Hm installed rc13 + .861 base and sfi and now Desktop Manager can't see my phone to restore it. Don't know what to do
    restart computer and plug again to the device you should be good to go !
    Phusho likes this.
    03-06-13 06:03 AM
    RC13 with .861 sfi, the best Hybrid ever. Memory Leak is minimal. Never got this with any OS all the back to 7.0.0.261. 15 hours and just 6mb lost. WOW. But temps are between 30-35 degrees and very high battery drain. Still settling
    maxx71 and ifraser like this.
    03-06-13 06:04 AM
    RC13 with .861 sfi, the best Hybrid ever. Memory Leak is minimal. Never got this with any OS all the back to 7.0.0.261. 15 hours and just 6mb lost. WOW. But temps are between 30-35 degrees and very high battery drain. Still settling
    Temp and Adr was the reason i gave it up.......rest was unparalell
    03-06-13 06:07 AM
    Interesting about your memory leak. I'm on RC13 with .861 SFI and after 16 hours its on -0.4. and 29 degrees. However I did the install yesterday and it has thus far settled nicely.
    03-06-13 07:50 AM
    Hi Sator

Just to give you all some feedback.
    RC13 with .861 sfi digicell has been absolutely fantastic! The wifi and signal locking are strong. The OS is butter smooth. The browser is fast. MDR almost non-existent. ADR using Battery device analyzer is 1.1 -1.2% on low to medium usage -the best ever!! This has got to be the best results I have ever gotten from my 9900. I am on Vodafone UK and have noticed the call quality has also improved along with Bluetooth connection sound quality too!

A very BIG Thanks for this fantastic Hybrid build for all the team
    ifraser, Sator and deezy87 like this.
    03-06-13 07:53 AM
    Temp and Adr was the reason i gave it up.......rest was unparalell
    Another testament to the sfi`s not liking some networks, or vice-versa.

It seems to be related to the band that your network is using.

If they would all use the same ones that would help.
    maxx71, banbeit, dataphry and 1 others like this.
    03-06-13 07:56 AM
    8 hours and 4.6mb lost. I'm in love!!

Best OS EVER!
    03-06-13 01:05 PM
    I'm enjoying my RC13 mix + 861 OS however I'm experiencing random heat issue. the phone would just get hot out of the blue and this leads to battery draining way too fast. I have not been able to pinpoint it to a single app, maybe its the new twitter beta. Or maybe I need to reload OS or perhaps its just a hardware issue. th eonly time I noticed this phone being cool is when using plain .861 OS. perhaps its settling, I will give it more time, only second day in.

May I add that besides the heat issue I have an issue with my phone whereby the battery indicators would indicate something like say 35 percent and i would get that notifictaion of "battery too low for radio use meanwhile All the monitoring apps report I have 35% battery left. this usually happens when my battery percentage is between 30% and 40%. Attimes when I try to switch network back on it wouldnt work however most times it does but then if i use the phone slightly it starts dropping with increments of say 10% every two mins or so. meaing in about 5 mins the phone dies completely. Could it be my battery, my phone, or my charger? Charger seems fine though so its a toss up between phone and battery.
    Any ideas? assistance.
    Last edited by Phly_kid; 03-06-13 at 01:54 PM.
    03-06-13 01:39 PM
    I'm enjoying my RC13 mix + 861 OS however I'm experiencing random heat issue. the phone would just get hot out of the blue and this leads to battery draining way too fast. I have not been able to pinpoint it to a single app, maybe its the new twitter beta. Or maybe I need to reload OS or perhaps its just a hardware issue. th eonly time I noticed this phone being cool is when using plain .861 OS. perhaps its settling, I will give it more time, only second day in.
    I too use twitter beta. And the phone is hot. Goes to 36-37 degrees at times. Can't say if its twitter cauz that was the first app I installed before even using the phone. Just restored my backup and installed twitter. But I guess its twitter, because sator said .861 is cooler compared to .825
    03-06-13 01:46 PM
    I too use twitter beta. And the phone is hot. Goes to 36-37 degrees at times. Can't say if its twitter cauz that was the first app I installed before even using the phone. Just restored my backup and installed twitter. But I guess its twitter, because sator said .861 is cooler compared to .825
    When I was trying plain 861 OS i was highly impressed. I loved how cool it manged to be. I could just feel it from the back of my phone. Which is rare becaus emy phone is known to get very hot. with 825 I could reach het levels of about 45degree +. 48degrees being extreme. Figured rc13 could just be the magic touch it needed to shine.
    03-06-13 01:57 PM

Is it true?I also experiencing fast battery drain but in all it is great..would you tell me what band that is best for bl build?
    03-06-13 02:39 PM
    U guys were talking about high temperatures - may I ask what app to install in order to track the fone temperature?
    03-06-13 11:00 PM
    U guys were talking about high temperatures - may I ask what app to install in order to track the fone temperature?
    The good chunk of us here use MeterBerry 2.5.0, below is a screenshot so you have an idea as to what it is!

BerryLicio.us Ultimate hybrid for most OS 7.1 devices-munch_2013_03_07_000357.png
    hieupham likes this.
    03-06-13 11:05 PM
    So rc13 + .861 base and SFI, two battery pulls - over night on 3G idle on 19 C and 0.2 ADR
    maxx71 likes this.
    03-07-13 01:57 AM
    So rc13 + .861 base and SFI, two battery pulls - over night on 3G idle on 19 C and 0.2 ADR
    that's good......i could never get my device to 19 C even on idle when the outside temp was 12 C.
    03-07-13 03:00 AM

my network liked .714 and to a certain extend .746, rest have not worked for me in context to the ADr, signal or infact one thing or the other.
    Now that i am using RC13 with .714sfi, it seems to work like a charm and have no compalints whatsoever
    Sator likes this.
    03-07-13 03:06 AM
    I wasn't going to post this, but I had a really messed up load!

My device would randomly reboot either on charge or just by itself....I was kinda in awe.

Long story short I used BB Easy Zero, and all is well now!

So....RC 14 guys? LMFAO

Sent from the safe and also most secure device, my BlackBerry� Bold� 9900 smart phone - Powered by 7.1.0.865 (B2428) BerryLicio.us Ultimate 7.1 series RC13! - Using Tapatalk
    If you could please say how you used bb easy zero ? Which option did you select ? I have the same problem.
    03-07-13 03:52 AM

May I add that besides the heat issue I have an issue with my phone whereby the battery indicators would indicate something like say 35 percent and i would get that notifictaion of "battery too low for radio use meanwhile All the monitoring apps report I have 35% battery left. this usually happens when my battery percentage is between 30% and 40%. Attimes when I try to switch network back on it wouldnt work however most times it does but then if i use the phone slightly it starts dropping with increments of say 10% every two mins or so. meaing in about 5 mins the phone dies completely. Could it be my battery, my phone, or my charger? Charger seems fine though so its a toss up between phone and battery.
    Any ideas? assistance.
    Phly, I think your batt. is leaking. What you can try is calibrating your battery; drain your batt. untill your device turned off by itself, charge your device untill it's full. If your problem persist, then you have to change your batt.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-07-13 05:57 AM
    If you could please say how you used bb easy zero ? Which option did you select ? I have the same problem.
    Well once your device is connected to the laptop/pc open up BB easy zero, the option you want to select is 'WIPE ROM'.

Once the device is COMPLETELY wiped, you're just going to have a black screen with a blinking LED.

Open up BBH Tool, shrink your OS/hybrid, launch loader, and you should know what to do from there.

I was given this tip from my buddy Sator!
    AhmedZaki likes this.
    03-07-13 07:19 AM
    In more ways than one i have done that. because I'd use the phone until around 35% when it would die before I even know. This morning I was watching a simple trailer online and phone just went off. Battery was around 48% level. When i connected it to charge it showed 3% and slowly charged till 100. Now i'm sitting at 94%. So as you can see, one can say I have "already been calibrating" my battery without actually intending to. It would just die, when i plug it on charger it shows that indeed it was flat and continues to charge till I unplug it from the charger.
    Wish I had a spare battery to test with so that I can be certain that its the battery and not the phone. Battery is around 7 months and I was told it was an original one. I never used to have this particular issue. The battery would drain normally, only over the last month or so did the problem occur.
    03-07-13 08:50 AM
    In more ways than one i have done that. because I'd use the phone until around 35% when it would die before I even know. This morning I was watching a simple trailer online and phone just went off. Battery was around 48% level. When i connected it to charge it showed 3% and slowly charged till 100. Now i'm sitting at 94%. So as you can see, one can say I have "already been calibrating" my battery without actually intending to. It would just die, when i plug it on charger it shows that indeed it was flat and continues to charge till I unplug it from the charger.
    Wish I had a spare battery to test with so that I can be certain that its the battery and not the phone. Battery is around 7 months and I was told it was an original one. I never used to have this particular issue. The battery would drain normally, only over the last month or so did the problem occur.
    My original battery is around 18 months old now and holds a charge just as well as a spare I got just before Christmas.

Genuine JM1's are so cheap on Amazon it just made sense to carry a spare just in case.

I tend to swap out the batteries once a week to keep the spare fully charged.

I have noticed that with the .861 base I have occasionally had the phone "freeze" when I take it off the charging dock i.e. although it comes out of bedside mode the charging symbol in the battery indicator is still there even though no charging source is connected.

When this happens the battery drops like a stone but as usual the good old battery pull sorts the issue.
    03-07-13 09:42 AM
    As I said, its more than likely a bad load, sh1t happens.

I usually wipe and load all over again if something seems kinda messed up, and thus eliminating the issue(s) I had or was having to begin with.

Can't blame the builder(s) for our own f*ck ups, or general bad loads. I'll restate it, sh1t happens.

Sent from the safe and also most secure device, my BlackBerry� Bold� 9900 smart phone - Powered by 7.1.0.865 (B2428) BerryLicio.us Ultimate 7.1 series RC13! - Using Tapatalk
    03-07-13 09:55 AM
    @sharma0702 no it is not a bad load. And it is not the fault of any hybrids as this happens even with plain OS both leaked or not. Its a hardware issue I know, pinpointing the culprit is the issue. I just posted it here because most hybrid users are risk takers and are probably the only ones who may have experienced what I'm experiencing. Thank you for the input @legal eagle
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    03-07-13 10:52 AM
    Since doing a fresh load, I haven't faced any issues at all....I'm going to stick with saying it was a bad load.

03-07-13 11:17 AM
    Since doing a fresh load, I haven't faced any issues at all....I'm going to stick with saying it was a bad load.

Sent from the safe and also most secure device, my BlackBerry� Bold™ 9900 smart phone - Powered by 7.1.0.865 (B2428) BerryLicio.us Ultimate 7.1 series RC13! - Using Tapatalk
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing the hybrid in any way, Infact its due to the hybrids that I enjoy my phone at all. the reason I maintain that it is not a bad load is due to the fact that the problem has persisted irrespective of what OS or hybrid I have had on my phone. The heat issue I have had since I first got my phone before I even knew anything about loading a hybrid. The loosing power issue I have had over a month now on each and every OS I try on.
    Surely I cannot be having a bad load everytime all the time. Very highly skilled members around here and thats the only reason i posted about the issue in this particular thread first before posting it in the 9810 forum. In addition it was in reply to @rgshah3 as he too owns a torch 9810 like I do.
    I'm willing to even wipe my phone clean and load RC13 +861 OS again and try reproduce the problem & post screenshots just to prove to you that its not a bad load.
    03-07-13 11:42 AM
10,888 ... 322323324325326 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD