Uhm sup guy, I don't know where I should post this but here it goes. . .so last week I loaded BL Returns on my phone I ran well than I found a new OS by my carrier (Cell C) for my phone and I wanted to switch to RC7B1 I uninstalled everything including DM because I had downloaded a new version of DM then I installed everything from scratch after reboot. . .wiped my phone as per procedure, deleted Vendor.xml, opened app loader (That's when the problem began.) The loader kept on saying there's no OS for my phone on the laptop even though I installed it, I even removed it several of times but still kept on giving me that message. Battled with it for hours, changing OS's going to .714 to .746 nothing worked. Had to take my phone to those Blackberry Buddies so that they can install an OS on it, to my surprise it worked on their laptops. Now I want to install .714 because the one that's on is .336 which is kinda old well infact it is old, but still my laptop doesn't seem to show that there's a newer OS on for my phone. No update nothing, I'm afraid that if I wipe now and to try install any hybrid it my phone will be OS less and my laptop won't find an update there for it. Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem here? Oh and I've cleaned my registry, cleaned my temporary files too. Please help. Thank you.
    Sounds like you have a second "hidden" vendor.xml file somewhere on the PC.

Do a full search of the hard drive making sure that you enable the search for hidden files option.
    11-11-12 06:30 AM
    Sounds like you have a second "hidden" vendor.xml file somewhere on the PC.

Do a full search of the hard drive making sure that you enable the search for hidden files option.
    Thank you very much, yeah it was another Vendor.xml in AppData. . .finally I can load RC7B1 again, that's the one that everyone is going back to right? BL Return is good, but I want to try using my Carrier's OS which is still .714 with RC7B1 which seems to be everyone's if not most people's favourite OS.
    11-11-12 06:41 AM
    Totally agree with you.

I am getting identical battery figures to you but memory loss only 0.5mb

Still early days but looking like could be the best of the bunch. Deserves to be released.
    Day 3 post battery pull, i am getting the Most Amazing results yet with any RC builds till date.
    Today has been more of an idle kind of day but ADr has been hovering around 0.5 - 0 .7% mark.

Memory leak is next to none and device temp is 15 degrees celcius, Goodness Gracious i have never seen this kind of temprature on my device ever

Signal, i have seen a constant hovering around -47dbm to 67dbm, which again is Simply Awesome !!!!!

Thanks BL team, this RC is the Best till date
    11-11-12 08:28 AM
    Already test with 714 (large) but a little warm and my network more support small sfi
    It's true for 9790 the smaller sfi is better ( signal and temprature wise)
    j4ck5_dee likes this.
    11-11-12 08:33 AM
    Day 3 post battery pull, i am getting the Most Amazing results yet with any RC builds till date.
    Today has been more of an idle kind of day but ADr has been hovering around 0.5 - 0 .7% mark.

Memory leak is next to none and device temp is 15 degrees celcius, Goodness Gracious i have never seen this kind of temprature on my device ever

Signal, i have seen a constant hovering around -47dbm to 67dbm, which again is Simply Awesome !!!!!

whatever...we can only drooling here hahaha.....come on BL Team, when are you going to release this build?
    maxx71 likes this.
    11-11-12 08:34 AM

Which RC is this you're referring to... I tried to back-track your posts but I'm not sure. RC7B1? I've been out of touch for a couple of weeks, and missed a whole lot of posts. I have a few hours to kill so I thought I'd load up something new.
    maxx71 likes this.
    11-11-12 08:46 AM
    Which RC is this you're referring to... I tried to back-track your posts but I'm not sure. RC7B1? I've been out of touch for a couple of weeks, and missed a whole lot of posts. I have a few hours to kill so I thought I'd load up something new.
    Sorry for that, i am referring to RC7b !
    Sator likes this.
    11-11-12 08:51 AM
    Sorry for that, i am referring to RC7b !
    Thanks. Now I'm waffling. I've been catching up and see that RC8 may be dropping shortly. I may just wait for that. But I'm really tempted by that "-47dbm to 67dbm" signal strength you noted. I haven't seen anything better that -77dbm for a long time - and I'm in line of site, 1 km from my local Telus tower. Sitting on this fence is uncomfortable!
    maxx71 and Sator like this.
    11-11-12 09:09 AM
    I can sense sarcasm from some users *those whom already get RC7B2 or RC8
    can't wait to load it on my 9900 asap once it's out
    maxx71 likes this.
    11-11-12 09:15 AM
    Thanks. Now I'm waffling. I've been catching up and see that RC8 may be dropping shortly. I may just wait for that. But I'm really tempted by that "-47dbm to 67dbm" signal strength you noted. I haven't seen anything better that -77dbm for a long time - and I'm in line of site, 1 km from my local Telus tower. Sitting on this fence is uncomfortable!
    Rc8 ???? Not Sure about that until and unless a new OS pops up....lol
    Ecm likes this.
    11-11-12 09:16 AM
    We are just respecting the BL Teams wishes. No sarcasm intended.
    maxx71, Sator, audio_engr and 1 others like this.
    11-11-12 09:18 AM
    Patience is a Virtue
    Sator, audio_engr and BoldAlways like this.
    11-11-12 09:18 AM
    Rc8 ???? Not Sure about that until and unless a new OS pops up....lol
    Maybe I misinterpreted? I thought RC8 would be based on .746?
    11-11-12 09:27 AM
    Patience is a Virtue
    yeah yeah yeah....tell me about it
    maxx71 likes this.
    11-11-12 09:28 AM
    Maybe I misinterpreted? I thought RC8 would be based on .746?
    BL Returns is in a new thread and that is the latest Hybrid from the team and is based on .746.
    maxx71, BoldAlways and Ecm like this.
    11-11-12 09:29 AM
    BL Returns is in a new thread and that is the latest Hybrid from the team and is based on .746.
    There's my missing link (literally)! Thanks.
    maxx71 likes this.
    11-11-12 09:38 AM
    There's my missing link (literally)! Thanks.
    Weekends are always Great for a new OS load........All the Best, now that you have found the missing link !
    11-11-12 09:42 AM
    Ok We have been persuaded,

For those have been confused with the Ultimate release schedule we moved to BL Returns when
    746 was released. This mix was a collaboration with another of our members.

RC7 B2 was already ready for release but BL Returns became the focus as it still is.
    However by popular domand:

Here is the link to BL Ultimate RC7 B2

It is suitable to be used over 7.1.0.714 , 746 would cause issues unless you use the correct platform.alx

this is an intermediate release but please enjoy if you wish to use it.
    11-11-12 09:45 AM
    Go!!! Rush!! a new build has been released. lol
    Sator, deezy87 and BoldAlways like this.
    11-11-12 09:46 AM
    Ok We have been persuaded,

For those have been confused with the Ultimate release schedule we moved to BL Returns when
    746 was released. This mix was a collaboration with another of our members.

RC7 B2 was already ready for release but BL Returns became the focus as it still is.
    However by popular domand:

Here is the link to BL Ultimate RC7 B2

It is suitable to be used over 7.1.0.714 , 746 would cause issues unless you use the correct platform.alx

this is an intermediate release but please enjoy if you wish to use it.
    Glad you have made it an official release, now those of us who you were so kind as to provide the OS to can come out of the closet !!!

48 hours in it is running like a dream, would have been a real shame if it had not been made available to all.

Many thanks to the team as always.
    maxx71, Sator and BoldAlways like this.
    11-11-12 09:51 AM
    Go!!! Rush!! a new build has been released. lol
    It is an Awesome build...........IMO, the Best RC till date without an iota of doubt !!!!!!!!!
    Legal Eagle, Sator and BoldAlways like this.
    11-11-12 09:54 AM
    can someone explained to me how to do a hybrid but with a mac? i know what i'm doing on a computer but not a mac. or is it not possible? let me know
    11-11-12 10:28 AM
    Hey Legal Eagle,

After RC7B2 is installed, what does your device software version display? .714?

Thanks
    11-11-12 11:29 AM
    Hey Legal Eagle,

After RC7B2 is installed, what does your device software version display? .714?

Thanks

Ria- macs are difficult as not many os packages have been released for the OSX machines. If you can get a packaged os 7.1 for OS8 then copy the os files from a pc for 714 or 746 into the directory if it makes one.

Darkeng- if you used 714 as the basic OS then yes 714 is what you will show. At the time RC7 was created that was the latest release.

For info I am now testing the latest BL Returns v2.0 mix.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk on BL Hybrid
    BoldAlways and ria__x like this.
    11-11-12 11:47 AM
    Thank you for the information Mr. Lord of Hybrid....
    11-11-12 11:51 AM
10,888 ... 239240241242243 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD