Sator, any hope for RC8B1 release this sunday?
    11-24-12 05:32 AM
    Sator, any hope for RC8B1 release this sunday?
    No hurry for me, RC8A1 is the sweetest running OS of the lot, more than happy to keep running it.
    Mi.key likes this.
    11-24-12 05:56 AM
    Yaaay!!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/21/azavezat.jpg

[Sent from my BlackBerry 9790]
    whats the name of that app? thanks
    11-24-12 05:56 AM
    No hurry for me, RC8A1 is the sweetest running OS of the lot, more than happy to keep running it.
    I'll second that, but you (we) always say that

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Legal Eagle and Mi.key like this.
    11-24-12 07:15 AM
    I'll second that, but you (we) always say that

I have actually resisted the temptation to try Returns V2 because I'm so impressed with RC8A1 !!!

Anyone tried both ? How do they compare ?
    dkgip and BoldAlways like this.
    11-24-12 07:25 AM
    I have actually resisted the temptation to try Returns V2 because I'm so impressed with RC8A1 !!!

I changed from rc8 to bl v2 and I can testify that bl return v2 is super fast when it comes to scrolling and navigation, even browser seems faster. Battery life i cant really comment on it coz its like all os and hybrids are allergic to torch 9810 phone but if forced to comment they are similar. v2 of bl returns compared to v1 is like a night and day difference, v2 is heaps and bounds ahead of v1. Thats my humble opinion.
    11-24-12 07:47 AM
    I changed from rc8 to bl v2 and I can testify that bl return v2 is super fast when it comes to scrolling and navigation, even browser seems faster. Battery life i cant really comment on it coz its like all os and hybrids are allergic to torch 9810 phone but if forced to comment they are similar. v2 of bl returns compared to v1 is like a night and day difference, v2 is heaps and bounds ahead of v1. Thats my humble opinion.
    Running Returns2 and happy with it (except for my general VVM lag). Ready to test something else & can't decide between AT&T4 (which surprisingly I never tried even though AT&T builds have been good to me) and Ultimate RC8A1. I was on RC8, which was solid, but not RC8A1. Naturally iKing for sure has to be working on an update to our wonderful Returns hybrid. Awesome work BL team!!!

Now, I have to say that I like your signature.. gave me a good laugh and a funny change from my favourite serious quote, whatever doesn't kill you builds character. I think by now, I have enough character, so I like it your way. LOL
    11-24-12 08:31 AM
    Which base and SFI do you use?

Another question, does the SFI affect performance in speed regarding scrolling and opening apps? Or does it only affect battery life, signal etc.?
    11-24-12 09:36 AM
    whats the name of that app? thanks
    That's the BB Device Analyzer. It's on your phone already.

From the home screen hold ALT and type BBDA. Then you'll find it in your options menu. It has a battery monitoring function.
    falena1122 likes this.
    11-24-12 10:35 AM
    I'm afraid I can't change it, since all OS 7.1's calenders are like that.
    Ok thanks
    11-24-12 12:31 PM
    I have installed RC7A1 successfully on 9930 with .755 as my base (I'm still monitoring her performance)
    I tried RC8A1, but the BB9930 will not boot. Any work-around?... I have edited the Platform.alx as instructed.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-24-12 01:48 PM
    As per first post you need the qchatt cod on platform alx, which is the 755 platform alx not the supplied one for 9900.

And modify the virtual keyboard cod.

I have installed RC7A1 successfully on 9930 with .755 as my base (I'm still monitoring her performance)
    I tried RC8A1, but the BB9930 will not boot. Any work-around?... I have edited the Platform.alx as instructed.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 powered by BerryLicio.US
    Sator and soft-touch like this.
    11-24-12 01:53 PM
    glad to hear rc8a1 is doing amazing, as usual and expected thanks BL team!!
    Sator likes this.
    11-24-12 04:46 PM
    RC8 is awesome.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790
    Sator likes this.
    11-25-12 07:12 AM
    Its so great. Im very happy with battery life. with the previous hybrid(bl returns v1.0.0) i had about 12%/hour ADR. now I have 1.9%/hour (heavy use)
    Sator, sacrdandprofne and Mi.key like this.
    11-25-12 09:31 AM
    Its so great. Im very happy with battery life. with the previous hybrid(bl returns v1.0.0) i had about 12%/hour ADR. now I have 1.9%/hour (heavy use)
    I still haven't reached that awesome of an ADR, but I'm okay with that.

11-25-12 09:48 AM
    I still haven't reached that awesome of an ADR, but I'm okay with that.

Me too. On my way though
    11-25-12 01:49 PM
    Actually, scratch that. Got an average of 2.36% today, but probably because I haven't used it much.

11-25-12 05:27 PM
    Monitoring performance of BL-RC8a1 on my 9930... [IMG]http://forums.crackberry.com/mobiquo/emoji/E00E.png[/IMG

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 with BL-Ultimate RC-8a1
    zocster and Sator like this.
    11-25-12 10:01 PM
    9900 RC8A1 - Been installing a bunch of apps, running mainly on WIFI. Made a few BBM voice calls.

Pretty happy!

11-26-12 03:18 AM
    Running Returns2 and happy with it (except for my general VVM lag). Ready to test something else & can't decide between AT&T4 (which surprisingly I never tried even though AT&T builds have been good to me) and Ultimate RC8A1. I was on RC8, which was solid, but not RC8A1. Naturally iKing for sure has to be working on an update to our wonderful Returns hybrid. Awesome work BL team!!!

Now, I have to say that I like your signature.. gave me a good laugh and a funny change from my favourite serious quote, whatever doesn't kill you builds character. I think by now, I have enough character, so I like it your way. LOL
    Glad my signature gave u a good laugh, I always look at the bright side of life no matter the darkness lol
    Waaait a minute, did i miss something or are there 2 rc8 versions?? The one i got is labelled rc8 shrunk.
    sheldonbk likes this.
    11-26-12 03:50 AM
    Which base and SFI do you use?

Another question, does the SFI affect performance in speed regarding scrolling and opening apps? Or does it only affect battery life, signal etc.?
    When I tried rc8 i used .746 base +714 sfi, The sfi is the radio file so that will mostly affect network aspects of ur phone, things like signal and how quickly the phone locks to a particular set network. You'll find in some places you have 2 or 3 bars as far as signal is concerned but with another sfi you have 4 or 5 bars in that exact place. Scrolling and speed of opening apps is all based on the base used amplified by the hybrid loaded. And yea sfi may affect battery as the phone will be struggling to get locked to a particular network state be it 3G or edge
    GreenduckDK likes this.
    11-26-12 05:21 AM

How do we compare awesomeness? I am currently on Bl returns 2... Have heard so nice things about Iking work that had to test it. If i say that it�s fast you would problably say so its RC8... I am enjoying it. In the power management maybe just a litle heavier, but blazing fast.
    That said when Sator returns from his well deserved rest i will certainly test his new work.
    Legal Eagle, sheldonbk and Sator like this.
    11-26-12 09:45 AM
    Glad my signature gave u a good laugh, I always look at the bright side of life no matter the darkness lol
    Waaait a minute, did i miss something or are there 2 rc8 versions?? The one i got is labelled rc8 shrunk.
    I think it's actually RC8A1.. I don't know. I saw references to RC8A1, which I thought was new, but also saw that the download on the first page was labeled rc8 shrunk. So, I had the same question. Not sure what I'm running. LMAO
    11-26-12 10:02 AM
    I think it's actually RC8A1.. I don't know. I saw references to RC8A1, which I thought was new, but also saw that the download on the first page was labeled rc8 shrunk. So, I had the same question. Not sure what I'm running. LMAO
    RC8A1 is the only RC8 release so far, and it's AWESOME.
    Sator, Mi.key and BoldAlways like this.
    11-26-12 10:27 AM
10,888 ... 257258259260261 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD