Do you know who the carrier is?
    I think it's Vodafone.de (German)

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Sator; 04-11-13 at 08:23 AM.
    ifraser and Legal Eagle like this.
    04-11-13 07:54 AM
    It is indeed voda.de using the betazone to promote it but
    I am told it is 9790 only currently, but still trying to get the java

I think it's Vodafone.de (German)

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    04-11-13 10:49 AM
    It is indeed voda.de using the betazone to promote it but
    I am told it is 9790 only currently, but still trying to get the java
    From Blackberry Base:

Bundle 2596 is now available for download on the following supported devices:

•BlackBerry 9981
    •BlackBerry 9900
    •BlackBerry 9860
    •BlackBerry 9810
    •BlackBerry 9930
    •BlackBerry 9850
    •BlackBerry 9370
    •BlackBerry 9310

Problem is that it is only available on Betazone but Betazone won't allow you to download it !!!

BlackBerryBase Portal - BlackBerry 7.1.0.945 HandHeld Software External Beta
    04-11-13 10:57 AM
    My little brother has a 9790, I can try to change regions and try to extract the java. Let's see what happens lol

Sent from my BlackBerry� Bold� 9900 smart phone - Powered by BerryLicio.us Ultimate 7.1 hybrid series on RC14B 9900/7.1.0.912 (B2508) - Using my thumbs
    04-11-13 01:06 PM
    Oh so I am a fly on the wall now am i
    I was trying to be secretive...gosh! LOL you blew your cover hahahahahahahahah you snitched on yourself LMFAO HAHAHAHHAH
    ifraser likes this.
    04-11-13 01:59 PM
    I have since spoken, in broken german, to the poster, its only a 9790 test

From Blackberry Base:

Bundle 2596 is now available for download on the following supported devices:

•BlackBerry 9981
    •BlackBerry 9900
    •BlackBerry 9860
    •BlackBerry 9810
    •BlackBerry 9930
    •BlackBerry 9850
    •BlackBerry 9370
    •BlackBerry 9310

Problem is that it is only available on Betazone but Betazone won't allow you to download it !!!

BlackBerryBase Portal - BlackBerry 7.1.0.945 HandHeld Software External Beta
    04-12-13 05:13 AM
    Atleast there is now a 912 version of our 9810, Just don't know whether to ditch 861 base as I have just whizzed past the 9900 forum to gauge how 912 is and some are saying that its not that great, features missing or hotspot not working. And since its freshly new no 9810 torch users review of it yet. I just loaded last night the fixed non 861 sfi rc14b2. I think they should just jump the entire .9xx and give us 7.2 already. It's about time.
    04-12-13 08:57 AM
    Just for the record I have 912 base for RC14B on the 9900 for the hybrid and the only thing that
    didnt work was BBDA, and that was sorted by a downgrade of the app.

Hotspot works a treat and the signal pickup excellent.

Hope that helps you decide.

Atleast there is now a 912 version of our 9810, Just don't know whether to ditch 861 base as I have just whizzed past the 9900 forum to gauge how 912 is and some are saying that its not that great, features missing or hotspot not working. And since its freshly new no 9810 torch users review of it yet. I just loaded last night the fixed non 861 sfi rc14b2. I think they should just jump the entire .9xx and give us 7.2 already. It's about time.
    04-12-13 10:08 AM
    I'm new here, so have a hello, altogether.

I've been following this forum and this topic, especially. I've got a Bold 9900 and I've something odd to report. I played around with those nice BerryLicio.us OS' and the offical ones. Currently I'm running RC14 with the .912 SFI and curiously I'm missing my GPS there. With the official .862 OS everything works fine - except for speed and occasional Java-Errors. So, I'm wondering if anyone else has the issue with the GPS.
    I hope this issue will end due to another official OS update and/or another BerryLicio.us hybrid. But in the meantime I have to decide between function and performance. Quite uncool, I have to say.
    04-12-13 11:08 AM
    Thats a very odd issue, having been the 1st tested I can confirm that my 9900 did and still
    does work ok with RC14B over the 912 base

It might require a reload, did you install the full package 1st from tmobile? I have to admit mine is
    the 912 package transplanted into the 861 folder as I installed it before the full package appeared.

I've been following this forum and this topic, especially. I've got a Bold 9900 and I've something odd to report. I played around with those nice BerryLicio.us OS' and the offical ones. Currently I'm running RC14 with the .912 SFI and curiously I'm missing my GPS there. With the official .862 OS everything works fine - except for speed and occasional Java-Errors. So, I'm wondering if anyone else has the issue with the GPS.
    I hope this issue will end due to another official OS update and/or another BerryLicio.us hybrid. But in the meantime I have to decide between function and performance. Quite uncool, I have to say.
    Phipson likes this.
    04-12-13 11:17 AM
    Thats a very odd issue, having been the 1st tested I can confirm that my 9900 did and still
    does work ok with RC14B over the 912 base

It might require a reload, did you install the full package 1st from tmobile? I have to admit mine is
    the 912 package transplanted into the 861 folder as I installed it before the full package appeared.
    I reported same issue on day of release but had no feedback from anyone so assumed it was a one off for me.

Never followed it up as I don't really use GPS but always check how accurate it is after each new load.

Discovered yesterday that my Docs To Go is also not working.

.861 Digicell base with .912 .sfi

Exact same shrink settings as used on all previous RC loads.
    04-12-13 11:22 AM
    Hi!

Thanks for the quick reply. Actually, I'm not sure from where my .912 OS is from. The file's called "9900jAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel2508_PL5.1.0.641_A7.1.0. 912" and I don't remember where I downloaded it from. :/ Most likely directly from the blackberry.com page. Do you think this might be the source of my error?

I loaded this OS the second or third time. I switched between the original and hybrid OS' multiple times as I was unsatisfied with the results.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk.
    04-12-13 11:24 AM
    I reported same issue on day of release but had no feedback from anyone so assumed it was a one off for me.

Never followed it up as I don't really use GPS but always check how accurate it is after each new load.

Discovered yesterday that my Docs To Go is also not working.

.861 Digicell base with .912 .sfi

Exact same shrink settings as used on all previous RC loads.
    First of all, it's nice to hear that I'm not the only one with that error.
    Actually, I'm quite the perfectionist when it comes to my investments. I just like to have the full potential of my 'Berry. And I do some Geocaching and my Curve 8900 did a good job for that. Therefore I'd continue my career with my Bold. And it might come in handy when I travel.

04-12-13 11:32 AM

Do a fresh location, go to options>device>location settings> click  , click refresh location, and your GPS will work Ok., sometimes we have to refresh our location outside (open air).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Phipson likes this.
    04-12-13 11:37 AM
    Do a fresh location, go to options>device>location settings> click  , click refresh location, and your GPS will work Ok., sometimes we have to refresh our location.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/13/ga9e8ave.jpg

Tried that several times, scans for satellites for while and then says location update failed.
    Phipson likes this.
    04-12-13 11:40 AM
    Tried that several times, scans for satellites for while and then says location update failed.
    Same here!

04-12-13 11:41 AM
    ... But thank you for your quick replies and suggestions!

04-12-13 11:42 AM
    Same here!

Do it in open air (out side)

04-12-13 11:45 AM
    Do a fresh location, go to options>device>location settings> click  , click refresh location, and your GPS will work Ok., sometimes we have to refresh our location outside (open air).

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/13/ga9e8ave.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/13/uvegevyn.jpg
    OK, disregard what I just said! It works! Yeah, great! Thank y'all!

Sator likes this.
    04-12-13 11:45 AM
    And it worked inside as well. But near the window.

04-12-13 11:46 AM
    Do it in open air (out side)

Always worked before on every other build from the comfort of my armchair !!!

Tried it near the window and blow me but it worked. Nice one Sator.

Any thoughts on Docs To Go ?

Will open .pdf but not word or excel.

Word docs atatched to e.mail displayed as winmail.dat file and when I try to open get the message attachment type can not be viewed on your device.

When I click on the docs to go icon nothing happens but it is shown as installed in app management.
    04-12-13 11:47 AM
    Always worked before on every other build from the comfort of my armchair !!!

Any thoughts on Docs To Go ?

Will open .pdf but not word or excel.
    Did you shrink times font? If not un install Docs2go, reboot your device and re install it back.,

04-12-13 11:51 AM
    Did you shrink times font? If not un install Docs2go, reboot your device and re install it back.,

Hi Sator

Yes, shrunk all fonts other than Latin.

Just been doing some experimenting, it only affects attachments sent to my bt internet account.

If I send to my g.mail account attachement comes through as a word doc and docs to go reads it fine.

Very strange indeed !!!
    04-12-13 12:04 PM
    I did some experiments, too. I just went outside and tried BB Maps and the location refresh thingy. And both are really inaccurate. I got measurements on the maps between 28 meters. With the original OS I got some 7 meters.
    The refreshment is even worse: "accuracy" of about 100m, even outside. :/ Any thoughts about that?

For an amateur like me it sounds quite odd as it's the same hardware (and most likely the same drivers)...

howards likes this.
    04-12-13 12:10 PM
    I did some experiments, too. I just went outside and tried BB Maps and the location refresh thingy. And both are really inaccurate. I got measurements on the maps between 28 meters. With the original OS I got some 7 meters.
    The refreshment is even worse: "accuracy" of about 100m, even outside. :/ Any thoughts about that?

For an amateur like me it sounds quite odd as it's the same hardware (and most likely the same drivers)...

Gave me about 30 meters too. My house number is 77 and told me I was at 73, but that is on a par with all previous builds accuracy wise.
    04-12-13 12:13 PM
10,888 ... 344345346347348 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD