Since I installed RC12, on top of .861, the new message indicator is working differently. Previously, when I received a new message, the phone would beep, the red light would flash and there would be a red asterisk indicator on the folder. If I opened the mailbox, the red asterisk indicator on the folder would clear, even if I didn't read the message. Now, the red asterisk indicator on the folder does not clear, even if I open the folder and read the most recent email. I tried to clear the display new message indicator setting in the options and reset it, but the red asterisk indicator turned back on. Anyone else notice this?
    Following up on the previous post, I have 4 inboxes, one desktop / BES, the others are imap. The new message indicator for the desktop and one of the imap inboxes is stuck on. It's working properly for the other inboxes. I never had this happen prior to installing RC12B1. Is this happening for anyone else? I've tried disabling it in the options, but as soon as I re-enable it, the indicator is stuck on again. I can't figure out how to fix this. Suggestions would be appreciated.
    02-17-13 11:10 AM
    Just installed BL RC12 over .861 base and sfi. Will be interesting to see how it compares with stock .861.
    Since installing RC12B1, I've noticed the typical overnight idle ADR to be 1% (WIFI enabled, BT disabled, no apps running). It's occasionally a bit less, maybe down to 0.85, occasionally a bit more. Really no difference from stock .861.
    02-17-13 11:20 AM
    The adr isn't all the hybrid has different. The browser is faster and the email is faster also

Posted via CB10
    deezy87 likes this.
    02-17-13 12:01 PM
    same here
    i had a strange occurrence with my 9860 this morning. i turned it off to charge and after 5 hrs it was still flashing orange. disconnected the charging cable and reconnected it and it did not charge at all. i had to remove battery and charge while it was on.
    9860 with 825 os and 825 sfi BL Ultimate RC11B - 4 days with os burn-in 6 hrs reset each day for 3 days. i will retry 714 large sfi that works so well for me and see how it goes.
    BL Ultimate has been my main os all the time for the last yr.
    Awaiting BL RC12 to see what can be improved...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-17-13 01:17 PM
    somebody please help out with the message notification error stated above. having the same issue

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    02-17-13 01:40 PM
    With what ifraser has said, a hybrid isn't all about ADR....with that being said I find that the browser is faster than ever! Give it a shot. Email sends and receives a lot more quicker. The device is also A LOT more responsive.
    02-17-13 03:20 PM
    With what ifraser has said, a hybrid isn't all about ADR....with that being said I find that the browser is faster than ever! Give it a shot. Email sends and receives a lot more quicker. The device is also A LOT more responsive.
    i second this, my email was well slow before bl hybrids
    02-17-13 03:40 PM
    rc12 non 861 hybrid with 825 os and 714 large vodafone uk solved my prob ...
    02-17-13 03:42 PM
    i second this, my email was well slow before bl hybrids
    I think that is the best thing about having testers...in various regions as well!
    02-17-13 03:55 PM
    Moreover .. The ability to receive and locks the phone network and wifi is very very good...
    Thanks to the superb combination of .861 SFI & Sator's magical mixed...
    Making this hybrid more solid ...
    02-17-13 05:46 PM
    Moreover .. The ability to receive and locks the phone network and wifi is very very good...
    Thanks to the superb combination of .861 SFI & Sator's magical mixed...
    Making this hybrid more solid ...
    +1 to the .861 sfi
    02-17-13 06:46 PM
    I really need help installing this, I have downloaded the RC12 Beta, but what do I do next, can someone give me a step by step instruction?
    02-17-13 09:25 PM
    I uninstall everything and reinstall 7.1.0.861.

I delete all file in Java folder (7.1.0.861 base) and copy hybrid to. App loader run well, successful but my phone did not boot.

How can I do?
    Definitely not to delete all file in Java folder.
    Just copy and replace only RC12 file.
    02-17-13 09:38 PM
    I uninstall everything and reinstall 7.1.0.861.

I delete all file in Java folder (7.1.0.861 base) and copy hybrid to. App loader run well, successful but my phone did not boot.

How can I do?
    You deleted the vendor files?
    02-17-13 09:52 PM
    I really need help installing this, I have downloaded the RC12 Beta, but what do I do next, can someone give me a step by step instruction?
    It was described by Ifraser (thanks to Ifraser) in thread #90.
    02-17-13 09:55 PM
    You just got lucky! I'm kina on cloud 9 right now, I'll help you out!

FIRST AND FOREMOST - you will need .861 or what the highest OS might be if your device doesn't have .861

delete the crazy @$$ vendor files, BBH Tool has a one button removal for this, OR you can search CrackBerry for vendelete+ which will look for and only delete BBRY[RIM] vendor.xml files

Open up BBH Tool you might want to shrink some sh!t out, select the folder where your base OS is with the hybrid files and select what you what shrunk out

once you do that TURN OFF ALL CONNECTIONS and back up your handheld via Desktop Manager. *** see below for additional info

WIPE THE G*D DAMN PHONE IN BBH TOOL!!!

you're guoing see error 507 *excellent*[Mr. Burns]

go to where you had shrunk the OS in BBH Tool and launch loader, it will load the OS and just restore then grab your apps and all that other fun stuff!!

Once you have backed up I personally take out the SIM and then wipe, then install hybrid.

When the phone boots after loading the hybrid, I make sure my connections stay off and I restore, make sure I turn my connections off, then insert SIM. Log into my BB ID, make sure my emails are all okay and I'm good to go.

I do this because I am in a lot of groups and rejoining causes massive slow down/lag of your phone for a while. This insures you don't cause a rejoin.

Enjoy this wonderful mix!!!
    Last edited by sharma0702; 02-17-13 at 10:51 PM. Reason: needed more information
    02-17-13 10:42 PM
    It was described by Ifraser (thanks to Ifraser) in thread #90.
    I wrote up how I do it for him/her lol.
    r_hafeed likes this.
    02-17-13 11:05 PM
    Personally, low ADR is not my objective anymore. Ultimately, it's more to a good signal and a stable (hybrid) os now.
    Thanks to BL Team and all participants of this thread..
    Last edited by r_hafeed; 02-17-13 at 11:32 PM.
    02-17-13 11:12 PM
    For sure! No worries, we try to help where we can.
    r_hafeed likes this.
    02-17-13 11:31 PM
    The adr isn't all the hybrid has different. The browser is faster and the email is faster also
    I didn't really expect much difference in ADR or signal, and I think they are more a factor of the sfi than anything else. The phone does seem to be more responsive, but that is subjective. The only problem I've encountered is the broken new message indicator on 2 of 4 inboxes. This is really annoying, whatever is causing it.
    02-17-13 11:43 PM
    I didn't really expect much difference in ADR or signal, and I think they are more a factor of the sfi than anything else. The phone does seem to be more responsive, but that is subjective. The only problem I've encountered is the broken new message indicator on 2 of 4 inboxes. This is really annoying, whatever is causing it.
    Just to share that my 9900 is on 825os with fat 714sfi overlaying RC12 non-861, and I have no such problem.
    02-18-13 12:31 AM
    Just flashed the FW. anyway to confirm if the BL hybrid has been installed? maybe from app versions or something?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    02-18-13 02:08 AM
    Yes, which RC did you load? 12B? It will show you 7.1.0.861 (B2364) if your base was 861, if your base wasn't 861 I'm not too sure, gotta ask Andy, Ian, or Sator. I'm sure they'll chime in.

Sent from the safe and also most secure device, my BlackBerry� Bold� 9900 smart phone - Powered by 7.1.0.861 (B2364) BerryLicio.us Ultimate RC12B! - Using Tapatalk
    02-18-13 02:13 AM
    Sharma is correct, if you use RC12 compatible .861 sfi it will show OS .681/Help screen: 7.1.0.861, if you use RC12 Non .861 it will show OS .825/Help screen: 7.1.0.861.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    r_hafeed and deezy87 like this.
    02-18-13 02:29 AM
    m.youtube.com is back,,you can play it directly on your BB,,
    Sator likes this.
    02-18-13 06:26 AM
10,888 ... 305306307308309 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD