what base os will rc13 work with? 825 up? i'm currently using 825 base with non 861 rc12 hybrid, 714 fat sfi. can i give up my 714 fat sfi finally?
    i have a 9860 ....
    02-25-13 09:06 AM
    what base os will rc13 work with? 825 up? i'm currently using 825 base with non 861 rc12 hybrid, 714 fat sfi. can i give up my 714 fat sfi finally?
    i have a 9860 ....
    We'll release 2 kind of RC13's, RC13 for .86x sfi and RC13 for non .86x sfi. Some of our tester are still using .714 sfi with RC 13 non .86x sfi and doing pretty well. You can try .825 sfi for your 9860...it's about time to move on to a higher sfi...
    r_hafeed likes this.
    02-25-13 09:27 AM
    As Sator says, there will again be 2 versions.

861 has been a really good sfi though as well
    deezy87 likes this.
    02-25-13 09:46 AM
    As Sator says, there will again be 2 versions.

861 has been a really good sfi though as well
    .861 is OK but runs a lot hotter than good old .714 and I have not noticed any discernable improvement in signal, but as it is not compatible with any other OS there must be something new in there somewhere and is presumably where we will be heading with new official OS's so will have to learn to live with it.
    r_hafeed likes this.
    02-25-13 09:54 AM
    An hour on RC 12. No memory leak yet

Battery drain high! Hasn't settled yet!
    Last edited by rgshah3; 02-25-13 at 11:56 AM.
    ifraser likes this.
    02-25-13 10:04 AM
    ok good...am okay with RC12B...let me know when to press F5 key...its ready...
    ifraser likes this.
    02-25-13 10:14 AM
    .861 is OK but runs a lot hotter than good old .714 and I have not noticed any discernable improvement in signal, but as it is not compatible with any other OS there must be something new in there somewhere and is presumably where we will be heading with new official OS's so will have to learn to live with it.
    Any idea if it will work with the porsche theme?
    02-25-13 11:36 AM
    Sorry, no idea, I don't mess with themes, just use what comes out of the box.

One less variable to worry about if things go wrong !!!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-25-13 11:39 AM
    Sorry, no idea, I don't mess with themes, just use what comes out of the box.

One less variable to worry about if things go wrong !!!
    If you have a P'9981, it is what comes out of the box. I'm using the OEM "theme", not the one from drkapprentice.

PS. Legal, sorry, I meant to reply to ifraser's post, not yours.
    02-25-13 11:52 AM
    ok good...am okay with RC12B...let me know when to press F5 key...its ready...
    It was a typo

I meant RC12
    02-25-13 11:57 AM
    i moved on to 825 sfi and my 9860 got indigestion a few times ... battery life went from 85 to 0% in 2 hrs and i was doing 6 hr battery pulls. 714 fat sfi is a great meal for it. i will try the 825 sfi with rc13 first and see if indigestion occurs with the 9860 ...
    02-25-13 12:05 PM
    My device just freezes randomly! For like 10 seconds. Anyone facing this?
    02-25-13 12:11 PM
    Btw, it has already settled in 3 hours. That was awesome! Now just a couple of battery pulls over 2-3 days and I'll have a good ADR

This freezing is just annoying me
    02-25-13 12:13 PM
    One last thing, my wifi doesn't get the blackberry symbol next to it! Like if I put mobile network off and use only wifi, it doesn't work! Moreover, even if wifi is on, my prepaid balance gets deducted. Wifi isn't used at all even though its on.

Wifi is working properly on all other devices
    Is it something to do with service books?
    02-25-13 12:16 PM
    One last thing, my wifi doesn't get the blackberry symbol next to it! Like if I put mobile network off and use only wifi, it doesn't work! Moreover, even if wifi is on, my prepaid balance gets deducted. Wifi isn't used at all even though its on.

Wifi is working properly on all other devices
    Is it something to do with service books?
    It's related to your BIS, if there is no  symbol next to your 3G/Edge when you use wifi, it means your BIS isn't connected.

Don't use FB beta, sometimes it locks up/ freezes your device when refresh, and if you're a heavy user, get a memory booster/recyler app. to regain your RAM.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    r_hafeed likes this.
    02-25-13 12:27 PM
    There is a  icon near H+ and now near wifi! BIS is connected, but wifi doesn't work! I can't browse and use internet when my mobile network is off

And I don't use FB beta! I have controlBBanel
    02-25-13 12:39 PM
    Beemer it does work as that was my standard theme with the bl background

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 02:49 PM
    1. When I am typing fast say on BBM, there seems to be that odd (FULL STOP) appearing all of a sudden several times. Any Fix for this ?

2. When I am on an Incoming/outgoing voice-call, if I set the sound at a certain level, it accepts it BUT after the call on a next call, it again reverts back to its 50% default position. Any Fix for this ?
    02-25-13 04:18 PM
    My device just freezes randomly! For like 10 seconds. Anyone facing this?
    After a fresh load, it is still indexing some sh!t on your device, amount of time is all dependant on what you have on the SD and/or device media. Not a thing to worry about, my friend! I let it chill for a minute or rwo.

And for FB and Twitter saying to install BBM, its because you have to set up BBM, initially for the apps to be BBM connected. Matter of fact, after I load and restore, battery pull. I sign in on my BB ID, then start protect, BBM, emails, etc. After that song and dance I get my sh1t back from BlackBerry World[App World]
    02-25-13 04:48 PM
    1. When I am typing fast say on BBM, there seems to be that odd (FULL STOP) appearing all of a sudden several times. Any Fix for this ?

2. When I am on an Incoming/outgoing voice-call, if I set the sound at a certain level, it accepts it BUT after the call on a next call, it again reverts back to its 50% default position. Any Fix for this ?
    1. Do not type so fast

2. Push the call button, once you're in the 'phone' section, hit menu->options->in-call settings

Look for volume control, I believe that default call volume should be set to 'previous' so the level doesn't change. This happened to me like 5 months ago, and I was at a loss as to how to fix it LOL smoked weed, started f*cking around with various settings, and that one did the trick!

Let me know if it works, dude!!
    ifraser likes this.
    02-25-13 04:53 PM
    Ian - its all in the hands of those SPOILT BRATS (no names but we all know who they are ... Lol !!)
    Tweedle dee and tweedle dum....
    ifraser likes this.
    02-25-13 05:03 PM
    Or let us know if you are still having issues. Thanks deezy for helping out

Posted via CB10
    deezy87 likes this.
    02-25-13 06:07 PM
    Ian, not a problem my man! I am the chief, remember? LMFAO

I'm always there to help, if I know the solution[s]. lol
    ifraser likes this.
    02-25-13 06:21 PM

The fullstop comes when you press the spacebar twice! In a hurry, sometimes you might be pressings the spacebar twice
    02-25-13 09:21 PM
    Beemer it does work as that was my standard theme with the bl background

Posted via CB10
    Okay. You are referring to the OEM theme, not the one from drkapprentice? If so, were you using it with RC12 as well? I've been assuming that was the reason the new message notifications weren't working properly, but if you were using it, then there may be some other reason the notifications weren't working.
    02-25-13 09:39 PM
10,888 ... 311312313314315 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD