okay so the help me! screen shows .861 bundle 2364 and app version 5.1.0.606 so i guess its the hybrid.

I used RC12B. Also what exactly does the phone do during the settling in period, i have noticed it uses more battery for the first day or so, then its normal, so what happens exactly?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    02-18-13 07:20 AM
    Non-861 look like
    Attached Thumbnails BerryLicio.us Ultimate hybrid for most OS 7.1 devices-tapaupload0.jpg  
    02-18-13 07:24 AM
    okay so the help me! screen shows .861 bundle 2364 and app version 5.1.0.606 so i guess its the hybrid.

I used RC12B. Also what exactly does the phone do during the settling in period, i have noticed it uses more battery for the first day or so, then its normal, so what happens exactly?

I happened to experience unstable signal lock with RC12 .861sfi, but then it seemed depending on own carrier actually.
    Thus, I picked the non-.861 and I'm really happy now...
    02-18-13 07:41 AM
    If you have a 9860 the best load so far is 9860 825 os, rc12b non 861 hybrid, 714 large vodafone uk sfi.....
    previous 9860 825 os, rc11 and 825 sfi was behaving peculiar but 714 large sfi fixed that problem. seems there is no better than large 714 sfi for my device.
    02-18-13 08:02 AM
    Following up on the previous post, I have 4 inboxes, one desktop / BES, the others are imap. The new message indicator for the desktop and one of the imap inboxes is stuck on. It's working properly for the other inboxes. I never had this happen prior to installing RC12B1. Is this happening for anyone else? I've tried disabling it in the options, but as soon as I re-enable it, the indicator is stuck on again. I can't figure out how to fix this. Suggestions would be appreciated.
    This morning, one of the two stuck indicators had cleared. I have no idea why. The only remaining one was for the desktop inbox. I figured it wouldn't hurt to try a battery pull and to my surprise, when the phone rebooted, there were indicators on 3 of the 4 inboxes. However, when I opened each of the inboxes, each of the indicators cleared. Strange, but I'm glad the problem is gone. I guess that's another case for doing a battery pull.
    02-18-13 12:18 PM
    I used to get that, like very rarely. Maybe it might be a third party app that's not sitting well with your device (speculation)

Sent from the safe and also most secure device, my BlackBerry� Bold� 9900 smart phone - Powered by 7.1.0.861 (B2364) BerryLicio.us Ultimate RC12B! - Using Tapatalk
    r_hafeed likes this.
    02-18-13 12:22 PM
    This morning, one of the two stuck indicators had cleared. I have no idea why. The only remaining one was for the desktop inbox. I figured it wouldn't hurt to try a battery pull and to my surprise, when the phone rebooted, there were indicators on 3 of the 4 inboxes. However, when I opened each of the inboxes, each of the indicators cleared. Strange, but I'm glad the problem is gone. I guess that's another case for doing a battery pull.
    I spoke too soon. The indicators cleared after a battery pull, but after receiving another email to the desktop inbox, it stuck again. Another battery pull cleared it, but it stuck again. What a PITA.
    02-18-13 04:21 PM
    I might be wrong, I hope Sator, Ian, or AndyZ will correct me if I am. [anyone in general as well lol]

A bad load, maybe? wipe and do a fresh install? If needed due to a bad load?

Just some 'what ifs'

I had some whack sh!t happen to me when I was a noob at loading hybrids, we'll just leave it at that LOL. I found by backing up my stuff, wiping, and doing a 'fresh' load kinda helps to rectify the situation. Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by sharma0702; 02-18-13 at 04:50 PM.
    02-18-13 04:38 PM
    I spoke too soon. The indicators cleared after a battery pull, but after receiving another email to the desktop inbox, it stuck again. Another battery pull cleared it, but it stuck again. What a PITA.
    We have no issues with the messages indicators, I think it's an app. Conflict, usually it caused by 3rd app/theme

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    deezy87 likes this.
    02-18-13 06:36 PM
    My primary email is on BES and I've had the desktop message indicator stick before as well. However, this definitely wasn't related to any of the BL hybrids. In my case it usually seems to happen when I file an unread email or meeting notice to a folder from my desktop client.
    02-18-13 07:17 PM
    We have no issues with the messages indicators, I think it's an app. Conflict, usually it caused by 3rd app/theme

Happens to me when I switch themes, gotta pull the battery. No biggie
    02-18-13 07:38 PM
    Happens to me when I switch themes, gotta pull the battery. No biggie
    I've only seen this in apps like the browser which will show a message when there isn't one in their title bar, however I recall that in stock oses.

Of course other than my daughter struggling to find her facebook notifications :-)

Regards

Damian
    02-19-13 12:23 AM
    Just to be clear, the indicator is not for an app message. It's definitely a new email message indicator and it has been randomly showing up on 2 of 4 inboxes. Not suggesting this is a problem with this hybrid, but I install OSes regularly and have never experienced this before. Between installations, I didn't make any changes to apps or theme. (Running factory P'9981 theme.) Initially, the indicators would not clear even with soft reset. Both went away with hard reset, then indicator on desktop came back. Did several hard resets since. Seems the problem is sort of going away. So far, have received several emails and indicator clears when I open the inbox, hasn't stuck on so far. Hasn't worked properly this long so maybe it's "fixed". Very strange.
    02-19-13 01:10 AM
    similarly i noticed that the led was blinking red even when there was no new message or anything. strangely enough it was alright after a battery pull.

02-19-13 01:44 AM
    Just to be clear, the indicator is not for an app message. It's definitely a new email message indicator and it has been randomly showing up on 2 of 4 inboxes. Not suggesting this is a problem with this hybrid, but I install OSes regularly and have never experienced this before. Between installations, I didn't make any changes to apps or theme. (Running factory P'9981 theme.) Initially, the indicators would not clear even with soft reset. Both went away with hard reset, then indicator on desktop came back. Did several hard resets since. Seems the problem is sort of going away. So far, have received several emails and indicator clears when I open the inbox, hasn't stuck on so far. Hasn't worked properly this long so maybe it's "fixed". Very strange.
    I experienced similar thing with other oses, but definitely not with this hybrid.. Have you wiped the device prior to installation?
    02-19-13 01:59 AM
    I know what you meant, it's usually caused by 3rd apps (beebuzz, LED notification app etc.) or themes. Which aren't fully compatible yet with OS 7.1 especially with the OS .861. .861 is a lil bit different (similar to .649 from at&t) from other OSes, that's why we have 2 different kind of RC12's (compatible .861 sfi and Non .861 sfi)

Last edited by Sator; 02-19-13 at 04:30 AM.
    02-19-13 02:15 AM
    If I understand correctly, then I have similar problem. And currently I am running stock OS (yes: I did not go for a hybrid for a first time in sooo long), and the theme I use is 'Mini Banner Live'. Which would mean it is not connected to the hybrid file, nor to the theme...
    If you have the problem again, can check following: you enter the inbox of the email that indicates unread message. Press "u": should take you to the unreda message. If there is none, then simply press "alt+u" to mark any message unreda, and press again "alt+u", to mark it read.
    Does it clean the new message indicator for new hybrid ?
    Last edited by PiotrJot; 02-19-13 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Errors correction... Grrr...
    dygey likes this.
    02-19-13 05:26 AM
    If I understand correctly, then I have similar problem. And currently I am running stock OS (yes: I did not go for a hybrid for a first time in sooo long), and the theme I use is 'Mini Banner Live'. Which would mean it is not connected to the hybrid file, nor to the theme...
    If you have the problem again, can check following: you enter the inbox of the email that indicates unread message. Press "u": should take you to the unreda message. If there is none, then simply press "alt+u" to mark any message unreda, and press again "alt+u:, to mark it read.
    In your case, it might be the "mini banner live"

02-19-13 06:27 AM
    similarly i noticed that the led was blinking red even when there was no new message or anything. strangely enough it was alright after a battery pull.

That should be whatsapp if I'm not mistaken! It goes off usually after 30 minutes. But it hasn't happened to me since the time I changed the notification colour to green
    02-19-13 06:45 AM
    In your case, it might be the "mini banner live"
    True: that's what I thought in the first place. But bimmerdriver is using another theme.
    02-19-13 09:17 AM
    True: that's what I thought in the first place. But bimmerdriver is using another theme.
    I like Drapprentice n Lucky 45, they build solid themes, as I said earlier .861 is a lil bit different than other oses, it could be the problem. Bimmerdriver is using P9981 theme which OS .794 is the highest. It might works OK with the RC12 Non .681 sfi. but I'm not sure if it works Ok. with RC12 compatible .861 sfi.

r_hafeed likes this.
    02-19-13 09:54 AM
    I know what you meant, it's usually caused by 3rd apps (beebuzz, LED notification app etc.) or themes. Which aren't fully compatible yet with OS 7.1 especially with the OS .861. .861 is a lil bit different (similar to .649 from at&t) from other OSes, that's why we have 2 different kind of RC12's (compatible .861 sfi and Non .861 sfi)
    Both of the sticky new message indicators are on again. Here is a list of the apps on my phone: Bell Mobility Self Serve, QR Code Scanner, TD Bank, PayByPhone, Oanda Currency Convertor, RSA SecureID, Yellow Pages, XE, Air Canada, Dictionary, 2 in one flash light, google maps, beweather, meterberry, and Screen grabber. I use beweather, meterberry and google maps the most. Some of the others I almost never use. I don't leave any apps running all the time. The OS is shrunk. (No BBM.) Not very exciting. FYI, I don't wipe the phone when I install the OS, because I'm on a BES and it's a PITA to get a reactivation code because the IT department is overseas.
    02-19-13 10:27 AM
    If you have the problem again, can check following: you enter the inbox of the email that indicates unread message. Press "u": should take you to the unreda message. If there is none, then simply press "alt+u" to mark any message unreda, and press again "alt+u", to mark it read.
    I have a lot of emails left purposely unread for follow up.
    02-19-13 10:29 AM
    That should be whatsapp if I'm not mistaken! It goes off usually after 30 minutes. But it hasn't happened to me since the time I changed the notification colour to green
    you are right man! it was whatsapp, also every now and then i get this whatsapp internal sever message, it has already come twice know what it is anyone? it contains a weird code.

02-19-13 12:14 PM
    I like Drapprentice n Lucky 45, they build solid themes, as I said earlier .861 is a lil bit different than other oses, it could be the problem. Bimmerdriver is using P9981 theme which OS .794 is the highest. It might works OK with the RC12 Non .681 sfi. but I'm not sure if it works Ok. with RC12 compatible .861 sfi.
    I've been using the P'9981 theme for a long time, didn't notice any problem with stock .861, but I'll go back to it as soon as I get a chance to see if the problem goes away.
    02-19-13 12:52 PM
10,888 ... 306307308309310 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD