I have seen this steps, but I cant firgure out which OS base do I need to use for the latest RC. So I need some exact instructions on how to install, and which files should I download to have this OS fully loaded on my 9900.
    Hang fire for a few days, there is a new version in testing so should be released very soon.

As you have 9900 use .861 base and use teh RC version that specifies .861 base rather than the non .861 version.

Download and install the base OS.

Download and unzip the RC file.

Open the base OS folder on your PC, you will see UMTS folder, Java Folder and a number of .alx files.

Copy and paste the RC .alx file and paste (overwrite) into the OS folder where the .alx files are.

Open the Java Folder and copy and paste (overwrite) all the Java files from the RC zip.

You now have a Hybrid OS, shrink to taste, back up your phone, wipe and install the OS you have created using app loader.
    Gabouka likes this.
    03-27-13 12:47 PM
    Thanks Legal .. I run the 9930 that device hardly ever gets updates so have to live of hybrids for stuff.
    03-27-13 01:35 PM
    Legal I guess it isn't like the 5.x 6.x days when the hybrid guys quickly swapped out the files and a day or two later you had a decent hybrid from lyricdal or one of the other guys. I know they working on the hybrid but just curious to get some insight on which file set they getting good results from. As you know most of the files are usually the same across the build very few files get updated
    Every hybrider has his own style or "trademark/signature" including me, BL returns (Iking) and BL ultimate also has different kind of composition, that's our own "trademark/signature", so we'll know if some one is copying our work. Mixing a hybrid is not just swapping the same files accross the build, some times we have to change some cods to make it better or to over come errors. If you did swap all the .865 cods with .907 cods like what you said in the earlier post, for sure you'll get uncaught exeption errors.

RC14B is pretty solid and maybe the best by far, it's being tested by our group, and it should be ready this friday

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Legal Eagle and fahar like this.
    03-27-13 01:40 PM
    Thanks Sator .. I know it isn't alway as easy as swapping out the files, but as I stated I have the 9930 a device which hardly ever gets updates so I just have to make use of the various hybrids and at time I play around with creating one. Most people did full JAVA swap from the 9900 and think the device is stable. I use a locked down corporate Device I really only care about email battery call quality and web surfing .. don't care much for anything else. With such narrow requirements I guess most builds would be good for me

Keep up the good work guys and I will have to load your latest on Saturday as I would be out of town till Saturday
    03-27-13 01:48 PM
    update. bundle 2508 v7.1.0.912
    I am on T-mobile(Miami), I update from R13 and the Base from Digicel, 4 days ago, day later i got a update from Appword, today i got a update on Application Resource Monitor, But i guess the most significant is in the SFI 4g/4G lock full Bar and decide to test WiFi calling is working fine plus a Bonus, On Wifi Calling you also can used BBM Voice, i tested whit some contacs i have over seas(Panama) and work fine, no delay no eco , also i call local using Wifi calling and work perfect here in a Land Line(Miami), the only issue I have is whit What'sApp, some contacts don't Show(I have it save on my phone), only the number, when i try to merge don't work, so far is the only bug i have on this OS...

I will love to try R14 whit this base+sfi ....
    03-27-13 03:12 PM
    update. bundle 2508 v7.1.0.912
    I am on T-mobile(Miami), I update from R13 and the Base from Digicel, 4 days ago, day later i got a update from Appword, today i got a update on Application Resource Monitor, But i guess the most significant is in the SFI 4g/4G lock full Bar and decide to test WiFi calling is working fine plus a Bonus, On Wifi Calling you also can used BBM Voice, i tested whit some contacs i have over seas(Panama) and work fine, no delay no eco , also i call local using Wifi calling and work perfect here in a Land Line(Miami), the only issue I have is whit What'sApp, some contacts don't Show(I have it save on my phone), only the number, when i try to merge don't work, so far is the only bug i have on this OS...

I will love to try R14 whit this base+sfi ....
    Problem is that until an .exe file is available for .912 there is no way to make a Hybrid with the .sfi as it is only availabe OTA or via DM at present, so there are no files on your PC to add the magic mix to.

Fingers crossed that one will drop soon.

Just checked the TMo site and still no sign of it.
    03-27-13 03:30 PM
    Will RC14 work on the 9790? What base will I need to use?
    03-27-13 08:55 PM
    Will RC14 work on the 9790? What base will I need to use?
    Yes it will work on the 9790, you can use base .907

03-27-13 09:15 PM
    Yes it will work on the 9790, you can use base .907

Hi Sator, while waiting for RC14 can I use RC13 over .907 base on the 9790?

oh and one more thing, is it possible because installing bblink make BBHTools not working? I can't use my bbh anymore these days, don't know why it shows an error and ask me option to send the report to microsoft or not.
    03-27-13 09:40 PM
    Hi Sator, while waiting for RC14 can I use RC13 over .907 base on the 9790?

oh and one more thing, is it possible because installing bblink make BBHTools not working? I can't use my bbh anymore these days, don't know why it shows an error and ask me option to send the report to microsoft or not.
    Tomorrow Ian will release RC14B, so it's worth to wait Bro.

I don't have any problem with BB link n BBHtools (BBHtools some times shows an error when you open up BBHtools and there is no OS installed on your PC, just click continue), Check your BB device manager settings, and uncheck automatically connect when the computer starts. If the problem persist, un install BBHtools, clean your PC registry cleaner with CCleaner, reboot your PC and reinstall BBHtools.

Gerard Junior, giangp1 and clie610 like this.
    03-27-13 09:58 PM
    Tomorrow Ian will release RC14B.

Good news! I cann't wait anymore. Thanks!
    03-27-13 10:07 PM
    Ok thanks Sator. Strange though I never install BBHTools, just extract them from the downloaded file so I don't know how to uninstall it
    03-27-13 10:16 PM
    Tomorrow Ian will release RC14B, so it's worth to wait Bro.

Hooray!
    03-27-13 10:26 PM
    Ok thanks Sator. Strange though I never install BBHTools, just extract them from the downloaded file so I don't know how to uninstall it
    Sorry, what I meant to say was deleting the BBHtools files, ccleaner, reboot and download a fresh one.

03-27-13 11:20 PM
    Sator, the BlackBerry Device Analyzer doesn't work with the base 7.1.0.907. I can still use it with RC14 when it releases though, what do you think?
    03-28-13 01:26 AM
    Sator, the BlackBerry Device Analyzer doesn't work with the base 7.1.0.907. I can still use it with RC14 when it releases though, what do you think?
    We also had a problem with BBDA .54 which comes with OS .912, we stay with BBDA .47 and it works OK.

03-28-13 01:30 AM
    Yeah, that's why I asked Ian if I can get it elsewhere, seeing as how it didn't enable. He advised I check out theiexplorers and get an OTA for device analyzer!

A few hours in, and this build is flowing, ever so freely like water! You one-upped yourself, AGAIN! Hahahahahahah those horse steroids, man...LMFAO

Sent from my SAFE and SECURE BlackBerry� Bold� 9900 smart phone - Powered by BerryLicio.us Ultimate 7.1 Series hybrid OS RC14B 9900/7.1.0.912 (B2508) - Using Tapatalk
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    03-28-13 01:33 AM
    Sorry, what I meant to say was deleting the BBHtools files, ccleaner, reboot and download a fresh one.

It still doesn't work, I have to use bbboss now to shrink stuff
    03-28-13 03:25 AM
    It still doesn't work, I have to use bbboss now to shrink stuff
    I also use BBBoss for extracting Cods., it's easier to use than BBHtools, I use BBHtools to shrink, to inject cods. and to make an offline installer.

03-28-13 03:48 AM
    I also use BBBoss for extracting Cods., it's easier to use than BBHtools, I use BBHtools to shrink, to inject cods. and to make an offline installer.

True, but BBHtools can shrink more ....anyway have to live with it for now-- thanks again Sator
    03-28-13 05:48 AM
    I may have to go with base 825 and 714 SFI with the new mix when it drops. I'm now sitting at 22degrees temps. Pure bliss. I invested in what looked like the most beaten worn out rundown 20th hand battery you'd ever see. I was assured its good but even looking at it I was under the notion I'm experiencing the worst form of daylight robbery. However since this morning battery full at 8.30am its now 5pm on my side of the world and I'm sitting at 56% battery. I'm in awe and amazed. I'm even afraid to touch the phone lest it just "freaks out" and dies.
    Very light use may I add but now I'm comfortable that even with moderate use I can last an entire day from morning till I go to sleep. I'm a happy chap once again. (still not happy with how the battery looks even if it performs like a trooper).
    AOS reports a constant average drain rate of 4% every hour and meterberry is not showing anything below 5% ADR but i'm still happy. ecstatic even.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    03-28-13 10:11 AM
    Yeah, it's kind of wierd, but my 18 months old battery outperforms the backup one I bought brand new just before Christmas.
    03-28-13 10:30 AM
    When will you release RC14? Also, is it okay to leave the .907 sfi when I install RC14?
    03-28-13 04:16 PM
    When will you release RC14? Also, is it okay to leave the .907 sfi when I install RC14?
    There will be 2 variants to the RC14B that will be released, with sfi of 86x and without plus details as to which base would work out for you guys!

The release will happen maybe by Friday! You guys are going to love it! Just have to be patient, a little bit.

Sent from my SAFE and SECURE BlackBerry� Bold� 9900 smart phone - Powered by BerryLicio.us Ultimate 7.1 Series hybrid OS RC14B 9900/7.1.0.912 (B2508) - Using Tapatalk
    03-28-13 04:30 PM
    Yeah, it's kind of wierd, but my 18 months old battery outperforms the backup one I bought brand new just before Christmas.
    Yeah! legal gotta agree with ya!!
    The new BBRY packaged J-M1s shipping are downright "bogus" compared to the stock one that shipped with the 9900. I too got myself a 'new' Batt but no way comparable to the stock one.

03-28-13 06:22 PM
10,888 ... 332333334335336 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD