Thanks for your reply zocster.

I apologize I forgot to mention that I did install the .746 base and added/ replaced the dakota alx files. Tried pulling the bat, but it still hangs. Will reinstall the lot without adding the extra .alx files as you suggested and let you know how it goes.
    Just to make sure that I used BB Boss correctly - do I tick what I want to keep or what I want to remove?
    Last edited by Eskibo; 11-17-12 at 06:19 PM.
    11-17-12 06:05 PM
    thats what happened to me. i'll try another wipe and will use the same ALX for the .746. Jus to confirm i dont need to use any ALX from Jennings since im using 9810 when i install .746 with base .714?
    11-17-12 06:06 PM
    Sorry dakota and jennings alx are only good for up to 7b2.

Rc8 needs original alx from 746, unless you know how to add an extra line to the 9810 and two lines to 9900.

So safer using original alx.

As per shrinking, tick what you don't use then click on shrink.

Thanks for your reply zocster.

I apologize I forgot to mention that I did install the .746 base and added/ replaced the dakota alx files. Tried pulling the bat, but it still hangs.
    Just to make sure that I used BB Boss correctly - do I tick what I want to keep or what I want to remove?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    Eskibo, BoldAlways and chubals03 like this.
    11-17-12 06:17 PM
    @ Sator, i did inject the email patch that you had posted yeterday but i see no change in the behaviour while opening emails post 3 battery pulls.
    Any suggestions to make it work more efficiently ? Or do i reload ? Please suggest !
    Maxx, I think you can do a reload

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    BoldAlways and maxx71 like this.
    11-17-12 07:08 PM
    I just noticed that, while all my apps were restored by BBSAK, appworld doesn't even think I have them. They're not showing up on my installed list.

?!?!

[Sent from my BlackBerry 9790]
    11-17-12 08:12 PM
    I just noticed that, while all my apps were restored by BBSAK, appworld doesn't even think I have them. They're not showing up on my installed list.

?!?!

Appworld won't be able to detect your 3rd apps if you use BBSAK to restore them.

BoldAlways likes this.
    11-17-12 08:34 PM
    So should I get appworld to reinstall them again?

11-17-12 09:09 PM
    So should I get appworld to reinstall them again?

It's up to you sacrdandprofne, next time when you wipe your phone, reinstall your 3rd apps one by one.

sheldonbk and BoldAlways like this.
    11-17-12 10:24 PM
    Yeah. It gimped 2 apps on me. Reinstalled and they now work. I had random errors that would show up
    And decided to reinstall because I didn't delete the vendor file as well as left
    My antivirus on. Just reinstall any apps that don't work.
    11-17-12 11:06 PM
    Maxx, I think you can do a reload

In that case should i use the email patch as well ?
    Anything else that i need to do ?
    Thank God for the Sunday
    BoldAlways likes this.
    11-18-12 12:35 AM
    In that case should i use the email patch as well ?
    Anything else that i need to do ?
    Thank God for the Sunday
    Yes Maxx, just copy and paste it into the Java folder. Wipe your device and reinstall RC8A.

BoldAlways and maxx71 like this.
    11-18-12 12:41 AM
    Yes Maxx, just copy and paste it into the Java folder. Wipe your device and reinstall RC8A.

Thanks, will do......
    I also noticed that when i finish a call the signal goes to Zero bars then to return in a few seconds to 5 or 4 bars. No call drops or anything but just this misbehaviour. Would there be anything for this as well?
    11-18-12 01:09 AM
    Thanks, will do......
    I also noticed that when i finish a call the signal goes to Zero bars then to return in a few seconds to 5 or 4 bars. No call drops or anything but just this misbehaviour. Would there be anything for this as well?
    We never had this kind of behavior during our test, maybe you had a bad install Maxx

maxx71 likes this.
    11-18-12 01:20 AM
    We never had this kind of behavior during our test, maybe you had a bad install Maxx

Confirmed then, but the rest is working pretty well so i was guessing it not being a bad install ( adr, mdr etc is all working very well indeed)

Thanks Again, will reinstall with a wipe......would you suggest a Factory wipe ?
    11-18-12 01:25 AM
    Confirmed then, but the rest is working pretty well so i was guessing it not being a bad install ( adr, mdr etc is all working very well indeed)

Thanks Again, will reinstall with a wipe......would you suggest a Factory wipe ?
    It's good to have a factory reset once a while, when you restore your data, do a selective restore.

maxx71 likes this.
    11-18-12 01:35 AM
    It's good to have a factory reset once a while, when you restore your data, do a selective restore.

Will do.....Thanks for you Advice, will report on the other side of Install
    11-18-12 01:50 AM
    Just a while back carried out a Full Wipe to 503 ... followed by a Clean install of 8A1 + .746 base + .714 Lrg sfi

I also dropped in the email patch cod into the 8A1 java mix prior to shrink & load.

Had used sm1's hybrid (a loony actually) so just wanted to make sure that I don't have any malware from there.
    Legal Eagle and BoldAlways like this.
    11-18-12 02:19 AM
    Just a while back carried out a Full Wipe to 503 ... followed by a Clean install of 8A1 + .746 base + .714 Lrg sfi

I also dropped in the email patch cod into the 8A1 java mix prior to shrink & load.

Had used sm1's hybrid (a loony actually) so just wanted to make sure that I don't have any malware from there.
    Interesting that you installed RC8A1 with 714 (lg) sfi. I meant to try 714 large sfi, I think with 7A and then went to try a new AT&T BL hybrid, then 746 and I found that 746 sfi has been absolutely terrific performance. Yes, it runs a little hotter than 714, but the performance of my phone, which has to be the key function of any BB (at least one used at least partly for business), so I haven't tested 714 large. I keep meaning to, as I read so much great stuff about that sfi but I gotta stick with 746 large especially since I'm on Rogers and it must mean something that they released that OS. I still have to try 8A. Have been consumed with trying to sync my 9900 to Win8/Office2013 and have been having a brutal time with that. Can you tell I can't sleep and am babbling... LOL
    maxx71 likes this.
    11-18-12 02:26 AM
    I must have missed something... what's the email patch COD for 8A1?
    11-18-12 02:28 AM

Glad you got rid of that......lol
    I just did a full wipe as the email had some issues.
    Doing a factory wipe as suggested by Sator, while i type.
    BoldAlways likes this.
    11-18-12 02:38 AM
    Can you tell I can't sleep and am babbling... LOL
    Couldn't guess that......lol
    sheldonbk likes this.
    11-18-12 02:40 AM
    Glad you got rid of that......lol
    I just did a full wipe as the email had some issues.
    Doing a factory wipe as suggested by Sator, while i type.
    Me too ... full wipe using BBHTools & Factory wipe also.
    maxx71 likes this.
    11-18-12 02:40 AM
    email patch was provided by Sator cause i was having issues opening an email, it was taking a while longer than usual.
    It turned out to be a bad install for me due to which i have reloaded 8a all over again as suggested by Sator.
    11-18-12 02:42 AM
    This one Sheldon http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...mail-patch.rar
    sheldonbk likes this.
    11-18-12 02:43 AM
    Me too ... full wipe using BBHTools & Factory wipe also.
    Better to be sure
    11-18-12 02:46 AM
10,888 ... 251252253254255 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD