Yes. you can directly go to RC9. It's is 3rd day on RC9 on 9860. now, it is settled. ADR is around 3-4% in idle which is very good.I am continuing with it till a new version based on 807.
    12-10-12 06:37 PM
    These mixes are pure sex!
    Sharma - Are you using the .714 Voda SFI or .746 Rogers SFI? I've been trying with the Rogers SFI, but I am getting alot of dropped calls. Maybe I need to try and reload.
    12-10-12 07:51 PM
    Sharma - Are you using the .714 Voda SFI or .746 Rogers SFI? I've been trying with the Rogers SFI, but I am getting alot of dropped calls. Maybe I need to try and reload.
    Hmmmm I love Rogers. Voda doesn't work too well for me.
    zavar likes this.
    12-11-12 02:10 AM
    Sorry for the newbie question. I installed Berrylicio's hybrid OS a while ago, I think it was RC1 or RC2, I can't remember. My base OS is still the one I used for that release, which is the .569. Now my question is, can I install the RC9 without installing previous releases first? I'm downloading OS .794 right now, and I wonder if I can just use that OS as the base? I never downloaded and installed .714 or .746. I'm asking because in the instruction page, it says to add some lines to the alx or the phone won't load. Now I'm really confused. When I first installed the hybrid OS, it was pretty straightforward. Is it still the same procedure, or are there additional steps required to install the RC9?

Thanks
    it is recomended to use base .746 and .714....if you use .746 then the line that says "use alx files", you just do nothing. and yes, u can install rc9 without installing earlier releases.
    wendieta likes this.
    12-11-12 02:35 AM
    wendieta - use the .794 OS with a .714 sfi, works great as a combination. Back up your contacts using Desktop Manager, and settings if you want. Uninstall existing OS from PC and install the .794 OS. I use NoChoice Vendor XML remover to remove vendor files from PC. Then use BBHTool to shrink OS and wipe phone. I dont back up apps as I download and reinstall them from fresh. Then in BBHTool start Launch Loader to install OS on phone. Once thats done install your apps and contacts/settings. Robert is your fathers brother.... happy days
    Sator and wendieta like this.
    12-11-12 04:21 AM
    Just to be sure, do a wipe before you re install, it seems to work wonders.

I didn't use to bother but had a bad install myself way back in RC6 days and was advised to wipe and reinstal, did so and all was well.

Now I do a wipe as a matter of course before any new install and haven't had any problems since.
    Thanks Legal! I will keep that in mind from now on.
    12-11-12 07:48 AM
    I'm using .794 as my base...got a top secret mix I'm running which gave gave me an ADR of 0.05% on medium-heavy usage as I was grabbing my apps and all that on the way to work while listening to music, sending work emails out, twitter, facebook, browsing and BBM...can't wait for this mix to settle!!!!
    Mi.key and zavar like this.
    12-11-12 09:12 AM
    I'm using .794 as my base...got a top secret mix I'm running which gave gave me an ADR of 0.05% on medium-heavy usage...
    Dude, sharing is caring....spill it! Lol
    12-11-12 10:23 AM
    Dude, sharing is caring....spill it! Lol
    I think that Sharma is pulling our collective legs !!!
    12-11-12 10:27 AM
    wendieta - use the .794 OS with a .714 sfi, works great as a combination. Back up your contacts using Desktop Manager, and settings if you want. Uninstall existing OS from PC and install the .794 OS. I use NoChoice Vendor XML remover to remove vendor files from PC. Then use BBHTool to shrink OS and wipe phone. I dont back up apps as I download and reinstall them from fresh. Then in BBHTool start Launch Loader to install OS on phone. Once thats done install your apps and contacts/settings. Robert is your fathers brother.... happy days
    So in order to use the .714 sfi, I need to download that OS first, right? The latest OS installed on my PC is the .569.
    12-11-12 10:49 AM
    So in order to use the .714 sfi, I need to download that OS first, right? The latest OS installed on my PC is the .569.
    Think that this is a link to .714 .sfi

rim0x07001204.sfi
    BigwhiteUK and wendieta like this.
    12-11-12 10:58 AM
    Wendieta - download the file Legal has posted link to. Go to C:/ programs files - common files - research in motion - shared - loader files, thats where your OS is installed. Copy and paste the downloaded sfi file into the UMTS folder, I usually delete the existing one. Then copy and paste the contents of RC9 into the Java folder.... then shrink using BBHTools. Hope this helps. Lots of posts re this
    12-11-12 11:13 AM
    Hello i have RC8B1 installed with some tips from royy.com to extend battery life. I was trying to start a bbm voice chat but if i call some one the other ane cant hear me, if someone else call me the other one cant hear me.. Why is this ppl?
    12-11-12 11:21 AM
    You have already posted this question in the 9900/9930 forum... no need to double post... it has nothing to do with the RC hybrids, works fine for me
    12-11-12 11:24 AM
    You have already posted this question in the 9900/9930 forum... no need to double post... it has nothing to do with the RC hybrids, works fine for me
    Ok, the reason why i did the double post is because not all people who are looking to this treath are looking over there. So...
    12-11-12 11:35 AM
    I think that Sharma is pulling our collective legs !!!
    You guys should see it soon enough!
    12-11-12 12:41 PM
    You guys should see it soon enough!
    Sharma, all I can say is.... -_______-
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    12-11-12 01:35 PM
    Installed as directed, and all seems fine apart for the fact that my gps seems to have stopped working. It take forever to get a pinpoint on my location and when it does, its about 5 km off. What could apparently be the problem?
    12-11-12 02:43 PM
    simonflame if all else fails try a battery pull or re install of OS. probs not what you wanted to hear, but its a solution, one of many Im sure. Fortunately ive never experienced the problem you have described! It could be varying OS and sfi files, your carrier, or just a glitch. Its what makes Blackberry BlackBerry lol...... we have all been there!
    12-11-12 04:13 PM
    I'm using .794 as my base...got a top secret mix I'm running which gave gave me an ADR of 0.05% on medium-heavy usage
    Me too, except MeterBerry doesn't register ADR to 2 decimal places.

Nearly 48 hours up on RC9, and even with recent app updates for beta Twitter and Nat West... still 30% left, and a nice little memory gain to boot. Sweet.

Sator and peepol like this.
    12-11-12 04:30 PM
    can you inject the .714 sfi files ? Or would i just need to start over ?
    12-11-12 05:15 PM
    Anyone else having issues with setting up email accounts in RC9A on .794 China base with .714 SFI?
    Same with me but only my gmail not connect and my yahoo still connect
    12-11-12 07:46 PM
    Me too, except MeterBerry doesn't register ADR to 2 decimal places
    Cmon guys, its not nice...either share or stop showing off. Its like driving as Lamborghini through a poor neighborhood.
    audio_engr likes this.
    12-11-12 09:57 PM
    Wendieta - download the file Legal has posted link to. Go to C:/ programs files - common files - research in motion - shared - loader files, thats where your OS is installed. Copy and paste the downloaded sfi file into the UMTS folder, I usually delete the existing one. Then copy and paste the contents of RC9 into the Java folder.... then shrink using BBHTools. Hope this helps. Lots of posts re this
    Thank you very much. Now it's clear to me. I tried to search but the combination of my slow internet connection (i'm in indonesia) and my lousy research skill, i wasnt able to find anything. Now it's crystal clear thanks to you, legal eagle and falena. Thanks again, guys! I love this site
    12-12-12 02:01 AM
    I'm using .794 as my base...got a top secret mix I'm running which gave gave me an ADR of 0.05% on medium-heavy usage as I was grabbing my apps and all that on the way to work while listening to music, sending work emails out, twitter, facebook, browsing and BBM...can't wait for this mix to settle!!!!
    Me too, except MeterBerry doesn't register ADR to 2 decimal places.

Nearly 48 hours up on RC9, and even with recent app updates for beta Twitter and Nat West... still 30% left, and a nice little memory gain to boot. Sweet.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/12/amyja8y6.jpg

+ 1 ..... Just joined that "exclusive club" of Meterberry to 2 decimal places ...
    12-12-12 03:19 AM
10,888 ... 265266267268269 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD