Thanks Sator,
    Have worked a way around it.....lol
    I used the last update which i had with the old device before i nuked it.......i used that backup and now mails are opening nice and quick. I really don't know what was the issue but am at it and if i get what it was then will post.

Thanks Once again to you, Legal & Audio for the help & Concern !
    Ah... so must have been a corrupt file of some sort. Very interesting.
    Good that you figured it out and all ok
    Legal Eagle, Sator and BoldAlways like this.
    11-18-12 10:39 AM
    Day 2 of RC8. Loving how fast it grabs the network on power-up now.

[Sent from my BlackBerry 9790]
    zocster, deezy87 and Sator like this.
    11-18-12 07:22 PM
    Any torch users on RC8????

Currently trying out a different hybrid but of course just testing..hehe!

Whatever hybrid though.. .714 sfi (large) is just the best for coolness and stuff..
    got sick of the warmness of .746 sfi..haha! However maybe the large sfi from bell is the same
    as .714..hhmm..

Anyway if anyone with a torch can light the way for the results of RC8 that would be greaaat

Thanks!
    11-18-12 10:54 PM
    I could locate problem of high ADR (8-9%) on RC8A1 was because of application "slide a lock" which I installed first time after 8A1 installation. I was so worried and suprised also for such a high ADR. It wasn't visible by device analyser. It was showing very low consumption by this application. I was so frustrated that y'day, I installed RC7B2 with 714 base and sfi to check. Even on RC7B2, ADR was close 7-8% and after deleting "slide a lock", ADR was brought down to 3-4%. So, it was confirmed that culprit was the application. Now, again I have RC8A1 on 714sfi since last night and ADR is under control around 3-4%. Sorry, I had posted many posts about high ADR from RC8.
    Sator and BoldAlways like this.
    11-19-12 01:56 AM
    I could locate problem of high ADR (8-9%) on RC8A1 was because of application "slide a lock" which I installed first time after 8A1 installation. I was so worried and suprised also for such a high ADR. It wasn't visible by device analyser. It was showing very low consumption by this application. I was so frustrated that y'day, I installed RC7B2 with 714 base and sfi to check. Even on RC7B2, ADR was close 7-8% and after deleting "slide a lock", ADR was brought down to 3-4%. So, it was confirmed that culprit was the application. Now, again I have RC8A1 on 714sfi since last night and ADR is under control around 3-4%. Sorry, I had posted many posts about high ADR from RC8.
    Hmm, perhaps that's my issue too. I'm getting that high of an ADR, and I have a slide lock app.

11-19-12 02:18 AM
    wow !!! I have NEVER had this level of performance ever from my 9900 .....

Beginning of Day - 2, after a Fresh install,

SCREEN - 1 : Only Data use, 17 Incoming emails, 9 outgoing emails, 50 min of BBM. (ALL on 3G Network).

BerryLicio.us Ultimate hybrid for most OS 7.1 devices-2va00ht.jpg

SCREEN - 2 : Another 6 incoming emails, 4 outgoing emails, some more BBM, Browsing Crackberry site & some others, 55 mins of Intl Voicecall.
    (ALL on 3G Network)

SCREEN 3 : continuous -77dBm signal level on Vodafone India 3G network with not a trace of any flicker ...

================================================== ========================

This is the BEST I've had from BL Team and frankly I really don't know how much better it can get from here.

Batt Temp is on the high side as Ambient Daytime Temp is over 30 deg C today. In spite of this, ADR is superbly maintained.

BL Team ... U guys are the Best ... ...

U guys have worked to squeeze out the LAST DROP of performance & perfection from your Hybrid mixes. This dedication itself is mindblowing. No one does it ... RIM hardly cares. U have surely SET STANDARDS ... benchmarks that other Hybrid builders need to follow (if they wish to belong in this art of Hybrid building on CrackBerry).
    11-19-12 02:20 AM
    P.S. to my last post ..

I've Never had emails (carrying 0.5 MB attachments) move IN & OUT at this blazing speed .. A special word of mention to Sator for this ... (what are u doing turnin' BB into a machine gun ... ... )
    BoldAlways, Sator, deezy87 and 1 others like this.
    11-19-12 02:29 AM
    Could you possibly provide a link so we could avoid it.

I personally use Easy Lock Pro from Bulbera. I always have an issue after I install a new OS. Probably because I rarely wipe first.

If the keypad/screen are not responding I just plug in the charger and it works. I delete, restart, reinstall and I'm good to go.

Here's the link to what I use.
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/69128

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-19-12 02:51 AM
    This is like HOME ...
    Welcome Back, Audio!
    Sator, audio_engr and ifraser like this.
    11-19-12 04:30 AM
    This is the BEST I've had from BL Team and frankly I really don't know how much better it can get from here.

BL Team ... U guys are the Best ... ...

U guys have worked to squeeze out the LAST DROP of performance & perfection from your Hybrid mixes. This dedication itself is mindblowing. No one does it ... RIM hardly cares. U have surely SET STANDARDS ... benchmarks that other Hybrid builders need to follow (if they wish to belong in this art of Hybrid building on CrackBerry).
    Agree on everything written there, Audio... Except for the part "how much better it can get from here"... Because this team ALWAYS get a way of improving the perfection!
    I�ve been "dating" RC8 for a few days now... Lots of work, days that start at 07:00 and go until 24... With power on, ending the day with 15%-18%... And using the Bold. I have a difficult time in expressing the words to show appreciation to this guys!
    Thank You, BL Team!
    Sator, sheldonbk, Mi.key and 1 others like this.
    11-19-12 04:51 AM
    Wow, I finally got RC8A1 + Rogers 746 with large SFI onto my BB9900. Spent a couple of days but after reinstalling my third party apps it would always fail to boot up and gave me an 0200 error. Ug. It would boot up okay till I re-installed my third party (which shows an issue with my third party). But...I had NO problems installing the now defunct Extreme v3-it booted all the way no problem. Went back to BLRC8A1 and 0200 error again. Frustration. So, I reset to factory (BIG mistake here!) and wiped then tried BLRC8A1 but did not install automatically my third party apps. I installed one third party app at a time and all installed. But the problem with using "Reset to Factory" is that I lost two key licenses to Voip programs I had installed. One of them (Fgvoip) no longer supports blackberry so I am outa luck there. The other one (Blackvoib) supports BB so I should be able to get my license for that app back-waiting on vendor response. I also re-installed from BB apps, one app at a time and pulled battery after each app install. Seems to be running great now. Will have to do the usual battery pulls and let run for about a week and I am sure it is gonna be great!
    Thank you again BL team!

On another note, with Verizon having the new OS 7.1.0.755 for the BB9930 it shows some excellent potential for voip apps. Reading the changelog there are two lines on increased support for voip. Getting voip to work is a real beatch as I have tried and many on the web say it is really difficultto impossible with CDMA but easier with GSM.

I think I read an earlier post that BL is cooking up some .755 for BB 9930? Kool.

Finally glad to see that "evil twin" gone from the other site too. lol

Thanks again BL team! Super work!
    BoldAlways, Sator and ifraser like this.
    11-19-12 05:42 AM
    It�s out of the kitchen already... Look up for BL returns thread. Welcome back!
    11-19-12 05:46 AM
    guys ... no sight of @ Phil ..

again on a holiday OR too busy with iPhone 5 ..
    ifraser likes this.
    11-19-12 06:48 AM
    guys ... no sight of @ Phil ..

again on a holiday OR too busy with iPhone 5 ..
    I believe he left the IThing by now
    Last edited by BoldAlways; 11-19-12 at 09:54 AM.
    11-19-12 06:49 AM
    Agree on everything written there, Audio...

Except for the part "how much better it can get from here"... Because this team ALWAYS get a way of improving the perfection!
    Indeed - perfection all the way AND pushing that envelope all the way so that every ALX & cods mesh with the hardware in a unique "hand-to-glove" fashion ...

I've a "new" word for such sort of guys ..... Highend Hybrids
    Sator, ifraser, ReBeL25 and 3 others like this.
    11-19-12 07:09 AM
    Awesome results Audio! Damn.. wish I installed it earlier. I also used base 746, but kept the Rogers 746 large sfi instead of the Voda 746 large sfi. I'm barely into the first day but so far 0.66% ADR (woohoo.. plugged in overnight and only an hour awake). How easy numbers can deceive. LOL Anyway, am looking forward to seeing what this baby can do.
    Sator and Legal Eagle like this.
    11-19-12 08:42 AM
    Awesome results Audio! Damn.. wish I installed it earlier. I also used base 746, but kept the Rogers 746 large sfi instead of the Voda 746 large sfi. I'm barely into the first day but so far 0.66% ADR (woohoo.. plugged in overnight and only an hour awake). How easy numbers can deceive. LOL Anyway, am looking forward to seeing what this baby can do.
    You wouldn�t believe, Sheldon
    11-19-12 09:03 AM
    You wouldn�t believe, Sheldon
    Very true, I just can't drag myself away from this build to try the new V2 Returns released today.
    BoldAlways and Sator like this.
    11-19-12 09:06 AM
    P.S. to my last post ..

I've Never had emails (carrying 0.5 MB attachments) move IN & OUT at this blazing speed .. A special word of mention to Sator for this ... (what are u doing turnin' BB into a machine gun ... ... )
    And the attachments download soo fast too, a 23 page .pdf in seconds !!!
    ifraser and Sator like this.
    11-19-12 09:07 AM
    Very true, I just can't drag myself away from this build to try the new V2 Returns released today.
    Well.... I can�t resist the temptation of a new release from the "Highend Hybrids" Team... But, just in case i leave 7b2 AND 8 in my pc
    Sator and audio_engr like this.
    11-19-12 09:08 AM
    And the attachments download soo fast too, a 23 page .pdf in seconds !!!
    Did you add/inject the email COD?
    11-19-12 09:20 AM
    Did you add/inject the email COD?
    Sure did.
    11-19-12 10:15 AM
    hey guess what!? BerryLicio.us just might be the new industry standard! you guys do a PHENOMENAL job
    Legal Eagle and zocster like this.
    11-19-12 11:14 AM
    I ain't trying anythin' for a while now ...

even if its V2 ...

unless .. its a 8A2 OR 8B1 ...
    j4ck5_dee likes this.
    11-19-12 01:30 PM
    Hmm... Day 4 and I'm still getting an ADR of 7-8?

That's my only concern, really. Other than that, it works amazingly!

Last edited by sacrdandprofne; 11-19-12 at 03:52 PM.
    11-19-12 03:40 PM
10,888 ... 253254255256257 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD