Only need to add

Net_rim_bb_phone_qchatptt_resources.cod on to the platform alx and note the dimension changes of the virtual keyboard.

714 sfi and full 746 swaps will work on all devices provided the above line is inserted.

Will start a new thread for the new beast as it will also incorporate OS6.

@zocster
    The "Dakota" files are not compatible with the latest 746 build. At list on my device. Tried it 5 times yesterday and today. Every time it would result in "App Error 200 / reset" screen.
    It is working fine up to 714 build though. Any thoughts on this?
    (Apologies if it's been announced already and I have missed it)
    Cheers!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    w1sd0m.t00th and deezy87 like this.
    11-01-12 02:17 PM
    746 (small or large) is going to be quite a kookie to work with & guess it could be delaying the RC-8 release

And I aint liking the 30+ deg C temp at all as its $crewing up the ADR ...

by Saturday if there's no RC-8 with modified ALX -> -> I am heading the 7B1 with voda 714 route.
    11-01-12 02:20 PM
    Only need to add

Net_rim_bb_phone_qchatptt_resources.cod on to the platform alx and note the dimension changes of the virtual keyboard.

714 sfi and full 746 swaps will work on all devices provided the above line is inserted.

Will start a new thread for the new beast as it will also incorporate OS6.

BerryLicio.us
    Cheers mate! Exactly what I needed to hear!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-01-12 02:24 PM
    746 (small or large) is going to be quite a kookie to work with & guess it could be delaying the RC-8 release

And I aint liking the 30+ deg C temp at all as its sucking the ADR ...

by Saturday if there's no RC-8 with modified ALX -> -> I am heading the 7B1 with voda 714 route.
    746 is a special one, let me say this...
    I do not mind waiting for a proper hybrid this time.

Cheers!

deezy87 likes this.
    11-01-12 02:31 PM
    746 is a special one, let me say this...
    I do not mind waiting for a proper hybrid this time.

Cheers!

I second this! I can wait as long as any kinks that the team has came across have been ironed out....you guys NEVER disappoint!
    11-01-12 02:33 PM
    When do we get to see rc8???
    11-02-12 12:27 AM
    When do we get to see rc8???
    Not really worrying about when, more so why it's taking so long? Are there issues with 746? Do the new features come with a price?
    11-02-12 02:46 AM
    No issues we are publishing for all devices this time, OS6 also.

And Rohil, patience is a virtue, and you got none lol.

Not really worrying about when, more so why it's taking so long? Are there issues with 746? Do the new features come with a price?

BerryLicio.us
    ifraser, sheldonbk and rgshah3 like this.
    11-02-12 03:01 AM
    You haven't used the large SFI for long enough mate!
    Over a time the temperature goes down... How long did you give it a go?
    I've been following this thread from the beginning and rely on the info given here..

Please do not confuse anonymous readers and the rest..

Anyway, the 746 is a rough one! And I hope that the upcoming RC8 will help it out...

Cheers!
    Got to disagree with you on this one.

I have never known an .sfi run cooler with time.

I can always tell within a couple of hours of install if it's a hot one or a cold one.

As soon as you have completed your install and let the phone sit for an hour or so those are the temps that you will get.
    11-02-12 03:33 AM
    Do not fret folks, my work is back to semi normality today and I am back monitoring,

With the newer revised BL OS on board since yesterday, and the big new is, It will possibly
    not be labelled RC8, so watch out by the weekend we could have the release.

It is still a 746 base, after only a day mine is stable at 1.05% ADR so that shows the 746 file is good
    but as Zoc says the mix will be available for all devices.
    11-02-12 03:52 AM
    It is still a 746 base, after only a day mine is stable at 1.05% ADR so that shows the 746 file is good
    but as Zoc says the mix will be available for all devices.
    I am on BL. Unfortunately, I never see such a low adr on my 9900 even with EDGE. I can barely go down to 2% - 2.35% with EDGE. Not a heavy user. Several chats, ~50 e-mails received, 5-10 sent, 30mins average talk time, sometimes less, light browsing of 5-10mins.

So, you should be able to go at least 3 days with single charge on 3G with these rates.
    11-02-12 06:42 AM
    I am on BL. Unfortunately, I never see such a low adr on my 9900 even with EDGE. I can barely go down to 2% - 2.35% with EDGE. Not a heavy user. Several chats, ~50 e-mails received, 5-10 sent, 30mins average talk time, sometimes less, light browsing of 5-10mins.

So, you should be able to go at least 3 days with single charge on 3G with these rates.
    If only that was true, with signal and ADR fluctuations I think a day is still a good amount of battery.
    11-02-12 07:22 AM
    Just curious are these ADR results from BBDA or Meterberry.

11-02-12 07:26 AM
    If only that was true, with signal and ADR fluctuations I think a day is still a good amount of battery.
    well then thats not ADR then is it surely? replace A with one off or occasional DR...

i must be honest i am confused... are our ADRs so different because we are not comparing like with like?

no offense meant, i am just confused!
    Last edited by paulsdv; 11-02-12 at 08:05 AM.
    11-02-12 07:36 AM
    well then thats not ADR then is it surely? replace A with one off or occasional DR...

i must be honest i am confused... are our ADRs so different because we are not comparing like with like?
    You can only compare ADR's with what you achieve on your own device with different OS's

Everyones useage and signal is different so it's pointless expecting to achieve yourself what someone else is getting.

Other users ADR's are only useful if they are compared with what that person was getting with a different OS i.e. better or worse for them on their carrier with their usual useage.

Eg Ian has always posted his results with each new OS so we can get an idea what improvement he is seeing from the previous OS and expect to see that sort of improvement on our own figures, but we can not expect to see identical figures to his.
    deezy87, ReBeL25 and sheldonbk like this.
    11-02-12 08:05 AM
    You can only compare ADR's with what you achieve on your own device with different OS's

Everyones useage and signal is different so it's pointless expecting to achieve yourself what someone else is getting.

Other users ADR's are only useful if they are compared with what that person was getting with a different OS i.e. better or worse for them on their carrier with their usual useage.

Eg Ian has always posted his results with each new OS so we can get an idea what improvement he is seeing from the previous OS and expect to see that sort of improvement on our own figures, but we can not expect to see identical figures to his.
    There are too many variables...that's why all of us don;t have same ADR readings and all that fancy stuff
    ifraser likes this.
    11-02-12 08:16 AM

While i undertand that we may all have differencing performance and ADR, ADR is an average and as such we should be able to compare our ADR with others ADR, we may not be able to achieve what others are, but they should be comparable...

Also what Ertank mentioned earlier about a battery lasting 3 days on one charge should be valid, if the average DR is 1% on AVERAGE a single change should last 100 hours...
    11-02-12 08:17 AM
    While i undertand that we may all have differencing performance and ADR, ADR is an average and as such we should be able to compare our ADR with others ADR, we may not be able to achieve what others are, but they should be comparable...

Also what Ertank mentioned earlier about a battery lasting 3 days on one charge should be valid, if the average DR is 1% on AVERAGE a single change should last 100 hours...
    In my opinion the BBDA figures for ADR are distorted.

You could thrash the phone to death for 2 hours and then have it on charge for the next 22 hours and show a really low ADR over the 24 hour period.

A true figure in my view is one from say MeterBerry when you re set the discharge rate when you take it off charge, use the phone throughout the day and see what your discharge rate is before you put it back on charge.

That figure shows the ADR for your device when it has been in use and is not corrupted by an 8 hour overnight charge which brings the ADR way down
    BigwhiteUK likes this.
    11-02-12 08:26 AM
    Personally I found out that 746 is better in ADR than 714 and 658, so we're gonna have good ADR in Iking's mix.

11-02-12 08:51 AM
    Personally I found out that 746 is better in ADR than 714 and 658, so we're gonna have good ADR in Iking's mix.

Using which .sfi ?

.746 is supposed to be a hot one so I am proposing to stick with large .714 to get cool running.
    11-02-12 08:54 AM
    Using which .sfi ?

.746 is supposed to be a hot one so I am proposing to stick with large .714 to get cool running.
    Yes .714 Voda UK. Is very good, it runs cooler than .746 SFI's

11-02-12 09:06 AM
    Hot running vs colder temp running. I am assuming that the hotter running one is better for the 3g/4g signal? Sounds logical to me.
    11-02-12 10:16 AM
    How many of you genuises are working on this new batch? Ian, Andy, and anonymous lol I know Andy is rigorous in his testing and doesn't eff around...
    11-02-12 10:26 AM
    Hot running vs colder temp running. I am assuming that the hotter running one is better for the 3g/4g signal? Sounds logical to me.
    I thought that it was the other way round, the cooler the better for battery and component life.
    11-02-12 10:29 AM
    Rogers released 746 as Rogers official for 9900. Am already on 746 while waiting for the next best BL thread. On it for 5-6 days and seems to be getting better still somehow. Can't complain. Just thought it interesting that Rogers released it as official, so if there's a question or an option for sfi on the new RC8 when it comes out, it's food for thought for Rogers people to consider to stick with 746 sfi
    11-02-12 10:50 AM
10,888 ... 233234235236237 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD