Got to agree with Sator that the Digicell .sfi does seem to be an improvement over the Telecom NZ version.

Better signal strength in known low signal areas on 3G and runs a little cooler too, although nowhere near .714 temps.

Also, it does seem to need a little running time before reaching optimum performance.
    Sator likes this.
    03-02-13 04:44 AM
    Got to agree with Sator that the Digicell .sfi does seem to be an improvement over the Telecom NZ version.

Better signal strength in known low signal areas on 3G and runs a little cooler too, although nowhere near .714 temps.

Also, it does seem to need a little running time before reaching optimum performance.
    We don't have to worry about the temp. readings, IMO....714 and .523 sfi have the temp. Reading glitch. .861 sfi is pretty cool, we can feel it thru the batt. Back door.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-02-13 05:45 AM
    Hi Sator,

Let us informed. which SFI is better from 861? Thanks a lot!
    03-02-13 05:50 AM
    Hi Sator,

Let us informed. which SFI is better from 861? Thanks a lot!
    SFI is also carrier's dependent, IMO RC13 .86x sfi works well with .861 sfi, and for the RC13 Non .86x sfi, works well with .825 sfi (a lil bit warmer)

03-02-13 06:18 AM
    SFI is also carrier's dependent, IMO RC13 .86x sfi works well with .861 sfi, and for the RC13 Non .86x sfi, works well with .825 sfi (a lil bit warmer)

Which one is better if you compare with the one from "Digicell" and "Telecom NZ"? I am going to run with "RC13 + 861 SFI". Sorry to disturb you and appreciate it to get your help. Cheers!
    03-02-13 06:40 AM
    Which one is better if you compare with the one from "Digicell" and "Telecom NZ"? I am going to run with "RC13 + 861 SFI". Sorry to disturb you and appreciate it to get your help. Cheers!
    I have used both, and IMO the Digicell one is the better of the two.
    Sator likes this.
    03-02-13 07:00 AM
    Yes some sorts of pre booking but its all delaers managed affairs.

z10 is up for sale? i thought it was for preorder in our country
    03-02-13 07:03 AM
    I have used both, and IMO the Digicell one is the better of the two.
    it is clear and thank you very much for your effort.
    03-02-13 07:06 AM
    Despite a very glitchy install (which I don't hold BL responsible for), the Digicel .861 OS + BL 13 is very stable and has worked very well, right from when the installation finished.
    03-02-13 11:48 AM
    Rc 12 has settled in so well, don't feel like installing rc13

Temperature is the only problem
    03-02-13 01:56 PM
    i just installed RC13A full on .861, Thanks to Sator !!, its running well and smooth, Have noticed how the browser is shocking smooth !, i just have this one little problem..

It looks like that my Wifi Signal and Mobile network signal are just horrible.. Could anyone tell me an SFI that makes the signal and wifi signal more stronger? Regarding how my phone will be warmer or any battery issues
    and i also want it to be higher then .714 cause it has a music player bug which i hate
    Thanks All!. Hussain
    03-02-13 02:09 PM
    i just installed RC13A full on .861, Thanks to Sator !!, its running well and smooth, Have noticed how the browser is shocking smooth !, i just have this one little problem..

It looks like that my Wifi Signal and Mobile network signal are just horrible.. Could anyone tell me an SFI that makes the signal and wifi signal more stronger? Regarding how my phone will be warmer or any battery issues
    and i also want it to be higher then .714 cause it has a music player bug which i hate
    Thanks All!. Hussain
    Try .794 it was good for me. Amazing wifi lock
    03-02-13 10:13 PM
    Thank you very much Rgshah !, Will try that now

Also i would like to mention that App world and Blackberry protect aren't working except with a wifi connection.. I think it has something to do with Blackberry ID, Also Blackberry news didn't retrieve my RSS at all... And the signal problem maybe caused by my carrier not by the OS, But i'm pretty sure the wifi is because of the SFI

Thanks again appreciate
    03-03-13 04:51 AM

Also i would like to mention that App world and Blackberry protect aren't working except with a wifi connection.. I think it has something to do with Blackberry ID, Also Blackberry news didn't retrieve my RSS at all... And the signal problem maybe caused by my carrier not by the OS, But i'm pretty sure the wifi is because of the SFI

Thanks again appreciate
    Check your router, it could be IP Addrs conflict, also do 6 hours a part batt. pulls.

Last edited by Sator; 03-03-13 at 05:53 AM.
    03-03-13 05:23 AM

Thanks again appreciate
    Last resort, check your wireless aerials inside the back of the handset, takes 2 mins and they may be out of allignment.
    clie610 likes this.
    03-03-13 05:43 AM
    For Sator i've done two battery pulls when i had a full .861 install, Its just that i need to be actually literally be next to my router to use it, if i just turned and walked a little bit in the hall i lose it, While my previous updates except for RC11B i could reach my router from another room, and i just installed RC13 based on .861 with .794 SFI and i can't judge since this install was so glitchy i don't know if it was updated even or not cause Blackberry desktop manager told me that there was an update while there wasn't, and my windows missed up some files with the uninstall i did for .861... Also my email didn't showed up and i couldn't set it up from an error...

So i just deleted Desktop manager and deleted lots of files and will do another fresh start, just don't know if i'm going to make it on full .861 or with .794 SFI

For ifraser if you meant my router aerials i checked them actually, and if you meant my bb i just checked i didn't see any aerials lol
    03-03-13 08:36 AM
    i've actually searched about what ifraser meant i think he meant this:http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rdware-751180/

Well i think that's true, i just don't have the guts to do it lmao, So i'll be checking some place where they know how to get a blackberry apart and fix this problem

Will do a full install of .861 now
    03-03-13 09:13 AM
    i've actually searched about what ifraser meant i think he meant this:http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rdware-751180/

Well i think that's true, i just don't have the guts to do it lmao, So i'll be checking some place where they know how to get a blackberry apart and fix this problem

If you wanna use 794 sfi, you have to use RC13 Non 86x sfi, copy the languages cods, shrink it and you're ready to go.

03-03-13 09:45 AM
    i've done that, but as i said my windows got it all messed up lol , i think that .861 SFI is way more stable and i'm like more sure that it is a hardware issue cause i've been using my Blackberry over a year i didn't notice any wifi problems till now, my phone have fell many times tbh, i guess the cover didn't help for this point

Anyways my guarantee is over and as its written to be easy i don't think it will be a big risk, would it be :P?

Thanks a lot guys !!!, Wish i could help you out
    03-03-13 09:54 AM
    Hey Sator and Ian,

Been a while since moving to new BL build (still on ATT v4a) . .

For my 9810: looks like I can use "RC13 with .861 sfi" from OP page on top of Digicel 9810/.861 release - can you confirm? Thanks!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    03-03-13 12:24 PM
    Hey Sator and Ian,

Been a while since moving to new BL build (still on ATT v4a) . .

For my 9810: looks like I can use "RC13 with .861 sfi" from OP page on top of Digicel 9810/.861 release - can you confirm? Thanks!

Yup. You can use that.
    I just loaded rc13 with .861 amazing boot time
    03-03-13 12:52 PM
    Yup. You can use that.
    I just loaded rc13 with .861 amazing boot time
    Thanks!

03-03-13 01:35 PM
    Last resort, check your wireless aerials inside the back of the handset, takes 2 mins and they may be out of allignment.
    Goodness...only know about this after what? After almost 2 years having my Dakota!! Thanks for the info Ian, it answered the reason why my wifi can't be more than 3 meters from the router.
    What a bad QC since this happens to many other Dakota handsets. I am a very happy person this morning since my wifi connection is working as my old BB9000 again!

Cheeers!
    Sator and ifraser like this.
    03-03-13 06:43 PM
    i It looks like that my Wifi Signal and Mobile network signal are just horrible.. Could anyone tell me an SFI that makes the signal and wifi signal more stronger?
    Thanks All!. Hussain
    Like Sator said that SFI was also carrier's dependent. IMO better to find .sfi that most suitable to your carrier. Or, look for person the same carrier with you and discuss.
    03-03-13 07:45 PM

You tube....great video on how to strip down and it takes 2 minute with the correct torx driver.
    03-04-13 03:27 AM
10,888 ... 318319320321322 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD