Hey Maxx, good to have you back with us.

After just over 24 hours on Xmas Special I would say go fo it.

Settled very quickly, runs fine with .714 .sfi so temp and signal are good. Seems a tad smoother than RC10 and browser is fastest yet. Idles out of the box at 0.5% but due to teh time of year no real opportunity to assess battery on normal use.

Also seeing a slight increase in memory with each succesive re boot.

As usual, go with the newest one, it is always the best !!!
    Thanks Legal, as you had mentioned earlier did not enjoy my stint with the dark side and am glad to be bck with BB.
    I really did not expect a brand new bold this time though ( it was a pleasant X'mas gift for me) and that makes it 2 new Bolds for me in the last one month due to hardware issues.

I am going with the X'mas edition as you suggested and will go with the .714sfi as well.
    Will post with the findings later.
    I guess the base needs to be the .794 Chinese Unicom OS?
    12-26-12 08:57 AM
    Thanks Legal, as you had mentioned earlier did not enjoy my stint with the dark side and am glad to be bck with BB.
    I really did not expect a brand new bold this time though ( it was a pleasant X'mas gift for me) and that makes it 2 new Bolds for me in the last one month due to hardware issues.

I am going with the X'mas edition as you suggested and will go with the .714sfi as well.
    Will post with the findings later.
    I guess the base needs to be the .794 Chinese Unicom OS?
    I am now using Singapore Telecom .794 as base.

http://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Do...1992D9B&step=4
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 12-26-12 at 09:14 AM.
    maxx71 likes this.
    12-26-12 09:01 AM
    I am now using Singapore Telecom .794 as base

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...3FCC22E1992D9B
    Thanks a Ton !
    Will post with Findings later
    Sator likes this.
    12-26-12 09:09 AM
    Just F.Y.I. the Christmas Special Hybrid is running just fine on my 9850 with .755 base.
    Legal Eagle and Sator like this.
    12-26-12 09:51 AM
    Just F.Y.I. the Christmas Special Hybrid is running just fine on my 9850 with .755 base.
    That's great, We're glad it's working fine on your 9850 with base .755 and Thanks for your information

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    josh74 likes this.
    12-26-12 10:08 AM
    Should i overwrite the .sfi file in umts folder with my desired sfi?or leave them both in that folder?
    The UMTS folder must only contain the sfi that you choose to utilize.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    12-26-12 11:34 AM
    So what does the sfi file affect? I want to test this on my 9360.
    12-26-12 04:06 PM
    You have to use base .746 for 9790, if you use bbm7, you have to modify the ввм� alx. that comes with Xmas Ed., open up with note pad and change "Dakota" to "Onyx 3"
    So if I'm going to load this onto the girlfriends 9320, what am I changing in the BBM .alx file?
    12-26-12 04:46 PM
    So if I'm going to load this onto the girlfriends 9320, what am I changing in the BBM .alx file?
    If something needs to be done for that then what about for the 9360?

Edit: Never mind, for the Curve 9360, it's "Apollo"

I also changed the sfi file to 714 to see how it works. 746 was a little hot for the time I had it
    Last edited by mithrazor; 12-26-12 at 05:19 PM.
    12-26-12 04:53 PM
    Before you replace the BBM .alx file wiith the one from the RC. Open the original one in notepad and check what name it is. Then insert that into the RC BBM .alx file.

I got x-max ed up and running how I wanted it. So that's good. I'll report back in a few days to let you guys know how it performs on the Curve 9360

Edit: I can't update to the latest version of Twitter, FaceBook, and a few other apps. Why is that?
    Last edited by mithrazor; 12-26-12 at 06:47 PM.
    12-26-12 06:33 PM
    So what does the sfi file affect? I want to test this on my 9360.
    For 9360 use base .746, and the sfi you can use either .714 or .746 sfi, if you use bbm7, open up the blackberry messenger alx. With note pad and change "Dakota" to "Apollo"

12-26-12 09:58 PM
    Before you replace the BBM .alx file wiith the one from the RC. Open the original one in notepad and check what name it is. Then insert that into the RC BBM .alx file.

I got x-max ed up and running how I wanted it. So that's good. I'll report back in a few days to let you guys know how it performs on the Curve 9360

Edit: I can't update to the latest version of Twitter, FaceBook, and a few other apps. Why is that?
    What do you mean by you can't update to the latest version of apps? Go to appworld>myworld>press alt+rst, it will reset your appworld memory, then open appworld again and you'll see the updates for your apps.

deezy87 likes this.
    12-26-12 10:03 PM
    What do you mean by you can't update to the latest version of apps? Go to appworld>myworld>press alt+rst, it will reset your appworld memory, then open appworld again and you'll see the updates for your apps.

It was telling me in the beginning "An error occured, please try again later." Everytime I tried to install an app. But now its not a problem. Don't know what happened but it works!
    12-26-12 10:40 PM
    It was telling me in the beginning "An error occured, please try again later." Everytime I tried to install an app. But now its not a problem. Don't know what happened but it works!
    Great it works for you now, Maybe your device was still busy indexing.

12-26-12 10:57 PM
    Sator, can your super amazing RC5 browser work with rc xmas??
    12-27-12 12:28 AM
    Sator, can your super amazing RC5 browser work with rc xmas??
    Nope, it's different OS cods, Xmas edition uses higher cods. and it loads pics faster.

12-27-12 12:54 AM
    Nope, it's different OS cods, Xmas edition uses higher cods. and it loads pics faster.

BLR 3 loads pics very slowly

Can you zip up thr rc xmas browser cods please? I'll inject them on BLR3
    12-27-12 04:36 AM

Sorry rgshah3, I can't fulfill your request, maybe you wanna try BLR2? or wait for BLR4.

12-27-12 05:28 AM
    Been on X'mas edition for almost 24 hours and " It works like a Dream"

Never seen an OS settle on to my device this fast ( avg. number of modules is now at 70 and it was at 255 on installation)
    Have used .714 sfi and the device sits at 9 deg celcius ( don't remember my Bold being that cool ever)
    Fantastic signal strenght ( range of -68dbm & -55dbm)
    superb wifi locking
    Call log bug seems to have dissapeared
    ADr is around 4% ( which is pretty good for me on heavy usage)
    Mdr is non exsistant
    Browser is pretty good and boot time is less than 35 seconds.

All i can say is >>>> WOW
    Fantastic build Sator and Thanks to the rest of the BL Team
    Sator and Legal Eagle like this.
    12-27-12 07:00 AM

Why not just load up the Christmas Special OS ???
    12-27-12 07:40 AM
    Been on X'mas edition for almost 24 hours and " It works like a Dream"

Never seen an OS settle on to my device this fast ( avg. number of modules is now at 70 and it was at 255 on installation)
    Have used .714 sfi and the device sits at 9 deg celcius ( don't remember my Bold being that cool ever)
    Fantastic signal strenght ( range of -68dbm & -55dbm)
    superb wifi locking
    Call log bug seems to have dissapeared
    ADr is around 4% ( which is pretty good for me on heavy usage)
    Mdr is non exsistant
    Browser is pretty good and boot time is less than 35 seconds.

All i can say is >>>> WOW
    Fantastic build Sator and Thanks to the rest of the BL Team
    Told you it was a good one !!!
    maxx71 and Sator like this.
    12-27-12 07:41 AM
    Told you it was a good one !!!
    Agree with you 100%...............Feels good to be back on a BB with BL
    Sator likes this.
    12-27-12 07:43 AM
    Decided to gave this xmas edition a try. I'm a very impatient guy and thats why my initial reports am always constantly complaining due to having drain rates. Everything went smooth for me. I use bbm 7 but did not have to change the Dakota to Jenkings (I use a torch 9810). I just use cincinnati base and .714 sfi.
    My first impressions is that its super fast. the apps installed real quick even bbm, it just showed as uninstalled in appworl and i innstalled the latest version and voila
    I will 100% agree with the fact that it settles really fast. Battery lasts i think but i have been using whatsapp alot so cant really comment. I even removed meterberry and just use advance os battery feature. It shows average of 4% drain rate/hr. i used to see 9% and such but average of 4 each hour is impressive. I cant say i have high usage but i'm one very pleased puppy esp after RC10 didnt treat my phone with respect.
    All in all i'm very impressed and in addition the temps are cool too thanks to the trusted 714 sfi.

If i was asked, best Christmas present ever! From the bottoms of their lil neon lite souls, our blackberries thank you.
    Legal Eagle and Sator like this.
    12-27-12 09:37 AM
    Why not just load up the Christmas Special OS ???
    I don't have BIS anymore, but I use BBM voice. If I update, I won't be able to activate bbm7. So can't update an os until May probably
    12-27-12 10:01 AM
    What apps do you guys use to monitor the battery information like adr and stuff?

I have Battery Watch but it doesn't show all of that.
    12-27-12 01:55 PM
10,888 ... 275276277278279 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD