Thanks and how do I solve that problem.....it seems like a lot of 9900 users have the same problem as well
    I think you have to return/claim it to your carrier. It also happened to my son's 9860.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-28-12 02:39 AM
    Also RC8 will be letting the handset users that dont have 746 released use the new version of maps and coloure LED`s as well
    I'll be waiting patiently
    10-28-12 03:26 AM
    I'll be waiting patiently

Lol, I wish I could wait impatiently. I tried and tried. But, it don't work for me. hahahaha. My Berries are standing by for the RC8 as is the pc with OS's already loaded n waiting.

On another note, here is something that I am somewhat surmising: Hi heat with the larger SFI's vs low heat with the smaller sfi's. My bb9900 has the smaller sfi and idles steadily at 19'C. My bb9790 has the larger SFI and idles at 25-28'C. My BB9930 idles at 25'C ( I don't know which SFI size it contains). Now here is what seems to add up. On the larger SFI's (9790 and possibly 9930) I get great signal locking while with the smaller size sfi I get lousy signal locking (BB9900). In fact some times I have to pull the battery on my BB9900 in order to get any signal at all! So, simplistically it appears that we either live with low temp and low signal or high temp and excellent signal and by signals I means 3g/4G attaining and locking. I get higher temps also on both my BB9700 and BB9780 (along with excellent 3g signal strength)but I am not sure what sfi size they contain. It just seems to correlate. I will install a larger SFI when RC8 drops onto my BB9900 to see the affects on both temp and 3/4G signal strength. This may also explain why throughtout CB why some people complain about lack of 3/4G signal strength while others say their's are good as we know that OS's from various sources vary on the size of the SFI's they carry. Just some food for thought here.

Bring on the RC8. Again, thank you BL team for doing a fantastic job, a great thread, unselfishly helping newbies and others in any problems they encounter , and for your patience, and expertise freely given!
    j4ck5_dee likes this.
    10-28-12 04:21 AM
    Patient is a virtue
    10-28-12 06:11 AM

Try bbhtool one buttton removal of vendor.xml's

Regards

Damian

Audio, if you have waited a day or so I would have told you that the bugger of a vendor.xml that hides is in:

C:\Users\ianf\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Where ianf is your profile.

Also for the person wanting install instruction there a numerous posts within this thread if you read through it that
    tell you the process of install.

Please follow and enjoy, we welcome new users.
    Vendelete, BBHTools - both failed to Track down & remove the sneaky vendor.xml file that was in my PC. Even repeated use of Windows Search wasn't able to grab it.

Finally Win Search DID or else I would have had to re-format my PC.
    10-28-12 09:00 AM
    Patient is a virtue

Nonsense. That is just a rumour. hahahahaha. only kidding
    ifraser likes this.
    10-28-12 10:03 AM
    Hi guys, I now want to install a hybrid OS for the first time on my 9790 and right now I have my provider's .523 installed on my phone.
    I understand the installation process but which version of the hybrid OS can I install ?

Or should I just install the .714 OS from another service provider before installing this oS ?
    Thank you,
    10-28-12 04:08 PM
    1. you can use BL Ultimate RC7 Beta 1 (java only) or wait RC 8
    2. can use 714 OS from another service provider for 9790 and don't forget to remove VENDOR.XML

For more details on how to install : http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...hybrid-750854/
    Sator likes this.
    10-28-12 09:04 PM
    when will the cooking of RC 8 done?
    had ALOT of coffee already. BL team, you guys never fail to drive us crazy. Checking on this page has been part of my routine life

anyway I'm not urging you guys to quickly publish it
    BL hybrid has always been my first and only priority to be installed on my 9900, now and always will be, thanks for you guys for greedy-less to share the hybrid for FREE
    10-28-12 11:06 PM
    anyway I'm not urging you guys to quickly publish it
    I am. Many of us here on the east coast in the USA might not make it through this storm. My last wish, before I go, is to try RC8...
    10-29-12 12:37 AM
    Been running RC7B1 + .714 (large sfi) for nearly a week..

Memory leak is practically non-existant..

Battery life is quite good (currently on 51%) after medium usage throughout the day (3 Medium voice calls, 20 emails, many many BBM's, 10 SMS, medium browsing) this is since being unplugged since just before 730am (right now being 545pm - so 10 hours)..i guess thats good battery life

How has the other torch users been going with these hybrids so far?

PS on another note you East coasters in the US, take care out there, hopefully itll pass by in a jiffy as fast as the BL hybrids are slick
    Sator, ifraser, BoldAlways and 1 others like this.
    10-29-12 01:48 AM
    I havent seen many posts from torch users, 9810 users to be exact and the majority of awesome ADR reports are 9900 users. Glad to hear atleast one torch user can confirm a positive report. I flashed YET again last night, but this time round i had the loader load and restore back my apps so i didnt wipe with bbsak this time round. I slept and forgot phone plugged to pc so i can assume that can equate to an overnight charge lol. Havent really used the phone that much but meterberry had shown 1.8% ADR on idle, even on idle I dont get such good ADR so to my phone this is great hope it only improves as time goes by as I do the usual recommended battery pulls.
    PS I encountered some java error updating my blackberry ID, Latest Appworld requires one to update their BBID.
    Sator and ifraser like this.
    10-29-12 04:22 AM
    The reason for RC8 versions taking so long is that we want to make sure there is actually an improvement and
    with Iking joining the OS7 hybrid manufacturing also we have more testers.
    Also we need to make sure that certain things like the new options are usable over the
    714 OS`s for handsets other that the 9900.

Hopefully it will be available middle of the week.
    10-29-12 06:04 AM
    We will try and dedicate it to all those users struggling through the bad weather.
    10-29-12 06:05 AM
    Just checking th thread...
    Sator likes this.
    10-29-12 06:40 AM
    The reason for RC8 versions taking so long is that we want to make sure there is actually an improvement and
    with Iking joining the OS7 hybrid manufacturing also we have more testers.
    It will have to go some to out perform RC7B1 with the Large .714 .sfi

That combination is awesome.
    10-29-12 06:59 AM
    Hopefully it will be available middle of the week.
    The middle of the week... Hmmm.... Now what should i do with my bold from now till then... three to four days
    10-29-12 07:11 AM
    It will have to go some to out perform RC7B1 with the Large .714 .sfi

That combination is awesome.
    Agree on that
    ifraser likes this.
    10-29-12 07:11 AM
    Big deal....just really windy and a little bit of rain, I'll live
    10-29-12 09:34 AM
    Where can I find Large .714 sfi file to download?
    10-29-12 02:43 PM
    Where can I find Large .714 sfi file to download?
    Vodafone UK or Orange UK

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 powered by
    BerryLicio.us
    10-29-12 03:45 PM
    So I installed the hybrid OS and noticed an additionnal icon in my home screen called apphouse ... What is it ? I tried going on it but I get an error when trying to load the page !
    10-29-12 07:36 PM
    So I installed the hybrid OS and noticed an additionnal icon in my home screen called apphouse ... What is it ? I tried going on it but I get an error when trying to load the page !
    Most likely a carrier pushed icon
    10-29-12 08:28 PM
    I havent seen many posts from torch users, 9810 users to be exact and the majority of awesome ADR reports are 9900 users. Glad to hear atleast one torch user can confirm a positive report. I flashed YET again last night, but this time round i had the loader load and restore back my apps so i didnt wipe with bbsak this time round. I slept and forgot phone plugged to pc so i can assume that can equate to an overnight charge lol. Havent really used the phone that much but meterberry had shown 1.8% ADR on idle, even on idle I dont get such good ADR so to my phone this is great hope it only improves as time goes by as I do the usual recommended battery pulls.
    PS I encountered some java error updating my blackberry ID, Latest Appworld requires one to update their BBID.
    Yup Torch 2 users seem to be far and few between, nonetheless good to see another user

I am assuming that the settling period may be longer..ill stick with this os mix for a while to see how i go,
    im also loading one 3rd party app at a time (to see which has the most effect on battery life and memory)

So far i have only BBM and Tiny Meter as 3rd party apps and the good news even with heavy use of BBM..there is no sight of memory leak
    (nearly 2 days through without a battery pull and just .2 of a mb loss, which is PERFECT!) Ill give updates as i load each 3rd party app..

And in regards to your BlackBerry ID error, i had to do the same thing, however had no such error..so maybe a 3rd party app clash with a .cod
    or a clash within the os

Anyway hope it goes smoothly from now
    Sator and Phly_kid like this.
    10-30-12 03:21 AM
    Has anyone compared RC7B1 +.714 base and the .746?
    10-30-12 06:28 AM
10,888 ... 229230231232233 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD