If someone who has tried both the Telecom New Zealand and Digicel Group base / sfi, please comment if there are any differences. I currently have the Telecom New Zealand base / sfi installed, wondering if I should switch to Digicel Group base / sfi.
    Sator posted this earlier today:

Try .861 from Digicell (multi .SFI), the signal strength seems a lil bit better and more stable than the Asia .SFI eventho they have the same size, around 65.8 MB

Hope it helps.
    02-27-13 11:47 AM
    I can't wait
    How about rc13 improvements?

Somebody upload SFI 861 Multilang for me?
    I think its a tad bit faster than 12B....the difference is noticeable!

Ian isn't going to ditch us like a dead beat father LOL remember he is one of the first people to load and give it a run, then the testers.....and finally you good people!
    Last edited by sharma0702; 02-27-13 at 01:08 PM.
    02-27-13 12:53 PM
    I think your phone was still busy indexing.

Heheheh...RC13 is pretty solid build, IMO it's the best by far...fast, good ADR and MDR.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    To say the least. that it is good. LOL this is the new legendary build!!!! My sh1t seemed to have settled a little over 8 hours.

As per having the enterprise email, I sign into BB ID, then set up email, BBM, Protect etc, if I don't then I have enterprise set up only, hope this helps.
    Last edited by sharma0702; 02-27-13 at 01:18 PM.
    02-27-13 01:06 PM
    Odd one, after loading up which went smoothly e.mail set up only offered me the option to add an Enterprise account.

Also, when trying to set up BB Protect got a message saying that my plan did not cover access to BB Protect. I have a full Voda BB dataplan and hasve used protect since day one.

Tried doing a couple of battery pulls and eventually both issues resolved themselves and I could proceed with setup.

Never had either issue before this load.

I told you that calling it RC13 was a mistake !!!

I'm gonna call it RC12 + 1 from now on !!!
    I've seen some of this behaviour also. Normally, when I install an OS, the BIS emails (3x) work right away and enterprise activation for the BES starts right away. When I installed .825, I didn't notice right away, but the BIS emails did not start. It wasn't until a few days after that I got around to dealing with it that they restarted after I prompted for the service books to be resent to the phone. When I installed .861, it was back to normal, which is that the BIS emails started working right away.
    02-27-13 01:55 PM
    I noticed an issue since moving to RC12: Most of the time, when I get new email notification and tap that icon, it opens the folder but the notification remains, even after I exit. It used to disappear once i check the "folder" even if I don't read the email (the way it would with texts). Any thoughts?

I have to agree with you that after I used RC12 & now RC13, I too have noticed some strange things too.

1. When I am typing fast say on BBM, there seems to be that odd (FULL STOP) appearing all of a sudden several times.
    2. When I am on an Incoming/outgoing voice-call, if I set the sound at a certain level, it accepts it BUT after the call on a next call, it again reverts back to its 50% default position.

For me - the most stable combo had been the { RC10 + 794 OS + 714 FAT sfi } and I may revert to this soon.
    Mi.key likes this.
    02-27-13 03:54 PM
    I get the red action icon to stick on certain themes I mess with, a simple battery pull after loading the hybrid, and then again after reinstalling all my apps, haven't faced this issue for a while now.
    02-27-13 05:25 PM
    I get the red action icon to stick on certain themes I mess with, a simple battery pull after loading the hybrid, and then again after reinstalling all my apps, haven't faced this issue for a while now.
    I found it would go off after a battery pull, but it would stick again either right away or maybe after a few emails. Going back to the stock OS cleared the problem. The list of apps I'm using is pretty short and boring.
    02-27-13 06:01 PM
    I found it would go off after a battery pull, but it would stick again either right away or maybe after a few emails. Going back to the stock OS cleared the problem. The list of apps I'm using is pretty short and boring.
    Installed RC13 over 861 digicel, the temp is around 3degrees lesser than using 861 Asia. So far so good, the back/escape key is responsive again don't know what happened before why I had to press a bit hard to make it work.
    I don't have the notification issue both in the RC12 nor RC13, perhaps because I always 'nuked' my phone before installing the OS, is that possible Sator?
    Overall? happy with this combo (861 digicel and RC13).....Thanks BL Team!! thumbs up!!

edit: forgot to mention, the wifi and network connection is more stable than using 861 Asia
    Sator, deezy87 and maxx71 like this.
    02-27-13 06:19 PM
    Installed RC13 over 861 digicel, the temp is around 3degrees lesser than using 861 Asia. So far so good, the back/escape key is responsive again don't know what happened before why I had to press a bit hard to make it work.
    I don't have the notification issue both in the RC12 nor RC13, perhaps because I always 'nuked' my phone before installing the OS, is that possible Sator?
    Overall? happy with this combo (861 digicel and RC13).....Thanks BL Team!! thumbs up!!

edit: forgot to mention, the wifi and network connection is more stable than using 861 Asia
    I also like 861 Multi better than 861 Asia, more stable and responsive.
    I always wipe my phone every time I load a new OS/Hybrid since I do it a lot. Once in a while I use Wipepro to wipe the sfi.
    I'm not sure what happened to Bimmer, since Ifraser also use the Porsche theme, it could be a bad installed, and sometimes some of  phones react differently toward the same hybrid/OS (we experienced it with the 649 at&t).

maxx71, clie610 and ifraser like this.
    02-27-13 06:51 PM
    Its been 12 hrs on RC13 (base .825), seems OS has been stabilised. I am not seeing any diff bet RC12 and 13 probably may be because i am using same base and sfi.
    02-27-13 08:53 PM
    Its been 12 hrs on RC13 (base .825), seems OS has been stabilised. I am not seeing any diff bet RC12 and 13 probably may be because i am using same base and sfi.
    I personally found that the .861, although it runs a little hot, locks really nice[GPS & SIGNAL]...the browser is just hands down stupid, it is that fast, Ultimate fo' lyfe LMAO

If the .861 is available for your handheld, give it a run, you won't know without trying, right?

If the device goes toes up, just send me the bill.
    maxx71 likes this.
    02-27-13 09:05 PM
    Please confirm if it has been tested with the OEM porsche theme. If so, then I'll give it another try.
    I have the porsche theme with RC13 and it works without any issues.
    ifraser likes this.
    02-27-13 09:15 PM
    I have the porsche theme with RC13 and it works without any issues.
    I switch themes like every other day or two days...Peek, Flow, Seven Point Five, PSD etc, etc. Haven't had any issues, if I did it was me the end user, that messed something up, somewhere. *x-files music*

Last edited by sharma0702; 02-27-13 at 09:48 PM.
    maxx71 likes this.
    02-27-13 09:21 PM
    True. I am keen to use .861 but sadly, no operator has released it for 9860. Unlucky users!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    02-27-13 09:50 PM
    Most of the times when I press the back button, it jumps 2 windows back, like it goes back twice. Software or hardware error?
    02-27-13 10:07 PM
    Most of the times when I press the back button, it jumps 2 windows back, like it goes back twice. Software or hardware error?
    Have the same from .825 and .861
    02-27-13 10:34 PM
    I haven't seen it going back twice on my 9900. Does this just happen on certain apps, or pretty much everywhere?

What has been bugging me for awhile, whether on stock OS or a hybrid, is how slow bridge email is when deleting or filing mail on my playbook.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any solutions found?
    02-27-13 11:04 PM
    Have the same from .825 and .861
    I have it since about 3-4 months
    02-27-13 11:43 PM
    I noticed an issue since moving to RC12: Most of the time, when I get new email notification and tap that icon, it opens the folder but the notification remains, even after I exit. It used to disappear once i check the "folder" even if I don't read the email (the way it would with texts). Any thoughts?
    Do you think it might be because I'm using 746 base + 746 sfi + RC13? Should I use 861 base + 746 SFI + RC13?
    Last edited by Mi.key; 02-28-13 at 01:03 AM.
    02-28-13 12:47 AM
    Do you think it might be because I'm using 746 base + 746 sfi + RC13? Should I use 861 base + 746 SFI + RC13?
    i'm using the .861 base/sfi with RC13 and don't have the problem that you are experincing for sure, maybe you can give it a shot and see for yourself.
    02-28-13 01:34 AM
    We recommend base .861/865 with 861/865 sfi for RC13 .86x sfi, it's made for English US and Uk. Only.

For RC13 86x sfi, you have to use min. base 861, and for the sfi's you can use from 714 sfi and above.

Last edited by Sator; 02-28-13 at 02:53 AM.
    02-28-13 01:44 AM
    I have reverted to { RC-10 + 794 OS + 714 voda uk SFI } from RC13 + 861 OS/SFI.

I reported having some strange behavior on my 9900 but am glad its all gone away.
    02-28-13 03:38 AM
    I also like 861 Multi better than 861 Asia, more stable and responsive.
    I always wipe my phone every time I load a new OS/Hybrid since I do it a lot. Once in a while I use Wipepro to wipe the sfi.
    I'm not sure what happened to Bimmer, since Ifraser also use the Porsche theme, it could be a bad installed, and sometimes some of  phones react differently toward the same hybrid/OS (we experienced it with the 649 at&t).

Hi Sator

Where do I download Wipepro from to wipe the sfi and how and when do we use it. Before OS load or after?
    Please advise.
    Thanks

02-28-13 05:02 AM
    There is a new version of wipepro called  Easy Zero (for win 32 bit), this app can wipe OS, wipe sfi/ROM, repair jvm error etc. I use it once in a while when I want to load a new OS/hybrid.

Here is  Easy Zero link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?luizxx2fi935pk1

Courtesy of Mr. Stefanus/Bzone.

cobracam likes this.
    02-28-13 05:23 AM
    Please confirm if it has been tested with the OEM porsche theme. If so, then I'll give it another try.

As I said the other day, I use the theme as my basic theme so yes it is fully tested and has no issues.

Also the test phone has been running smooth and the battery life is great also

WATP
    02-28-13 05:38 AM
10,888 ... 315316317318319 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD