like this.
    04-12-13 01:02 PM
    Even ppt files don't open! Shows "index -1<=6"

I too have all fonts shrunk out other than latin and indic! Will try my next load without shrinking times and report back
    04-12-13 03:39 PM
    Even ppt files don't open! Shows "index -1<=6"

I too have all fonts shrunk out other than latin and indic! Will try my next load without shrinking times and report back
    You need a font called tahoma or is it times ... can't remember lol

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    ifraser likes this.
    04-12-13 04:49 PM
    Well time for a new OS load. downloading the latest 9900 base os and the RC14b2.

let's see how I get on.

Sent from my Playbook
    04-12-13 05:17 PM
    Well time for a new OS load. downloading the latest 9900 base os and the RC14b2.

let's see how I get on.

Sent from my Playbook
    If you use the latest 9900 base OS (.912), then you should use RC14B for .86x & .9xx SFI (exept .862 SFI) not RC14B2.

04-12-13 05:45 PM
    You need a font called tahoma or is it times ... can't remember lol

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    it's times font
    04-13-13 12:19 AM
    jvm error 545 and my phone gets wiped! woah
    04-13-13 03:07 AM
    just came from fighting with my device. 7.1.0.912 dropped for 9810 so decided to check it out. Ditching 861 base + 714 SFI + RC14B2 (non .8xx one with fixed TCP settings) which was working so smoothly. At first i tried plain .912 and it was working fine but i think my network was having issues in the morning and I blamed the 912 SFI so decided to load 912 base again but with 714 SFI and thats where problems started. Phone loads it and all but upon rebooting I get white screen with 602 error i think and option "reset". Tried it again thinking something went wrong somewhere and upon reboot same issue. cant afford such downtime so I just loaded 861 again with 714 base and rc14b2. Never gotten that error before. Strange indeed. Sadly now that I see even with my current mix I have little to no network I"m now thinking perhaps I judged 912 too harshly. Will try to reload it again. Will 912 base + 714 sfi work with rc14b2 or should i rather stick with 912base+sfi and rc14b?
    04-13-13 05:56 AM
    just came from fighting with my device. 7.1.0.912 dropped for 9810 so decided to check it out. Ditching 861 base + 714 SFI + RC14B2 (non .8xx one with fixed TCP settings) which was working so smoothly. At first i tried plain .912 and it was working fine but i think my network was having issues in the morning and I blamed the 912 SFI so decided to load 912 base again but with 714 SFI and thats where problems started. Phone loads it and all but upon rebooting I get white screen with 602 error i think and option "reset". Tried it again thinking something went wrong somewhere and upon reboot same issue. cant afford such downtime so I just loaded 861 again with 714 base and rc14b2. Never gotten that error before. Strange indeed. Sadly now that I see even with my current mix I have little to no network I"m now thinking perhaps I judged 912 too harshly. Will try to reload it again. Will 912 base + 714 sfi work with rc14b2 or should i rather stick with 912base+sfi and rc14b?
    I think the .714sfi is not compatible with .912 as base
    04-13-13 06:05 AM
    I recommend you to use base .912 + .912 sfi with RC14B, wipe your device before you reinstall the OS..

Phly_kid and ifraser like this.
    04-13-13 06:06 AM
    I just hope the 912 SFI is really good. Installing 912 OS again then will try that 912 base+sfi + rcb14. I'm trying to minimize how often i reload, trying to cut back on this addiction of constantly checking/testing bases and SFI's.
    ifraser likes this.
    04-13-13 06:13 AM
    Why no, it makes for fun testing
    At least with the OS7 devices you can restore
    to the same condition within 30 mins or so, the BB10 OS
    restore needs lots of changes like linking contacts etc after
    you restore.
    04-13-13 06:52 AM
    Why no, it makes for fun testing
    At least with the OS7 devices you can restore
    to the same condition within 30 mins or so, the BB10 OS
    restore needs lots of changes like linking contacts etc after
    you restore.
    Yet another backwards step with BB10. I've yet to hear anything about it that remotely begins to convince me to give up my 9900. As long as you guys are building Hybrids for it I'm going to stay with it.
    ifraser likes this.
    04-13-13 06:54 AM
    Anyone had any luck getting hold of the .945 Java ???
    04-13-13 06:56 AM
    6 days, rc14b for .86x&.9xx sfi (except .862 sfi) over 907 proximus base for 9790. on telus mobility network here in edmonton, canada.
    signal/reception excellent - probably best ive have ever experienced. as per bbda 3g connection 69.5%, 5 bars 61.83%
    battery after 6 days - normal drain rate as per bbda 1.35%/hr., running bluetooth on all the time for blackberry bridge.
    memory, no more than 15mb as per adv os & led, running very few apps, scoremobile, adv os & led, beweather & wheres my phone pro.
    tempurature when idle 21-23*c, with use upto 34*c.

i am impressed, i highly recommend this build.
    Sator, Legal Eagle and ifraser like this.
    04-13-13 11:44 AM
    I think I used RC14B2

Whatever I used, it all installed fine and device is running well nice.

Will double check when I get home.
    04-13-13 01:27 PM
    6 days, rc14b for .86x&.9xx sfi (except .862 sfi) over 907 proximus base for 9790. on telus mobility network here in edmonton, canada.
    signal/reception excellent - probably best ive have ever experienced. as per bbda 3g connection 69.5%, 5 bars 61.83%
    battery after 6 days - normal drain rate as per bbda 1.35%/hr., running bluetooth on all the time for blackberry bridge.
    memory, no more than 15mb as per adv os & led, running very few apps, scoremobile, adv os & led, beweather & wheres my phone pro.
    tempurature when idle 21-23*c, with use upto 34*c.

i am impressed, i highly recommend this build.
    Great numbers!

May I ask you how your GPS works? I still have issues with that (and not working at all, at the moment).

04-13-13 02:02 PM
    Great numbers!

May I ask you how your GPS works? I still have issues with that (and not working at all, at the moment).

i dont use gps on my phone. i just tested it and it says within 106.02m keep in mind it is snowing and cloudy here in edmonton at the moment, i try and update when the weather gets better
    04-13-13 02:27 PM
    i dont use gps on my phone. i just tested it and it says within 106.02m keep in mind it is snowing and cloudy here in edmonton at the moment, i try and update when the weather gets better
    Thank you for trying! It seems quite odd, that this problem occurs only on very few phones...

04-13-13 02:42 PM
    GPS reception is affected by the weather (clouds and precipitation), as well as the solar cycle, causing inaccuracy. GPS reception is also degraded when the receiver isn't in an open area, causing difficulty getting a good fix or maintaining a good fix. GPS relies upon signals from multiple satellites. If the receiver is obstructed from the sky by trees or a building (even to one side) or is inside a vehicle, causing there to not be at least 3 satellites in clear view, the reported position may be very inaccurate or the receiver may not report a position at all. The best way to find out if a receiver is working properly is to leave it stationary for 20-30 minutes in an area with an unobstructed view of the sky. If necessary, you can put the phone in a zip-lock bag to protect it from the elements. If it doesn't get a lock after 20-30 minutes, try pulling the battery. If it doesn't get a good lock after that, there may be a hardware problem.
    deezy87 likes this.
    04-13-13 03:23 PM
    GPS reception is affected by the weather (clouds and precipitation), as well as the solar cycle, causing inaccuracy. GPS reception is also degraded when the receiver isn't in an open area, causing difficulty getting a good fix or maintaining a good fix. GPS relies upon signals from multiple satellites. If the receiver is obstructed from the sky by trees or a building (even to one side) or is inside a vehicle, causing there to not be at least 3 satellites in clear view, the reported position may be very inaccurate or the receiver may not report a position at all. The best way to find out if a receiver is working properly is to leave it stationary for 20-30 minutes in an area with an unobstructed view of the sky. If necessary, you can put the phone in a zip-lock bag to protect it from the elements. If it doesn't get a lock after 20-30 minutes, try pulling the battery. If it doesn't get a good lock after that, there may be a hardware problem.
    F___in' right! Nicely said bimmer!

There are A LOT of variables when you're trying to lock onto your GPS.

I have also bolded and underlined some important parts of my homie, bimmerdriver's post, please pay attention! LOL.

Sent from my BlackBerry™ Bold� 9900 smart phone - Powered by BerryLicio.us Ultimate 7.1 hybrid system on RC14B 9900/7.1.0.912 (B2508) - Using my thumbs
    Last edited by sharma0702; 04-13-13 at 03:53 PM.
    bimmerdriver and ifraser like this.
    04-13-13 03:33 PM
10,888 ... 345346347348349 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD