okaay.. i installed it, i guess !
    how do we check whether we installed the X-Mas edition or not?
    Please reply
    01-20-13 11:54 PM
    check your os bundle version it should change like for 7.1.0 746 to 7.1.0.807 something like that,, the platform version depends on what sfi you would use..
    01-21-13 01:08 AM
    Checking the thread... Bitting nails... Usual stuff
    Mi.key likes this.
    01-21-13 05:19 AM
    need some urgent help here... i just installed .825 on my pc.. also updated my bb desktop manager... i wiped my fone... and opened loader.exe but it cannot find the software, it says the blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software... im using 9900 i did download the Latest 9900 Official OS 7.1.0.825 from Vodafone DE how come its not detecting?
    01-21-13 05:41 AM
    delete vendor(s)... search for vendelete tool.
    01-21-13 05:43 AM
    Would like to share my experience with 825 sfi and base combined with x'mas edition in my 9860. I like with the result, my ADR is around 0.5% to 2% with heavy use of BBM, email, and short phone call duration. Overall performance is good, barely having lag in opening apps, browsing is fast, my only cons is the signal sometimes goes up and down and the temp is around 25-35 degrees celcius.

I don't care much with the memory because i always carry 2 batteries and every time i ran out of juice i just replace it with the back up (it's included with the battery charger and a "y" extension cable so i can charge the phone with the battery at the same time: BlackBerry J-Series Extra Battery Charger Bundle for Bold 9930, Bold 9900, Bold 9790, Curve 9380, Torch 9850, Torch 9860 | BlackBerry Battery Chargers | ShopCrackBerry).
    BoldAlways likes this.
    01-21-13 05:43 AM
    thx vendelete works! thx guys!!
    01-21-13 05:50 AM
    what base you have? and how many days it took you to settle?? I have the same with base 794 for about 4 days and still my adr is at 7%
    Sorry for the late reply, been busy and away from cb... well, base is 794 from M1 with .714 sfi. To be honest with you this load looked amazing from day 1. Obviously the first three to four days it�s settling period but this baby went extremely well. We shouldn�t comment on adr ... Everyone has his usage and it�s as random as you guess.
    For some, 1 hour calls and some bbm/e-mail/sms is heavy usage... From others that�s moderate usage. All i can say it�s that what i look for in a BL release is the maximum point, i.e. when i�m really using it (non stop calls, e-mail and bbm) i like to get to 10/12% during that period. On an "usual OS" that peak of usage can get to 25/30%, that�s how i "see" if we have a excellent hybrid.
    sofes and falena1122 like this.
    01-21-13 05:52 AM
    I did that the first time I tried an unofficial release. The vendelete tool fixes that. Vendelete then reinsll, and update the phone again. I just installed 2833 and it seems better so far
    01-21-13 06:13 AM
    Hey all/sator,kindly help,i upgraded to.825 two days ago but on opening DM,it keeps say downgrade OS core,why?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-21-13 10:28 PM
    just thought i should report that xmas edition is by far the longest mix that has stayed on my phone. perfect balance between speed and stability. I tried it with various bases and sfi's but 746 base + 714 sfi turned out to be the best combo. even if a newer OS wasnt released i doubt we'd be complaining for we are more than satisfied. tried plain .825 OS and its one helluva awesome and fast OS. yes its hotter but i can try live with the extra added heat.
    the threshold of heat is different. with 714 os at about 30 degrees phone feels very hot, with 825 one feels the same heat at 40degrees.
    at the moment i'm running 825 with x mas mix and its as if my phone is on steroids.
    just have one small question. the youtube icon works the very first time the mix is on phone but after reboot the youtube icon dsnt work anymore, why is this? or how can i reistall, find and download, or inject a proper maybe older working one?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-22-13 02:55 AM
    there are some players for youtube on appworld for free
    01-22-13 03:32 AM
    Not looking for players but a launcher like the one on blackberry which when you click it, it offers the option to upload vids to youtube and the other option as well of launching or opening youtube site. I have across some launchers but they just launch youtube but not with that added option of uploading like the native youtube app. its present in my phone just after the very first reboot it dsnt function at all. or does one have an old version that they can upload somewhere for me?
    01-22-13 04:19 AM
    well right now im upgrading to 825 too...I will let you know if it will happen also to me
    01-22-13 04:24 AM
    just thought i should report that xmas edition is by far the longest mix that has stayed on my phone. perfect balance between speed and stability. I tried it with various bases and sfi's but 746 base + 714 sfi turned out to be the best combo. even if a newer OS wasnt released i doubt we'd be complaining for we are more than satisfied. tried plain .825 OS and its one helluva awesome and fast OS. yes its hotter but i can try live with the extra added heat.
    the threshold of heat is different. with 714 os at about 30 degrees phone feels very hot, with 825 one feels the same heat at 40degrees.
    at the moment i'm running 825 with x mas mix and its as if my phone is on steroids.
    just have one small question. the youtube icon works the very first time the mix is on phone but after reboot the youtube icon dsnt work anymore, why is this? or how can i reistall, find and download, or inject a proper maybe older working one?

go to rroyy.com you can find it there.. the latest youtube version.
    01-22-13 04:41 AM

What version are you using? Here is the latest V 1.0.0.48:

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-22-13 05:10 AM
    thank you very much at @czeds and @Sator but it didnt work, installed, rebooted and still no luck, will retry again, first completely remove it, reboot then reinstall and reboot again

PS: Sorted it out by installing the older version of Youtube for blackberry which is working properly.
    Last edited by Phly_kid; 01-22-13 at 08:42 AM.
    01-22-13 06:41 AM
    installed xmas edition with 825 base..
    but my signal is fluctuating every now and then.. why is this?
    01-22-13 08:32 AM
    installed xmas edition with 825 base..
    but my signal is fluctuating every now and then.. why is this?
    Besides it being an issue of the area you are at, try using another SFI like say the .714 sfi, that has been rated by alot of users here as being very stable and see if you record any differences. Could just be that the .825sfi is to blame as far as the area you living in is concerned.
    01-22-13 08:45 AM

get this while playing videos on youtube through wifi.. other sites r streaming fine
    01-22-13 08:47 AM
    Besides it being an issue of the area you are at, try using another SFI like say the .714 sfi, that has been rated by alot of users here as being very stable and see if you record any differences. Could just be that the .825sfi is to blame as far as the area you living in is concerned.
    can you please provide the .714 sfi and how to install it please?
    it would be a great help.. thank you
    01-22-13 09:03 AM
    I'm assuming you are using a 9900, that SFI has been posted around in this post onone of the back pages. If you are using a less common phone then you will have to get .714 ALL lang OS for your phone, install and then save the UMTS folder which contains the SFI.

When reinstalling back the 825 base just overwrite the file in the 825 UMTS folder with the 714 backed up SFI and install the OS on your phone.

I too might change SFI soon just to cool the entire OS. I'm seeing 43degrees celcius and getting paranoid thinking my phone can catch fire anytime.
    01-22-13 11:45 AM
    I too might change SFI soon just to cool the entire OS. I'm seeing 43degrees celcius and getting paranoid thinking my phone can catch fire anytime.
    If you're seeing 43 C temperature, it's not the SFI. I have never seen temperatures that high, even when constantly using my phone. Are you leaving the phone sitting in the sun? What is the ambient temperature? The phone CANNOT be any colder than the surroundings. If the phone that much warmer than the surroundings, then either the CPU is doing "something" continuously or the phone is transmitting or receiving data continuously. Possibly consider deleting apps to see if an app is causing the problem. If you remove all of the apps and the phone is still that hot, wipe it and reinstall the OS.
    01-22-13 12:22 PM
    If you're seeing 43 C temperature, it's not the SFI. I have never seen temperatures that high, even when constantly using my phone. Are you leaving the phone sitting in the sun? What is the ambient temperature? The phone CANNOT be any colder than the surroundings. If the phone that much warmer than the surroundings, then either the CPU is doing "something" continuously or the phone is transmitting or receiving data continuously. Possibly consider deleting apps to see if an app is causing the problem. If you remove all of the apps and the phone is still that hot, wipe it and reinstall the OS.
    This is not the first time and if one looks at most of my pasts posts it has something to do with the temps on my phone. I really have no idea but CPU usage could be a good possibilty. I really dont leave apps in the background running except when i forget to exit out of whatsapp but thats it. I got the standard apps and the extra, podtrapper, sugarsync, fightin friends are all close when i dont use em. Fighting friends is what i use most and the rest rarely. Could be an indicator problem. Granted its summer here and its hot but only around 28 degrees on average in the day> I've come to suspect that maybe its the readings that are somehow not a true indicator however all apps i try give me the same readings. Usually i'm not concerned until i feel the heat thru the cover/phone casing and its higher or way warmer bordering on hot than normal. I cant think of any other explanation. Phone never behaves weird like random reboot or closing apps randomly or any other weird scenarios i see posted. Now its at 38degrees, feeling slightly warm but its plugged into the charger, if i use it then it may shoot up to say 42degrees, atleast with this OS. with 714 OS i would rarely see 35 degrees. and if its around 34 i would feel it extremely hot like when i have 825 and it reaches above 40 degrees
    01-22-13 12:31 PM
    link with 714 sfi without needing to install the os and copy its sfi.... http://www.mediafire.com/?bydbjzeaoljmc4d
    just copy that to the UMTS folder where os is installed in your pc
    prashob619 likes this.
    01-22-13 03:20 PM
10,888 ... 287288289290291 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD