Hey Sator - are you recommending BB Easy Zero as better than BBSAK for pre-install wipes?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    I don't use BBSAK anymore, I use BBHtools to shrink an OS and wipe my device. I use BB Easy Zero once in a while to wipe the SFI.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    ifraser likes this.
    03-08-13 08:09 PM
    Let's not forget about jl_cmder for that all important 507 error.

Sent using Tapatalk
    03-08-13 09:46 PM
    since the sfi and battery life depend on what carrier you are on, it would be soo much easier if all of you guys added your carriers to your profile. this way i can see the results for people that are using the same network as me.
    03-09-13 01:17 AM
    Here is a question, sometimes when I receive/make a call the background is black, sometimes bluish. Anyone know why?

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...226_225740.jpg http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...117_100152.jpg
    Bug in 7.1. I get this running the latest Verizon build.
    03-09-13 01:42 AM
    They have improved the background I think but if it swaps between them then it is very odd,

Glad we have so many good results on rc13,

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 06:34 AM
    I also have this from time to time running on several different 7.1s - bug has been around for quite some time

03-09-13 11:15 AM
    I think someone mentioned that it happens when the phone detects sun light, its intentional.
    AhmedZaki and Sator like this.
    03-09-13 11:45 AM
    I think same (changes on detection of sunlight) also. Its always been happening since i got me bold 9900 years back!

Sent from BlackBerry� Bold� 9900 smart phone Using Tapatalk - Powered by 7.1.0.865 (B2428) RC13.
    03-09-13 01:26 PM
    I think someone mentioned that it happens when the phone detects sun light, its intentional.
    Now that you mention it, it does only happen to me when in my car during daytime.

03-09-13 02:43 PM
    Now that you mention it, it does only happen to me when in my car during daytime.

It becomes black so that you can read it better in the sunlight. Less strain on the eyes
    Mi.key likes this.
    03-09-13 10:35 PM
    With BIS deactive also, temps at 38 degrees with battery draining at more than 20% per hour
    03-09-13 10:39 PM
    With BIS deactive also, temps at 38 degrees with battery draining at more than 20% per hour
    I'm using RC13 with .714sfi and it runs super cool and very efficent, as i had mentioned earlier No complaints whatsoever.
    03-10-13 01:10 AM
    does anyone have the offline installer ( cods plus jad ) for BBM 7.0.0.126 ?
    03-10-13 08:25 AM
    does anyone have the offline installer ( cods plus jad ) for BBM 7.0.0.126 ?
    I'm uploading the ВВМ� file from my  , I hope I can do it right
    Attached Files
    03-10-13 08:46 AM
    I'm uploading the ВВМ™ file from my  , I hope I can do it right
    Thanks Sator, got it......God Bless !
    03-10-13 08:52 AM
    I'm currently using RC13 861 SFi. Works like a charm. My carriers latest release is 7.1.0.523 for BB9900 so somehow id like to try the SFi from that platform to see if there are any changes in signal strength. Yeah its an old sfi but it might work differently. I could be wrong. However, if i chose to go that route is this combination correct: Non 861 Sfi Hybrid + .523 sfi + base 861( or should I use 523 base/higher ). Thank you for the assistance!
    03-10-13 10:27 AM
    I'm currently using RC13 861 SFi. Works like a charm. My carriers latest release is 7.1.0.523 for BB9900 so somehow id like to try the SFi from that platform to see if there are any changes in signal strength. Yeah its an old sfi but it might work differently. I could be wrong. However, if i chose to go that route is this combination correct: Non 861 Sfi Hybrid + .523 sfi + base 861( or should I use 523 base/higher ). Thank you for the assistance!
    Hmmm...If I remember correctly, someone from the kitchen said that a lower sfi will not work, this was WAY BACK in the days, why won't it work? I have no clue at all. Maybe The Grand Wizard, Sator can chime in on this. LOL

Me personally, I use whatever I can at my disposal, although it is pretty fun/cool to work with a bucket load of variations to ones own 'taste', so to speak. Give it a shot, I would after some indulging (the BL group knows what I mean) and see whether or not that works in my favour.
    03-10-13 11:06 AM
    All,
    I have been following this wonderful hybrid through from almost day 1. The various incarnations have made my time with my trusty old 9900 much more enjoyable. Thanks to all the team for your hard work and speedy support.
    Now I'm moving on to the wonderful world of BB 10.

Take care all. ~ecm
    Sator likes this.
    03-10-13 01:22 PM
    Enjoy your new device! I'm happy for you!

It is a beast, I've played with a coworkers Z10 for 5 hours. I was hooked, BUT touch screen isn't my thing. I'm waiting for the Q!

Sent from the safe and also most secure device, my BlackBerry� Bold� 9900 smart phone - Powered by 7.1.0.865 (B2428) BerryLicio.us Ultimate 7.1 series RC13! - Using Tapatalk
    03-10-13 01:31 PM
    I had to go for the Z'. Lovin' it. But, I'll probably end up the the Q' as well...
    Cheers.
    03-10-13 02:31 PM
    Hmmm...If I remember correctly, someone from the kitchen said that a lower sfi will not work, this was WAY BACK in the days, why won't it work? I have no clue at all. Maybe The Grand Wizard, Sator can chime in on this. LOL

Me personally, I use whatever I can at my disposal, although it is pretty fun/cool to work with a bucket load of variations to ones own 'taste', so to speak. Give it a shot, I would after some indulging (the BL group knows what I mean) and see whether or not that works in my favour.
    So I gave it a shot and wiped my device then installed Non 861 Sfi Hybrid + .523 sfi + base 861 and good heavens it worked. Thanks for the Push. Day 1 for my BB9900 again! Will keep you updated!
    03-10-13 02:34 PM
    Give it a while to settle, 5 days max, and do the battery pulls as well!
    03-10-13 06:00 PM
    You have installed base .861 on your PC, next step; copy and paste RC13 Java folder and blackberryMessenger alx. to your Java base .861 (Overwrite all).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Just want to confirm the process before I try this new hybrid. I've installed a couple hybrids before with no issues using the same method, but the last install was a nightmare. Took me like 3+ hours to fix everything and I'm not sure what I did wrong so I'd just like to clarify the steps before proceeding.

Theoretically, I should be able to install the .861 on my PC, download RC13 for .861 sfi and combine/install the java folder and overwrite the bbm.alx file, then I should be able to just run BB Desktop Manager and it'll detect a new "update" once I delete the vendor files, and I'm good to go? It's not totally necessary to wipe and everything, right?
    03-10-13 11:16 PM
    Just want to confirm the process before I try this new hybrid. I've installed a couple hybrids before with no issues using the same method, but the last install was a nightmare. Took me like 3+ hours to fix everything and I'm not sure what I did wrong so I'd just like to clarify the steps before proceeding.

Theoretically, I should be able to install the .861 on my PC, download RC13 for .861 sfi and combine/install the java folder and overwrite the bbm.alx file, then I should be able to just run BB Desktop Manager and it'll detect a new "update" once I delete the vendor files, and I'm good to go? It's not totally necessary to wipe and everything, right?
    Yeah. That's the way
    axis. likes this.
    03-10-13 11:45 PM

wiping does give better results but that's your choice ! if you wipe don't forget to back it up and load OS via app loader is the way to go.......all the best !
    axis. likes this.
    03-10-13 11:46 PM
10,888 ... 324325326327328 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD