Some guy has recently written that base .861 is mem leak non-existent!I have the same issue with BBM and Facebook.....it slows down my phone when I log out....am I supposed to install BBM again from APP world or just to leave the hybrid from RC12b?Is there any difference?IS BBM a hybrid in this rc?What FB version should I use to prevent this lag?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-12-13 10:40 AM
    Wow!!! I hope it atleast gets a new layout

I'll keep the torch then like 2 phones
    Please keep all your old or current BB Devices, Curve's, Torch's and Bold's will not be no longer Produced, or made, after this year around April 2013 and onward and there will be a notice from BlackBerry Corp, and from every Service Provider, that this will be the case...

BlackBerry Corp, now wants and likes to have everyone moved ASAP onto the OS 10 Devises ASAP, so they can cash in and hopefully pull it off and survive the next sector of what BlackBerry wants and needs to do to keep alive, but like I said if they don't do well in sales and get across every service provider with a good sound plan (its over for BlackBerry Corp)

Sad fact and very true and we all again will be informed by BlackBerry Corp, and your Wireless Server Provider in one way or the other, in regards to return all of our BB Devices and Hardware and swap them all out with, Apple, HTC, or Samsung, or whatever they have planned if its goes down terribly for BlackBerry Corp...

Regards,
    Tom
    02-12-13 11:42 AM
    good job baby...
    02-12-13 11:51 AM
    RC12 is great, silky smooth, fast and has setled in very quickly.

Hate the .861 .sfi though, idles cooler than.825 but boy does it heat up if you make a long call !!
    Hi Legal

Are you still using .861 sfi? What temp is it running at on average compared to your previous experience with .714 sifi with this build?
    Thanks
    02-12-13 12:05 PM
    Hi Legal

Are you still using .861 sfi? What temp is it running at on average compared to your previous experience with .714 sifi with this build?
    Thanks
    Yeah, still on .861 but not liking it.

Temp is a little cooler than .825 on idle but way higher when using phone especially on voice calls.

No real improvement on signal either.

I we don't see any sign of a new OS for Sator to work his magic on by the weekend I may well reload the non .861 version with the .714 .sfi

IMO nothing that has come out since beats the .714 .sfi

In fact i have just made up a new load with the non .861 RC12 over .825 base and .714 .sfi for a weekend load.
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 02-12-13 at 12:50 PM.
    BigwhiteUK likes this.
    02-12-13 12:14 PM
    Please keep all your old or current BB Devices, Curve's, Torch's and Bold's will not be no longer Produced, or made, after this year around April 2013 and onward and there will be a notice from BlackBerry Corp, and from every Service Provider, that this will be the case...

BlackBerry Corp, now wants and likes to have everyone moved ASAP onto the OS 10 Devises ASAP, so they can cash in and hopefully pull it off and survive the next sector of what BlackBerry wants and needs to do to keep alive, but like I said if they don't do well in sales and get across every service provider with a good sound plan (its over for BlackBerry Corp)

Sad fact and very true and we all again will be informed by BlackBerry Corp, and your Wireless Server Provider in one way or the other, in regards to return all of our BB Devices and Hardware and swap them all out with, Apple, HTC, or Samsung, or whatever they have planned if its goes down terribly for BlackBerry Corp...

Regards,
    Tom
    You said that all old BBs will stop being manufactured, then what's the point of 7.2?? No one would sell the device anymore, what profit would Blackberry make with it??

The curve 8520 is running for ages and is being manufactured till date, while there are newer phones which have released recently. You mean to say all those phones will be discontinued? Old and new?
    02-12-13 12:25 PM
    You said that all old BBs will stop being manufactured, then what's the point of 7.2?? No one would sell the device anymore, what profit would Blackberry make with it??
    Presumably if 7.2 adds some BB10 features to OS7 the idea is to temp owners of older devices do trade up to BB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-12-13 12:32 PM

The curve 8520 is running for ages and is being manufactured till date, while there are newer phones which have released recently. You mean to say all those phones will be discontinued? Old and new?
    Its very easy to see what BB is doing and where they like and want to be in the next year or so they want all new tickets for all new wireless contracts from here onward on the Q10 or Z10 and also all hardware upgrades BB wants also all this group on the OS 10 game.

The rest of the new and current Bolds and Curves and Torchs that are in the market will get full support till BB Advices and Updates their Direction and we will be informed but for now 2013 and into 2014 rest assure we are all okay till then I hope and think

It all boils down in one matter and only question! Will the OS 10 sell? And if it don't do well, start planning on an Apple or Samsung or HTC device cuz there will be No BlackBerry Corp by Jan 2015 or sooner if this new OS 10 game don't work or take off by this years year end.

It all makes sense and now it all boils down on sales of the new OS 10 if BB sticks around in the very near future

All the staff from the exec level and to the bottom level is and has been on pins and needles at this time

Thanks,
    Tom

Sent By BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk
    02-12-13 12:52 PM
    RIM Canada went down hill since 2010 with 3 major network blackouts around the world and the cost of making all these BB devices RIM Canada pretty well lost their shirts on tendering and manufacturing contracts and also a very high cost for each unit when sold by skids to services providers.

And also Lazaridis and his sneaky money grabbing VP eating and pulling funds in the rate of a million dollars a min for years

Mr Lazaridis and he sneaky VP are both Billionaires at this time and trust me they both don't care where RIM Canada\BlackBerry Corp ends up in the near future rest assure on that fact and note they both are very well off and you can catch them most of the time both playing golf in Monaco and in the middle east and all over Europe well that's the life and cheers to both of these very Smart and Rouge
    Gentlemen from Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

PS: If BlackBerry do fail this time around it was done on their own doing no one else is the blame they all had more then ample time to turn it around.

PS: There are also some more court cases to be heard in 2013 that could also put another larger wrench in the gears for BlackBerry if they don't win these cases that are up from trial this year.

Tom

Sent By BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Explorertml; 02-12-13 at 01:37 PM.
    02-12-13 01:09 PM

Temp is a little cooler than .825 on idle but way higher when using phone especially on voice calls.

I we don't see any sign of a new OS for Sator to work his magic on by the weekend I may well reload the non .861 version with the .714 .sfi

In fact i have just made up a new load with the non .861 RC12 over .825 base and .714 .sfi for a weekend load.
    Thanks for feedback. Appreciated!
    Roughly what's the temp difference between .861 and .714 sifi and what is the idle temp for each from your experience?
    I'm sure I've read that .861 sifi locks both signal and Wifi faster and stronger?
    02-12-13 02:16 PM
    Thanks for feedback. Appreciated!
    Roughly what's the temp difference between .861 and .714 sifi and what is the idle temp for each from your experience?
    I'm sure I've read that .861 sifi locks both signal and Wifi faster and stronger?
    .714 idled at around 16-17c and in use I can't recall if going above 25c

.861 idles at 24-25c and in voice calls has gone as high as 40c

I haven't had a signal problem with either .sfi on Voda UK

Hope this helps.
    02-12-13 02:26 PM

sounds like a good idea. .714 is best for me too!
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    02-12-13 02:40 PM

I know it's not a popular opinion, but irrespective of everyone here, including myself, who is using legacy blackberry phones, the global market for these phones is dead or dying. Blackberry is betting the company that there will be a market for OS 10, because the company will not survive if OS 10 doesn't take off. That being the case, as the market for legacy blackberry phones dries up, they will not be economical for Blackberry to build or support, they will not be economical for the carriers to sell and support, and they will be abandoned by the app developers (actually, that already happened).

I'm very surprised that there will be an OS 7.2. My guess is that there will be little or nothing new in it. Maybe they are doing it because the version management system has only 3 digits to identify the point release. They will be in the .9xx range soon and upping the version to 7.2 gives them room for more point releases. Why they are continuing to produce new point releases is the $64,000 question.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-12-13 02:57 PM
    .714 idled at around 16-17c and in use I can't recall if going above 25c

.861 idles at 24-25c and in voice calls has gone as high as 40c

I haven't had a signal problem with either .sfi on Voda UK

Hope this helps.
    I was using .714 small sfi. (Telenor Serbia reIeased .714 first and it worked so well I couldn't be bothered to install the release from Vodafone.) I agree that .714 seems to be the coolest of the recent releases and it also seems to have the lowest idle ADR. However, I have found that .861 idles at the ambient temperature, as did .794. I've never seen the temperature go much above the low 30s. Also, I have found that both of them will idle at under 1% ADR, so I'm not very motivated to move back to .714. However, whatever the pixie dust was that they put into .714, they should get some more and put it into .861.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    02-12-13 03:06 PM
    I was using .714 small sfi. (Telenor Serbia reIeased .714 first and it worked so well I couldn't be bothered to install the release from Vodafone.) I agree that .714 seems to be the coolest of the recent releases and it also seems to have the lowest idle ADR. However, I have found that .861 idles at the ambient temperature, as did .794. I've never seen the temperature go much above the low 30s. Also, I have found that both of them will idle at under 1% ADR, so I'm not very motivated to move back to .714. However, whatever the pixie dust was that they put into .714, they should get some more and put it into .861.
    Suprised to see that your good .714 results were with the small .sfi as the majority found the "fat" Voda one to be superior. Maybe doen to carrier.

The temps I am quoting for .861 are in exactly the same environment as my .714 results.

As to idle ADR, the .sfi really doesn't seem to make any noticeable difference for me.

Every BL build seems to give me an overnight idling ADR of around 0.5% on 5 bars of 3G at home
    Sator likes this.
    02-12-13 03:13 PM
    Suprised to see that your good .714 results were with the small .sfi as the majority found the "fat" Voda one to be superior. Maybe doen to carrier.

The temps I am quoting for .861 are in exactly the same environment as my .714 results.

As to idle ADR, the .sfi really doesn't seem to make any noticeable difference for me.

Every BL build seems to give me an overnight idling ADR of around 0.5% on 5 bars of 3G at home
    Like I said, I thought .714 small was so good relative to the previous OS there was no reason to change to .714 large. Maybe I should try .714 large?!? Just wondering, where do you keep your phone for it to be 16-17C? That's cooler than it would be indoors or in your pocket, which isn't physically possible. Or do you wear a jacket indoors?
    02-12-13 04:02 PM
    Like I said, I thought .714 small was so good relative to the previous OS there was no reason to change to .714 large. Maybe I should try .714 large?!? Just wondering, where do you keep your phone for it to be 16-17C? That's cooler than it would be indoors or in your pocket, which isn't physically possible. Or do you wear a jacket indoors?
    Hi Guys
    Thanks both for your input.
    Does .861 sifi perform better in regards to signal, wifi speed, especially when browsing on the internet or sending email with attachments?
    I presume voice quality is equal on both?
    02-12-13 04:11 PM
    Some guy has recently written that base .861 is mem leak non-existent!I have the same issue with BBM and Facebook.....it slows down my phone when I log out....am I supposed to install BBM again from APP world or just to leave the hybrid from RC12b?Is there any difference?IS BBM a hybrid in this rc?What FB version should I use to prevent this lag?

RC12 comes with ВВМ� 7.0.0.126 and FB 3.3.0.11, both should work fine if you use English US or Uk. Don't use FB Beta since it has some issues (can't connect to ВВМ� and Locks up/freezes the phone)

02-12-13 05:34 PM
    Just installed BL RC12 over .861 base and sfi. Will be interesting to see how it compares with stock .861.
    Sator likes this.
    02-12-13 07:52 PM
    I having an issue with my email. It shows both my accountants in set up and my google calendar is syncing but im not receiving emails nor can i send an email. when i open my email folder
    and go to compose email it does nothing. RC12 over .861
    02-12-13 09:25 PM
    Presumably if 7.2 adds some BB10 features to OS7 the idea is to temp owners of older devices do trade up to BB10
    I don't see it. If they add features to 7.2, it'll be a bigger reason for us to stay with our OS 7 devices
    bimmerdriver likes this.
    02-12-13 09:57 PM
    Those still running .649 or .714

Open platform alx with notepad.
    Add this extra line anywhere the rest of the cods are listed.

net_rim_bb_phone_qchatptt_resources.cod

net_rim_bb_virtual_keyboard_layout480x640

If you do not do this, your phone won't load.

Instructions:

Install your base OS 7.1.0.794 for your handset So I downloaded .794 for my device already

copy and paste the Java Only package above into the installed OS folder, following the OS files/folder structure. will copy and paste the Java only package on the Java Folder

Choose between the 746 or 714 if you prefer. This one confuses me.. Im on .794 and I will choos between .746 or .714??

Shrink if required can someone help me with shrink thingy

Run your loader. Please help

Sator likes this.
    02-12-13 11:19 PM
    I having an issue with my email. It shows both my accountants in set up and my google calendar is syncing but im not receiving emails nor can i send an email. when i open my email folder
    and go to compose email it does nothing. RC12 over .861
    Do you use English US or UK?

02-12-13 11:40 PM
    BerryLicio.us Ultimate hybrid for most OS 7.1 devices-screen-shot-2013-02-13-2.10.13-pm.jpg
    Sator.. what should I do next?
    02-13-13 12:11 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-02-13 at 2.10.13 PM.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	135628
    Sator.. what should I do next?
    What device are you using? I can't see since I'm using tapatalk

02-13-13 12:24 AM
10,888 ... 301302303304305 ...