Goodness...only know about this after what? After almost 2 years having my Dakota!! Thanks for the info Ian, it answered the reason why my wifi can't be more than 3 meters from the router.
    What a bad QC since this happens to many other Dakota handsets. I am a very happy person this morning since my wifi connection is working as my old BB9000 again!

Cheeers!

No bother, I had to do it to my sons White 9900, didnt hold a wifi signal at all, moved the aerial sticker back in place and wow!!! full signal in the whole house.

2 minute fix makes a huge difference
    03-04-13 03:29 AM
    Ian......you, my friend have b@lls of steel LOL. Knowing my luck I'd mess something else up while fixing one thing lol.
    ifraser likes this.
    03-04-13 12:59 PM
    A little question..I just got my bb 9900 a little while ago and based on my experience with my bb 9780 I know quite a few things in shrinking and mixing the base os and the hybrid..I managed to cook out the 861 base with the bl rc13 and it turns out lovely..but there's quite some errors occurred..I cannot see the modules properties in application management,is this normal?..and is there a guideline of what can be shrinked in bbos7?coz I usually shrinked out bbid and learnt that setup can't be used after I shrink it..
    03-04-13 01:19 PM
    @ivar through Desktop Manager?

I shrunk out something in the past I should not have, I got the same errors you're describing.....care to give us more info?

help us, help you!
    03-04-13 01:23 PM
    @ivar through Desktop Manager?

I shrunk out something in the past I should not have, I got the same errors you're describing.....care to give us more info?

help us, help you!
    Alright well I use bbhtool to shrink the os and loader application to load it..at first I shrinked a lot from the os just like I shrink the os6 before and after countless wiping and reloading I stopped shrinking excessively and just shrink application and cods that I don't use like games and other languages..after that I just replace the cods in the os with bl rc13 cods,no more shrinking after that..but still the error occurred..
    03-04-13 01:38 PM
    I'm sorry, I don't think I got my point across clearly.

What error(s) are you getting? Are you able to give us an error code or does a pop up appear telling you what the issue(s) are?
    03-04-13 01:45 PM
    I'm sorry, I don't think I got my point across clearly.

What error(s) are you getting? Are you able to give us an error code or does a pop up appear telling you what the issue(s) are?
    The errors I found occurring in event log are java exception missingresourceexception and application control lvHG..the problem that's bothering me just that I can't read the module properties in application management
    03-04-13 01:54 PM
    Just updated my phone's software (Digicel v7.1.0.861 bundle 2364 + BL RC13). Now when I check phone's software version I see v7.1.0.865 bundle 2428).
    Can someone explain this?
    03-04-13 01:59 PM
    Unfortunately I can't help you out here, sorry Although I can bet my bottom dollar, Chef Sator might be able to tell you a thing or two, and hopefully you can get rid of the errors you're getting and things should flow like water.

Did you happen to shrink out tasks/plans or something similar in nature? That MIGHT be why you're getting the errors. I remember one time I shrunk tasks, I think....I'd get some weird error after booting up/battery pull. I felt pretty sharp after that one! LMAO
    Last edited by sharma0702; 03-04-13 at 02:08 PM. Reason: typo
    03-04-13 02:02 PM
    Just updated my phone's software (Digicel v7.1.0.861 bundle 2364 + BL RC13). Now when I check phone's software version I see v7.1.0.865 bundle 2428).
    Can someone explain this?
    RC13 shows up as 7.1.0.865 (Bundle 2428)

All is well! That just means that you've successfully loaded RC13 on your base of .861!
    03-04-13 02:06 PM
    Unfortunately I can't help you out here, sorry Although I can bet my bottom dollar, Chef Sator might be able to tell you a thing or two, and hopefully you can get rid of that errors you're getting and things should flow like water.

Did you happen to shrink out tasks/plans or something similar in nature? That MIGHT be why you're getting the errors. I remember one time I shrunk tasks, I think....I'd get some weird error after booting up/battery pull. I felt pretty sharp after that one! LMAO
    I hope so I didn't shrink task but I do shrink plan..maybe that's the problem I'll try again this time without shrinking plan..hope that the errors would disappear
    Thanks for the tip
    03-04-13 02:09 PM
    I hope so I didn't shrink task but I do shrink plan..maybe that's the problem I'll try again this time without shrinking plan..hope that the errors would disappear
    Thanks for the tip
    Yes...I said it might work, if anything add me on BBM and I can be of further assistance.

289E6351
    03-04-13 02:12 PM
    I'd update my phone 9900 with RL13+digicel base 7.1.0.861,but still see 7.1 Bundle 2364 (v7.1.0.861 as version,pls assist.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-04-13 02:59 PM
    There is an excellent post somewhere, i did copy it once, on what is safe to shrink out, and what to leave in! ill keep searching for it. I did post it on here once
    03-04-13 03:01 PM
    This is the post

Originally Posted by gladiator82
    BBHybrid-Tool v4.9.3

Other than the obvious pics, music files, What shall I shrink? I don't know what some options are?

Here is an in depth explanation:

Amazon MP3 Store: Shop 17 million songs and play your music on your BlackBerry

Application Center: Application Center is for your carrier to push applications to you. (not needed usually as you can get your select apps from AppWorld

AT&T Hotspot: Free AT&T Wi-Fi access at thousands of hotspot locations nationwide (works only on select devices for AT&T Users only, check with your carrier)

Backup Assistant: Performs the same functions as the the regular back up through DM, works only for Verizon customers and is not needed!

Chinese Dictionary: As the title says, if you're not chinese, shrink it!

City ID: Shows the number of the caller and their state, only works with a few carriers and is safe to shrink.

DocsToGo: Office like apps for your BlackBerry (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to view & edit Microsoft Office files.

DoD Certificates: Department of Defence use encrypted cetrificates which are enbedded on CAC card this module allows the Blackberry to read the information on the card correctly so the user can actually use their handheld. If you don't work for the Department of Defense, shrink it!

Event Log Viewer: Shows the event log of your BlackBerry, only useful if you are having constant problems and want to give the information to a tech-support agent.

G3eWalk: Chinese module that is a potential malware feeder, SHRINK IT!

Help Files: BlackBerry help files for n00bies, safe to shrink

IT Policy Viewer: The IT policy viewer permits a user to view IT policy rules from the Security policy group and Password policy group that have values configured. If you are not using a work BlackBerry, shrink it!

Lunar Calendar: Chinese calendar to display the Tiong Hua Tiong Hua calendar year. Safe to srhink.

Memopad: Useful app for taking notes on your BlackBerry.

Mobile Stock: No additional info found

music.cn: useless chinese music app

Mobile Market: useless app, shrink safely

Mobile Reader: useless app, shrink safely

movitalk: useless carrier pushed app, safe to shrink

MyFaves: useless T-Mobile pushed apps, safe to shrink

Password Keeper/Wizard: An app that stores all your passwords safely, shrink it if you don't use it

PIMClient: no additional info found, shrink if you've never used it

Setup Wizard: Setup wizard for e-mails, BBM, Wifi, Bluetooth. Not recommended to be shrunk.

Sure Type T12: Suretype works when you can spell, or use words that are not common

Slacker: Personal Radio for your BlackBerry, safe to shrink if you don't use it.

S/MIME Support: Blackberry S/MIME is a component of the Blackberry Enterprise Server.

T-Mobile Backup: If you are not a T-Mobile customer, shrink this

Tasks: Useful app for sheculing your tasks.

TeleNav: Carrier pushed app, shrink if you don't use it

TTY (Hearing-Impaired): TTY is for the hearing impaired. You would only use TTY if you're going to attach a TeleType device.

VCAST Music: Verizon pushed app that can identify a song you hear using the VCast Song ID, Useless!

VCAST Raphsody: Works with VCAST Music to identify songs, useless!!

Verizon Push-To-Talk: PTT app for Verizon customers only; shrink if you are not one.

Visual Voice Mail: Allows users to view their voice mail messages in a message list and quickly see the details of a voice mail message, such as the sender, the length of the voice mail message, the date, and the time. Only works on a few carriers.

Vodafone Music App: Vodafone Music is developed by RealNetworks, Inc. and only works for Vodafone users. Shrink safely if you don't use it.

Voice Activated Dialing: Gives you the ability to say the name of the person you wish to call. Useful app but shrink if you don't ever use it.

Voice Notes Recorder: Enables you to record voice notes rather than type them. Useful app and not recommended to be shrunk.

VZ Navigator: Verizon pushed app that tells you where you are and what's nearby, providing turn-by-turn directions to get to your destination on time. Shrink safely if you don't use it.

YouTube: as the name implies, an app that enables you to easil view YouTube videos on your BlackBerry

Accessibility options: Includes many features that facilitate use by persons with disabilities.

Bluetooth: Essential for the functionality of Bluetooth connectivity on your device. Only shrink it if you never use Bluetooth.

Camera: Essential for the functionality of the Camera (still shots) on your device. Only shrink it if you never use the camera.

Video Camera: Essential for the functionality of the Camera (Video Recording) on your device. Only shrink it if you never use the camera.

Default 102DM: If you don't know what this is, then you probably shouldn't be shrinking it.

Engineering Screen: Hidden menu for the purpose of debugging for developers in Blackberry mobile phone which is named as Engineering Mode and contains some hidden options. Shrink if you don't need it.

OTA Upgrade: essential if you rely on updating your device Over The Air (carrier OS), shrink if you usually update yourself.

MBP Files: Mobile Books, I have always shrunk this with 0 problems.
    deezy87 and MetalxAssassinx like this.
    03-04-13 03:07 PM
    This is what I shrink out...via my work laptop runnin good ol' XP

I have experienced ZERO issues. As you can see this is a all work, get your sh1t done, Bold! hahahahaha

On a side note, EXCELLENT post BigWhiteUK!! Well done!

BerryLicio.us Ultimate hybrid for most OS 7.1 devices-71.88mb.jpg
    03-04-13 03:21 PM
    virtually the same here and never had a problem since getting the phone over a year ago
    03-04-13 03:34 PM
    The errors I found occurring in event log are java exception missingresourceexception and application control lvHG..the problem that's bothering me just that I can't read the module properties in application management
    You can shrink plan cods but do not shrink Task cod, it will cause missingresources exception, use BBHtools to shrink (don't do it manually except you're an advance user). With standard OS we'll also get an app. Control IVHG error in event log whenever we open up app. Management. We can't read the module properties anymore, BB changed it since a few OSes back.

Last edited by Sator; 03-04-13 at 05:52 PM.
    03-04-13 05:34 PM
    Hey there,kindly paste an attachment with 7.1.0.865 (B2428) for 9900. Thanks in anticipation.
    03-04-13 06:32 PM
    What type of attachment? If you're looking for RC13, just go to the first page, first post...there are 2 versions available. 1 is for the .861 sfi the other is non-sfi
    03-04-13 06:45 PM
    Sator..........................,how do I get .865 to combo with RC13?
    03-04-13 06:55 PM
    Sator..........................,how do I get .865 to combo with RC13?
    For 9790/9320 with base .865 n 865 sfi, you can use RC13 for .86x sfi

03-04-13 07:03 PM
    No its the base .865 I need,need em for my 9900!I did update with the .861 from digicel,but think i'll prefer d .865 base instead.Thanks
    03-04-13 07:11 PM
    No its the base .865 I need,need em for my 9900!I did update with the .861 from digicel,but think i'll prefer d .865 base instead.Thanks
    No need to use Base .865 since 75 % of RC13 are from .865 cods, that's why it shows OS .865 and bundle 2425 (.865), but if you wanna use base .865 you can use the base .865 for 9790, you have to change some cods. (Blackberry themes cods, games cods, virtual keyboard cods etc.) with 9900's cods.

03-04-13 07:22 PM
    Is the 7.1.0.865 available for your device?

If so go use it as your base for RC13, bada-bing, bada-boom! Lol

Sent from the safe and also most secure device, my BlackBerry� Bold� 9900 smart phone - Powered by 7.1.0.865 (B2428) BerryLicio.us Ultimate 7.1 series RC13! - Using Tapatalk
    03-04-13 07:22 PM
10,888 ... 319320321322323 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD